Sleeping Duck Mattress Firm Queen

Sleeping Duck Mattress Firm Queen

Mattresses Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of mattress would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

Sleeping Duck Mattress In-Depth Review

ProductReview.com.au's selected consumer review.

Warren M

Warren MVictoria

Never better

Extremely supportive especially since the firmness upgrade, Suffering with back problems as well as sleep apnea my general nights sleep has improved markedly so a positive impact for me.
The Duck is extremely well made and I believe durability will be no problem at all , believe me I have slept on a lot of different mattresse's & the level of options available with this mattress are unsurpassed.

Purchased at Online for A$1,499.00.

Leigh Sweetnam

Leigh SweetnamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best mattress, great nights sleep

I have a bad back and this mattress has made sleeping much better. I find it very comfortable and supportive. My wife has had a hip replacement and she is sleeping much better since changing over to our new sleeping-duck mattress. We both agree, best mattress we have bought at a great price very happy.

Purchased in June 2020.

Very happy

It's lovely to wake up and not struggling to get out of bed with a sore lower back. My overall sleep quality has greatly improved. The customer service when initially looking at purchasing the bed & the base was so helpful. Delivery was quick! Very happy - thanks.

Simone Gordon

Simone GordonCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Amazing

I totally love my new sleeping duck and it's a struggle to get out of bed now!! Super comfy and I suffer from back issues and that has improved since my sleeping duck arrived.

I also brought a sleeping duck for my dog and she loves her new bed just as much!

Customer service was amazing and would highly recommend sleeping duck's to anyone.

Life changing and thank you

Purchased in June 2020 at Direct through sleeping duck .

Perceived Firmness Soft

Comfortable but restless.

Got a sleeping duck recently.
Wake up in sweats most nights because the foam does not breathe at all, it’s a very hot mattress.
If you sleep hot at all, this is not the mattress for you.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Louise

LouiseSouth East Queensland, QLD

I love my bed it’s amazing!

I chose firm and to be honest I was surprised it was so perfect for me! It’s so comfortable. The mattress is the perfect firmness. As long as you answer the questionnaire you should be able to find the perfect fit for you. I look forward to going to bed each night!

Purchased in March 2020.

Miranda

MirandaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect!

Originally ordered the firm and after 21 days my partner and I felt we needed something more firm. I contacted their customer service and they organised a free foam swap- from firm to extra firm. It was super easy to do, the foam came within 2 days. We loveee our mattress and couldn't recommend Sleeping Duck enough!

Purchased in June 2020 for A$1,449.00.

Good experience.

We ordered the medium, but ended up finding it a bit too soft. Was no problem when we asked for the firm. The night we swapped it out, we instantly felt at home in our bed. Nice and comfy but very supportive. Thankyou for a a great, no hassel experience.

Bradley F.

Bradley F.Perth, WA

Simply won't find better

we Love going to bed at night knowing its going to be comfy and nice.
I suffered a Motorbike accident in 1998 as a result of that I suffer from aches and pain everyday but since my Sleeping Duck mattress arrived its been nothing but Happy Days pai wise very minimal, my wife has sore hips when she sleeps, not any more.
Slèep has improved so much its Awesome thank you.
No sagging

Purchased in June 2020 for A$1,500.00.

Sagging Yes

Liam P.

Liam P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No more lower-back pain

It’s my first ever firm mattress and I was worried it would feel like the floor, but it’s actually super comfy and didn’t take long for my body to adjust. I woke up with lower-back pain every morning, but I just thought it was from my training and exercise. Since I’ve changed to Sleeping Duck I now wake up with minimal back pain. I am able to lift the toilet seat with out pain haha!! I’m super Heavyweight athlete and the bed can support my weight and even when I am close to the edge of the bed too, so sturdy!!

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1,449.00.

VickiS

VickiSGippsland, VIC

Now look forward to going to bed

Initially deciding between firm or medium topper was difficult as my husband likes firm and I prefer a little softer but with the option to exchange either side we went with a firm top.
I was pleasantly surprised as I no longer wake with back or shoulder pain.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$1,499.00.

Anna Dezic

Anna DezicGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

perfect very comfortable

very comfortable and supportive having the best sleep since started using this mattress. Mattress has kept its shape not sagging in anyway to date. Would recommend it anyone looking perfect.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1,500.00.

True to Label

It is rare that a product delivers on and in excess of sales pitch. This one does!
-firm but comfortable
-does not overheat
-does not sag/dip
-less tossing/turning
-excellent after purchase service and "100 day peace of mind" guarantee

Ellen M.

Ellen M.Central West, NSW

Great investment!

We were skeptical about the mattress in a box. You know, you can't try before you buy etc (didn't want the headache of returns and such)... but it was worth it! We are both sleeping well & no more aches and pains on waking. Longevity yet to be determined (obviously), but great product initially & hopefully for a few years yet!

Purchased in March 2020 for A$1,500.00.

kathleen

kathleenVictoria

Great nights sleep

After waking up every morning with a sore back - and thinking it was just a "bad Back" I can now say that my problem is solved. This bed is very supportive and getting a better quality, longer nights sleep makes such a difference. We also purchased the bed frame, which looks good as well. I think it is important to check that your bed frame is also really supportive. How previous one was terrible. So well done Sleeping Duck - great bed!

Sleeping PositionBack, Front and Side

MichaelO

MichaelOGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Would highly reccomend

Best purchase I've made to date, would highly reccomend this product, i went straight to the firm matress, i wake up in the morning without a sore back anymore, Worth every cent!

Purchased in February 2020.

LesleyG

LesleyGGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Customer service excellence

Purchased in March 2020 at Sleeping Duck.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks
Caused Discomfort Yes
Perceived Firmness Very Hard

RuthyC

RuthyC

So comfy!!!

My sore back has much appreciated the new mattress! It’s firm but also soft. It offers great support and when I have my kids or partner in bed it doesn’t indent like other mattresses.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks

I do love it

I love this mattress. Very surprised actually. I do wish it could be slightly firmer (I have firm) but it's not enough for me to still not give it 5 stars. I do also notice a bit of warmth from the latex but once again, I still love it anyway. Just so comfortable. I've only had it for about 2 months so I guess time will tell whether it maintains it's shape but it has a warranty and the service has been great so I'm not concerned.

Tanya price
Tanya price

Sorry, my bad. It does tend to retain heat a little but not enough that I don't like it. I have been in touch and organsed an extra firm your customer service is fantastic and like you say, 100 day guarantee, you can't go wrong.

Very happy with our new mattress

We both started with medium firmness and the mattress was very comfortable but we still experienced some aches and pains. We swapped to the firm insert, a process that was simple and straighforward, and since then both of us have had a lot less physical discomfort.

Purchased in February 2020.

See all Sleeping Duck Mattress reviews

Em.asked

Firm Queen

We find the sheets keep slipping off. What are we doing wrong? Comfortable otherwise. Could it be the mattress protector? We bought several new pairs of organic cotton sheets with deep wall on fitted sheets I.e. 50 cm.

Hi Em!

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

We tend to get this kind of feedback from people who are more on the 'restless sleeper' side of things.

For example, we manufacture our Sleeping Duck sheets to be a little deeper (39cm) to ensure that they fit the depth of our mattress which is 31cm. However, I'm sure this extra length could potentially assist in the sheets wriggling upwards throughout the night - which I can understand would be a tad frustrating.

I would recommend ensuring that the sheets have been completely fitted over the sides of the mattress.

Let us know if you have any other questions, or if there's anything else our team can assist you with.

Kindest Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck :)

Em.

thanks but that's not really practical when one has arthritis and the mattress weighs heavy. I sleep well despite this and never have any neck or back aches.... that's the most important quality! I might try a less slippery mattress protector and see if that helps.

Randajaasked

Firm Queen

I would like to use my existing base. It has wooden slats 7 cm wide and about 11 cm apart. They are covered with some material which provides a little bit of padding over the slats. Are there any problems using an existing base?

Hi Randaja,

Thanks for your enquiry!

Our mattress can be used on an existing base, given that it does meet our requirements in terms of the structure and centre support to ensure the mattress will uphold the 10 year longevity.

If you have a slatted bed base, you need to ensure the slats aren't anymore than 8cm apart. Queen and King sizes also require adequate centre support.

To find out more about what this means you can find diagrams and descriptions on the Warranty Page (https://www.sleepingduck.com/au/warranty/) on our website.

If you are unsure, feel free to send through some photos to info@sleepingduck.com and we will be happy to have a further look into it.

Kind Regards,