Sleeping Duck Mattress Firm Queen

Read now

2.8

Bigalbaby

BigalbabySydney Surrounds, NSW

A very comfortable mattress but not perfect

The sleeping duck mattress has improved our sleep but I find it a hot mattress to sleep on, having a bad back it has improved this situation greatly for me, my wife sleeps like a little puppy on it so that is the main thing. When getting into bed it dips a bit on the side but when you are in, you are in, all ok.

Purchased in December 2019 for A$1,480.00.

Sleeping PositionSide
Adjustment PeriodDays
Caused DiscomfortNo

Review collected in partnership with Sleeping Duck

Bal DSydney, NSW

Great at first. Stuffed after 2.8 years

Purchased in October 2016 for A$1,249.00.

Sleeping PositionBack
Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Sleeping D.Sleeping Duck

Hey Don, thanks for posting a review. I'd really like to look into this further. Would you mind sending through your order details to info@sleepingduck.com we'd love to remedy the situation. :) Team SD.

Bal D

Could not be happier; just love this mattress

I am very happy with this mattress. The support and comfort is fantastic. I suffer from back aches and pains; which have eased considerably since purchasing the Sleeping Duck QB medium/firm mattress. My partner is usually a restless sleeper which always disrupted my sleep, but if he moves or gets up during the night now i don’t even notice because of it’s non disturb qualities.
We have had it now for over three months and are happy with its durability; it has not sagged or indented at all and is holding its firmness.
I really could not be happier with the product and the service that was received from Sleeping Duck, I have and will continue to highly recommend them to anyone who asks.

Purchased in February 2019.

Sleeping PositionBack

Mattresses

Find out how Sleeping Duck Mattress Firm Queen compares to other Mattresses

Paul

PaulHobart, TAS

The firm is still too soft

Bought this mattress after a careful research and comparison due to the last one was obviously not firm enough. To be honest I was quite disappointed as I chose firm and had high expectation on it. Even had more sleeping problems than before. It is uncomfortably soft and sinks dramatically wherever you sit.

Purchased in October 2018 for A$1,200.00.

Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Pre-existing Neck / Back IssuesNo

Too soft and uncomfortable

I decided to get rid of my last one just because I felt that was too soft. After careful research I bought this one and got quite disappointed, it is still too soft and sinks heavily whereever I sit and even had more sleeping problems than before. They also gave the delivery wrong address.

Purchased in October 2018 for A$1,200.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Pre-existing Neck / Back IssuesNo
See all Sleeping Duck Mattress reviews

Bella Norton

Bella Nortonasked

Firm Queen

How firm is firm? I really dislike a too soft mattress but also need it to be cool!
Does you product provide both of these criteria?
Bella Norton

Paul Ryan
Paul Ryan

Hi Bella,
I weight near 80kgs....the bed is just right....Goldilocks right...not too hard and not too soft.....

Hi Bella,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at SDHQ.

Great question! Firmness and comfort are very subjective to the individuals preferences and experiences of a mattress so it can be a little tricky to pin point.

We find the Firm does provide the perfect amount of support, paired with our Anti Gravity foam with provides the comfort and contouring to your body.

To begin with you will have the option of either Medium or Firm but after the initial 21 nights on your Duck, I’m pleased to say that we do offer an Extra Firm Precision Pad (as well as a Soft) as a free firmness adjustment.

In regards to heat retention, the foams within the Duck are air grown in a pressure chamber, this technique allows us to control certain variables and eliminate any imperfections. The foams in turn will then be 8x more breathable than latex and memory foams with an increased longevity and durability.

Additionally, our individually wrapped pocket springs are designed to move independently, helping eliminate partner disturbance and as well as promote air flow.

I hope this helps but please feel free to ask us any further questions!

Kind regards,
SDHQ

Em.asked

Firm Queen

We find the sheets keep slipping off. What are we doing wrong? Comfortable otherwise. Could it be the mattress protector? We bought several new pairs of organic cotton sheets with deep wall on fitted sheets I.e. 50 cm.

Hi Em!

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

We tend to get this kind of feedback from people who are more on the 'restless sleeper' side of things.

For example, we manufacture our Sleeping Duck sheets to be a little deeper (39cm) to ensure that they fit the depth of our mattress which is 31cm. However, I'm sure this extra length could potentially assist in the sheets wriggling upwards throughout the night - which I can understand would be a tad frustrating.

I would recommend ensuring that the sheets have been completely fitted over the sides of the mattress.

Let us know if you have any other questions, or if there's anything else our team can assist you with.

Kindest Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck :)

Em.

thanks but that's not really practical when one has arthritis and the mattress weighs heavy. I sleep well despite this and never have any neck or back aches.... that's the most important quality! I might try a less slippery mattress protector and see if that helps.

Randajaasked

Firm Queen

I would like to use my existing base. It has wooden slats 7 cm wide and about 11 cm apart. They are covered with some material which provides a little bit of padding over the slats. Are there any problems using an existing base?

Hi Randaja,

Thanks for your enquiry!

Our mattress can be used on an existing base, given that it does meet our requirements in terms of the structure and centre support to ensure the mattress will uphold the 10 year longevity.

If you have a slatted bed base, you need to ensure the slats aren't anymore than 8cm apart. Queen and King sizes also require adequate centre support.

To find out more about what this means you can find diagrams and descriptions on the Warranty Page (https://www.sleepingduck.com/au/warranty/) on our website.

If you are unsure, feel free to send through some photos to info@sleepingduck.com and we will be happy to have a further look into it.

Kind Regards,