Sleep Republic Mattress Questions & Answers

Queen, King, Double, etc... (See All)
Listing monitored by Sleep Republic

66 questions from our users

Karen
Karenasked
Sleep Republic Mattress

Almost every mattress we have owned has ended up with a major ridge down the centre….and we are both under 60kg! Will this happen with a Sleep Republic mattress….even after many years? And do the base legs have to be black? Is there a light timber option?
Thanks, Karen

Anna V.
Anna V.

Yes, after 6-7 months there will be major dips where your bodies are and a ridge in the middle. Memory foam does not recover during the day, and you go to sleep in hole again and again.

Ray
Rayasked
Long Single Mattress

Being pensioners age over 70 we are limited in our ability to lift and move weighty items. Do you provide a service to install and set up the mattress and take away the old mattress ?

Shazzie
Shazzieasked
Super King Mattress

Does anyone else's mattress has strong foam, plasticky type of smell? We got ours on 14 April and the smell is still extremely strong. I have all the windows and doors opened for ventilation but doesnt seem to reduce the smell.
Thinking of returning it. it is ashamed because I quite like the mattress itself.

Rae
Rae

I was actually surprised that ours didn’t have a lingering plastic smell. I unpacked it around 5pm and we were sleeping on it that night and I couldn’t smell anything. Maybe they can exchange it and the next one won’t be so bad???

Abbe R.

Long Single review

Wayne C
Wayne Casked
Queen Mattress

Before I purchase a Sleep Republic Queen Mattress, My son Ben who purchased one recommended it to me & my wife, considering our bad backs, Reading the reviews I noticed a difference in price from $1,000 to $1,249 Is there any difference in product, or just sale price at the time.
Kind Regards
Wayne

savvy s.asked
Sleep Republic Mattress

Hi, can you please tell me the density of the latex? D65, D75 etc as that will determine the firmness (mostly) , since 3cm of foam will compress through to the latex. Thank you.

Thank you. :)

Rachel Gay
Rachel Gayasked
Sleep Republic Mattress

Hi, I'm concerned about being cold in winter, and about the non washable top in case of spills etc.
I'm getting conflicting answers from googling, so , hope I can get the right info here
- can I use an electric blanket and a mattress protector with a SR bed, and if so what's the best order to put them on?
Thanks, Rachel

stef2745674asked

Where's my refund?

Sleep RepublicSleep RepublicSend a private message

Hi Stef2745674, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. Danielle from our Customer Care Team has advised that this has now been resolved. If you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact us at Sleep Republic.

stef2745674asked
Single Mattress

Wheres my refund..I got my lawyer looking into it atm

Bambu F.
Bambu F.asked
Sleep Republic Mattress

Would your mattress leave a dent in the mattress after 6 months? 1 year? 2 years? I feel like with all those “memory foams” few months later leaves a nice crater in my mattress… if that’s the case, would u offer replacement under warranty? I’m 95kgs

stef2745674

Don't buy they over heat your body and to get a refund they go all soooo silent

mblanesasked
Sleep Republic Mattress

Just read a review from Jackie who posted it on 8th June 2021. She paid $850 for the Queen SR Mattress in May 2021. What offer or coupon enables that price ? A person named Rose at Sleep Republic assured me the best possible price is $1099 ... yet $850 is a nice difference of $249 below that. I felt I was being misled as I had already seen reviews with lower prices.

Sleep RepublicSleep RepublicSend a private message

Hi again, if you go back to Jackie's review, you'll see she updated it with the correct price she paid. Apologies for any confusion.

Any movie with Jackie Chan is funny for sure

Paul R.
Paul R.asked
Double Mattress

Thinking about a double for my new caravan, but need to understand the weight, can you please advise. Plus where are these manufactured & are there any current supply chain problems. Thanks Paul

tada25
tada25asked
Sleep Republic Mattress

what does the king size mattress weigh?

Sleep RepublicSleep RepublicSend a private message

Hi There, the King mattress weighs 55kg.

Janeasked
Queen Mattress

Firmness of mattress - Anyone who is a side sleeper (occasionally back sleeper) who had shoulder/ lower back or hip pain find the mattress too firm? I'm 5ft3", 58kgs with a large backside so unsure if this mattress may be too firm for me.

Brigid Pedler

I’ve had back surgery and find it just right

Jane

Thanks Brigid, really helps with my decision.

Emily
Emily asked
Double Mattress

Hi there, I can’t find it on your website but how firm are your mattresses? Other companies I can see soft to extra firm options. Thanks.

Medium

Sleep RepublicSleep RepublicSend a private message

Hi Emily, The mattress is Medium-Firm.

LMY
LMYasked

Hi there,

How long do you recommend letting the mattress decompress before first use?
Also, would it be fine to leave the mattress standing on its side for a good 3-4 days after decompression?
Trying to work out when to unbox it as it is extremely heavy and will need to arrange help.

Thanks!

bergoman
bergoman

I left mine for a few hours and it was fully decompressed

Sleep RepublicSleep RepublicSend a private message

Hi There, you can sleep on the mattress right after you open it, no need to wait. You're welcome to leave the mattress on its side for a few days after you open it, it won't damage the mattress in any way.

Ernaasked
Sleep Republic Mattress

Hi,i am planning to purchase just the mattress, without the bed frame .is the mattress is compatible with any bed frame or do I need to purchase the bed frame as well ? Thank you

AngryLGOwner
AngryLGOwner

Sleep RepublicSleep RepublicSend a private message

Hi Erna, Confirming as above that yes you can use our mattress with other bases. Please refer to our FAQs page for more details. https://sleeprepublic.com.au/faqs/ Cheers. :)

John D.
John D.asked
Sleep Republic Mattress

Is it ok to leave Sleep Republic mattress standing on its side for around 24hrs or will it be damaged?

Sleep RepublicSleep RepublicSend a private message

Hi John, No problems with leaving the mattress on its side for 24hrs. The foam & Fabric materials may flex a bit but will flatten out once its put down correctly.

Mariano P.
Mariano P.asked
Sleep Republic Mattress

Hi there, wondering what gauge are the springs in the SR mattress. Notice have 3 times more springs than others but the weight is very similar....

savvy s.

I would also like to know please?

Selina