Sleep Republic Questions & Answers

Queen, King, Double, etc...
Listing monitored by Sleep Republic

57 questions from our users

Bambu F.
Bambu F.asked
Sleep Republic

Would your mattress leave a dent in the mattress after 6 months? 1 year? 2 years? I feel like with all those “memory foams” few months later leaves a nice crater in my mattress… if that’s the case, would u offer replacement under warranty? I’m 95kgs

mblanesasked
Sleep Republic

Just read a review from Jackie who posted it on 8th June 2021. She paid $850 for the Queen SR Mattress in May 2021. What offer or coupon enables that price ? A person named Rose at Sleep Republic assured me the best possible price is $1099 ... yet $850 is a nice difference of $249 below that. I felt I was being misled as I had already seen reviews with lower prices.

Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Hi There, Rose in customer service is correct with the best price she has quoted you for a Queen. This customer you are referring to purchased multiple mattresses in her order, and while her review is under the Queen size, she also purchased a Double mattress- which cost around the $850 mark- which is why we believe she has put that purchase amount.

Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Hi again, if you go back to Jackie's review, you'll see she updated it with the correct price she paid. Apologies for any confusion.

Any movie with Jackie Chan is funny for sure

Paul R.
Paul R.asked
Double

Thinking about a double for my new caravan, but need to understand the weight, can you please advise. Plus where are these manufactured & are there any current supply chain problems. Thanks Paul

Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Hi Paul, Thanks for your questions. The weight of the double mattress is 43kg. If you head to the mattresss page here: https://sleeprepublic.com.au/mattress/ and scroll to the bottom, you will find all info regarding the mattress dimensions and weights. Our mattresses are made with our trusted manufacturers in China, whom we have worked with for over 20 years. There are no current supply chain problems. Hope that helps. Cheers.

tada25
tada25asked
Sleep Republic

what does the king size mattress weigh?

Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Hi There, the King mattress weighs 55kg.

Janeasked
Queen

Firmness of mattress - Anyone who is a side sleeper (occasionally back sleeper) who had shoulder/ lower back or hip pain find the mattress too firm? I'm 5ft3", 58kgs with a large backside so unsure if this mattress may be too firm for me.

Brigid Pedler

I’ve had back surgery and find it just right

Jane

Thanks Brigid, really helps with my decision.

Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Hi Jane, You can actually filter the Product reviews by the customer’s sleeping position. I’ve filtered them to side sleepers here for you. :) https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/sleep-republic?e1dec182-d288-4710-a0d1-61bf3bb79c70%5B0%5D=f985622e-91e6-417d-8cf5-93706b7985e4

Emily
Emily asked
Double

Hi there, I can’t find it on your website but how firm are your mattresses? Other companies I can see soft to extra firm options. Thanks.

Medium

Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Hi Emily, The mattress is Medium-Firm.

LMY
LMYasked

Hi there,

How long do you recommend letting the mattress decompress before first use?
Also, would it be fine to leave the mattress standing on its side for a good 3-4 days after decompression?
Trying to work out when to unbox it as it is extremely heavy and will need to arrange help.

Thanks!

bergoman
bergoman

I left mine for a few hours and it was fully decompressed

Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Hi There, you can sleep on the mattress right after you open it, no need to wait. You're welcome to leave the mattress on its side for a few days after you open it, it won't damage the mattress in any way.

Ernaasked
Sleep Republic

Hi,i am planning to purchase just the mattress, without the bed frame .is the mattress is compatible with any bed frame or do I need to purchase the bed frame as well ? Thank you

AngryLGOwner
AngryLGOwner

I just use at normal slatted base. They answer this question on their FAQ page:

“Our mattress works well on any stable and level base substantial enough to support it. It will live happily on a slat or slat ensemble base or even the floor if that’s what you want. All bases, double and larger, should have good central support. We do not recommend the use of Posture or spring slat bases which change the feel and support provided by the mattress.”

Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Hi Erna, Confirming as above that yes you can use our mattress with other bases. Please refer to our FAQs page for more details. https://sleeprepublic.com.au/faqs/ Cheers. :)

John D.
John D.asked
Sleep Republic

Is it ok to leave Sleep Republic mattress standing on its side for around 24hrs or will it be damaged?

Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Hi John, No problems with leaving the mattress on its side for 24hrs. The foam & Fabric materials may flex a bit but will flatten out once its put down correctly.

Mariano P.
Mariano P.asked
Sleep Republic

Hi there, wondering what gauge are the springs in the SR mattress. Notice have 3 times more springs than others but the weight is very similar....

Selina
Selinaasked

Where can I go to buy ?

Marlene
Marleneasked

Hi
My question is in relation to smell. I purchase a boxed mattress very similar to your product. The same experience as I am hearing from your reviews.... next day delivery, great customer service, comfort etc. BUT the smell has been traumatic. I have had to put the foam parts out on the deck for the last 5 days and still the smell is overwhelming. I am waking up with the taste of the smell in my mouth as well as a sore throat. I believe that this is an individual experience as I must be so sensitive to the smell and the materials used WHICH is why it is important for me to know if your mattresses have a smell ( a toxic smell even though the material are tested etc and classed as non toxic at all)
Please give me A true response as do not want to waste my time or your time.
Look forward to your reply
Regards
Marl

Hi Marl,
I have purchased two Sleep Republic mattresses, and they have only had a “brand new” smell for the first few hours. I recall the instructions being to leave the mattress untouched for a day once opened, which I did, and I’ve not had any smell issues.
Before responding to your question I checked with two of my friends that have also purchased Sleep Republic mattresses after my recommendation, and neither recall any issues with smell beyond the very initial opening of the mattress bag & setup.

Hi Marlene,
All Sleep Republic mattresses are aired in a sealed off dry room for 14 days before getting compress packed in the box. This process reduces the new smell that some materials like foam may have and allows for the water-based bonding agents that holds the comfort layers in place to dry properly.
We have not had any complaints from customers about strong toxic smells coming from the mattress.
If you have any further questions please feel free to email us at info@sleeprepublic.com.au.

ana claudia m.
ana claudia m.asked
Queen

Do you delivery to Perth, WA?

ana claudia m.
ana claudia m.asked
Sleep Republic

We are looking for a firm queen size mattress, our actual one was supposed to be firm but not any longer after two years. Our concern is about the top mattress as after reading the reviews from SR looks like that we will could have the same issue. Do you have the mattress that we are looking for? Thanks, Ana.

n-c-b
n-c-b

Hi Ana, This mattress is definitely more of a medium feel, not a firm feel (I recently was looking for a mattress for our camper trailer and tried a few at Fantastic Furniture that were listed as "Firm" feel and they were definitely firmer than ours.) I don't feel that the Sleep Republic mattress will be firm enough for you based on your question (Sorry)

Hi Ana,
Feel is a tricky subject to discuss as is it highly subjective. What one person may describe as firm, someone else may well describe as medium. Having said that when placing the Sleep Republic mattress on the traditional Soft-Medium-Firm scale, we'd place it closest to being a medium feel mattress. Hope this helps!
Regards,

Ena
Enaasked
Sleep Republic

What is the maximum weight that your SR King size mattress will support? (Singularly on each side)
Is it wise to rotate if both partners weights are extremely different?

Hi Ena,
Our King, Queen and Double mattresses are tested to a combined occupant weight of 250Kg, 150Kg per side.
We recommend with all mattresses rotating them regularly and if there is a large weight differential this could be done every few weeks to even out wear.
What may be evident with any mattress having foam in the pillow top, or a foam core, is that with more weight there will be more body impression visible. This is a natural outcome of the physics and the fact that some areas of the mattress get very little use compared to others.

Willow
Willowasked
Sleep Republic

are sleep republic springs china or european? thanks

suzley
suzley

I couldn't say positively, but they do state that their mattresses are made in China to their specifications.

Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Hi Willow, our mattresses and springs are manufactured in China to our design and specification.
St Team

Darren
Darrenasked
Sleep Republic

Hi, what is thickness of each layers in your mattress?

Hi Darren,
The pillow top layer is 7cm with 3cm of gel infused memory foam and 3cm of latex plus 1cm of fabric and quilting. The pocket springs are 22cm. Total mattress height is 31cm with base covering and backing included.

TrixxieTriss
TrixxieTrissasked
Sleep Republic

Can anyone who has had the mattress for a long time tell me if it has sagged at all and is still as good as the day it arrived?

Chopper
Chopperasked

Hi,
What is the packaged weight of a King size and the box dimensions?
How frequently is turning the mattress recommended?

Hi,
The King box is 35x35x188cm and weighs approx 60Kg.
Rotating the mattress (head to foot) is a good idea every 2-3 months to even out wear and prolong mattress life.

Clive
Cliveasked
Sleep Republic

Hello,is this mattress the same as Aldi was selling,CAS?

Hi Clive,
The Sleep Republic mattress is designed, manufactured and sold solely by us. We are not familiar with that product but it is not the same mattress.

Get an answer from our members and Sleep Republic representatives