Sleep Republic

Sleep Republic Questions & Answers (page 2 of 3)

Queen, King, Double, etc...
Listing monitored by Sleep Republic

57 questions from our users

monica
monicaasked
Sleep Republic

Where can I see and try this mattress, any shop in Sydney or Brisbane? thank you, Monica

Hi Monica,
We don't have showrooms, we have found that it is simply not possible to tell what a mattress is like to sleep on in just a few minutes on a showroom floor.
Instead we offer our 100 night risk free trial. At any point during your first 100 nights on the mattress, if you aren't satisfied you can contact us to request a return. We will arrange for the Salvos to collect your mattress and fully refund your money, no hidden fees or costs! This way you get more than 5 minutes to decide whether a Sleep Republic mattress is right for you

W3batch
W3batchasked
Sleep Republic

Can conventional King size sheets fit the Sleep Republic mattress?

Hi there,
Most reputable brands' fitted sheet accomodate a mattress depth of up to 40cm, their flat sheet having measurements of approximately 285cm x 260cm. These standard sizings will fit a Sleep Republic Mattress. Our fitted bamboo sheet sets are the perfect partners to a Sleep Republic Mattress!

Sam Chamma
Sam Chammaasked
Sleep Republic

What base can be used for the queen mattress?

Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Hi Sam, we recommend straight slat bases for our mattress and for pocket springs generally. You may find our Blog article on our site 'What Base to use with your pocket spring mattress informative.

Sue
Sueasked
Sleep Republic

I am thinking of purchasing this mattress for my 84 year old mum. She has currently a king single adjustable bed. Will this mattress be OK on it. Also she claims that no mattress feels soft enough for her but after reading reviews this may just suit. The 100 day trial sounds perfect.

Andy. S
Andy. S

Hi, we have found our mattress to be extremely soft and comfortable, but ours in on a wooden slat base. It's hard to say whether it would still feel the same on top of another mattress. It's definitely worth trying though, because of the trial period, and the ease of having it delivered to your door. You can always try putting a feather or other padded mattress cover to make it even softer. Good luck!

Hi Sue,
With the pillow top layer designed for maximum comfort we are sure your mum would find the mattress feel suitable, allowing appropriate give above the core support pocket springs.
Because of our high spring count compared to a standard mattress, while it can be used on an adjustable base we recommend that it is used with low angles of elevation - raising the head/feet by no more than 20cm. As manufacturers what we have found with more extreme elevation (e.g. raising the back to angles of 45 degrees) is that over time the pocket springs at the 'bend point' can be damaged.
The 100 night return policy is perfect for anyone to make sure the mattress suits them, no questions - no quibbles, all your money back.

Spitfire
Spitfireasked

HI,
Currently down to a sleep republic or a 624 mattress in my bed hunt. I was hoping you could let me know if the below bed frame would be suitable? Also is there any kind of return shipping fee for regional QLD?

Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Hi There, The base looks as if it would be fine to use with the Sleep Republic mattress. We would only suggest that you check with the retailer regarding the maximum weight recommendation, as the Sleep Republic mattress weighs approximately 50kg, which is considerably heavier than a foam mattress- a small price to pay for quality! :) Regarding returns, we don’t charge any pickup or transport costs on returns. Hope that helps! -SR Team

Shelly B
Shelly Basked
Sleep Republic

I am strongly considering buying a SR mattress over the other brands. One question about your memory foam - is it infused with cooling gel? If not, will you be introducing it to your memory foam? This would make this a fantastic mattress and alleviate most over heating problems :-)

Hi Shelly,
Our memory foam is gel infused. The addition of gel helps with heat dispersal and in conjunction with the pocket spring core and the ventilation channels in the latex, is designed to give a healthier sleep environment.

Amanda Tompson
Amanda Tompsonasked
Sleep Republic

Do you have a Boxing Day sale like the other bed in a box companies and do you have afterpay or similar so I could pay it off over a few months? Thank you

Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Hi Amanda we are not currently running any sitewide Boxing Day offer.
We do offer Afterpay and Zip finance options at checkout.

Meganasked

Hi,
I can see that you recommend straight slats (as do most other mattress brands I’ve looked at) but I can’t see where to buy them anywhere. I have an Ikea bed, they don’t seem to do straight slats for their beds and I haven’t found anywhere that sells them separately. I know it’s not something you sell but I’m hoping based on your other helpful comments that you can provide some advice? Thanks, Megan

Tanya
Tanya

Yes your right ikea and some of the other furniture shops sell the posture slats only.. I found a great bed at wow furniture that has flat slats and they also have some at pine discount furniture and most wood beds have flat slats

Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Hi Megan. Can you tell me where you're located and we'll do some research for you. We will have our own bases for sale early in the New Year but you may not be able to wait till then.

Megan

Thank you both. I really like the design of my Ikea bed so am keen to keep that frame and just change the slats. It’s finding them to buy as standalone that I’ve found difficult - which strikes me as odd as presumably the queen size is standard across frames. I’m located in Sydney metro (Wollstonecraft). Thanks!

Katrina T
Katrina Tasked

Hi
Can I buy this bed in New Zealand. If yes, where?

Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Hi Katrina, sorry we don't yet deliver to NZ!

Tara M
Tara Masked
Sleep Republic

Can the mattresses be used on electric adjustable bases?

Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Hi Tara, we have not tested the mattress long term on adjustable beds. Because of the longer and more numerous pocket springs in our mattress we would not recommend use with adjustable bases until we have completed that and were sure there was no impact on mattress life and functionality.

Andrew Fuller
Andrew Fullerasked
Sleep Republic

I live in Creswick, ( near Ballarat) . Do you deliver to this area, and do you remove my old mattress for recyclying?
Cheers, Andrew

Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Hi Andrew, yes we can deliver to Creswick. We don't remove old mattresses but if you email us we're happy to get back to you with contractors in your area that do.

avid_researcher
avid_researcherasked
Sleep Republic

Layer 4 has 4cm of 'quilting foam' according to this summary (https://www.productreview.com.au/g/mattresses). what exactly is that? and how durable will it be? My experience with matteresses in the past has been pillow tops flattening out very quickly. will this happen?

Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Hi, the quilting foam, like all of our foams, is high quality and higher density (NB density in foam is not to be confused with softness, high density can be soft or hard). Higher density foams are more durable, recover better from pressure and do not collapse to show excessive body impression like cheaper low density foams.
You may find the article 'Making a good impression' about sag and body impression on our blog page informative.
SR team.

Rachel J Creasey
Rachel J Creaseyasked
Sleep Republic

Do you deliver to NZ? Are are your returns free too?

Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Sorry Rachel we don't deliver to NZ - yet!

Scott Verneyasked
Sleep Republic

Hello I had to return a similar mattress from another company because of illness due to chemicals. It was still CertiPUR US although had thick memory foam and not gel/latex. Has anyone found initial off gassing from this mattress?

lainey007
lainey007

Hi, I also get affected by chemical smells and this would have been a major factor for me also. To be honest there did not appear to be a strong smell at all. I kept the mattress for a few weeks to give it a fair go and can honestly say no chemical smell. There was a slight odor if i recall but nothing that affected me in any way. I only returned the mattress as it was a little firm for me as I am light. The customer service was great. You will have no issues if you find this one a problem in any way. Hope this helps you. Regards Elaine

Scott Verney

Hi yes the other company is very innovative because they have three firmness toppers you can swap.

Buy Well
Buy Wellasked
Sleep Republic

I am in the middle of researching these "mattresses in a box" for my next mattress. I am closing in on my faves, being Sleep Republic and Sleeping Duck, which seem quite similar. I would love to hear SR's evaluation/comparison with your competitor?
Also I am quite enamoured to SR due to the Certipur-US certification. Can you tell me is this for all materials in the bed or do some layers have the nasty fire retardant chemicals and VOC's as I'm wondering what the chemical smells customers are talking about are coming from?
I look forward to your reply as I'm eager to ditch my old (and very expensive) mattress soon :)
Cheers
Steven

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your questions. We think you have made a good selection with pocket springs as they deliver differentiated body support zones, more durability and better side support than foam cores.
The CertipurUS certification applies to our memory foam and we do not use any materials with fire retardants. Natural latex because of its composition contains significantly fewer VOCs which are further purged during its manufacture process.
A quite amazing proportion of household items from carpets to furniture and plywoods to household cleaners and vinyls contain VOCs. These all go through a process of ‘off gassing’ which gives an odour, not necessarily harmful. Some people are more sensitive to this than others. We not only use certified foams with lower VOCs but also take steps in the manufacturing process to allow all materials to breathe before packing, reducing odour.
At the core of our mattress is the High Definition pocket spring system. With more springs (1850 in a Queen vs around 900) the sleeper gets a better level of support, less partner disturbance and a more durable mattress better able to recover from compression and load.
Some manufacturers offer a removable top and interchangeable feel. We do not believe the feel of a mattress is fundamentally altered by addition of superficial foam layers, but rather by the core support engineering.
We hope this helps your deliberations, don't forget you've nothing to lose with a 100 night comfort guarantee - returning your money if you don't love the mattress!
Cheers, SR

Scott Verney

Some companies like Tempur with all foam mattresses report 15 out of 100 would return for chemical illness, studied by Sleep Like the Dead. I would assume for every 100 mattresses, maybe 10 people would return for chemical illness.

Elisaberh
Elisaberhasked
Sleep Republic

Hi. I need a couple of king single mattresses to fit a bunk bed. I'm wondering if they are ok for kids or would they be too firm? Also, would they be too heavy to put on the top bunk?
Thanks. Elisabeth.

Julie
Julie

Hi Elisabeth
In my opinion the sleep republic mattress would not be too firm for anyone. It has a wonderfully plush top.
I suggest you phone Sleep Republic for their advice re the bunk beds it's important to have the correct base for the mattress.
Regards
J

Hi Elisabeth,
The mattress would perfectly suitable for kids. With bunk beds you will need to check that in addition to Australian Standards your model is rated to carry the weight of a pocket spring mattress.
The King Single is approximately 40Kg so the bunk bed should be rated for this plus the occupant's weight. We would not recommend putting a King Single mattress in the top bunk unless above is met and the slat base is metal and firmly affixed to the frame.

dimsim
dimsimasked
Sleep Republic

i have, sore back most of time due to my job, usually lower and middle back. i was told to buy at shop sealy back comfort health support deluxe double size.
was wondering if i got given right info. just curious.
and where abouts is your company based im melbourne victoria. just curious and is delivery free to oakleigh 3166 victoria.
and if purchase one do u take my old bed away with essemble.

Hi,
Back pain is a complicated issue and most Australians will have it at some stage. You may find our article on 'Back pain? What a pain!' on our Blog page online helpful in selecting the correct mattress.
We deliver free to Oaklieigh Vic and anywhere else in Australia that our courier company can get to! We don't take you old mattress away but can recommend people who can do this after you you have purchased.

Judy
Judyasked
Sleep Republic

Do all of your mattresses have handles to assist in turning the mattress?

mildred

No, I don't see any handles.

Hi Mildred,
Our mattresses like many that are manufactured now do not have handles.
The reason we do not put handles is that over many years we have found that the side fabric is often ripped by the force applied to the handles.
Rotating the mattress (being a single sided pillow top the mattress is not turned or 'flipped') is best done by lifting the mattress edge slightly and pushing the mattress body.

Jilly
Jillyasked

Hi
I am reallly interested in purchasing a king size mattress after reading your reviews
We love in Cairns
North Qld
Is this delivery still free and what sort of time scale are we looking at
Regards
Jill

Hi Jilly,
We deliver to Cairns and yes it is still free. Normally we would expect delivery there in 7-8 business days.
Best regards, SR

Nat
Natasked
Sleep Republic

Hi, tried to email through the website but haven't yet had a response. I noticed there is a question from another customer regarding slatted bed bases and its mentioned that the space between the slats is most important - my bed has slats spaced 7cm apart - is this distance compatible with the mattress? Thank you

Hi Nat,
A 7cm gap in a slat base is fine and allows good support as well as good airflow.

chuck48
chuck48

My bed also slatted with big gap ~7 cm. No problems whatsoever.

mildred

I agree. My bed slats are 4cm apart and no issue. I don't believe 7cm would be an issue as mattress is very thick/broad.

Get an answer from our members and Sleep Republic representatives