Skylight Energy

Skylight Energy

Brand Manager for Skylight Energy? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.0
  • Timeliness
  • Installation
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (2) · No
  • Purchase Price$5,200.00
Pavan W.
Pavan W.

After sales is extremely disappointing

Everything went well until install. i would give 5 stars. Then came the problems,
1. It took more than a month after install from Skylight to inform/apply new connection to the distributor, i had to call Distributor and Skylight more than a handful of times to sort it out.
2. Circuit breaker kept tripping on hot days, multiple phone calls had to be made to get a service order raised and it took more than a month.
3. Kept me hanging on the phone when i asked to speak with manager.

After sales is extremely disappointing. I hope someone will use this information wisely in their decision making.

Installation
Trustworthiness
System Size10 KW
Warranty Claim MadeYes
Stuart
StuartSydney, NSW

Lack of After Sales Service

I had a good experience with Skylight Energy through the quote stage. They appeared honest and quoted and recommended what I needed, not like a lot of companys who were just trying to push certain products or systems that would make the most money. But after installing all the solar power is going to the grid and it is taking me enormous amounts of phone calls and I still dont have it fixed that Im consuming the solar power. After sales service is deplorable.

Installation
System Size6.6 KW
Panel Purchased Q cell
Warranty Claim MadeYes
Purchase Price$5,200.00

Rossasked

This review is of Skylight Energy Solar, Rockdale NSW. There is a company with a similar name, so check the address before signing anything.

Has ANYBODY had a GENUINELY satisfactory experience with this company? I note that they have a couple of good reviews, but I'd be very suspicious that they are genuine. Most of their reviews are by 'consumers' who have only one review to their name, so you can draw your own conclusions from that.

Dave D.

Don't trust them at all. Zero customer service and ignore you after the steal your money. Goes through staff and installers by the bus load

Tom

I don’t do reviews really but I made a point with these guys. I can imagine if there were no missing parts etc. you could have a smooth experience. But honestly, after they made the sale they didn’t care at all... and we’re unbelievably incompetent.

Ross

That was my observation, promise the earth, and become incompetent immediately AFTER the deposit was taken. It's difficult to imagine that they are still in business, but I guess, like so many, many people don't find ALL the reviews.

I intended taking my experience to VCAT, but when they rang to tell me I wouldn't be getting my $500 deposit returned, because they don't return deposits, my partner, a lawyer was with me, and she gave them both barrels. 30 minutes later they called back and said they'd return it, but it took a further three weeks. Appalling people to do business with.

Cay
Cayasked

have ordered and paid deposit for solar to be installed. since Nov 2019 have heard nothing covid19 sprung up so was prepared to wait now I cant get them on the phone or email .can anyone tell me are they still in business

Tom

As far as I know. I have been chasing them until 2 weeks ago, so they were still in business then... All I can say is Good Luck!

Dave D.

Very painfull company to deal with. Make sure you have a detailed quote as they made lots of promises and didn't live up to any of them. I currently have a complaint in with department of fair trading

Ross

IF you can get your deposit back, take it and go elsewhere. Let me change that.......go elsewhere, and recover your deposit through QCAT, NCAT, VCAT, or whatever CAT operates in your state. They are hopeless to deal with, and dishonest in the extreme.

You WILL have difficulty recovering your deposit, and if you waited for that before going with another company, it could take months. You will get your deposit back through the Civil Tribunal in your state.

kyah n.
kyah n.asked

My dad Minh Nguyen was asked by this company to pay a deposit of $300 promising they can do 24 solar panel on his roof whilst the fact is it doesn’t have the space to do so! Now he’s asking for the refund back due to misleading information and it’s taking weeks!! I am writing on his behalf to request immediate refund or I will leave a negative feedback on your website and contact fair trading !!

Ross

Same deal with me, told me I could fit 22 panels, and even sent a computer generated diagram showing 22 panels, but arrived and said only 17 would fit, but they'd give me $100 a panel credit for the five not used. The panels are worth $300 each, so they would make $1000 off me, through THEIR deception.

CategoryOnline Shops, Solar Panel Installers and Solar Retailers
After Sales ServiceYes
Solar Connection TypeGrid-Connected and Hybrid
Services ProvidedInstaller and Solar Product Retailer
Clean Energy Council MemberYes
Clean Energy Council Recognition Accredited Installer, Approved Retailer and Member
Solar Connection TypeGrid-Connected and Hybrid