Skylight Energy

Skylight Energy

3.3

• Warranty Claim MadeYes · No (38)
  • Purchase Price$5,378.03
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation

Michaela S.
Michaela S.Sydney, NSW

Poor customer service

Had issues during installation. System installed does not meet our demand needs. Company refuses to correct the issue or help to find a solution gives us the run-around. Wouldn't hire this company again.

System Size5 KW
Panel PurchasedQCELL MONO SPLIT CELL Panels 425Watts ( Q.PEAK DUO L-G8.2 425W) , 5KW Growatt Single Phase Dual-MPPT inverter (GROWATT MIN 5000TL-X)
Warranty Claim MadeNo

Excellent company to deal with

Had a pleasure in dealing with this company in installing our solar system. Had a 10 kw system installed and happy with the solar returns. Carlos, the sales rep was extremely helpful in finding a product that suited us. He was knowledgeable and provided a system that suited our needs. Another person that I wanted to thank is Jean from customer service. It was a pleasure talking to you. Excellent service from you.
Fantastic service and product . Thanks guys.

System Size10 KW
Panel PurchasedTALESUN SOLAR
Purchase Price$6,000.00
Neville B.
Neville B.Sydney, NSW

Great Experience!

Got my system installed within 2 weeks! Steven is very helpful throughout the process. The admin support team are always in touch even after the solar installation! The installers also did a professional job! They are polite and punctual!

Panel PurchasedHyundai Solar Panels
Purchase Price$5,000.00

Michelle
MichelleCentral West, NSW

If I could have put a minus I would have this company is a rip off they are not CEC approved

After I wrote my last review that have messaged back and said they won't fix it until I take my review down , my panels are a fire hazard and not installed properly they were asked to pull it down and I was told it will not be happening
Consumers beware do not go to this company

Get quotes from Solar Panel Installers servicing your area

Don
DonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Very Happy Great Company

From Carlos in sales to Jessica in admin both were fantastic to deal with and keep me informed all the way . Installers were great and helped set up phone with the app .Highly Recommend

Panel PurchasedJinko Tiger Panels
Shabab
ShababBelconnen 2617, ACT

Very reliable and remarkable service

The service is beyond measure, i dealt with Carlos and from start till end he has amazed me with his professionalism and uttermost helpful nature. Carlos has made sure that i get the best products in the market with unbeatable price. Carlos constantly amazed with discounts which i didn't even expect and made the whole process dream come true. Another who was always on top of things and gave the best customer experience anyone can ask for is Jessica in the admin and contact centre of skylight she has contributed highly to make all these processes as simple as possibe and been very helpful with all my constant queries. In one word they are a great company and great genuine people.

System Size6.4 KW
Panel PurchasedHyundai
Purchase Price$5,000.00
Scotty Smith
Scotty SmithSydney, NSW

Excellent Service

Fast and Efficient Panel installation was carried out on our house
friendly Aussie team helped us with the whole process Step by Step A+ Service
great sales and after sales support, she's lookin good on the roof mate

Panel Purchasedhyundai
Purchase Price$4,700.00
Marco Ivanov
Marco IvanovIllawarra, NSW

Solar Installation

Great Customer Service, was informed personally by phone when the installation would take place , best price for the system compared to other quotes I got. And the installers were very professional.

System Size10.2 KW
Panel PurchasedQ-Cell
Purchase Price$8,300.00
Penny
PennySydney, NSW

Great Installation and Service

Would strongly recommend Skylight Energy. Carlos was great to deal with throughout the sales process, and Jessica was fantastic about updating me throughout the process.

Day of installation the installers arrived a little late but called to let me know, was just due to warehouse delays so no dramas. They completed a beautiful installation and cleaned up after themselves.

Joseph_Hill
Joseph_HillSydney, NSW

Rubbish company that threatens customers

My uncle bought their products and when a problem happened, he had endless pushing calls for nothing resolved. Then after he put 1-star rating on google, the company bombarded him with calls from different people. They said they would not fix it till he removed the rating. Honestly I think the only authentic reviews are those saying they had to go to Fair Trading to get things resolved. Good luck for your choice!

Get quotes from Solar Panel Installers servicing your area

Pleased with Savings

Got my system installed in October 2020 very happy with the overall process and installation, everything is well organized and went smoothly. I am very happy with the QCELL panels, the production is over 35KW per day on a sunny day. Got a 6.6KW system installed in October so far no issues at all. Very pleased with the service and installation team they did an excellent job.

Panel PurchasedQcell
Jan G.
Jan G.Queensland

Do NOT use Skylight Energy

Will and Jude
Will and JudeSydney, NSW

Power punch. Best thing i ve done for my bills

The steps were very simple and very effective as they worked in cohesian with one another.
I am totally satisfied with the professional and friendly way carlos treated me and especially as he informed me about the quality of the products and the benefits i would recieve by using them.Thanks bro luv ya

System Size6.6 KW
Panel PurchasedHyundai panels with huawei inverter
Purchase Price$4,900.00

Eugene
Eugene Sydney, NSW

Happy customer

Panels installation problems Was expected but issues was sorted out by Jean ( customer service) who guided me thru the process . Very professional. Installation was not finished on the day but they did finish it by the weekend.

Indira C.
Indira C.Sydney, NSW

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!

To make a long story short - I spoke to steven the “operations manager” via text and got abused. He was racist and very unprofessional. I emailed the office with the screenshots of the shocking conversation, didn’t receive anything back. Thank goodness I didn’t give these people my money! Imagine having an issue afterwards and having to deal with rude and hostile employees. Please STAY AWAY and go to a respected and reputable solar company. Don’t let these people push you into a sale.

Rossasked

This review is of Skylight Energy Solar, Rockdale NSW. There is a company with a similar name, so check the address before signing anything.

Has ANYBODY had a GENUINELY satisfactory experience with this company? I note that they have a couple of good reviews, but I'd be very suspicious that they are genuine. Most of their reviews are by 'consumers' who have only one review to their name, so you can draw your own conclusions from that.

Dave D.

Don't trust them at all. Zero customer service and ignore you after the steal your money. Goes through staff and installers by the bus load

Tom

I don’t do reviews really but I made a point with these guys. I can imagine if there were no missing parts etc. you could have a smooth experience. But honestly, after they made the sale they didn’t care at all... and we’re unbelievably incompetent.

Ross

That was my observation, promise the earth, and become incompetent immediately AFTER the deposit was taken. It's difficult to imagine that they are still in business, but I guess, like so many, many people don't find ALL the reviews.

I intended taking my experience to VCAT, but when they rang to tell me I wouldn't be getting my $500 deposit returned, because they don't return deposits, my partner, a lawyer was with me, and she gave them both barrels. 30 minutes later they called back and said they'd return it, but it took a further three weeks. Appalling people to do business with.

Cay
Cayasked

have ordered and paid deposit for solar to be installed. since Nov 2019 have heard nothing covid19 sprung up so was prepared to wait now I cant get them on the phone or email .can anyone tell me are they still in business

Tom

As far as I know. I have been chasing them until 2 weeks ago, so they were still in business then... All I can say is Good Luck!

Dave D.

Very painfull company to deal with. Make sure you have a detailed quote as they made lots of promises and didn't live up to any of them. I currently have a complaint in with department of fair trading

Ross

IF you can get your deposit back, take it and go elsewhere. Let me change that.......go elsewhere, and recover your deposit through QCAT, NCAT, VCAT, or whatever CAT operates in your state. They are hopeless to deal with, and dishonest in the extreme.

You WILL have difficulty recovering your deposit, and if you waited for that before going with another company, it could take months. You will get your deposit back through the Civil Tribunal in your state.

kyah n.
kyah n.asked

My dad Minh Nguyen was asked by this company to pay a deposit of $300 promising they can do 24 solar panel on his roof whilst the fact is it doesn’t have the space to do so! Now he’s asking for the refund back due to misleading information and it’s taking weeks!! I am writing on his behalf to request immediate refund or I will leave a negative feedback on your website and contact fair trading !!

Ross

Same deal with me, told me I could fit 22 panels, and even sent a computer generated diagram showing 22 panels, but arrived and said only 17 would fit, but they'd give me $100 a panel credit for the five not used. The panels are worth $300 each, so they would make $1000 off me, through THEIR deception.

CategorySolar Panel Installers and Solar Retailers