Skylight Energy

Skylight Energy

Brand Manager for Skylight Energy? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.1
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (2) · No (17)
  • Purchase Price$6,743.78

DO NOT USE

10 months in and still having issues, last review I wrote I was then threatened to take it down even though it was factual - nothing but bullies and clearly don't care when they break the contract. I would not recommend this company, the only reason I gave them a1 star rating is because you can't give a zero rating.

Geoff R
Geoff RNew South Wales

Total waste of money

After dealing with a very efficient salesman, we paid a deposit. Even though we live in a regional area, we were assured that our system would be installed with a few weeks. 7 months down the track- nothing. Lodged a complaint with Department of Fair Trading- made no difference as they did not respond to a government department.
I’m sure they realise that it will cost more than the deposit was worth to try to recover the deposit.
I guess in the long run, if I’ve lost $500 but never have to deal with this mob again maybe I’m in front. Cannot imagine what it would be like trying to get warranty help
5/10 years down the track.
My advice- avoid them like the plague.

Michelle
MichelleCentral West, NSW

If I could have put a minus I would have this company is a rip off they are not CEC approved

After I wrote my last review that have messaged back and said they won't fix it until I take my review down , my panels are a fire hazard and not installed properly they were asked to pull it down and I was told it will not be happening
Consumers beware do not go to this company

Pavan W.
Pavan W.

After sales is extremely disappointing

Everything went well until install. i would give 5 stars. Then came the problems,
1. It took more than a month after install from Skylight to inform/apply new connection to the distributor, i had to call Distributor and Skylight more than a handful of times to sort it out.
2. Circuit breaker kept tripping on hot days, multiple phone calls had to be made to get a service order raised and it took more than a month.
3. Kept me hanging on the phone when i asked to speak with manager.

After sales is extremely disappointing. I hope someone will use this information wisely in their decision making.

Joseph_Hill
Joseph_HillSydney, NSW

Rubbish company that threatens customers

My uncle bought their products and when a problem happened, he had endless pushing calls for nothing resolved. Then after he put 1-star rating on google, the company bombarded him with calls from different people. They said they would not fix it till he removed the rating. Honestly I think the only authentic reviews are those saying they had to go to Fair Trading to get things resolved. Good luck for your choice!

Jan G.
Jan G.Queensland

Make sure you read the negative reviews - so so glad I got my money back & install didn't happen

Jane M.
Jane M.Hunter Region, NSW

Do not use Skylight Energy at all costs

Indira C.
Indira C.Sydney, NSW

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!

To make a long story short - I spoke to steven the “operations manager” via text and got abused. He was racist and very unprofessional. I emailed the office with the screenshots of the shocking conversation, didn’t receive anything back. Thank goodness I didn’t give these people my money! Imagine having an issue afterwards and having to deal with rude and hostile employees. Please STAY AWAY and go to a respected and reputable solar company. Don’t let these people push you into a sale.

Shell
ShellSouth East Queensland, QLD

Buy direct from an installer not these sales people.

Most unprofessional

You will not find a more unprofessional bunch of people. Do not deal with them!! They will take your money upfront but take their time to actually come and install them. They are so rude if you have any issues

Robert Van
Robert VanSydney, NSW

Very bad service, do not buy from this company

Bought a solar system from this company. The system was finally installed after delays. This system now goes on tilt meaning that it does not make any electricity. For months now I have been trying to get my system fixed while loosing $$$$$$$$$$, but they only give excuses. Do not buy from this company.

Mile Mihajlovic
Mile MihajlovicGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avoid Skylight Energy

Geoffrey Smith
Geoffrey SmithIllawarra, NSW

Do not use , due to my experience

If anyone has been threatened with legal action due to your negative review please put a like
Never answered calls, installation terrible, would not return to fix problems for a month until I sent them a video. I had to put up with panels banging on the roof due to poor installation

Extra charge

I was surprised on day of installation when asked for $300 because "my roof was steep"An employee of Skylight had previously been on my roof to check and made no mention of steep roof.
System appears to work ok but as a very elderly women I have no idea how good it is and as Skylight has only21/2 stars I do wonder

Abdi
AbdiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Skylight Energy-Stay Away

They installed my solar system in December 2018 and I wasn't happy the installation process. The system have been audited by government agency and found so many defects.The agency sent me a copy report with list of the defects to rectify.They also sent them a copy of the report but they claimed never received it.Eventually,I sent them the copy of report twice and I called so many times and asked them to rectify the defects and they keep telling me the electrician will come and fix all the defects.8 months later, I am still waiting.

Rossasked

This review is of Skylight Energy Solar, Rockdale NSW. There is a company with a similar name, so check the address before signing anything.

Has ANYBODY had a GENUINELY satisfactory experience with this company? I note that they have a couple of good reviews, but I'd be very suspicious that they are genuine. Most of their reviews are by 'consumers' who have only one review to their name, so you can draw your own conclusions from that.

Dave D.

Don't trust them at all. Zero customer service and ignore you after the steal your money. Goes through staff and installers by the bus load

Tom

I don’t do reviews really but I made a point with these guys. I can imagine if there were no missing parts etc. you could have a smooth experience. But honestly, after they made the sale they didn’t care at all... and we’re unbelievably incompetent.

Ross

That was my observation, promise the earth, and become incompetent immediately AFTER the deposit was taken. It's difficult to imagine that they are still in business, but I guess, like so many, many people don't find ALL the reviews.

I intended taking my experience to VCAT, but when they rang to tell me I wouldn't be getting my $500 deposit returned, because they don't return deposits, my partner, a lawyer was with me, and she gave them both barrels. 30 minutes later they called back and said they'd return it, but it took a further three weeks. Appalling people to do business with.

Cay
Cayasked

have ordered and paid deposit for solar to be installed. since Nov 2019 have heard nothing covid19 sprung up so was prepared to wait now I cant get them on the phone or email .can anyone tell me are they still in business

Tom

As far as I know. I have been chasing them until 2 weeks ago, so they were still in business then... All I can say is Good Luck!

Dave D.

Very painfull company to deal with. Make sure you have a detailed quote as they made lots of promises and didn't live up to any of them. I currently have a complaint in with department of fair trading

Ross

IF you can get your deposit back, take it and go elsewhere. Let me change that.......go elsewhere, and recover your deposit through QCAT, NCAT, VCAT, or whatever CAT operates in your state. They are hopeless to deal with, and dishonest in the extreme.

You WILL have difficulty recovering your deposit, and if you waited for that before going with another company, it could take months. You will get your deposit back through the Civil Tribunal in your state.

kyah n.
kyah n.asked

My dad Minh Nguyen was asked by this company to pay a deposit of $300 promising they can do 24 solar panel on his roof whilst the fact is it doesn’t have the space to do so! Now he’s asking for the refund back due to misleading information and it’s taking weeks!! I am writing on his behalf to request immediate refund or I will leave a negative feedback on your website and contact fair trading !!

Ross

Same deal with me, told me I could fit 22 panels, and even sent a computer generated diagram showing 22 panels, but arrived and said only 17 would fit, but they'd give me $100 a panel credit for the five not used. The panels are worth $300 each, so they would make $1000 off me, through THEIR deception.

CategoryOnline Shops, Solar Panel Installers and Solar Retailers
After Sales ServiceYes
Solar Connection TypeGrid-Connected and Hybrid
Services ProvidedInstaller and Solar Product Retailer
Clean Energy Council MemberYes
Clean Energy Council Recognition Accredited Installer, Approved Retailer and Member
Solar Connection TypeGrid-Connected and Hybrid