6Sleeping Duck Mattress

Sleeping Duck Mattress Questions & Answers (page 2)

Joanne · Mattress

I noticed by reviews that the mattresses retain heat. Does this imply they are not an ideal mattress for someone who is a hot sleeper, who often wakes up middle of the night sweating.

Shebri11
Shebri11

I too get very hot. I always throw covers off during the night and this was with my old mattress, so the Sleeping Duck is no different. I find it does not hold heat. Hope this answers your question.

Joanne

Thank you for your reply and your experience with the SD.

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Joanne, Great question - a cool night's sleep is so important!

We've crafted our Mattress with this in mind, which all starts with our spring system allowing maximum airflow throughout the Mattress.

While foams tend to retain heat by nature, we've done our best to alleviate this through a process called pressure expansion. This means we've created foams for the Duck which are eight times more open than standard foams on the market.

If you tend to sleep warmer, we’d recommend starting with our Firm option and seeing how you go. The best part is, you'll have our nifty 100 Night Guarantee to give it all a try and find if the comfort is right for you.

We do have a few tips for promoting a cool night too, so if you do find yourself on the warmer side, just call out to our friendly SDHQ team!

Lyn P.
Lyn P. · Mattress

Can you turn a sleeping mattress over

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Lyn, Thanks for reaching out!

Due to the Mattress' hybrid design, it's unable to be flipped over. To do so, would have you sleeping on the springs rather than our comfort foams.

For Mattress care, we instead recommend rotating it to help ensure an even surface.

You can check out more of our recommendations here: external link

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Iris J.
Iris J. · Mattress

Can this mattress be put on a adjustable bed frame?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Iris, Thanks a bunch for your interest in the Duck!

Our Mattress isn't suited to an adjustable base. This is because the spring layer requires a firm flat support to prevent any damage overtime. With that in mind, we'd suggest a slatted or firm flat surface as our Duck's support.

We do run over a few bed base recommendations which you can check out on our website too.
external link

Give us a quack if any further questions pop up!

jordanemw
jordanemw · Mattress Firm

Is it possible for the mattress to be compressed again, into the same shape and size it was in when delivered? For storage?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a question!

We can confirm that once unpackaged, the Duck cannot be compressed down in the same way it initially came.

Reach out if you have any further questions,

Amber H.
Amber H. · Mattress

I am considering purchasing the SD March II mattress - medium, be suitable to alleviate pain in my lower lower back due to Osteoarthritis & Osteoporosis?

David R.

Hi Amber, the mdm foam mattress is what we bought and is helped me, you need to see if that fits you situation if not obtain the firm or soft.

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Amber, Thanks for reaching out!

David is absolutely right, each experience with a firmness level can change depending on personal preferences and needs.

Given this, we find it's best to try out our Mattress within your own home with our 100 Night Guarantee to find the perfect fit.

For an indication on what may be suitable, we base our recommendations on your main sleeping position.

To find out what we'd suggest for a starting firmness, feel free to reach out to our SDHQ team directly or give our firmness quiz a go: external link

Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else that we can do to help!

Mandy
Mandy · Mattress

We bought a sleeping Duck Mattresss about two years ago and we love it . Has anyone purchased their sheets . They are very steep , price wise and we are hesitant.
We are also sick of bad quality sheets that don’t fit the mattress and come off halfway during the night . We do tend to get ‘hot’ and we are concerned the sleeping Duck ones being tencel maybe hot . Thanks for your time everyone. A

Sleeping Duck   DM

Thanks for dropping in with the question, Mandy! We completely agree, a cool night's sleep certainly is vital to getting some well-deserved rest. Our NeoSilk Sheets are made out of Tencel which is a eucalyptus fibre. We've chosen this material as it's super breathable, similar to bamboo.

All of our sleep accessories come with a nifty 100 Night Guarantee, meaning you can put them to the test for up to 100 nights before making a final decision!

If any other questions come to mind just give us a shout.

Rodney M.
Rodney M. · Mattress

What percentage of the mattress is recyclable at its end of life?

Alan
Alan

Not sure about that - best to ask Sleeping Duck directly. They are very approachable and I'm sure they could answer.

David R.

I would say 100% as it can be shredded to be used in other areas of manufacturing.

Sleeping Duck   DM

Thanks for dropping in with the question, Rodney. Up to 70% of the Sleeping Duck Mattress can be recycled by a mattress recycler!

If any other questions come to mind just give us a shout.

Ethelbeeswax
Ethelbeeswax · Mattress Medium

My mattress was urinated on, and I moved the anti gravity foam outside and washed it- it now smells appalling with a pervasive chemical smell relentlessly oozing into the air- will this ever improve? Is it dangerous?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Oh no! Rest assured that the smell is completely non-toxic and all of our foams have the highest Global Green Tag certification.

The AntiGravity Foam isn't able to be washed as it will start to disintegrate when it comes in contact with water, so we would recommend replacing it!

If you'd like to go ahead with replacing the foam feel free to give our SDHQ team a buzz as they need to be ordered over the phone.
external link

If there's anything else we can lend a hand with just give us a shout.

Ant
Ant · Mattress

I have my eye on the SD Mach II in King (Medium) and needing a base. I have never slept on a mattress that was placed on slats just the flat wooden framed bed base. Has anyone placed their SD matress onto their existing flat wooden framed bed base? Was it a better sleep than on your previous traditional mattress? Or have you switched to slats and found it to be much better or worse? Looking to purchase in the next week or so. Thanks

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Ant, Thanks for reaching out!

Our Mattress can be used on slatted surfaces or completely firm and flat surfaces. Depending on the type, the overall feel and firmness can vary.

The great thing about our Mattress is its 100 Night Guarantee, which allows for free firmness adjustments. This helps in finding the most suitable firmness for you when paired with your base.

We'd just recommend keeping in mind our bed base recommendations, which you can view here: external link

Let us know if there's anything further that we can help out with!

JSR
JSR · Mattress

Are you able to use a standard fitted sheet or do need to use the SD sheets sets?

Scooter
Scooter

Standard sheets are fine

hannah_m
hannah_m

Any fitted sheets. I use the sleeping duck one and Sheridan fitted sheets.

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi JSR, Thanks a bunch for sharing your question.

As hannah_m's mentioned, you can use a wide range of sheets on our Duck!

Our hybrid design of spring and foam makes our Mattress approximately 31cm in depth, so to ensure a comfortable fit, we'd suggest looking for a Fitted Sheet that has a depth of over 40cm. Our own are 45cm, allowing a neat fit on our Mattress and many others!

Happy sleeping,

Helen E.
Helen E. · Mattress

I have a bed base from Bev Marks. Can I use a sleeping duck mattress in this please?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Helen E., Thanks so much for sharing your question.

With a wide range of bases available at Bev Marks, it's hard for us to say!

Our Mattress is best suited to a firm flat surface or a slatted base. If you were looking at a Queen or King size, we do also have a few additional recommendations to ensure the base is well supported overtime, like a supporting beam and grounding legs.

You can read all about this on our website below, but the best way to check is to sing out to our friendly SDHQ team.

external link

We're available at info@sleepingduck.com and would love to appraise your current bed base - just send through some photos or a link and we'll let you know how it's suited to our Duck!

Looking forward to chatting with you,

Gerard H.
Gerard H. · Mattress

I bought a sleeping duck mattress second hand and find it to firm! Can you buy the foam inserts separately

Davandeb
Davandeb

I believe you can. Give them a call.

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Gerard, Thanks for reaching out!

Absolutely - you can certainly purchase our foams separately through our SDHQ team. We'd recommend getting in touch directly to process your order over the phone.

external link

We're here for any other questions that come to mind!

Chris E.
Chris E.

Hi there, does anyone know the cost for purchasing the foam inserts separately?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Chris, Thanks for the comment!

We would suggest getting in touch with the team for this one, as prices can vary according to size and compatibility.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Zoe123
Zoe123 · Mattress

How can I purchase a different mattress topper? I am well out of warranty- happy to buy second hand if available.
Thanks!

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hey Zoe, We've got some great news for you!

The beauty of our Ducks nifty hybrid design is that every individual layer can be replaced if needed.

So we may provide more information on the next steps for your Duck, it'd be super helpful if you could sing out to the team at info@sleepingduck.com. Alternatively, we're available on 1800 667 196 on weekdays, 9am to 6pm AEDT.

We look forward to chatting with you!

Ms P.
Ms P. · Mattress

Can the king single also be customised with the inserts?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Ms P, Thanks for the interest!

At this stage, we manufacture our Mattresses to include full length firmness Pads, starting with Medium or Firm.

Throughout your 100 Night Guarantee, you can move to alternative levels including Soft and Extra-Firm.

We find most people are suited to a single firmness! Being able to try it out within your own home can help to see if you're one of them as well.

You can find out more here:
external link

Feel free to reach out directly should you have any further questions.

faye
faye · Mattress Firm

I am having the same issues as the questions i have read here. I bought the firm mattress and had back problems with that ( usually I like a really firm mattress and I exchanged this for the medium and have continued to have the same issues with back pain. I have a Koala sofa bed in a spare room and have been sleeping on that to try to get a good night sleep - it is very firm and this has improved my problems a lot. So back to my bed ( which I would like to be sleeping in). This morning I removed the anti gravity foam layer and feel as others do - that this layer is way too soft and not suitable for firmness required by some sleepers. I was going to try sleeping on the bed without this tonight but not sure that this is advised? It has gone way past my return window but I would really like to solve this problem without the expense of an entirely new mattress. I hope you can help me as I relied on the good reputation of this product which I am beginning to doubt.

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Faye, Thanks for taking the time to share your concerns!

We're sorry to hear you've been finding your Mattress too soft of late and would love to see how we can help.

Even with the cushioning of our AntiGravity layer, adjusting the firmness foam beneath is all it takes to shake things up!

We understand you may have initially began with the Firm and had swapped to our Medium option. If you did hang onto the Firm inserts, we'd highly recommend swapping back to this one to promote the support of your Mattress in the meantime.

We're also happy to share that we do offer an Extra Firm firmness to further increase the level of support offered by your Duck!

We look forward to chatting with you!

jibs
jibs · Mattress

Considering buying a SD Queen sized mattress. Our son has had one for a few years now and loves it.
We have a wooden slatted bed base with large bed ends that consist of 2 wooden posts and vertical slats which have a wide horizontal wooden panel on top -sorry for poor description.
Will these bed end impede rotating the mattress as it is quite heavy?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi jibs, Thanks for sharing your question!

We're elated to hear your son's enjoying the Duck and that it's garnered your interest.

The bed end could add an extra step to your Mattress care, as you would need to lift the Mattress out of the frame to rotate 180°. We recommend doing so every month for the first six months, and every three months or seasonally thereafter.

For our Queen Mattress, it does weight approximately 52kg so you may like to have an extra hand when doing so. Keep in mind that it's also fitted with two handles on each side to assist rotation.

We hope this helps, but please don't hesitate to give us a quack with any further questions too.

Robert P. · Mattress

Just tried attaching my breath tech after washing it, why has my zipper got stuck half way round my mattress?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Robert, Thanks for sharing your question!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing some trouble attaching our BreatheTech Cover. We'd love to get to the bottom of this, have you had the chance to reach out to SDHQ just yet?

When you have the moment, please give us a quack at info@sleepingduck.com with some images, this'll give us a better idea of what may be occurring.

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Hi, I'll send some pics,

Deb D
Deb D · Mattress

I love my sleeping duck mattress! Can you please provide instructions on reattaching the breath tech cover after removal for washing? In particular the zipper reattachment .

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Deb D, We're stoked that you're loving the Duck and we'd love to help with this question too!

To ensure that you're attaching this onto the right section, we'd recommend laying the BreatheTech Cover flat on the surface of the Mattress, with the outside of the cover facing up.

From there you should be able to fit the zipper head to the top connector (not the bottom one, as the zip will finish there rather than start)!

We do have a nifty video to assist with this, so please feel free to email info@sleepingduck.com if you're a visual learner.

We hope this helps!

Dianne F.
Dianne F. · Mattress

Is there limited disturbance from your partner when they toss and turn on these mattresses?

Christine
Christine

No not at all

Andrew.E
Andrew.E

The mattress is super comfortable and supportive I I don't notice when my partner moves or gets up in the night. Definitely woke up lots on the old mattress through not being comfortable. Very comfortable on the sleeping Duck, would highly recommend buying one.

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Dianne, Thanks for your interest in the Duck!

Minimising partner disturbance absolutely plays an important role in enjoying an undisturbed snooze. That's why we've opted for a hybrid design of spring and foam, combining the best of both worlds when it comes to comfort and support.

Our Motherboard spring system will be sound with movement, as it is individually pocketed allowing for minimal partner disturbance. Along with our AirGrown foam, which has the mobility properties of latex to move with your body throughout the night.

There's a whole lot more to learn about the features of our Mattress, so we'd recommend checking it out on our website.
external link

With a 100 Night Guarantee on your purchase, you can even give the partner disturbance a test for yourself. If it's not all love, feel free to reach out for a return within this period.

If you'd like to chat further, our team would love to help. We can be reached at info@sleepingduck.com or on weekdays, 9am to 6pm (AEDT) on 1800 667 196.

Jo B
Jo B · Mattress

Hello, I recently received a Sleeping duck mattress (firm on both sides) and I am experiencing leg cramps during the night which I have never had before. Could the cause be that the mattress is too firm?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Jo, Thanks for your question!

Sorry to hear you haven't gotten started on the right foot. The great news is, with free firmness adjustments within your 100 Night Guarantee, complete comfort shouldn't be far away.

You may find some extra cushioning will help to alleviate this feeling, so just sing out to our friendly SDHQ team to explore the next steps of a firmness adjustment.

We're available at info@sleepingduck.com or on 1800 667 196, weekdays 9am to 6pm AEDT.

You can also learn more about our firmness options on our website.

Looking forward to chatting with you,

Get an answer from our members and Sleeping Duck representatives

Select a listing for your question
Sleeping Duck Mattress

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Sleeping Duck Mattress is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2023, 2022, 2021 and 2017.

Visit Official Website