Sleeping Duck Mattress Firm Queen

Sleeping Duck Mattress Firm Queen

Mattresses Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of mattress would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

Sleeping Duck Mattress In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

SusanL

SusanLWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

I'm converted

The mattress is very comfortable and supportive.
I used to ache in bed, legs, hips, lower back, now so much better.
I'm sleeping much better, waking much more rested. It's amazing.
I hope it will be durable, only had it a couple of months, coming into summer worried about the heat as we live in Qld. Shape and firmness so far so good.

Purchased in June 2020 at The Sleeping Giant Online store for A$1,499.00.

Sleeping PositionFront
Caused Discomfort Yes

CintyM

CintyMPerth, WA

Sleeping like a baby

Tried the medium for 4 weeks, gorgeous to sleep on but not firm enough for us. SD were great, firm inserts arrived, my hip pain & husband’s back pain has resolved.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks

Mrs M Tinkerbottoms

Mrs M Tinkerbottoms

In love with this mattress

I love this mattress. This is what I say to myself every night when I go to bed and every morning when I wake up. I don't know how they make it so firm and yet so soft at the same time. I also really like the Sleeping Duck bed base which just adds to the comfort and support levels and is not bulky or overly 'designed' like some of the other options. Service and delivery exceptional too.

Jinie F.

Jinie F.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very Comfortable, but gets hot

Purchased in June 2020 at online sleeping duck for A$1,449.00.

BarbaraC

BarbaraCSouthwest, VIC

This mattress is great

Having this mattress was a new and great experience. It was delivered promptly. It is a firm mattress but with pillow top and we are getting a good nights sleep at long last. I love that if we were not happy with our mattress we could return it. And these mattresses are not exorbitantly priced. Of course the longevity of the mattress is yet to be seen, but it was given a very good rating by Choice so I’m confident it will perform well.

Purchased in June 2020 at On line for A$1,600.00.

Karen Davis

Karen DavisGippsland, VIC

Best nights sleep ever

Our firm mattress is amazingly comfortable. I am unable to feel my husband move in bed despite him being right next to me. My husband and I both live very active lifestyles and being over 50 have some aches and pains, we both have noticed a vast improvement in our discomfort during sleep and during the day. We both sleep much better and enjoy the warmth, particularly as its winter. We have had no sagging or indents from lying in the same positions.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1,449.00.

JoVictoria

Highly Satisfying Bed Partner

Very supportive, firm not hard..I have no significant musculoskeletal issues but feel achy on waking if a bed is too soft or saggy. This is not happening. Haven't had the mattress long but it feels sturdy and I never feel any change when my partner gets out of bed..no change in my side.. Brilliant.. ( I don't even know he's gone!::)) I also want to comment on the packing style..very compact, less freight energy used and the pre and post purchase communication with Sleeping Duck is admirable..in this mad world.. refreshing.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$1,495.00.

Jo

My sleeping and waking pleasure..Jo x

PatriciaK

PatriciaKGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love it

Very happy with this mattress, it is so comfortable and there is no partner disturbance through the night. We are both getting a better night sleep and are waking refreshed. Well done Sleeping Duck.

Purchased in June 2020 at None for A$1,499.00.

Leigh Sweetnam

Leigh SweetnamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best mattress, great nights sleep

I have a bad back and this mattress has made sleeping much better. I find it very comfortable and supportive. My wife has had a hip replacement and she is sleeping much better since changing over to our new sleeping-duck mattress. We both agree, best mattress we have bought at a great price very happy.

bopper

The product is fine, however, the aftercare service (warranty) is nonexistent when lodging a warranty claim

We found the after service care on a defective product (Hyper Adaptive Foam) to be not supported by the manufacturer, leaving us extremely disappointed and frustrated with their product, the has been a lack of customer support and engagement in rectifying the warranty issue.

Purchased in July 2020.

Sleeping D.Sleeping Duck

Lived up to all expectations

Researched this mattress for two year.
It arrived 4 working days from Melbourne to my home, in Hobart, in Covid lockdown times.
Packaging is amazing.
My partner and I are very different in size. I am 50kg and 150cms and he is 70 kgs and 200cms.
I chose the firm mattress to minimise movement disruption.
I am a poor sleeper my partner is a heavy sleeper.
The mattress is thicker than I imagined which is fantastic.
We have both found the mattress has met all expectations. Oh and the cat adores it.

Purchased in May 2020.

MichelleG

MichelleGMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best sleep ever!!!!

Absolutely fantastic sleep since purchasing our sleeping duck mattress, Only trouble is we don’t want to get out of bed!! Can’t recommend the service and product enough , highly recommend to all ages !!!! 5⭐️

Review collected in partnership with Sleeping Duck

It is very comfortable haven't had any issues, I amp having a great night's sleep.
I look forward to many years of perfect sleep.
I believe it will be durable and keep its shape.

Purchased in June 2020 at Sleeping Duck.

Comfortable but restless.

Got a sleeping duck recently.
Wake up in sweats most nights because the foam does not breathe at all, it’s a very hot mattress.
If you sleep hot at all, this is not the mattress for you.

Purchased in May 2020.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Louise

LouiseSouth East Queensland, QLD

I love my bed it’s amazing!

I chose firm and to be honest I was surprised it was so perfect for me! It’s so comfortable. The mattress is the perfect firmness. As long as you answer the questionnaire you should be able to find the perfect fit for you. I look forward to going to bed each night!

Alan Logan

Alan LoganGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolutely the best mattress we’ve ever had

My wife and I were both waking up with hip and lower back aches and pains. Within a few days of sleeping on our new Sleeping Duck firm mattress they were gone - period. We love it and wish we’d changed sooner.

Good experience.

We ordered the medium, but ended up finding it a bit too soft. Was no problem when we asked for the firm. The night we swapped it out, we instantly felt at home in our bed. Nice and comfy but very supportive. Thankyou for a a great, no hassel experience.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$1,500.00.

Annie

AnnieNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Absolutely perfect

Cannot recommend this company or their mattresses highly enough.
Well done Sleeping Duck for producing a fantastic product. Very very happy customer, STOP look no further simply the best product.

Sleeping PositionFront

Bradley F.

Bradley F.Perth, WA

Simply won't find better

we Love going to bed at night knowing its going to be comfy and nice.
I suffered a Motorbike accident in 1998 as a result of that I suffer from aches and pain everyday but since my Sleeping Duck mattress arrived its been nothing but Happy Days pai wise very minimal, my wife has sore hips when she sleeps, not any more.
Slèep has improved so much its Awesome thank you.
No sagging

Purchased in June 2020 for A$1,500.00.

Sagging Yes
Liam P.

Liam P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No more lower-back pain

It’s my first ever firm mattress and I was worried it would feel like the floor, but it’s actually super comfy and didn’t take long for my body to adjust. I woke up with lower-back pain every morning, but I just thought it was from my training and exercise. Since I’ve changed to Sleeping Duck I now wake up with minimal back pain. I am able to lift the toilet seat with out pain haha!! I’m super Heavyweight athlete and the bed can support my weight and even when I am close to the edge of the bed too, so sturdy!!

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1,449.00.

See all Sleeping Duck Mattress reviews

Em.asked

Firm Queen

We find the sheets keep slipping off. What are we doing wrong? Comfortable otherwise. Could it be the mattress protector? We bought several new pairs of organic cotton sheets with deep wall on fitted sheets I.e. 50 cm.

Hi Em!

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

We tend to get this kind of feedback from people who are more on the 'restless sleeper' side of things.

For example, we manufacture our Sleeping Duck sheets to be a little deeper (39cm) to ensure that they fit the depth of our mattress which is 31cm. However, I'm sure this extra length could potentially assist in the sheets wriggling upwards throughout the night - which I can understand would be a tad frustrating.

I would recommend ensuring that the sheets have been completely fitted over the sides of the mattress.

Let us know if you have any other questions, or if there's anything else our team can assist you with.

Kindest Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck :)

Em.

thanks but that's not really practical when one has arthritis and the mattress weighs heavy. I sleep well despite this and never have any neck or back aches.... that's the most important quality! I might try a less slippery mattress protector and see if that helps.

Randajaasked

Firm Queen

I would like to use my existing base. It has wooden slats 7 cm wide and about 11 cm apart. They are covered with some material which provides a little bit of padding over the slats. Are there any problems using an existing base?

Hi Randaja,

Thanks for your enquiry!

Our mattress can be used on an existing base, given that it does meet our requirements in terms of the structure and centre support to ensure the mattress will uphold the 10 year longevity.

If you have a slatted bed base, you need to ensure the slats aren't anymore than 8cm apart. Queen and King sizes also require adequate centre support.

To find out more about what this means you can find diagrams and descriptions on the Warranty Page (https://www.sleepingduck.com/au/warranty/) on our website.

If you are unsure, feel free to send through some photos to info@sleepingduck.com and we will be happy to have a further look into it.

Kind Regards,