Sleep Republic Queen

Marlene

Marleneasked

Queen

Hi
My question is in relation to smell. I purchase a boxed mattress very similar to your product. The same experience as I am hearing from your reviews.... next day delivery, great customer service, comfort etc. BUT the smell has been traumatic. I have had to put the foam parts out on the deck for the last 5 days and still the smell is overwhelming. I am waking up with the taste of the smell in my mouth as well as a sore throat. I believe that this is an individual experience as I must be so sensitive to the smell and the materials used WHICH is why it is important for me to know if your mattresses have a smell ( a toxic smell even though the material are tested etc and classed as non toxic at all)
Please give me A true response as do not want to waste my time or your time.
Look forward to your reply
Regards
Marl

KerriF
KerriF

Hi Marl,
I have purchased two Sleep Republic mattresses, and they have only had a “brand new” smell for the first few hours. I recall the instructions being to leave the mattress untouched for a day once opened, which I did, and I’ve not had any smell issues.
Before responding to your question I checked with two of my friends that have also purchased Sleep Republic mattresses after my recommendation, and neither recall any issues with smell beyond the very initial opening of the mattress bag & setup.

Sleep Republic
Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Hi Marlene,
All Sleep Republic mattresses are aired in a sealed off dry room for 14 days before getting compress packed in the box. This process reduces the new smell that some materials like foam may have and allows for the water-based bonding agents that holds the comfort layers in place to dry properly.
We have not had any complaints from customers about strong toxic smells coming from the mattress.
If you have any further questions please feel free to email us at info@sleeprepublic.com.au.

ana claudia m.

ana claudia m.asked

Queen

Do you delivery to Perth, WA?

Get an answer from our members and Sleep Republic representatives