Sleep Republic Mattress

Sleep Republic Mattress Questions & Answers (page 3 of 3)

Queen, King, Double, etc...
Listing monitored by Sleep Republic

57 questions from our users

Craig
Craigasked
Sleep Republic Mattress

I live in Ballina and would really like to lie on one your mattresses before I buy one. Where can I do that?

Hi Craig,
We don't have showrooms because we feel that something you are going to spend a third of your life with warrants more than a few moments in a showroom. Instead we give you 100 nights to see if you like it, and if not we'll take it back, no qualms, no quibbles no cost to you.
Best regards SR

Joe
Joeasked
Sleep Republic Mattress

I intend to purchase your queen mattress with all the great reviews I have read.

Would it suit the following bed we intend to purchase from Kings Living furniture. Below is the link to the bed where you can view the images as it has slats.

I look forward to your feedback

Regards

Joe

Hi Joe,
The specifications of the bed base (size and weight) indicate it should support our mattress, although there is no precise information on the slat size or size of gap between the slats which is the most important factor. It does have what we term 'posture slats', which are the curved more spring-like slats, that do slightly change the feel of pocket spring cores and can create a central 'valley' in the mattress. The alternative which some prefer are straight timber slats.
SR.

baktrak
baktrakasked
Sleep Republic Mattress

what is the thickness of Q- size mattress ? does it have handles for rotation ?

Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Hi the Queen (and other mattresses) are 31cm thick.
The mattresses do not have handles as, like many manufacturers, we have found they often rip the side fabric. Two people can rotate the mattress (top to bottom) relatively easily.
SR team.

rissap
rissapasked
Sleep Republic Mattress

Hi there, I am interested in a queen med bed, however the frame I have has curved slates, would this suit this type of bed and also would the warranty be valid? Also I would like to know how the product performs during the hotter months in summer? Does it breath? I have heard mixed comments about this from friends.

wizzbix
wizzbix

putting the mattress on slats is no problem i have it on slat bed and was told from sleep republic its fine, as for preforming in hotter months i cant answer that question as i have only had it for 2 months, pretty much all quality mattress's have latex and memory foam i hope this helped, but get it and try it for your self if its no good send it back for a full refund.

Reed213
Reed213

I would ask the question of Sleep Republic. They are excellent in answering any queries you may have. As for Sumer conditions, I can't see a problem, based on our experience so far, albeit, in cooler weather. As Wizzbix said, try it, and if you're not happy after 100 days free trial, return it for a full refund

Hi,
The base you are talking about seems to be a posture slat base with the curved slats. We don't recommend these slats as sometimes there is a gap running down the centre which can damage the base of the mattress. Also the spring in the curved slats does interfere to some extent with the performance of the pocket spring core. If the mattress was damaged by the posture slats then warranty would not apply.

Regarding the heat, we designed the mattress top with a layer of Gel infused memory foam (CertiPUR-US certified). As well as being a fantastic NASA designed, comfortable responsive foam, the gel makes it very temperature stable and helps reduce heat build up.

Under this we have a layer of natural latex, which in addition to its excellent support and bounce back, has hundreds of small ventilation holes that allow good airflow to the comfort layer, preventing heat build up and humidity.

Under these layers is a core of pocket springs that are excellent at promoting mattress ventilation in a way a solid foam slab for instance cannot.

Hope this helps!

Walkhome
Walkhomeasked
Sleep Republic Mattress

Hi, I like all the reviews and I'm thinking of buying a king size but my partner is not happy about buying before at least seeing and feeling one. Also we were wondering where they are made?
cheers
Graham

Hi Graham,
We don't have showrooms. We think that for something you're going to spend a third of your life on, trying a mattress in a showroom for a few minutes isn't enough. Instead we give you 100 days to try the mattress and make sure you love it. if you don't, tell us and we'll arrange to have it collected and refund your money.
Our mattresses are made by our manufacturing partner in China to our design. We have been selling mattresses made with this partner for over six years now without blemish.

Danasked
Sleep Republic Mattress

I need a medium firm mattress. Do you have options for firm, medium firm or soft?

Hi Dan,
We make the one feel in our mattress which we describe as medium firm. We designed the pillow top to have the perfect give without being too soft or too hard, and the High Definition pocket spring core underneath gives an excellent level of body support with 1850 (Queen) individual responsive springs arranged in 5 body zones.
You can try the mattress feel yourself with complete confidence, knowing that under our 100 night comfort guarantee if you don't like it we'll take it back no qualms, no quibbles and no cost to you.

Dan

Thank you Sleep Republic Team. I made a purchase. Now waiting for it to be delivered.

UWR
UWRasked
Sleep Republic Mattress

Do you deliver Adriatic King size Ensembles to Cowell, SA, 5602?

Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Hi UWR, I think you have addressed your enquiry to the wrong company. I think it should be addresed to Adriatic Slumber Bedding rather than Sleep Republic.
SR Team.

Anneasked
Sleep Republic Mattress

Hi, what sort of base do you need for your matresses please and do you deliver to Murwillumbah NSW 2484
Regards

Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Hi our mattress will sit on any stable, level and firm base such as slats or an ensemble base. Posture slats however are not recommended.
Yes we deliver to Murwillumbah and it is included in the price, normally delivery there would take about 4 working days.
Hope this helps!

Anne

Thanks for the promp reply

JET666
JET666asked
Sleep Republic Mattress

What is the RRP for the Queen size Koala in Frankston, Victoria? And where can I buy it?

Hi Jet666,
You have sent your query to Sleep Republic by mistake, we don't sell that mattress but you can buy a Queen size Sleep Republic High Definition pocket spring mattress delivered included to Frankston for $999.
Best regards, SR

Zoltan
Zoltanasked
Sleep Republic Mattress

Hi I am looking a queen side mattress, but we don't know which one is suit for us. We had low back pain. Can you recommend for us. Thanks KATHERINE

Hi Katherine,
Yes apparently 80% Australians have, or will have, lower back pain. It is not always a straightforward solution but you may find the brief article on our Bedtime Stories page informative and it may help.

sue
sueasked
Sleep Republic Mattress

Hi, i'm looking at purchasing a mattress & yours sound quite amazing. Do you deliver to Boambee East, NSW 2452 (Near Coffs Harbour)?
My husband has scoliosis & I have shoulder & neck pain & sometimes lower back pain. I like a bit softer bed but we need the support for our back issues. I'm a bit concerned that the medium to firm may be uncomfortable. Is the pillow top layer soft, do you sink into it a bit?

Hi Sue,
Yes we do deliver to Boambee East 2452 and delivery is included in the price.
It is difficult to comment on the varied requirements that different back pain diagnoses require and sadly no mattress can be suitable for all back conditions. Many back pain issues however, are caused or at least made worse by improper sleep posture or support and some research shows that firmer mattresses will help.
We designed our mattress pillow top to have medium - firm feel, delivering a responsive feel to body weight, through the gel infused memory foam and latex, without being too soft or too hard. Our High Definition pocket springs under this pillow top deliver excellent support with 1850 springs (Queen) arranged in 5 zones to accommodate different body weight and shape along the torso.
Hope this is helpful,

KIB
KIBasked
Sleep Republic Mattress

you offer free delivery. does that cover all areas of Tasmania?

Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Hi KIB, we deliver to most parts of Tasmania however just let us know by email where specifically and we'll gladly check that our agents deliver there.
Best regards,

Jewels
Jewelsasked
Sleep Republic Mattress

Will this mattress sag in the middle and what is the life expectancy? Have they added any synthetic materials in with their natural latex?

Hi Jewels,
No our mattress will not sag and we expect all our mattresses to last the full life of our warranty at least 12 years.
You may find our article on sag and body impression on the Bedtime Stories page of our website interesting and informative.

Anneasked
Sleep Republic Mattress

Hi. There is so much difference between brands regarding medium to firm softness. I have been told I need a medium mattress but I get back pains so also I need good support. When you say medium/firm which is it closer to please?

Hi Anne,
Yes I agree it can be confusing when mattress firmness is described in a word or two. We believe its important to highlight that there are two dimensions for a mattress feel; the comfort layer (pillow top) and the core support layer.
Our comfort layer of gel infused memory foam and latex is designed to give perfect pressure relief, not too soft or too hard. The mattress core delivers exceptional support with the high definition spring system and its 5 different body zones.
I hope this helps but please feel fee to contact us by phone 1800 753 371 or email info@sleeprepublic.com.au if you would like to know more.
Sean

Gail
Gailasked
Sleep Republic Mattress

Hello looking for a K/S mattress - retiring my 9 year old latex as its too heavy to move around. I am 66 years of age and have arthritis in various joints so need firm support but also comfort/plush finish. I have tried the Snooze Madison Grand and found it pretty good. Please compare to Sleep Republic's bed. Also what is the delivered price please and how much to take my old mattress away. Gail (PS I am tall and fairly heavy).

Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Hi Gail, the Sleep Republic mattress can be described as a medium/firm feel. Our exclusive HD Pocket Spring system will provide you with an excellent level of support while our comfort layer pillow top will give you great pressure relief, through our gel infused memory foam.
Our mattress is quite heavy due to the HD Pocket Springs, as there are more of them that help you to sleep they add up and make the mattress a little more weighty than other mattresses
All of our deliveries are absolutely free! The prices we list on our website are inclusive of delivery and have no nasty hidden costs. Unfortunately we do not provide a pickup service for old mattresses, however we would be more than happy to look into it for you and refer you to a local business that can help you out.
If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to get in touch with us, you can email info@sleeprepublic.com.au with any concerns you may have :)

Sibo
Siboasked
Sleep Republic Mattress

Are the Koala mattresses hot to sleep in I am looking for a mattress that is not hot if possible?
Nola

Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Hi Sibo, I can't comment on competitor's product. I do know that we designed the Sleep Republic mattress so that the top comfort layer of Gel infused memory foam to be temperature stable. This sits on natural latex which has hundreds of small ventilation holes that help prevent excessive heat build up.
Under these layers is a pocket spring core. We chose pocket springs because of the ventilation they allow and the specific differentiated zone support that they provide for our varied body contour, benefits that we believe a thick foam slab cannot provide.
I hope this helps.

Rhona Kiley
Rhona Kileyasked
Sleep Republic Mattress

does the queen mattress come with a base for $999.00?

Sleep RepublicSleep Republic

Sorry we missed your question before Rhona, we sell only the mattresses online. As soon as we find a suitable base that is reliable, can be flat packed for delivery and easily assembled we will look at selling it online.
Best regards