Skylight Energy

Skylight Energy

3.2

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (33)
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (2) · No (29)
  • Purchase Price$5,481.53
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation

Michelle

MichelleCentral West, NSW

If I could have put a minus I would have this company is a rip off they are not CEC approved

After I wrote my last review that have messaged back and said they won't fix it until I take my review down , my panels are a fire hazard and not installed properly they were asked to pull it down and I was told it will not be happening
Consumers beware do not go to this company

6.6kw Solar deal just @ $2,999 only + Free travel voucher worth $1,500.

Install a 6.6KW system for only $2,999.00, and receive a travel voucher worth $1,500.00 if you choose to install with us within 7 days of making an enquiry.

Don

DonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Very Happy Great Company

From Carlos in sales to Jessica in admin both were fantastic to deal with and keep me informed all the way . Installers were great and helped set up phone with the app .Highly Recommend

Panel PurchasedJinko Tiger Panels
Shabab

ShababBelconnen 2617, ACT

Very reliable and remarkable service

The service is beyond measure, i dealt with Carlos and from start till end he has amazed me with his professionalism and uttermost helpful nature. Carlos has made sure that i get the best products in the market with unbeatable price. Carlos constantly amazed with discounts which i didn't even expect and made the whole process dream come true. Another who was always on top of things and gave the best customer experience anyone can ask for is Jessica in the admin and contact centre of skylight she has contributed highly to make all these processes as simple as possibe and been very helpful with all my constant queries. In one word they are a great company and great genuine people.

System Size6.4 KW
Panel PurchasedHyundai
Purchase Price$5,000.00

Find out how Skylight Energy compares to other Solar Panel Installers

After sales is extremely disappointing

Everything went well until install. i would give 5 stars. Then came the problems,
1. It took more than a month after install from Skylight to inform/apply new connection to the distributor, i had to call Distributor and Skylight more than a handful of times to sort it out.
2. Circuit breaker kept tripping on hot days, multiple phone calls had to be made to get a service order raised and it took more than a month.
3. Kept me hanging on the phone when i asked to speak with manager.

After sales is extremely disappointing. I hope someone will use this information wisely in their decision making.

System Size10 KW
Warranty Claim MadeYes

Get quotes from Solar Panel Installers servicing your area

Receive up to 3 quotes with ProductReview.com.au

Get quotes
Scotty Smith

Scotty SmithSydney, NSW

Excellent Service

Fast and Efficient Panel installation was carried out on our house
friendly Aussie team helped us with the whole process Step by Step A+ Service
great sales and after sales support, she's lookin good on the roof mate

Panel Purchasedhyundai
Purchase Price$4,700.00
Marco Ivanov

Marco IvanovIllawarra, NSW

Solar Installation

Great Customer Service, was informed personally by phone when the installation would take place , best price for the system compared to other quotes I got. And the installers were very professional.

System Size10.2 KW
Panel PurchasedQ-Cell
Purchase Price$8,300.00

Penny

PennySydney, NSW

Great Installation and Service

Would strongly recommend Skylight Energy. Carlos was great to deal with throughout the sales process, and Jessica was fantastic about updating me throughout the process.

Day of installation the installers arrived a little late but called to let me know, was just due to warehouse delays so no dramas. They completed a beautiful installation and cleaned up after themselves.

Joseph_Hill

Joseph_HillSydney, NSW

Rubbish company that threatens customers

My uncle bought their products and when a problem happened, he had endless pushing calls for nothing resolved. Then after he put 1-star rating on google, the company bombarded him with calls from different people. They said they would not fix it till he removed the rating. Honestly I think the only authentic reviews are those saying they had to go to Fair Trading to get things resolved. Good luck for your choice!

Will and Jude

Will and JudeSydney, NSW

Power punch. Best thing i ve done for my bills

The steps were very simple and very effective as they worked in cohesian with one another.
I am totally satisfied with the professional and friendly way carlos treated me and especially as he informed me about the quality of the products and the benefits i would recieve by using them.Thanks bro luv ya

System Size6.6 KW
Panel PurchasedHyundai panels with huawei inverter
Purchase Price$4,900.00

Jane M.

Jane M.Hunter Region, NSW

Do not use Skylight Energy at all costs

System Size7.3 KW
Panel PurchasedEnphas micoinvertor with trina black panels
Purchase Price$7,600.00

Get quotes from Solar Panel Installers servicing your area

Receive up to 3 quotes with ProductReview.com.au

Get quotes
Eugene

Eugene Sydney, NSW

Happy customer

Panels installation problems Was expected but issues was sorted out by Jean ( customer service) who guided me thru the process . Very professional. Installation was not finished on the day but they did finish it by the weekend.

Indira C.

Indira C.Sydney, NSW

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!

To make a long story short - I spoke to steven the “operations manager” via text and got abused. He was racist and very unprofessional. I emailed the office with the screenshots of the shocking conversation, didn’t receive anything back. Thank goodness I didn’t give these people my money! Imagine having an issue afterwards and having to deal with rude and hostile employees. Please STAY AWAY and go to a respected and reputable solar company. Don’t let these people push you into a sale.

Shell

ShellSouth East Queensland, QLD

Buy direct from an installer not these sales people.

Most unprofessional

You will not find a more unprofessional bunch of people. Do not deal with them!! They will take your money upfront but take their time to actually come and install them. They are so rude if you have any issues

steven

stevenSydney Surrounds, NSW

happy customer

skylight energy were easy to deal with,always pleasant on phone,answered all my queries and gave me great feedback nad service,
the service installers were on time and very good,took care when on roof as not to damage anything and installed my solar very professionally taken me through every step.Cleaned all their rubbish so you would have known they had been there if you didn,t look at the new panels on roof.
Justin was very good and explained the app. to us.
very happy with this company.steve

System Size7.2 KW
Panel Purchasedjapenese
Purchase Price$4.50

Rossasked

This review is of Skylight Energy Solar, Rockdale NSW. There is a company with a similar name, so check the address before signing anything.

Has ANYBODY had a GENUINELY satisfactory experience with this company? I note that they have a couple of good reviews, but I'd be very suspicious that they are genuine. Most of their reviews are by 'consumers' who have only one review to their name, so you can draw your own conclusions from that.

Dave D.

Don't trust them at all. Zero customer service and ignore you after the steal your money. Goes through staff and installers by the bus load

Tom

I don’t do reviews really but I made a point with these guys. I can imagine if there were no missing parts etc. you could have a smooth experience. But honestly, after they made the sale they didn’t care at all... and we’re unbelievably incompetent.

Ross

That was my observation, promise the earth, and become incompetent immediately AFTER the deposit was taken. It's difficult to imagine that they are still in business, but I guess, like so many, many people don't find ALL the reviews.

I intended taking my experience to VCAT, but when they rang to tell me I wouldn't be getting my $500 deposit returned, because they don't return deposits, my partner, a lawyer was with me, and she gave them both barrels. 30 minutes later they called back and said they'd return it, but it took a further three weeks. Appalling people to do business with.

Cay

Cayasked

have ordered and paid deposit for solar to be installed. since Nov 2019 have heard nothing covid19 sprung up so was prepared to wait now I cant get them on the phone or email .can anyone tell me are they still in business

Tom

As far as I know. I have been chasing them until 2 weeks ago, so they were still in business then... All I can say is Good Luck!

Dave D.

Very painfull company to deal with. Make sure you have a detailed quote as they made lots of promises and didn't live up to any of them. I currently have a complaint in with department of fair trading

Ross

IF you can get your deposit back, take it and go elsewhere. Let me change that.......go elsewhere, and recover your deposit through QCAT, NCAT, VCAT, or whatever CAT operates in your state. They are hopeless to deal with, and dishonest in the extreme.

You WILL have difficulty recovering your deposit, and if you waited for that before going with another company, it could take months. You will get your deposit back through the Civil Tribunal in your state.

kyah n.

kyah n.asked

My dad Minh Nguyen was asked by this company to pay a deposit of $300 promising they can do 24 solar panel on his roof whilst the fact is it doesn’t have the space to do so! Now he’s asking for the refund back due to misleading information and it’s taking weeks!! I am writing on his behalf to request immediate refund or I will leave a negative feedback on your website and contact fair trading !!

Ross

Same deal with me, told me I could fit 22 panels, and even sent a computer generated diagram showing 22 panels, but arrived and said only 17 would fit, but they'd give me $100 a panel credit for the five not used. The panels are worth $300 each, so they would make $1000 off me, through THEIR deception.

CategorySolar Panel Installers and Solar Retailers