Sleeping Duck Pro Mattress

Firm, Half-Half and Medium
4.8 from 1,315 reviews

Total Bliss

Total Bliss.
Perfect nights sleep. Like sleeping on a cloud. A girlfriend told me about it after she got one. I was wary, and especially when it came rolled up. But it is just brilliant.

Purchased for $1,300.00.

Heat Retention No
SaggingNo
Perceived FirmnessSoft

Love my sleeping duck

Such a comfortable mattress. I had sore hips and shoulders from sleeping on a mattress which was to soft but now I wake up feeling great. It still feels and looks like it did the day I opened the box. The only downfall I have had is my kids keep sleeping in my bed now as they dont like their mattresses. Will have to buy them one now.

Purchased for $1,300.00.

Sleeping PositionSide
Adjustment PeriodDays
Discomfort No
Heat Retention No
SaggingNo
Perceived FirmnessMedium

SOOO Comfortable!!

I was a bit wary about buying a mattress in a box and I was prepared to send it back if I wasn't happy. I was also worried that the firm would be too firm, but we have found the mattress to be extremely comfortable and supportive from the first night. I sleep very lightly and have found no partner disturbance. My husband has a history of back pain but has no complaints so far. We won't be sending the mattress back.

Purchased .

I can’t believe everyone’s not sleeping on these.

The mattress is just perfect,wake up every morning without a sore back.
Sleep has been solid ever since getting this mattress

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Great product and would highly recommend!

Such an easy shopping and delivery experience, very refreshing after traipsing around mattress stores. Very easy to unpack and set up, my husband and I both love it! We have the king mattress so it's a bit heavy when lifting to change the sheets (60kg I think!) but is super comfortable and we've been sleeping well on it over the past few months.

Back to GREAT sleeps!

I must admit I was a little sceptical about the whole mattress in a box concept. I did alot of research about all different mattresses and thought I would have nothing to lose by giving Sleeping Duck a go, since there were so many good reviews. I visited the showroom in Melbourne first and was pleasently surprised by the quality and comfort - so I got home and ordered one straight away. In less than 24 hours, our Sleeping Duck had arrived - we have slept so well since, not waking up in the night uncomfortable, no more 'roll together', don't feel my partner move and don't feel like I havn't slept when I wake up in the morning. We ordered the firm mattress and it is spot on in terms of support and comfort. I also got the Sleeping Duck pillow (for free) as an online promotion. The pillow is flatter and quite a bit firmer than what I am used to, but once again, I have not been disappointed - the combination of the mattress and pillow have really enhanced our sleep over the last two months - looking forward to many more great sleeps! Will definitely be back for another Sleeping Duck when the time comes and may even invest in one for the guest bed. Sleeping Duck delivery and customer service has also been outstanding.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Peking duck

We bought a king size pro duck.
I had a lot of fun watching it expand, although less fun lifting it afterwards.
We just had a new bub and my wife was worried about the fumes /smell from the foam so it sat in the spare room, foam pulled out for about 2 weeks.
After that it was pure pleasure lying on the mattress. My last one was a posturpedic which I paid around 5k for, and this blows it out of the water for comfort and support.

I haven't thought about my back until writing this review, I used to wake up with an achy breaky back, and just thought I was getting old. No. Mattress makes all the difference, I haven't had that morning ache for about a month now.
Quality of sleep is hard to report on, as I'm currently only getting a few hours at a time, but I am finding it very easy to get back to sleep.
The quality of the mattress is of a high standard, and the materials feel nice to sleep on.
It was a little weird unzipping the top and looking at the foam, as foam looks cheap to me no matter what the quality.
I really hope this mattress lasts a while, it is very comfortable and has held its shape and feel for two months so far.
Wife also gives it the thumbs up.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Juggernaut, Thank you for your thorough review. Our Duck is a little on the heavy side. We also definitely recommend removing the foams to help air it out during the day if you find the smell strong at first. It's great to hear that it has helped your back. But never hesitate to get in touch if you have any concerns or questions regarding your mattress. Kind Regards, Team Sleeping Duck :)

Soooo happy

We decided to try a Sleeping duck mattress after our old mattress(king koil) needed repairing after only 3 years. Best decision we could’ve made. Very comfortable and supportive and sleeping like a baby now

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Thank you for your review David! We're so glad to hear that you're sleeping so well on your Duck. :)

Best customer service I've ever received

Unfortunately the sleeping duck didn't work out for me. I suffer from Osteoarthritis of the spine, which cause bulging discs and sciatica. I emailed the sleeping duck people and they sent me a firmer insert, which was super easy to swap. I tried every customisation, but unfortunately they didn't help with all my aches and pains. I sent another email, they collected the mattress and my money was refunded straight away. The customer service I received over the 100 night trial, was the best that I've ever received. I highly recommend them. You have 100 nights to trial this mattress, and a full refund if unfortunately the mattress doesn't fit your needs.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi Jojo, thank you for your review and feedback! We're sorry it wasn't a comfortable fit, but we appreciate that you gave us a go. We wish you all the best in finding the right mattress in the future. :)

Poor matress and poor after sales support

The mattress started off being comfortable enough but over the past few months, the comfort level has dropped and dropped, so much so I have serious back and neck issues now which require medical attention.

I would have thought Sleeping Duck Customer Services would be able to help, as I requested if I could get one of their medium foams to see if this would alleviate the back problem. This is something they offer for FREE during the first 100 days, but alas I am over that time window, so they want to charge for a piece of foam, a piece of foam which I would have gotten complimentary some months back. It leaves a very bad taste in your mouth.

Secondly, they state that they follow up with their customers a few times post-purchase to see how they are getting on. I had no such contact at all with anyone from Sleeping Duck as if I had, I would have certainly tried the half and half, as I prefer a softer mattress than my wife. This is actually the main reason why I purchased this mattress as I knew I would be able to try the more medium foam but no one ever got onto me after my purchase to see how it was going.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Hi Ultan, Thanks for getting in touch about your recent correspondence with our team. Outside of the 100 night trial you do have the option to purchase the firmness foams for a fee. Your trial ended in August, you are now more than 150 days outside of your 100 night trial there will be a fee involved in any future firmness swaps. If you are wishing to go softer in your mattress you will need to get in touch and make the purchase, as per our email exchange. We get in touch with all our customers at the 40 day mark of having their mattress, to check in and see how they're doing. Our records show that we reached out with a follow up message on June 11th. If you wish to follow up or make a foam purchase please get directly in touch with our team. Kind Regards, Nichole @ Sleeping DuckHello, Can you let me know how you tried to contact me on the 11th of June as I have no record of any correspondence from any representative? This is the bone of contention as I would have opted to trial a more medium type mattress to see how it would work for my back. Finally, I am surprised that you do not acknowledge nor sympathize with my issues with this product at all and the back pain I am suffering because of it, which I think is quite telling from an after-sales support point of view. Thanks, UltanHi Ultan, We follow up with all our customers at the 40 day mark via text message. There was also a follow up email on Monday, June 25, 2018 at 9:47:06 AM, asking you to let us know how you were going with your new mattress. We encourage all of our customers to get in touch and take advantage of the free firmness swaps within the 100 night trial. We are sorry to hear you have recently had some back pain and wish to now go softer. As discussed, so far out of your trial there are fees involved in a firmness swap. Kind Regards, Nichole @ SD

Best mattress ever

Love my Sleeping Duck firm mattress and base. Having lower back issues and previous spinal surgery I have been through buying latex mattress, latex and memory foam, and in last 6 years, two Tempur mattresses (medium then firm). The Sleeping Duck gives me the best support ever and I can sleep on my stomach, on my side and on my back. I am waking more refreshed than I ever before and definitely recommend this bed.

Date PurchasedNov 2019
Thank you for the amazing review Louise! We're so happy to hear that you're finding the firm comfortable enough for all three sleeping positions. :)

Sleeping Duck Pro King Mattress Half & Half

After a not very good experience with an Eva (one firmness fits all) king bed mattress, we thought we'd give Sleeping Duck a go, especially with all the good reviews. Ordered the Sleeping Duck Pro king half and half; medium one side and firm the other. Turned up within a week which was pretty good as we are slightly rural. The box looked like it had done a few rounds with Mike Tyson, although the contents seemed unscathed. Very happy with the look and finish of the mattress. Unwrapping was fairly easy although SD don't provide a handy safety blade to remove plastic wrap like Eva did/do. I am 6ft 1", 110kgs with lower back issues so I was chasing something on the firmer side; my partner is 5ft 2" and 50kgs. Wife is very comfortable and happy with medium, says it's the best mattress we have ever had in our 30 years together. I had a bit of trouble as I feel SD's "firm" is a little on the soft side compared with my experience of firm in other mattresses. Had a chat with SD team, they were great and sent me some "extra firm" inserts that aren't listed on their site as an option. All in all it's now a good mattress for me and great mattress for partner.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Thank you for the thorough review and feedback. We'll definitely follow-up on your dust-up delivery, as well as a potentially safer way to unpack the mattress! It's great to hear that both you and your wife are enjoying the benefits of our customised sides. You're correct in that we do not offer the extra firm on our site at the moment for purchase -just as a firmness swap after purchase. We'd love to know if you have any further feedback for your extra firm side, just in case we can improve the mattress in the future to get that good to a great. Feel free to reply or email us at info@sleepingduck.com. Kind Regards, Team Sleeping Duck :)

Best mattress we have ever had.

Very comfortable for both of us. Very supportive of lower back. No partner disturbance. No sagging. Much better than other (expensive) brands. Best value for money.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Thank you for the review whosgordy. We're glad that you're getting the support you need for your lower back, with no partner disturbance to boot! :)

Best mattress bought so far

We were sceptical at first of a mattress in a box, but decided to give it a try.
So far it’s been better than a traditional mattress and the fact that my partner and I have two different firmness levels is amazing! Give it a try yourself!
In terms of sagging: we have only slept on it for five months, and are yet to notice any sagging...time will tell!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Thank you for the review Craig! It's great to hear that the half-half option has been helping you both get comfortable. We're confident that your mattress will stand the test of time, but if you ever have any questions you can always get in touch. We'd be happy to help! Kind Regards, Team Sleeping Duck :)

Don't waste your hard earned money

This mattresses was good for maybe the first 6 months but after that, its just terrible. The topper bunched up all the time and constantly having to unzip it and realign them was so annoying! Weve had it for 2 years and im literally in so much pain. Theres no support at all, the mattress sags in the middle with absolutely NO support if you are sleeping with anyone next to you. (yes i have the correct base for it and flipped it every 1-2 months) the foam is so cheap and flat now im so angry that i wasted my money on this mattress and now i have to buy a new one. Don't get me started on how hot this mattress makes you. And yes ive tried EVERYTHING to attempt to cool down. Cotton, bamboo and no sheets made no difference.
I dont think there would be a point in contacting them considering the reviews i just read. Im now visiting the chiro to help me.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Sophsoph92, Thank you for your review and feedback, we're sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your mattress. It definitely doesn't sound right or normal, and we'd really like the chance to investigate these issues for you. If you could contact us at info@sleepingduck.com or on 1800 667 196 at your earliest convenience we'd be happy to help. Kind Regards, Team Sleeping Duck

Best purchase

Have purchased a few mattresses in the last couple of years but this has been the most comfortable and cheapest one so far. Will never buy a mattress from the big retailers ever again.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Sandy! Thank you so much for the 5 star review. We're glad that you're finding your new Duck so comfortable. :)

Happy customer

Happy surprise, a product that lives up to the advertising. The bed and base were delivered earlier than promised and instructions were clear. It is bliss to sleep on. As Goldilocks would have said, “ not too hard,not too soft, just right”.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Thank you for the review Desley, we're so glad to hear that you're loving your Duck and bed base. :)

best mattress

bought my mattress & base 9 months ago from the first night l have slept really well and no longer wake up with hip or neck pain l have the medium and it is perfect for me not too soft or too firm just right! thank you for your wonderful product and watching it puff up was quite entertaining!

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Thank you for the 5 stars Marian. We're glad that you're finding your Duck so comfortable and fun to watch! :)

Best Mattress Ever

We have been using our Sleeping Duck Pro Mattress for approx. 6 weeks now and couldn't be happier. We shopped for weeks until we came across Sleeping Duck. We were able to try instore in Sydney which was a bonus but even if you cant you wont regret your purchase. The price and service was amazing and the comfort is streets ahead of mattresses three times the price. No longer are we waking up tired.

Thank you Sleeping Duck!!

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Thank you for the amazing review Scott! We're so happy to hear that you're loving your new Duck, and waking up with a bit more spring in your step. :)

It's all it's quacked up to be!

Thanks Sleeping Duck it's made a world of difference. HIGHLY recommend the medium sleeping duck mattress in a King Size, amazing! We both sleep so much better now, it's just a really great mattress.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Thanks for the quacking review Jemma! We're stoked to hear that you're enjoying your Duck, after all there's nothing better than a good nights sleep. :)

Frequently Asked Questions about Sleeping Duck Pro Mattress

How do I order a Sleeping Duck Mattress? Where do they deliver?

Sleeping Duck mattresses can be ordered online, and can be delivered to most Australian locations. They also have a limited selection of retail locations. You can order a Sleeping Duck mattress online from their online store (sleepingduck.com/au).

What does a Half-Half mean with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck mattresses are customisable from the factory, meaning that different segments of the mattress can be softer or firmer to your preference. A Half-Half mattress means that one half of the mattress is medium, while the other half is firm. Contact Sleeping Duck at 1800 667 196 for more information.

How warm does a Sleeping Duck Mattress get?

As a hybrid mattress, the warmth of a Sleeping Duck mattress is generally between a spring-based mattress and a foam-based mattress. If you feel too warm, changing the fabric type of your bed sheet or fitted sheet can help.

Can I use with an electric blanket with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

Sleeping Duck have stated that you can safely use an electric blanket with their mattresses. However, as sustained heat sources can soften memory foam, Sleeping Duck recommends that you only turn on your electric blanket for a couple of hours before you go to sleep.

Can I comfortably sleep on my side with a Sleeping Duck Mattress?

A Sleeping Duck mattress can be used with most sleep preferences, including with sleeping on your side. Side sleepers may mostly prefer the medium firmness configuration for their mattress.

Latest Consumer Questions

do you put micro pocket springs in the pillow top on the mattress

I've spent quite a bit of time reading reviews here (good and bad). I see many people posting glowing reviews at first and several who are disappointed with two aspects after time. The three main issues with this product appear to be: 1/ Lack of heat dissipation due to foam and plastic backing. 2/ Sagging of the mattress after only a short amount of time, around shoulders and hips and also if you sit on the sides of the bed to put shoes on etc. 3/ Creasing of the pillow top area, creating uncomfortable wrinkles to sleep on. One person has suggested that the reason there are so many positive reviews is because Sleeping Duck encourages buyers to post reviews immediately and that few people follow up when things go wrong. Given that it is human nature to complain and the internet provides an accessible medium through which to do so ... I am really confused about this product. Commonsense suggests that $1,300 mattress is not going to be better than a $5,000 mattress, but if yo read the reviews for top brands, many of them are far worse than any of the negative reviews for this product and their overall scores are lower. I understand I can order, try for 100 days and return for a refund ... but I don't want to pack up my waterbed, lug a 50kgs mattress and 40kg base up stairs and then find after a short while that your mattress is not for me, necessitating packing up that bed, lugging it back downstairs, awaiting a pickup and then a refund and then searching for another bed to sleep on, potentially repeating that whole process. I'd like to be a little more confident than I am after reading all these reviews. Given that there are 3 commonly reported issues with your product that have nothing to do with personal choice, body size or circumstance ... Have the company taken any steps to correct these repeatedly reported issues or am I better to just avoid this purchase? I invite long terms users of this product to respond ... tell us how your mattress is after a year or more!

I have recently moved house with my sleeping duck mattress, and there is now a large hump along the middle after being stood on its side. Will this go away by itself, or do I need to do something to fix it?

Medium SingleMedium King SingleMedium DoubleMedium QueenMedium KingFirm SingleFirm King SingleFirm DoubleFirm QueenFirm KingHalf-Half QueenHalf-Half King
Price (RRP) $799.00$899.00$1,099.00$1,349.00$1,449.00$799.00$899.00$1,099.00$1,349.00$1,449.00$1,349.00$1,449.00
Type Pocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket SpringPocket Spring
FirmnessMediumMediumMediumMediumMediumFirmFirmFirmFirmFirmCustomisableCustomisable
SizeSingleKing SingleDoubleQueenKingSingleKing SingleDoubleQueenKingQueenKing
Thickness30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm30 cm
Country of ManufactureAustraliaAustraliaAustraliaAustraliaAustraliaAustraliaAustraliaAustraliaAustraliaAustraliaAustraliaAustralia
Manufacturer Warranty10 years10 years10 years10 years10 years10 years10 years10 years10 years10 years10 years10 years

Similar listings