Skylight Energy

Skylight Energy

Brand Manager for Skylight Energy? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.2
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes · No (15)
  • Purchase Price$6,875.00

Geoff R
Geoff RNew South Wales

Total waste of money

After dealing with a very efficient salesman, we paid a deposit. Even though we live in a regional area, we were assured that our system would be installed with a few weeks. 7 months down the track- nothing. Lodged a complaint with Department of Fair Trading- made no difference as they did not respond to a government department.
I’m sure they realise that it will cost more than the deposit was worth to try to recover the deposit.
I guess in the long run, if I’ve lost $500 but never have to deal with this mob again maybe I’m in front. Cannot imagine what it would be like trying to get warranty help
5/10 years down the track.
My advice- avoid them like the plague.

Michelle
MichelleCentral West, NSW

If I could have put a minus I would have this company is a rip off they are not CEC approved

After I wrote my last review that have messaged back and said they won't fix it until I take my review down , my panels are a fire hazard and not installed properly they were asked to pull it down and I was told it will not be happening
Consumers beware do not go to this company

Joseph_Hill
Joseph_HillSydney, NSW

Rubbish company that threatens customers

My uncle bought their products and when a problem happened, he had endless pushing calls for nothing resolved. Then after he put 1-star rating on google, the company bombarded him with calls from different people. They said they would not fix it till he removed the rating. Honestly I think the only authentic reviews are those saying they had to go to Fair Trading to get things resolved. Good luck for your choice!

Jan G.
Jan G.Queensland

Do NOT use Skylight Energy

Get quotes from Solar Panel Installers servicing your area

Indira C.
Indira C.Sydney, NSW

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!

To make a long story short - I spoke to steven the “operations manager” via text and got abused. He was racist and very unprofessional. I emailed the office with the screenshots of the shocking conversation, didn’t receive anything back. Thank goodness I didn’t give these people my money! Imagine having an issue afterwards and having to deal with rude and hostile employees. Please STAY AWAY and go to a respected and reputable solar company. Don’t let these people push you into a sale.

Most unprofessional

You will not find a more unprofessional bunch of people. Do not deal with them!! They will take your money upfront but take their time to actually come and install them. They are so rude if you have any issues

Mile Mihajlovic
Mile MihajlovicGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avoid Skylight Energy

Installation
Panel Purchased they did not install it
Purchase Price$4,000.00
Geoffrey Smith
Geoffrey SmithIllawarra, NSW

Do not use , due to my experience

If anyone has been threatened with legal action due to your negative review please put a like
Never answered calls, installation terrible, would not return to fix problems for a month until I sent them a video. I had to put up with panels banging on the roof due to poor installation

System Size6 KW
Purchase Price$5,000.00
Andrew
AndrewMurray Region, NSW

Skylight Energy Scammers

Paid deposit in March, Skylight have not installed, do not take phone calls can not give a date for installation
Have called them every week since March, the constantly lie and avoid dealing with the not installing

The are the worst con men and liars I have ever encountered
Do not deal with this company or you will lose your money

AVOID THESE CLOWNS

System Size13.2 KW
Panel Purchased Jinko
Purchase Price$11,000.00

Get quotes from Solar Panel Installers servicing your area

Ginjhabread
GinjhabreadVictoria

Don't do business with them, very unprofessional people

Dave D.Sydney, NSW

skylight energy are crooks

did not complete installation as per paid contract. Refuse to take calls or answer emails as I tried to work it out with them. Now I'm going through Fair Trading.

Be very careful with these guys

System Size8 KW

Run A Mile.

Ben H.
Ben H.Hunter Region, NSW

Buyer Beware

We had a disappointing experience post-sales. We were told the process would take 4 weeks but after 4 months we will be taking them to Fair Trading. Assessment was made for 19 panels but after months of chasing an actual installation date, the electrician stated they could only fit 6 panels. All our concerns for suitability were raised before a deposit was paid, and dismissed by the friendly sales staff. After weeks of being promised a refund, it was eventually denied by management.

Use this company at your risk

Sri
SriSydney, NSW

I took them to the Tribunal to remediate poor installation resulting in damages/loss and won

• +1Thumbnail
System Size6.2 KW
Panel Purchased JENKO 310 Watt Panels and GoodWe Inverter

Rossasked

This review is of Skylight Energy Solar, Rockdale NSW. There is a company with a similar name, so check the address before signing anything.

Has ANYBODY had a GENUINELY satisfactory experience with this company? I note that they have a couple of good reviews, but I'd be very suspicious that they are genuine. Most of their reviews are by 'consumers' who have only one review to their name, so you can draw your own conclusions from that.

Dave D.

Don't trust them at all. Zero customer service and ignore you after the steal your money. Goes through staff and installers by the bus load

Tom

I don’t do reviews really but I made a point with these guys. I can imagine if there were no missing parts etc. you could have a smooth experience. But honestly, after they made the sale they didn’t care at all... and we’re unbelievably incompetent.

Ross

That was my observation, promise the earth, and become incompetent immediately AFTER the deposit was taken. It's difficult to imagine that they are still in business, but I guess, like so many, many people don't find ALL the reviews.

I intended taking my experience to VCAT, but when they rang to tell me I wouldn't be getting my $500 deposit returned, because they don't return deposits, my partner, a lawyer was with me, and she gave them both barrels. 30 minutes later they called back and said they'd return it, but it took a further three weeks. Appalling people to do business with.

Cay
Cayasked

have ordered and paid deposit for solar to be installed. since Nov 2019 have heard nothing covid19 sprung up so was prepared to wait now I cant get them on the phone or email .can anyone tell me are they still in business

Tom

As far as I know. I have been chasing them until 2 weeks ago, so they were still in business then... All I can say is Good Luck!

Dave D.

Very painfull company to deal with. Make sure you have a detailed quote as they made lots of promises and didn't live up to any of them. I currently have a complaint in with department of fair trading

Ross

IF you can get your deposit back, take it and go elsewhere. Let me change that.......go elsewhere, and recover your deposit through QCAT, NCAT, VCAT, or whatever CAT operates in your state. They are hopeless to deal with, and dishonest in the extreme.

You WILL have difficulty recovering your deposit, and if you waited for that before going with another company, it could take months. You will get your deposit back through the Civil Tribunal in your state.

kyah n.
kyah n.asked

My dad Minh Nguyen was asked by this company to pay a deposit of $300 promising they can do 24 solar panel on his roof whilst the fact is it doesn’t have the space to do so! Now he’s asking for the refund back due to misleading information and it’s taking weeks!! I am writing on his behalf to request immediate refund or I will leave a negative feedback on your website and contact fair trading !!

Ross

Same deal with me, told me I could fit 22 panels, and even sent a computer generated diagram showing 22 panels, but arrived and said only 17 would fit, but they'd give me $100 a panel credit for the five not used. The panels are worth $300 each, so they would make $1000 off me, through THEIR deception.

CategoryOnline Shops, Solar Panel Installers and Solar Retailers
After Sales ServiceYes
Solar Connection TypeGrid-Connected and Hybrid
Services ProvidedInstaller and Solar Product Retailer
Clean Energy Council MemberYes
Clean Energy Council Recognition Accredited Installer, Approved Retailer and Member
Solar Connection TypeGrid-Connected and Hybrid