Sleeping Duck Mattress Firm

Sleeping Duck Mattress Firm (page 2 of 29)

Queen, King, Double, etc...

Mattresses Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of mattress would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

• Sleeping Position
    • Side (141)
    • Back (46)
    • Front (20)
  • Adjustment Period
    • Days (153)
    • Weeks (25)
    • I never got used to it! (6)
    • Months (4)
  • Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues Yes (58%) · No (42%)
  • Caused Discomfort Yes (9%) · No (91%)
  • Heat Retention Yes (22%) · No (78%)
  • Sagging Yes (6%) · No (94%)
  • Perceived Firmness
    • Medium (109)
    • Hard (54)
    • Soft (10)
    • Very Soft (6)
    • Very Hard (2)

RuthR

RuthRGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Truly amazing and reasonably priced

I have a chronic back problem and realized that my poor sleeping habits were due to a lack of support. After the reviews on Choice my mind was made up so I ordered a medium firmness. My initial opinion was that it was so comfy but obviously was not giving me the back support I needed. I contacted Sleeping duck and within days a firm foam to replace the medium (at no charge) was delivered. I have to say I was apprehensive that night but to my pleasant surprise I had a wonderful sleep and the bed was firm but it was indeed what I required. The customer service is A grade and I would recommend this mattress to anyone. Thank you Sleeping Duck from an extremely happy customer!

Purchased in December 2019 for $1,400.00.

JohnK

JohnKGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't know why we waited so long to change our matress

Purchased in October 2019 for $1,300.00.

Perceived Firmness Very Hard

Great bed!

very comfortable
no sagging
good height
lack of movement when one of us moves - good
also love the pillow cases and sheet
excellent service
easy to assemble - even for us oldies
have already submitted at least 30 words!

Love it!

It really did take a few weeks to get used to the firmer mattress but after around 4 weeks it was the best purchase! We feel super supported, less aches and pains, and we never want to get out of bed.
Highly recommend and also recommend sticking with the mattress for a few weeks as you get used to it. We are now so glad we didn't swap from the firm.
Also the follow up customer service has been amazing.

Ivy T

Ivy TGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

We love sleeping on the new Sleeping Duck mattress!

Sleeping Duck mattress is very comfortable. It is so comfortable that I don’t want to get up. Since we slept on the new mattress we no longer have backaches and it significantly improve our quality of sleep. We have been sleeping on this mattress for about 6 weeks and it is perfect. We highly recommend Sleeping Duck mattress!

Purchased in November 2019 for $1,349.00.

Velaquez V.

Velaquez V.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I love my new sleeping duck bed. I feel like I’m floating in the clouds.

The frame and bed head are really sturdy, easy to assemble and look good. The mattress is firm but also makes me feel like I’m floating. It’s really good and couldn’t be happier with it.

Purchased in December 2019 at Sleepingduck for $1,500.00.

Kirstie  McKenzie

Kirstie McKenzie Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very happy

Extremely comfortable mattress, breathes well on hot nights and my husband doesn’t wake me when he moves which is a first! Feels very soft to lie on but is obviously firm as my hip pain has subsided. Absolutely no complaints, I’m just used to a firmer edge of the mattress when I sit down. Give me another month to adapt and I’d probably give 5 stars.

Purchased in December 2019.

Michelle M

Michelle MSydney, NSW

Great mattress

This mattress is fantastic. I don’t wake up with a sore back or hips. The mattress holds it shape really well. I highly recommend the Sleeping Duck mattress. Great quality, fantastic value for money and excellent service. Congratulations Sleeping Duck another satisfied customer.

Purchased in November 2019 for $1,449.00.

Keith Hindley

Keith HindleyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Good

The bed is very supportive and comfortable. I do have a bad back and as of now it seems to support me well. I will say that I sit up in bed at first and read a lot before going to sleep and I find that where my bottom is located in a specific position it leaves a indentation for some time before returning to normal. It is very well made and I know it will have a long life.

Purchased in November 2019 for $990.00.

Sleeping D.Sleeping Duck

The Mattress is no longer firm

Purchased in December 2019 for $1,200.00.

Sagging Yes

Van

VanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Guest bed only

We have had a sleeping duck mattress for a year and a half now, rotating regularly. We are not heavy people but the mattress has rather large dips where we sleep now. It has become so uncomfortable that we have now purchased another mattress of a completely different type. It was a good test of a vacuum sealed bed, however probably only suited long term as a guest bed. Wouldn't purchase again.

Sagging Yes

Mark Dacheff

Mark DacheffPerth, WA

I don't know why I didn't get this product before

My partner and I went and laid on a lot of mattresses at various bed places, which cost double if not triple the price of the sleeping duck. With the 90-day return policy we thought why not. The best thing we could have done, we purchased the King size, firm, pillows, sheets duvet and cover. Just magic, comfortable and cozy night sleep. Since sleeping on the mattress, we wake up fresher. From what we had in a bed, which I thought wasn't bad, was absolutely terrible compared to the sleeping duck. We have had no loss of shape to the mattress at all.

Purchased in September 2019 for $2,294.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side

Ben W.

Ben W.

Avoid at all costs if you are a hot sleeper

Purchased in November 2019 for $1,349.00.

Sleeping PositionFront and Side
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!

Melinda Batt

Melinda BattGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

AMAZING Duck!

I seriously get into bed every night & say to my man...’Have I told you today how much I love this mattress?’ My sleeping duck bed, mattress, & pillows are simply divine. I have the most beautiful, peaceful graceful sleep..& don’t feel my man tossing & turning.

Purchased in October 2019.

Sleeping PositionFront

FredHobart, TAS

Firm, supportive and forgiving

I find it very comfortable, so far no sagging and I'm a heavy guy. The combination of foam and pocket springs works to make it supportive and, so far, durable. The only downside is the weight, it makes rotating the mattress a two person job.

Purchased in October 2019 for $1,349.00.

Fred

All good - my new Tasmanian Blackwood base ( made to a 1920s Coogans template by Turners Blackwood Furniture of Launceston) has a low lip so it won's be too hard to rotate.

Ian Ash

Ian AshGoulburn Valley, VIC

The best night's sleep!

The mattress is so stable and supportive. I don't notice my partner moving during the night. So far there is no sign of the mattress sagging or losing any support.

Manuela

ManuelaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great nights sleep

I originally started with the medium firmness and this was upgraded to the hard foam which has helped quite a bit. I now have a much more comfortable sleep and awake more refreshed then I have for a long time.
Thank you Sleeping Duck the whole process has been great.

Purchased in September 2019 for $1,300.00.

Review collected in partnership with Sleeping Duck

Wish we hadn't waited so long!

Purchasing Sleeping Duck has been an excellent experience. Was easy, delivery hassle free, and we've been sleeping the best we've done in years. I wish we had done it sooner!

Purchased in October 2019.

Luv a duck

Good support, dont toss and turn as much, only had mattress for couple of months, very happy except for heat, partner happy, never feel any movement, on the whole, both happy

Purchased in September 2019 for $1,500.00.

I feel physically healthier

Although initially my back was sore when first sleeping on the mattress, it got much better after a week. I felt like I was sleeping straighter and not curved up. We stay in hotels often for work but want to come home as we miss our sleeping duck for comfort and to wait up feeling physically better.

See all Sleeping Duck Mattress reviews

Em.asked

We find the sheets keep slipping off. What are we doing wrong? Comfortable otherwise. Could it be the mattress protector? We bought several new pairs of organic cotton sheets with deep wall on fitted sheets I.e. 50 cm.

Hi Em!

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

We tend to get this kind of feedback from people who are more on the 'restless sleeper' side of things.

For example, we manufacture our Sleeping Duck sheets to be a little deeper (39cm) to ensure that they fit the depth of our mattress which is 31cm. However, I'm sure this extra length could potentially assist in the sheets wriggling upwards throughout the night - which I can understand would be a tad frustrating.

I would recommend ensuring that the sheets have been completely fitted over the sides of the mattress.

Let us know if you have any other questions, or if there's anything else our team can assist you with.

Kindest Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck :)

Em.

thanks but that's not really practical when one has arthritis and the mattress weighs heavy. I sleep well despite this and never have any neck or back aches.... that's the most important quality! I might try a less slippery mattress protector and see if that helps.

Randajaasked

I would like to use my existing base. It has wooden slats 7 cm wide and about 11 cm apart. They are covered with some material which provides a little bit of padding over the slats. Are there any problems using an existing base?

Hi Randaja,

Thanks for your enquiry!

Our mattress can be used on an existing base, given that it does meet our requirements in terms of the structure and centre support to ensure the mattress will uphold the 10 year longevity.

If you have a slatted bed base, you need to ensure the slats aren't anymore than 8cm apart. Queen and King sizes also require adequate centre support.

To find out more about what this means you can find diagrams and descriptions on the Warranty Page (https://www.sleepingduck.com/au/warranty/) on our website.

If you are unsure, feel free to send through some photos to info@sleepingduck.com and we will be happy to have a further look into it.

Kind Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck

Goodi

Goodiasked

Hi I’m looking at buying another mattress Our Madison Grand is 18 mths old and at $3000 and sagging body impressions of 30 to 50mm and to soft. I now have back pain.
If I buy a sleeping duck firm king will it have body impressions after 6 mths and if I don’t like it will I get a full refund. Regards Goodi

Hi Goodi!

Thanks for your queries.

We do provide a 10 year warranty for our mattress.
The warranty covers excessive body imprints only. In the general course of use, if you find the body imprint you have left on the mattress is larger than 30mm deep then we will assess it as a warranty case.

Please note that the warranty can be voided in the case of incorrect bed base use. You can refer to this section on our website on the 'Warranty' page.

All of our mattresses, pillows and sheets come with a 100 night guarantee. The 100 nights start once the item has been delivered. If you find that the mattress firmness isn’t right for you, we can coordinate a change of firmness free of charge. If you don’t love our mattress, pillow or sheets during the 100 nights, let us know within that period, and you can return it to receive a refund of the purchase price. We cover any expenses involved in the return.

If there's anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask.
Team Sleeping Duck :)