Sleeping Duck Mattress Firm Queen

Sleeping Duck Mattress Firm Queen

Mattresses Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of mattress would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

Sleeping Duck Mattress In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

2.3

Comfortable but restless.

Got a sleeping duck recently.
Wake up in sweats most nights because the foam does not breathe at all, it’s a very hot mattress.
If you sleep hot at all, this is not the mattress for you.

Purchased in May 2020.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Caused Discomfort No
Sagging No
Perceived Firmness Medium
Ben W.

Ben W.

Avoid at all costs if you are a hot sleeper

Purchased in November 2019 for A$1,349.00.

Sleeping PositionFront and Side
Sagging No
Perceived Firmness Hard
Paul

PaulHobart, TAS

The firm is still too soft

Bought this mattress after a careful research and comparison due to the last one was obviously not firm enough. To be honest I was quite disappointed as I chose firm and had high expectation on it. Even had more sleeping problems than before. It is uncomfortably soft and sinks dramatically wherever you sit.

Purchased in October 2018 for A$1,200.00.

Sagging Yes
Perceived Firmness Very Soft
Mattresses

Find out how Sleeping Duck Mattress Firm Queen compares to other Mattresses

Too soft and uncomfortable

I decided to get rid of my last one just because I felt that was too soft. After careful research I bought this one and got quite disappointed, it is still too soft and sinks heavily whereever I sit and even had more sleeping problems than before. They also gave the delivery wrong address.

Purchased in October 2018 for A$1,200.00.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Sagging Yes
Perceived Firmness Very Soft
See all Sleeping Duck Mattress reviews

Em.asked

Firm Queen

We find the sheets keep slipping off. What are we doing wrong? Comfortable otherwise. Could it be the mattress protector? We bought several new pairs of organic cotton sheets with deep wall on fitted sheets I.e. 50 cm.

Hi Em!

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

We tend to get this kind of feedback from people who are more on the 'restless sleeper' side of things.

For example, we manufacture our Sleeping Duck sheets to be a little deeper (39cm) to ensure that they fit the depth of our mattress which is 31cm. However, I'm sure this extra length could potentially assist in the sheets wriggling upwards throughout the night - which I can understand would be a tad frustrating.

I would recommend ensuring that the sheets have been completely fitted over the sides of the mattress.

Let us know if you have any other questions, or if there's anything else our team can assist you with.

Kindest Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck :)

Em.

thanks but that's not really practical when one has arthritis and the mattress weighs heavy. I sleep well despite this and never have any neck or back aches.... that's the most important quality! I might try a less slippery mattress protector and see if that helps.

Randajaasked

Firm Queen

I would like to use my existing base. It has wooden slats 7 cm wide and about 11 cm apart. They are covered with some material which provides a little bit of padding over the slats. Are there any problems using an existing base?

Hi Randaja,

Thanks for your enquiry!

Our mattress can be used on an existing base, given that it does meet our requirements in terms of the structure and centre support to ensure the mattress will uphold the 10 year longevity.

If you have a slatted bed base, you need to ensure the slats aren't anymore than 8cm apart. Queen and King sizes also require adequate centre support.

To find out more about what this means you can find diagrams and descriptions on the Warranty Page (https://www.sleepingduck.com/au/warranty/) on our website.

If you are unsure, feel free to send through some photos to info@sleepingduck.com and we will be happy to have a further look into it.

Kind Regards,