Sleeping Duck Mattress Firm Queen

Sleeping Duck Mattress Firm Queen

Mattresses Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of mattress would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

Sleeping Duck Mattress In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

CintyM

CintyMPerth, WA

Sleeping like a baby

Tried the medium for 4 weeks, gorgeous to sleep on but not firm enough for us. SD were great, firm inserts arrived, my hip pain & husband’s back pain has resolved.

GaryB.

GaryB.

The best mattress we have ever had

We bought a queen mattress with half firm and the other side medium for my wife. After about 14 days my wife decided to take up the free upgrade and chose firm. She absolutely loves it. Sleeps all night like a well behave baby, grand kids as well

Purchased in June 2020 at Sleeping Duck online for A$1,499.00.

JanelleO

JanelleOMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ahhhhhh!

Purchased in April 2020 at Sleeping Duck for A$1,500.00.

PatriciaR

PatriciaRGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

You won't be disappointed

Extremely happy. Started with medium which was super comfy but didn't quite relieve shoulder pain. The process of swapping to firm was very easy. Highly recommended. Thank you Sleeping Duck!!

Purchased in March 2020.

LesleyG

LesleyGGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Customer service excellence

Purchased in March 2020 at Sleeping Duck.

RuthyC

RuthyC

So comfy!!!

My sore back has much appreciated the new mattress! It’s firm but also soft. It offers great support and when I have my kids or partner in bed it doesn’t indent like other mattresses.

Purchased in May 2020.

BeeDob

BeeDobGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worth every penny!

Absolutely worth every penny! Great mattress
I have a back injury and desperately needed a new mattress. Even though this is a little more than the other mattress in a box, totally worth it. Only issue is, I can't sleep anywhere else!

Purchased in March 2020.

ssquared

ssquaredGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Almost perfect

Changed comfort level (med-firm). Easily sorted online. Surprised how quickly that happened. Innovative way of changing foam level. All great now. Only issue: the mattress is heavy and, for me, putting fitted sheets into place is awkward.

Purchased in February 2020 at Sleeping Duck.

jezza

jezzaSydney, NSW

A good night's sleep

I bought this after reading all the positive reviews. Ordering and delivery was easy. It IS a very heavy package! Mattress had a plasticky smell as many have already reported, but it dissipated within a few hours with my ceiling fan turned on.
I had ordered a hard mattress but after 3 weeks is was becoming too uncomfortable, so phoned up to switch to medium instead. The replacement process was just as easy, and now I can finally have a decent night's sleep!

Purchased in January 2020.

Liz D.

Liz D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Mattress

When we first got it i wasnt sure how good a mattress rolled up in a box would be. We got the firm mattress which is great for us, wouldn't want to go any softer than that. (would even like it a little firmer to be honest). I have some lower back pain that was just awful when getting up in the morning with our old mattress, sleeping on the duck seems to have greatly improved that pain. We have only had it for approx 6 weeks and so far so good. No sagging as of yet, I am interested to see how long it lasts. Great customer service. Would definately recommend this mattress although it does take a few weeks to break in and get used to so stick with it if at first your not sure about it.

Purchased in February 2020 at Sleeping duck for A$1,500.00.

Desireeh

DesireehSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Quality, Awesome Service

Sleep quality has improved greatly since owning our Sleeping Duck. Has helped a lot with back pain. Very impressed with the customer service, support and follow up, even months after purchase.

Purchased in January 2020 for A$2,000.00.

Joseph

JosephVictoria

Excellent product. Excellent support.

The mattress is excellent and we could not ask for any more. The staff support is equally good. All in all an excellent product and one to be recommended wholeheartedly.

Purchased in January 2020 for A$1,500.00.

Perceived Firmness Medium

the reviews don’t lie - this is a very comfy mattress

Hated my super hot latex king. Bought a queen half-half, preferred the firm, easy swap over. Has not alleviated back pain completely but mattress is super comfy and I look forward to sleeping on it nightly.

Purchased in January 2020.

Review collected in partnership with Sleeping Duck

Good night's sleep again!

Having slept on a sagging mattress for many years, Sleeping Duck has reacquainted me with the phrase 'good night's sleep'. Finally, no more waking through the night with an aching back. Comfortable firmness, no disturbance when partner rolls over, nice height (making it easier to get in and out of bed), and lightweight - all as promised upon purchase! Found the firmness a bit much at first, but only took a couple of weeks for the mattress to settle (as your staff reassured me it would). Can't fault the customer service, great price, quick delivery and easy to set up. Am very happy to recommend the product. Thank you Sleeping Duck!

Purchased in November 2019.

JohnK

JohnKGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't know why we waited so long to change our matress

Purchased in October 2019 for A$1,300.00.

Love it!

It really did take a few weeks to get used to the firmer mattress but after around 4 weeks it was the best purchase! We feel super supported, less aches and pains, and we never want to get out of bed.
Highly recommend and also recommend sticking with the mattress for a few weeks as you get used to it. We are now so glad we didn't swap from the firm.
Also the follow up customer service has been amazing.

Purchased in November 2019.

Review collected in partnership with Sleeping Duck

The Mattress is no longer firm

Purchased in December 2019 for A$1,200.00.

Sagging Yes
Perceived Firmness Soft
Jess R.

Jess R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Such a great mattress!

My Sleeping Duck mattress is the best mattress I've ever owned, hands down! The shipping was efficient, it arrived in 2 days. I have Osteo Arthritis in my lower spine and pain can be quite severe, but since owning my SD mattress, i haven't had an issue with back pain. I look forward to going to bed knowing that i am going to have an absolutely brilliant sleep.

Purchased in August 2019 for A$1,399.00.

SUPER COMFY - bestest ever

Mattress is more than I expected. It is like sleeping on a bed of feathers. The "SLEEPING DUCK' name certainly suits. I purchased the firm mattress and am very happy with it. No problems with just one person in the bed. It is very supportive. I am about to do my 2nd 30 day rotate and have found it is maintaining it's shape, no sagging when I sometimes sit on the edge and get dressed. Can be easily rotated and maneuvered with just 1 person. After just a few months I am very happy with my purchase.

Purchased in August 2019 for A$1,395.00.

Barry Smith

Barry SmithMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Pretty happy

Kept its shape so far. We ordered the firm but wasnt as firm as we had hoped. Took a while to get used to it, I am sleeping well but my wife is struggling with sleep still.

Purchased in July 2019.

See all Sleeping Duck Mattress reviews

Em.asked

Firm Queen

We find the sheets keep slipping off. What are we doing wrong? Comfortable otherwise. Could it be the mattress protector? We bought several new pairs of organic cotton sheets with deep wall on fitted sheets I.e. 50 cm.

Hi Em!

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

We tend to get this kind of feedback from people who are more on the 'restless sleeper' side of things.

For example, we manufacture our Sleeping Duck sheets to be a little deeper (39cm) to ensure that they fit the depth of our mattress which is 31cm. However, I'm sure this extra length could potentially assist in the sheets wriggling upwards throughout the night - which I can understand would be a tad frustrating.

I would recommend ensuring that the sheets have been completely fitted over the sides of the mattress.

Let us know if you have any other questions, or if there's anything else our team can assist you with.

Kindest Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck :)

Em.

thanks but that's not really practical when one has arthritis and the mattress weighs heavy. I sleep well despite this and never have any neck or back aches.... that's the most important quality! I might try a less slippery mattress protector and see if that helps.

Randajaasked

Firm Queen

I would like to use my existing base. It has wooden slats 7 cm wide and about 11 cm apart. They are covered with some material which provides a little bit of padding over the slats. Are there any problems using an existing base?

Hi Randaja,

Thanks for your enquiry!

Our mattress can be used on an existing base, given that it does meet our requirements in terms of the structure and centre support to ensure the mattress will uphold the 10 year longevity.

If you have a slatted bed base, you need to ensure the slats aren't anymore than 8cm apart. Queen and King sizes also require adequate centre support.

To find out more about what this means you can find diagrams and descriptions on the Warranty Page (https://www.sleepingduck.com/au/warranty/) on our website.

If you are unsure, feel free to send through some photos to info@sleepingduck.com and we will be happy to have a further look into it.

Kind Regards,