Sleeping Duck Pro Mattress

Sleeping Duck Pro Mattress

Firm, Half-Half and Medium
4.8 from 1,378 reviews

So worth the money and the wait!

Usually I struggle to sleep on new mattressess but this was the smoothest transition ever! Great support, very comfortable esp for us side sleepers. Very happy with the purchase, would highly recommend it.

Love love love my Sleeping Duck

This is the best mattress i have ever slept on. It is so comfortable. I no longer wake up with back pain nor do i wake up during the night because i am hot like i used to. I would definitely recommend Sleeping Duck to anyone .

Great mattress

Mattress is very supportive
My wife no longer wakes up sore
Find that the Mattress is quite heavy to make
Have only had the mattress for approx 5 weeks so would not expect to see any degradation in quality at this time

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,400.00.

Heat Retention Yes
Perceived FirmnessMedium

Like sleeping on a supportive cloud!

My husband and I invested in a Sleeping Duck mattress three months ago after doing a heap of research. Good mattresses are expensive and we were concerned as we move from our backs to our sides etc. The choice was made easier when we saw that Choice magazine rated Sleeping Duck No. 1 of about 10 high-profile brand mattresses. Then we saw the 100 night trial offer to vary the firmness level or even return the mattress, if not completely happy. That was the clincher.
Well, we love it - it's like sleeping on a supportive cloud. On our backs, sides, even stomach, the mattress performs beautifully.
There are, however, just a few things that could be improved. It's heavy, really heavy, and changing the sheets can be a challenge! It's also very deep/high so you have to make sure that your fitted sheets, electric blanket, etc will all fit okay. It can't be flipped over for freshness and to spread wear and tear. You can, however, move it around 180 degrees. Having to wait six weeks for delivery is not convenient. Lastly, they don't take your old mattress away, although I was told that's an issue they hope to address soon.
Our final comment: Would we recommend it? Absolutely! It's made a huge difference to our quality of sleep, level of chronic back pain, and how we feel of a morning.

Purchased in January 2019 for $1,349.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium

The mattress is great, but your customer service is brilliant

Mattress feels great, havnt noticed a huge sleep pattern change, but never been a great sleeper anyway! Its seems durable. Your service has been great though, frm start to finish

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,400.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium

Excellent comfort, value and follow up service.

As promised, Sleeping Duck guaranteed their comfort and free of charge changed the firmness for us. And very comfortable! For the price you’d be very very had d pressed to convince me of an alternative.

Purchased in January 2019.

Adjustment PeriodMonths
SaggingNo

Honestly the best mattress we've ever had

We are delighted with our new Sleeping Duck mattress. Being baby boomers buying something like this online sight unseen was a bit nerve racking. But the unconditional return took care of those concerns. I suffer from a bad back and my wife found our old mattress with a pillow top to hot. The Sleeping duck suits both of us to a tee. Its firm but comfy and not hot. Been sleeping on it for about 4 weeks now and both been sleeping better. Thank you Sleeping Duck.

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,449.00.

Sleeping PositionBack

Superb mattress

This mattress is very comfortable and supportive for both my husband and myself, accommodating our different sleeping requirements. The mattress feels durable and the firmness is perfect. I recommend doing the questionnaire to assist getting the right mattress. Excellent customer service, thank you Sleeping Duck.

Purchased in January 2019.

Top notch!

Comfortable - tick! Supportive - tick! Minimal partner disturbance - my personal fave - tick! I’m up during the night to our toddler and my husband’s up early the work - minimal partner disturbance is magic, particularly for me as a light sleeper.

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,400.00.

Adjustment PeriodMonths

Happy So Far

We’re about half way through our first 100 days of the Sleeping Duck mattress experience. On the whole it’s been good. I have an ongoing chronic hip bursitis condition which doesn’t respond to much of the known recommended treatment, (rest, anti-inflammatory medication, ice) and up to now there hasn’t been a significant improvement in my comfort at night in so far as my hip pain goes. However, the main benefit so far is my husband and I no longer roll into the middle of the bed and are totally unaware of the others movements during the night. In general, to date, we’re happy with the mattress. I am considering trialling the firm side to see if it helps relive my hip pain.

Too early to tell if it’s durable.
Shape has held to date.
No sagging so far.

One problem is we had to buy deep sided sheets (50cm) to fit. Our existing good quality sheets did not come close to fitting. I am a bit disappointed as we have good linen sheets we can’t use.

Please let me know if you have any feedback or advice on level of firmness and hip bursitis.

Thank you.
Ann Godfrey

Purchased in March 2019 at Sleeping Duck for $1,200.00.

Perceived FirmnessMedium

Best mattress we’ve ever slept on!

This mattress has been great, it took a few weeks to adjust but we just love it now. I’m 4 months pregnant and it has been super supportive and comfortable which makes me happy knowing I’ve got 5 months to go. The mattress seems to be wearing well and I love the sides have stayed firm even when sitting on the edge of the bed. Would highly recommend this to others.

Sleeping PositionFront

Deep sleep

I haven’t been this comfortable in bed in years. I sink into the bed just the right amount, and never feel any movement from my partner. I’m sleeping really well, and waking up without any aches.

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,399.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Perceived FirmnessSoft

WHY did we wait so long to buy a bed in a box?

My husband and I have bought two QS mattresses in 8 years and have seriously wasted thousands of dollars in the process. Our first was an expensive retail store brand that was great initially but over time became scalloped and hollowed - despite turning it every few weeks and us being of normal-weight body composition.
Our second was a little cheaper bought from 'an original mattress factory'. After 6 months my husband underwent surgery and was instructed bed rest to recuperate and within weeks his side of the mattress had sagged so much that I refused to turn it and the two of us have been suffering since!
We were skeptical of buying a bed in a box but having bought our Sleeping Duck, we're kicking ourselves that we didn't do it years ago. From ordering, delivery and follow up on product to excellent customer care, you won't find this kind of service from a retail store. Knowing that we have 100 nights of sleeping on our Sleeping Duck also gives us peace of mind.
If you're thinking about it, my advice would be to buy one and try it - you have absolutely nothing to lose and much more (sound!) sleep to be gained!!

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,200.00.

Sleeping PositionBack

Extremely happy with my Sleeping Duck

Prior to purchasing my Sleeping Duck I always woke in the morning with neck and lower back aches. Since purchasing our new mattress those aches and pains have disappeared entirely. The second benefit noticed is the lack of tossing and turning during the night as this mattress conforms to the pressure points of the body making for a most comfortable and relaxing sleeping position. The Sleeping Duck has to go down as the most comfortable mattress we have slept on in 58 years.

Perceived FirmnessMedium

I bought this for the guest room

I wasn't sure whether to get a medium or firm mattress but decided to start with the medium and if that wasn't right I could get an insert for it. As it turned out the medium is perfect. I have back and hip problems and I slept in the guest room for the first night to test it ... and then wanted to stay there. We've had some very hot nights and the mattress has not felt like it retained heat.Three guests have said it is so comfortable they couldn't get out of bed.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Perceived FirmnessMedium

Attacked by a sleeping duck.

While unpacking our awaited sleeping duck mattress, I cut the plastic too quickly and it sprung out hitting me in the face. When my wife had stopped laughing some fifteen minutes later, we completed the expansion process and have since enjoyed the best ever sleeps for both of us. I heartily recommend this mattress as it is just superb and not too expensive. Definitely worth a hit on the face any day.

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,300.00.

Soooo good

Bought this mattress and bed for our daughter. It’s brilliant. Very comfortable, support in all the right places and very high quality. We want to get one for our bed now.

Purchased in February 2019 for $900.00.

I love the Firm

I originally purchased the Medium but then swapped out to a Firm, which was very easy to do. The Firm still has a soft and pliable top layer but the now firmer underlayer also provide solidity and support. So it now feels like a soft solidity, which is beautiful to climb into every night.

Purchased in January 2019 for $1,000.00.

Can't sleep without it

Relatively easy to assemble.
Brilliant customer service who were only to happy to assist me in changing my mattress firmness and now all is great with the world. Would thoroughly recommend this experience.

Perceived FirmnessMedium

The firm is still too soft

Bought this mattress after a careful research and comparison due to the last one was obviously not firm enough. To be honest I was quite disappointed as I chose firm and had high expectation on it. Even had more sleeping problems than before. It is uncomfortably soft and sinks dramatically wherever you sit.

Purchased in October 2018 for $1,200.00.

Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Discomfort Yes
Heat Retention Yes
SaggingYes
Perceived FirmnessVery Soft
Hi Paul, Thank you for your review! I just wanted to check and see if you had gotten in touch with our team at info@sleepingduck.com to discuss firmness options? The mattress is designed to take the distributed weight of someone laying down, and will definitely sink when sat on due to focused pressure. During the 100 night trial we offer swaps not only between firm and medium, but also extra firm and soft. Our firm is definitely on the softer side of what some people expect, which is why the extra firm is available to swap to. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you'd like to give the extra firm a go. We'd be happy to discuss options. Kind Regards, Team Sleeping Duck

Frequently Asked Questions about Sleeping Duck Pro Mattress

How do I order a Sleeping Duck Mattress? Where do they deliver?

Sleeping Duck mattresses can be ordered online, and can be delivered to most Australian locations. They also have a limited selection of retail locations. You can order a Sleeping Duck mattress online from their online store (sleepingduck.com/au).

What does a Half-Half mean with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck mattresses are customisable from the factory, meaning that different segments of the mattress can be softer or firmer to your preference. A Half-Half mattress means that one half of the mattress is medium, while the other half is firm. Contact Sleeping Duck at 1800 667 196 for more information.

How warm does a Sleeping Duck Mattress get?

As a hybrid mattress, the warmth of a Sleeping Duck mattress is generally between a spring-based mattress and a foam-based mattress. If you feel too warm, changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet can help.

Can I use with an electric blanket with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck have stated that you can safely use an electric blanket with their mattresses. However, as sustained heat sources can soften memory foam, Sleeping Duck recommends that you only turn on your electric blanket for a couple of hours before you go to sleep.

Can I comfortably sleep on my side with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

A Sleeping Duck mattress can be used with most sleep preferences, including with sleeping on your side. Side sleepers may mostly prefer the medium firmness configuration for their mattress.

Latest Consumer Questions

Where are the few retail outlets we can try the bed at? You have a check list to determin the bed type, where can I find this? Roger
Hi Roger, we relied on Choice review (which gave best score to Sleeping Duck https://www.choice.com.au/home-and-living/bedroom/mattresses/review-and-compare/mattresses ), and the unconditional full refund if not satisfied. Not sure where you can buy at a physical store, we bought on line. Chris

Do you deliver to Salamander Bay nsw
They deliver to Bathurst, NSW so i’d say yes, they would!!Hi Evan, Thank you for asking! We do deliver to Salamander Bay 2317. This means your shipping will be free, as will any firmness swaps or returns during the 100 night trial. :) Kind Regards, Team Sleeping Duck

I am thinking of getting a new mattress and have looked at all the reviews. One review states that it is cooler and others have said that they have felt warmer. My last mattress purchased was a pillow top and when I first got it I found that it made me hot as I tended to sink into the mattress. Does the Sleeping duck do the same and although I am a side sleeper should I go the firm mattress. I use to prefer a firm mattress but now I am a bit older like it a bit softer but your reviews also state that the medium is softer than normal.
I am a side sleeper and I like the slightly soft "medium", as it doesn't distort my spine. I have not felt hot between the mattress and my body.Hi Polly, Thank you for taking the time to write your question. It is true that sometimes the more you sink into the mattress the warmer it may feel, as it essentially creates a pocket of heat. Some customers do try swapping from a medium to a firm if they find they sleep a little warm and it can help. However we would recommend starting on a firmness that you think will be right for your sleep style and preference, and then if need be modifying further for things such as heat if it becomes an issue. Our mattress is a little on the softer side for both firm and medium compared to what some customers expect. But it's worth noting that no matter which you start on you will be able to change your firmness after the first 21 nights, for free. If you have any questions or concerns also do not hesitate to get in touch with us at info@sleepingduck.com or call us at 1800 667 196. We'd be happy to help. Kind Regards, Team Sleeping Duck :)

Medium SingleMedium King SingleMedium DoubleMedium QueenMedium KingFirm SingleFirm King SingleFirm DoubleFirm QueenFirm KingHalf-Half QueenHalf-Half King
Price (RRP) $799$899$1,099$1,349$1,449$799$899$1,099$1,349$1,449$1,349$1,449
Type Pocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket Spring
FirmnessMediumMediumMediumMediumMediumFirmFirmFirmFirmFirmCustomisableCustomisable
SizeSingleKing SingleDoubleQueenKingSingleKing SingleDoubleQueenKingQueenKing
Thickness30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm
Country of ManufactureAustraliaAustraliaAustraliaAustraliaAustraliaAustraliaAustraliaAustraliaAustraliaAustraliaAustraliaAustralia
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)

Similar listings