Sleeping Duck Mattress Firm Queen

Sleeping Duck Mattress Firm Queen

Mattresses Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of mattress would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

Sleeping Duck Mattress In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

4.3

Ian C

Ian CSydney, NSW

Very happy with our mattress

We are now sleeping more deeply. We changed the firmness level on onside of our sleeping duck and found that firm is best for us. I had done some research and found the price of sleeping duck mattress was good value.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$1,449.00.

Jinie F.

Jinie F.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very Comfortable, but gets hot

Purchased in June 2020 at online sleeping duck for A$1,449.00.

Karen Davis

Karen DavisGippsland, VIC

Best nights sleep ever

Our firm mattress is amazingly comfortable. I am unable to feel my husband move in bed despite him being right next to me. My husband and I both live very active lifestyles and being over 50 have some aches and pains, we both have noticed a vast improvement in our discomfort during sleep and during the day. We both sleep much better and enjoy the warmth, particularly as its winter. We have had no sagging or indents from lying in the same positions.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1,449.00.

bopper

The product is fine, however, the aftercare service (warranty) is nonexistent when lodging a warranty claim

We found the after service care on a defective product (Hyper Adaptive Foam) to be not supported by the manufacturer, leaving us extremely disappointed and frustrated with their product, the has been a lack of customer support and engagement in rectifying the warranty issue.

Purchased in July 2020.

Very happy

It's lovely to wake up and not struggling to get out of bed with a sore lower back. My overall sleep quality has greatly improved. The customer service when initially looking at purchasing the bed & the base was so helpful. Delivery was quick! Very happy - thanks.

Comfortable but restless.

Got a sleeping duck recently.
Wake up in sweats most nights because the foam does not breathe at all, it’s a very hot mattress.
If you sleep hot at all, this is not the mattress for you.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Louise

LouiseSouth East Queensland, QLD

I love my bed it’s amazing!

I chose firm and to be honest I was surprised it was so perfect for me! It’s so comfortable. The mattress is the perfect firmness. As long as you answer the questionnaire you should be able to find the perfect fit for you. I look forward to going to bed each night!

Purchased in March 2020.

Bradley F.

Bradley F.Perth, WA

Simply won't find better

we Love going to bed at night knowing its going to be comfy and nice.
I suffered a Motorbike accident in 1998 as a result of that I suffer from aches and pain everyday but since my Sleeping Duck mattress arrived its been nothing but Happy Days pai wise very minimal, my wife has sore hips when she sleeps, not any more.
Slèep has improved so much its Awesome thank you.
No sagging

Purchased in June 2020 for A$1,500.00.

Sagging Yes
VickiS

VickiSGippsland, VIC

Now look forward to going to bed

Initially deciding between firm or medium topper was difficult as my husband likes firm and I prefer a little softer but with the option to exchange either side we went with a firm top.
I was pleasantly surprised as I no longer wake with back or shoulder pain.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$1,499.00.

JanelleO

JanelleOMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ahhhhhh!

Purchased in April 2020 at Sleeping Duck for A$1,500.00.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Perceived Firmness Very Hard

BrettM

BrettMGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great nights sleep

Since buying the Sleeping Duck our nights have improved immensely. We are sleeping better and the mattress is so comfortable. We purchased a firm mattress and haven't looked back. I have recommended Sleeping Duck to numerous friends since getting ours. Love it.

Susan  C.

Susan C.Victoria

So comfortable with great support

I cannot believe how comfortable and supportive the mattress is, I have a sore hip and do not wake with it hurting anymore & the pillow is perfection for my neck!

Purchased in May 2020 at On-line.

Jack C

Jack CGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Restful nights

Bed supports your body so we are sleeping better and waking up refreshed with no aches and pains we had previously. Bed has stayed firm, with no sagging. Should have changed to a Sleeping Duck mattress sooner!

Purchased in May 2020 at On-line.

Sleeping TOO heavy!!!!!!

Liking floating on a mattress.
Has fixed back problem and eased neck soreness.
Sleep is a lot heavier...PROBLEMS WITH BOTH OF US SNORING!!!
Only had mattress for about 6 weeks, still the same, but other mattresses usually cave-in after about 4 years, have to wait and see about the Sleeping Duck...great so far!

Purchased in April 2020 for A$1,500.00.

Perceived Firmness Soft
Hedley

HedleyPerth, WA

Amazingly Comfortable & Amazing Service.

Purchased in April 2020 at Online for A$1,449.00.

Willow Salter

Willow SalterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Just amazing!

Before using this mattress I would always complain about pain in my back. I realised a few days ago that the pain completely stopped! It is so comfortable, really supports my front and has maintained its shape in the month I’ve had it so far. Even my friends who have stayed a few times love it!

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1,449.00.

Sleeping PositionFront and Side

I do love it

I love this mattress. Very surprised actually. I do wish it could be slightly firmer (I have firm) but it's not enough for me to still not give it 5 stars. I do also notice a bit of warmth from the latex but once again, I still love it anyway. Just so comfortable. I've only had it for about 2 months so I guess time will tell whether it maintains it's shape but it has a warranty and the service has been great so I'm not concerned.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$1,500.00.

Tanya price
Tanya price

Sorry, my bad. It does tend to retain heat a little but not enough that I don't like it. I have been in touch and organsed an extra firm your customer service is fantastic and like you say, 100 day guarantee, you can't go wrong.

Worth the fuss!

The mattress offers amazing all over body support. My sleep have greatly improved. Highly recommended. Special mention to the customer service support as promises have been delivered. I am very impressed!

Purchased in April 2020.

What a difference!

I’ve suffered from lower back and neck pain for years but that’s all in the past. We’re both sleeping much better. Getting up in the morning is too hard now!

Purchased for A$1,300.00.

Barbara Boyle

Barbara BoyleGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best mattress ever

Had a bad back but so much better with my new mattress, wish I had bought one years ago. I am sleeping much better. Would recommend to anyone looking at getting one.

Purchased in April 2020.

See all Sleeping Duck Mattress reviews

Em.asked

Firm Queen

We find the sheets keep slipping off. What are we doing wrong? Comfortable otherwise. Could it be the mattress protector? We bought several new pairs of organic cotton sheets with deep wall on fitted sheets I.e. 50 cm.

Hi Em!

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

We tend to get this kind of feedback from people who are more on the 'restless sleeper' side of things.

For example, we manufacture our Sleeping Duck sheets to be a little deeper (39cm) to ensure that they fit the depth of our mattress which is 31cm. However, I'm sure this extra length could potentially assist in the sheets wriggling upwards throughout the night - which I can understand would be a tad frustrating.

I would recommend ensuring that the sheets have been completely fitted over the sides of the mattress.

Let us know if you have any other questions, or if there's anything else our team can assist you with.

Kindest Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck :)

Em.

thanks but that's not really practical when one has arthritis and the mattress weighs heavy. I sleep well despite this and never have any neck or back aches.... that's the most important quality! I might try a less slippery mattress protector and see if that helps.

Randajaasked

Firm Queen

I would like to use my existing base. It has wooden slats 7 cm wide and about 11 cm apart. They are covered with some material which provides a little bit of padding over the slats. Are there any problems using an existing base?

Hi Randaja,

Thanks for your enquiry!

Our mattress can be used on an existing base, given that it does meet our requirements in terms of the structure and centre support to ensure the mattress will uphold the 10 year longevity.

If you have a slatted bed base, you need to ensure the slats aren't anymore than 8cm apart. Queen and King sizes also require adequate centre support.

To find out more about what this means you can find diagrams and descriptions on the Warranty Page (https://www.sleepingduck.com/au/warranty/) on our website.

If you are unsure, feel free to send through some photos to info@sleepingduck.com and we will be happy to have a further look into it.

Kind Regards,