6Sleeping Duck Mattress

Sleeping Duck Mattress Questions & Answers (page 3)

Paul M of Melb
Paul M of Melb · Mattress

Is the sleeping Duck Mattress hot. I'm a female with hot flushes.

Sandra Robinson
Sandra Robinson

Hi, haven’t noticed it being hot as still chilly at night. I have same hot problem as well. So far so good. Love my mattress.

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Paul, Thanks for your interest in the Duck!

Our Mattress has been designed with a cool night's sleep in mind, so we've opted for our signature AirGrown foam which is 8x more breathable than standard foams on the market.

We've achieved this through a process called pressure expansion, which we chat more about in this nifty video on our website:
external link

This is then sealed with our BreatheTech Cover, a bamboo blend used for it's naturally anti-microbial properties and of course, breathability!

With our nifty 100 Night Guarantee, you can give the Duck a temperature test for yourself as we offer free firmness adjustments and a return within this period too. :)

We're here for any further questions, so feel free to give us a bell at info@sleepingduck.com or buzz on 1800 667 106. We're on the lines on weekdays from 9AM to 6PM (AEDT).

Brian
Brian · Mattress

Hi. I am moving house and need to store my sleeping duck mattress for a few months. Can I store this on its side or does it need to be flat?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Brian, Thanks for dropping us a line!

When popping your Duck in storage we recommend storing your Mattress flat if possible. However, if this isn't practicle, our Duck can absolutely be stored on its side too. This generally isn't something we'd recommend over an extended period, so we'd suggest checking in on the Mattress every few weeks to ensure it's sitting alright.

If you do put it upright, please keep in mind that the internal foams may shift inside in the process.

These can be easily realigned by unzipping the top cover, and rearranging the foams underneath when you are ready to sleep on it again.

We also recommend keeping your Mattress covered in some plastic or a Mattress protector cover if possible too, to ensure it stays clean and in good condition during the move. These can be purchased from most hardware stores.

If you have any further questions just give us a shout. We'll be here for you!

Saa
Saa · Mattress

Can I wash the antigravity foam cover?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Saa, Thanks for singing out with your question!

Our AntiGravity cover was made to promote the durability of this fragile foam. As such, we wouldn't recommend taking it off as it's quite the snug fit, making it difficult to pop back on.

If you do need to freshen it up, our AntiGravity cover can be spot cleaned to remove spills or stains or gently vacuumed using a handheld vacuum. As a last resort, you can even take it off for a cold, gentle cycle followed by air drying.

We'd note the AntiGravity surface foam itself cannot be washed, and shouldn't be spot cleaned with anything wet. If they do get wet they should be patted dry or aired, out of direct sunlight, then vacuumed or brushed gently!

We hope this information is helpful and you can learn more in our FAQs.

Richard P.
Richard P. · Mattress

Do you have any sizes for kids mattresses

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Richard P., Thanks so much for your interest in the Duck!

Our Mattress is available in Australian standard sizes from Single up to King and you can check out the range further on our website:
external link

With a hybrid design of spring and foam, we like to think the Duck is not only great for sleeping on, but jumping on too!

We're just a quack away for any questions, so don't hesitate to sing out at info@sleepingduck.com or on 1800 667 196. We're available weekdays from 9am to 6pm (AEDT).

John · Mattress Medium King

hi we are looking at a Sleepduck king mattress SD Mach II. We have an existing slat base. Does this make any difference to the performance or comfort of your mattress?
Regards John

Brent
Brent

We have a slat bed as well worked well for us

Thanks Brent.

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi John, Thanks for your interest in the Duck!

We're all about ensuring your Mattress is well supported so you can receive the best comfort and support for years to come.

As Brent's mentioned, a slatted base is absolutely suitable for our Duck. We recommend the slats be no further than 12cm apart, just to ensure each spring is well supported.

You can take a closer look at these recommendations on our website here:
external link

If you did have absolutely any questions, you're welcome to give us a shout at info@sleepingduck.com or have a chat with us on 1800 667 196. We're on the lines from Monday through to Friday, 9AM to 6PM (AEST).

Thanks Duck.

cassie
cassie · Pro Mattress Half-Half

can you buy a king size mattress that is firm on one side and soft on the other side?

Skip
Skip

We purchased a mattress that was firm on my side and medium on my partners side. Both happy with choice and we can change if we wanted a different firmness.

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Cassie, Our King size Mattress does has the option of starting with one side Medium, and one side Firm.

Skip is also 100% right, and if you're not happy with your starting firmness down the track, you do have the option of making an adjustment to see if this helps too.

These adjustments are also free of charge within your 100 Night Guarantee period, so there's nothing to lose!

Once you've tried the Medium, if you need something softer feel free to get in touch and our team would be happy to get the ball rolling on an adjustment.

We hope this helps, and let us know if you have any other questions too. Happy sleeping!

Val H.
Val H. · Pro Mattress Half-Half

Do you have to rotate/flip the mattress frequently? Our current foam mattress has to be flipped every two weeks and it is heavy. Reviews of the Sleeping Duck all comment on its heaviness so wondering if we would have to turn it.

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Val, Thanks for getting in touch with us!

To keep your Mattress in it's best shape we do recommend rotating every couple of months. You can read about this further here: external link

Feel free to reach out to the team further for any questions, otherwise the weights and dimensions can be found below:

ED
ED · Mattress

Can my Sleeping Duck King go in a mattress vacuum bag for storage?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Ed, Thanks for reaching out!

We've got some tips and tricks when it comes to storing our Mattress. We do just want to highlight that it hasn't been tested to be vacuum-sealed.

Due to our modular design, it can be unzipped and the components often removed if you do need to reduce it's size (although it may be best to reach out to the team directly for your model's specific info).

Just keep in mind that we always recommend our Mattress is laid flat over extended periods of time to ensure the individually pocketed springs aren't compromised.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Monique A.
Monique A. · Mattress

is there any store in which I can try out he mattresses?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Monique, Thanks for reaching out! The interest is definitely appreciated.

At Sleeping Duck, we do operate as a mostly online company with our 100 Night Guarantee.

This allows for free firmness adjustments and a full refund during this time (should you need, of course!) all within your own home.

Not only this, but we have just opened our flagship store here in Melbourne!

If you're local and would like to learn more about us, we'd love for you to drop in. You can find out more info on our showroom below:
external link

Should you have any questions, our SDHQ team are only a phone call away.

Absolutely feel free to reach out to us directly if there's anything at all that we can help with!

John · Mattress

Can a sleeping duck mattress go on a slat base

Lafawnduh M.
Lafawnduh M.

Yep for sure. Mine is on a slat base. No probs at all.

Robyn M
Robyn M

I need draws underneath so mine has always been on a a wood base

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi John, Thanks for reaching out!

We're excited to hear of your interest in our Duck. You sure can use a slatted base, as this kind of surface helps to provide support and protection of our individually pocketed springs.

We'd just recommend keeping in mind some further recommendations for the slats, and different Mattress sizes.

To view these suggestions, you can check out the link below:
external link

Our team are absolutely here to help out, so feel free to reach out directly if you have any further questions!

Francine C.
Francine C. · Mattress

We love out mattress but I find I wake up in a sweatbands (I've never had this before). Do the mattresses run hit and is there anything I can do to counter that? Mt partner doesn't have any problems.

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Francine C., Thanks so much for sharing your enquiry!

A cool night's slumber is high on our priority list, so we crafted our Duck with this in mind. From the MotherBoard spring system to the BreatheTech Cover sealing all the goodness, breathable materials are at the heart of your comfort.

Try as we might, we know this won't achieve a completely cool experience for everyone's unique preferences, so we have a few nifty tips to promote a breathable sleep environment.

We recommend using materials like TENCEL, linen, cotton and removing any additional layers, such as a protector, which can trap heat. If you aren't already, using a slatted base can also promote airflow beneath the Duck.

We also find that a firmer surface can help to alleviate heat as there'll be less cushioning, allowing heat to dissipate easily.

Hopefully this info can come in handy and don't be a stranger if you do need any further assistance.

Shelly · Mattress

I am after a mattress that breathes as I sweat a lot at night? suggestion as to what top I need. thankyou

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Shelly, Thanks for reaching out with interest!

How exciting to hear that you're looking to upgrade your sleep. We're absolutely here to help out with those priorities.

Our Mattress is a hybrid design - this refers to it's combination of individually pocketed springs and unique AirGrown foam. Many sleepers with heat concerns find this combination to be a straight up winner!

Starting on Firm can be an additional help, as this will minimise heat retained around the body when sleeping on the surface, rather than within.

Throughout our 100 Night Guarantee, we can always make further suggestions on creating a cooler sleep as well.

Let us know if anything else comes to mind!

Shelly

if we were to get a firm (we were thinking medium) can it be changed to a medium within the 100 days?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Thanks for the reply, Shelly! You can absolutely makes changes to the firmness within your Mattress during your 100 Night Guarantee.

We can all be a bit of a Goldilocks sometimes, needing to try out a few different options until it's just right.

This is why we proudly offer flexibility with our Duck, including free firmness adjustment within the 100 nights.

We'd recommend checking this out in further details below:
external link

Give us a yell if we can be of any other help!

Jackie O
Jackie O · Mattress

What is this mattress like over time. Some reviews report sagging. Most reviews are only current.

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Jackie O, Thanks a bunch for your interest in the Duck!

We completely understand the importance of a Mattress that goes the distance. That's why ours has been tested to last up to 10 years with the right care and support.

This is simply rotating 180° regularly to ensure even wear overtime, alongside a supportive slatted or firm flat surface, you'll be sure to enjoy a lasting comfort.

If you haven't already, take a squiz of our FAQs. We discuss the best support you can offer our Mattress here, alongside it's 10 year warranty that keeps you covered:
external link

With that said, we designed the Duck to go through the seasons with you, that's why we opted for a modular design. This allows you to adapt the Duck across it's lifespan to ensure you're in complete comfort always!

Our friendly SDHQ team are more than happy to field any further questions, so feel free to reach out on 1800 667 196 (weekdays, 9am - 6pm) or at info@sleepingduck.com.

Gary H.
Gary H. · Mattress Firm

can I split a king mattress into 2 king singles?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Gary, Thanks for the interest in Sleeping Duck!

We're so excited to hear that you may be adding our Mattress to your home.

Our King Mattress is a complete size that isn't able to be split! A King by standard Australian sizes will usually equal 2x Long Singles.

Although we do offer a King Single size, these aren't the same dimensions as a Long Single (which is something we don't currently have).

If you have any specific questions or concerns about this, our team are absolutely here to help out!

Paul B
Paul B · Mattress

Do I need a mattress protector for my sleeping duck mattress and if so what's the best to use?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Paul B, Thanks for your question - we can definitely help with that!

Thanks to our Duck's BreatheTech Cover, gone is the need for a protector.

This Cover's removable and machine washable, with it being tested to withstand 100+ washes, you're able to refresh your surface regularly. We recommend doing so every three months to maintain a fresh sleep surface.

All while protecting your Mattress, this bamboo blend Cover will be providing you with optimal breathability and comfort. It allows airflow through the Mattress to reduce heat retention throughout the night - and did we mention it wicks away moisture? It sure is cool!

Having the ability to refresh your Mattress means you won't have to sacrifice any of your comfort or breathability with an additional layer.

You can check out what it's all about on our website below:

Hanan E.
Hanan E. · Mattress

Hi there Im looking for a new my mattress and I was reading reviews and I'm a bit confused my husband has a shoulder problem and I'm looking for a good comfortable mattress for him can you give more information about this mattress

Tyrone Holdebottle
Tyrone Holdebottle

Hi.my problem was with my lower back which I had for a long time,with my old mattress often when I wake up my back was sore till I did some exercise ,but now I don’t have this problem.

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Hanan, Thanks so much for your interest!

It's so exciting to hear you're in the market for a new mattress and are considering the Duck. We have high hopes that your new sleep setup will alleviate your husband's nuisance shoulder pain.

Our own is a hybrid design of spring and foam in an effort to provide you with equal levels of comfort and support.

This all starts with our multi-zone spring system, which has tailored springs ensuring you're receiving the right support in the right places. On top is our signature AirGrown foam, which combines the cushioning comfort of memory foam along with the mobility of latex, allowing you to move seamlessly throughout the night.

We'd highly recommend taking a look at the ins and outs of our Mattress design on our website:
external link

For your husband's discomfort, we'd suggest beginning on our Medium firmness which is known for relieving pressure points, like the shoulders and hips. With a 100 Night Guarantee, you'll have access to free firmness adjustments to find complete comfort. If it's not all love, you can even return within this period!

We're always here to help with any further questions, so feel free to sing out to the SDHQ team at info@sleepingduck.com or give us a bell on 1800 667 196.

SaladinM · Mattress Medium Queen

Does anyone else have issues with the antigravity layer moving in your sleep from the edges?? I find it so annoying.

SaladinM

Otherwise I love this mattress but only recently have been experiencing this slight problem.

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Saladin, Thanks for reaching out!

In our experience, your AntiGravity layer should sit nice and snug within your Mattress.

The great news is with our modular design, it's always easy to unzip the top BreatheTech Cover and investigate.

We've reached out directly so that we can look into this a little further, so we'd recommend keeping eye out for that one.

How great to hear you're loving your Duck - we definitely want all aspects of your sleep to be an absolute dream and will do our best to help out.

Looking forward to chatting with you and hopefully resolving the issue!

Caroline & Adam B. · Mattress

Hi SD Team, We've recently purchased a Queen Gaslift bed and I was wondering if the SD Queen mattress would be too heavy for that type of bed? I understand the mattress is approx. 52kg so hoping the gaslift can still operate with a mattress that heavy. Will I need to add any additional supports inside the storage area of the bed (like in the central area of the bed)? Hope all that makes sense, thanks so much for your time :)

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Caroline & Adam B., Thanks a bunch for your interest in the Duck!

That's a great question. Due to the hybrid design of spring and foam, our Mattresses can weigh in on the heavier side with the Queen being approximately 52kg. The good news is, we have had previous customers use gas lift bed bases successfully - we'd just recommend checking in with your provider to ensure it meets their own weight limit.

We also have a few nifty bed base recommendations to ensure the Duck is properly supported throughout its lifespan. For our Queen, this includes a slatted base or a firm flat surface to create an even support for the spring system.

The addition of a central supporting beam and two grounding legs will also prevent any bowing or bending of the support overtime. You can learn more about this info on our website here:
external link

If you did need to chat further about anything at all, our friendly SDHQ team are on standby at info@sleepingduck.com or a short buzz away on 1800 667 196, weekdays (9am to 6pm)!

Caroline & Adam B.

Thanks so much for your prompt reply SD Team, it's very much appreciated! I'm so pleased to hear that others have successfully used the gaslift bed with the SD mattress. I advised Harvey Norman (where I purchased the bed frame from) that I was wanting to buy the SD bed and they didn't see any issues in doing so. I'm happy to add an extra supporting beam - just wondering if you could please confirm the bit about the 'two grounding legs'...can you offer advice on what that means and how to add that? Many thanks and regards, Caroline :)

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Caroline & Adam B., That's our pleasure! We're always happy to help answer any questions we can.

It's great to hear you don't think you'll have any issues adding a central support beam to your base.
When our team refer to two grounding legs, we mean two legs that are attached from the bottom of the central support beam to the ground.

This can often be done by cutting a couple of extra pieces of wood that you'd be using for the central support beam, and attaching them in even intervals along the beam.

We hope this helps! But definitely feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Raphaella L.
Raphaella L. · Mattress

Hi, I own a king size sleeping duck mattress.
I’m currently in the process of moving homes and I’m wondering if there are any tips/ requirements when moving my mattress?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hi Raphaella L., Thanks so much for your moving enquiry!

We'd love to ensure your Duck gets from A to B safely, so we'd be more than happy to share any tips or tricks.

You can move the Duck as you would any ordinary mattress, we'd just recommend keeping it wrapped where possible to avoid any excessive dust. With that said, your BreatheTech Cover is machine washable for any marks that might occur along the way.

If you are moving it to a smaller space, it can help to make use of the modular design and remove the foam inserts. This'll help with the depth and weight of the Duck, as you can move the pieces individually.

When propping your Mattress sideways, we'd also note that due to the design, the foams can shift within. Rest assured, an easy foam realignment once it's back on your base will fix this right up.

For more information, please reach out to SDHQ on 1800 667 196 on weekdays (9AM - 6PM) or at info@sleepingduck.com.

Jasmine L.
Jasmine L. · Pro Mattress Half-Half

Why do we need to wait for 3 hours before we can sleep on it ?

Sleeping Duck   DM

Hey Jasmine, We're so glad to see that you've reached out with your question, we are always here to help!
Although we do highly encourage you to wait 3 hours before sleeping on your new Duck, you're welcome to go ahead before then.

Just keep in mind, the foams will likely feel a lot softer than normal, due to the Mattress needing time to decompress after being suction packed for transport. The 3 hour waiting period is to allow your Duck time to decompress and reach its resting form, before you both get acquainted.

We hope this has cleared up any concerns for you, definitely shout out if you have any others.

Get an answer from our members and Sleeping Duck representatives

Select a listing for your question
Sleeping Duck Mattress

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Sleeping Duck Mattress is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2023, 2022, 2021 and 2017.

Visit Official Website