Skylight Energy

Skylight Energy

Brand Manager for Skylight Energy? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.0
  • Return Claim MadeYes (3) · No
  • Installation
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes · No (3)
  • Purchase Price$7,500.00
Dave D.Sydney, NSW

skylight energy are crooks

did not complete installation as per paid contract. Refuse to take calls or answer emails as I tried to work it out with them. Now I'm going through Fair Trading.

Be very careful with these guys

Installation

Run A Mile.

Ben H.
Ben H.Hunter Region, NSW

Buyer Beware

We had a disappointing experience post-sales. We were told the process would take 4 weeks but after 4 months we will be taking them to Fair Trading. Assessment was made for 19 panels but after months of chasing an actual installation date, the electrician stated they could only fit 6 panels. All our concerns for suitability were raised before a deposit was paid, and dismissed by the friendly sales staff. After weeks of being promised a refund, it was eventually denied by management.

Use this company at your risk

Installation

Ben1676asked

I hear these guys Skylight Energy aren't actually accredited CEC retailers...yet they misrepresent that they are? Can anyone confirm? Anyone can be a CEC member, not hard to get.

I am not sure of CEC status, next week will be 12 mths since we signed the contract, and still on limbo. What has been done was well after agreed time frames and after we had stated we no longer wished to go ahead due to it not being completed in the 3 week time frame agreed. We were not informed the panel install was going to happen on the day it did, and we most certainly didn’t give consent to contractors/installers to access our property when we were not there, it was unauthorized entry ( they gained access through our garage and in our roof ) keeping in mind this was 3 mths after we stated we wanted a refund of the deposit. They have been extremely difficult to deal with and over the last 3/4 weeks they have stopped responding to emails! From personal experience I would NOT recommend them

Ben1676

Seems Skylight Energy like to misrepresent facts in order to mislead ... they have form here. Solar Retailer approved they are most certainly not.

Rossasked

This review is of Skylight Energy Solar, Rockdale NSW. There is a company with a similar name, so check the address before signing anything.

Has ANYBODY had a GENUINELY satisfactory experience with this company? I note that they have a couple of good reviews, but I'd be very suspicious that they are genuine. Most of their reviews are by 'consumers' who have only one review to their name, so you can draw your own conclusions from that.

Dave D.

Don't trust them at all. Zero customer service and ignore you after the steal your money. Goes through staff and installers by the bus load

Tom

I don’t do reviews really but I made a point with these guys. I can imagine if there were no missing parts etc. you could have a smooth experience. But honestly, after they made the sale they didn’t care at all... and we’re unbelievably incompetent.

Ross

That was my observation, promise the earth, and become incompetent immediately AFTER the deposit was taken. It's difficult to imagine that they are still in business, but I guess, like so many, many people don't find ALL the reviews.

I intended taking my experience to VCAT, but when they rang to tell me I wouldn't be getting my $500 deposit returned, because they don't return deposits, my partner, a lawyer was with me, and she gave them both barrels. 30 minutes later they called back and said they'd return it, but it took a further three weeks. Appalling people to do business with.

Cay
Cayasked

have ordered and paid deposit for solar to be installed. since Nov 2019 have heard nothing covid19 sprung up so was prepared to wait now I cant get them on the phone or email .can anyone tell me are they still in business

Tom

As far as I know. I have been chasing them until 2 weeks ago, so they were still in business then... All I can say is Good Luck!

Dave D.

Very painfull company to deal with. Make sure you have a detailed quote as they made lots of promises and didn't live up to any of them. I currently have a complaint in with department of fair trading

Ross

IF you can get your deposit back, take it and go elsewhere. Let me change that.......go elsewhere, and recover your deposit through QCAT, NCAT, VCAT, or whatever CAT operates in your state. They are hopeless to deal with, and dishonest in the extreme.

You WILL have difficulty recovering your deposit, and if you waited for that before going with another company, it could take months. You will get your deposit back through the Civil Tribunal in your state.

CategoryOnline Shops, Solar Panel Installers and Solar Retailers
After Sales ServiceYes
Solar Connection TypeGrid-Connected and Hybrid
Services ProvidedInstaller and Solar Product Retailer
Clean Energy Council MemberYes
Clean Energy Council Recognition Accredited Installer, Approved Retailer and Member
Solar Connection TypeGrid-Connected and Hybrid