Sleeping Duck Mattress Firm Queen

Mattress Buying Guide

Read now

David S

David SGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This is a Fantastic Mattress, would never go back.

This Mattress is So Comfortable, would highly recommend this Mattress, love it. Never had a better night sleep. You will not be disappointed in buying a sleeping duck mattress. Fantastic.

Graeme

GraemeWestern District, VIC

Never Slept Better

Just an extraordinary comfortable and firm mattress. Quality sleeps, no issues at all. Both my wife and I feel relaxed and refreshed after every sleep. We would highly recommended this mattress.

Robert  Walsh

Robert Walsh South East Queensland, QLD

Finally, a great nights sleep

Love the firmness of mattress, awaiting knee replacement surgery this mattress has helped take some of the pressure off my knees while sleeping, have only had it for 2 months but seems like it will last for yrs.

Purchased in August 2020.

JeffD

JeffDSydney, NSW

A good night sleep

I have changed the firmness of my mattress a couple of times and now have the perfect fit for my wife and I. The whole process of purchasing the new bed to changing firmness has been totally seamless and has occurred without any issues or problems. Thank you Sleeping Duck

Purchased in August 2020 for A$2,300.00.

Nug

NugSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

The best mattress by far

I extensively reviewed all sorts of mattresses from all different shops. I also reviewed their feedback.
We decided to buy a sleeping duck matress. Their reviews were excellent.
Weve had mattress for 6 weeks & started off with medium firmness. After a couple of weeks we found we needed a bit more firmness. SD didnt hesitate to send us out the firmer inserts.
The mattress is like sleeping on a cloud it is so comfortable. We have never slept so comfortable & cool.
Every mattress weve owned made me so hot like sleeping in a furnace. This mattress is wonderful. I highly reccommend the SD mattress.

Purchased in August 2020 at Sleeping Duck for A$1,499.00.

Soooo comfortable!

This mattress exceeded all expectations. We were a bit dubious at first, purchasing a mattress online, but after reading through the reviews we decided to give it a try. And we are so glad we did! Best night sleep we’ve had in years, aches and pains are gone! And it stills feels the same as the day we bought it home. Highly recommend to anyone who is considering!!

Purchased in July 2020 for A$1,499.00.

Perceived FirmnessSoft
SusanL

SusanLWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

I'm converted

The mattress is very comfortable and supportive.
I used to ache in bed, legs, hips, lower back, now so much better.
I'm sleeping much better, waking much more rested. It's amazing.
I hope it will be durable, only had it a couple of months, coming into summer worried about the heat as we live in Qld. Shape and firmness so far so good.

Purchased in June 2020 at The Sleeping Giant Online store for A$1,499.00.

Annie

AnnieNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Absolutely perfect

Cannot recommend this company or their mattresses highly enough.
Well done Sleeping Duck for producing a fantastic product. Very very happy customer, STOP look no further simply the best product.

Purchased in March 2020.

ErinJ

ErinJSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great

The mattress has so far been wonderful, no movement when my husband moves about and the firmness is felt right to the edge. Temperature is good and we have been sleeping well.

Purchased in March 2020 for A$1,500.00.

Medium or Firm Mattress

Like the sleeping duck have firm mattress, need to get the softer mattress to really determine which is better for me, can only be determined after at least a mouth on the mattress

Purchased in April 2020 at Sleeping Duck for A$1,500.00.

kathleen

kathleenVictoria

Great nights sleep

After waking up every morning with a sore back - and thinking it was just a "bad Back" I can now say that my problem is solved. This bed is very supportive and getting a better quality, longer nights sleep makes such a difference. We also purchased the bed frame, which looks good as well. I think it is important to check that your bed frame is also really supportive. How previous one was terrible. So well done Sleeping Duck - great bed!

Purchased in May 2020.

Willow Salter

Willow SalterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Just amazing!

Before using this mattress I would always complain about pain in my back. I realised a few days ago that the pain completely stopped! It is so comfortable, really supports my front and has maintained its shape in the month I’ve had it so far. Even my friends who have stayed a few times love it!

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1,449.00.

madski88

madski88AU

Perfection in a box

Delivery: I ordered a firm queen mattress on Sunday afternoon and received my sleep duck early Monday morning. Seemless delivery and informative unpacking information. Delivery driver kept me updated on precise delivery time also. Warning: it's heavy! Definitely enlist a friend to help.
Quality: I initially was concerned it wasn't firm enough for me as it has a soft top layer, however this provides the right amount of cushioning for the support. I used to have a Koala mattress and found this one much more supportive (the koala one had a sag after a while).
First night sleep was amazing. Can't wait for many more enjoyable and supportive nights snoozing!

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1,500.00.

John Lloyd

John LloydGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best Mattress EVER!

Have experienced over the years mattresses with Coil spring, Toppers with inner Springs, and Latex mattresses with really mixed results until we experienced 'Sleeping Duck'. Our new Sleeping Duck mattress has been brilliant, the support and comfort has been second to none with No Partner disturbance in particular.
We wake refreshed every morning, my wife no longer experiences her usual hip & knee pain - the relief for her has been fantastic.
We have not hesitated in recommending our experience with Sleeping Duck to family & friends!!

Purchased in April 2020 at Sleeping Duck Online for A$1,449.00.

Kiet T.

Kiet T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great experience especially for the price

Great product. Great service, I ordered the medium but it was too soft, rang them and they sent out a firm one in a few days. Still good as day 1, 3 years down the track. I loved that it is on the warmer side. Wife thinks it's too warm though.

Purchased in June 2016 for A$1,200.00.

So Comfy !

Have had this mattress for about 8 weeks and loved it right from the first night, still loving now. I used to get up in the morning with aching lower back but I haven't experienced any of this since sleeping on the Sleeping Duck. We also purchased the pillows and will probably have to get another as mine has mysteriously made its way to another bedroom in the house.
I totally recommend this bed, and pillow. The peace of mind knowing you can return it if you're not happy is a comfort as I have had the experience of purchasing a bad mattress.

Great matress warm sheets

Bought the ultimate queen bundle, have veen enjoying the mattress, especially its height! The tincel sheets have turned out to be very hot despite cool weather (mid 10's to 20's) with just themselves and a duvet, taking some getting use to but my partner seems to sleep in them fine. Would definitely recommend the mattress

Niv

NivGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Awesome mattress!

Really comfortable. Good support for your back. Smooth delivery. Overall fantastic product and I’ll definitely buy again if I need another mattress. The bed frame was really easy to install and the instructions are pretty good.

Ben W.

Ben W.

Avoid at all costs if you are a hot sleeper

Purchased in November 2019 for A$1,349.00.

Sleeping PositionFront and Side
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!

Great mattress

I would buy it again if I needed another bed its comfortable and supportive u feel relaxed good night sleep I bought the combo bed and mattress they compliment each other

See all Sleeping Duck Mattress reviews

Bella Norton

Bella Nortonasked

Firm Queen

How firm is firm? I really dislike a too soft mattress but also need it to be cool!
Does you product provide both of these criteria?
Bella Norton

Paul Ryan
Paul Ryan

Hi Bella,
I weight near 80kgs....the bed is just right....Goldilocks right...not too hard and not too soft.....

Hi Bella,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at SDHQ.

Great question! Firmness and comfort are very subjective to the individuals preferences and experiences of a mattress so it can be a little tricky to pin point.

We find the Firm does provide the perfect amount of support, paired with our Anti Gravity foam with provides the comfort and contouring to your body.

To begin with you will have the option of either Medium or Firm but after the initial 21 nights on your Duck, I’m pleased to say that we do offer an Extra Firm Precision Pad (as well as a Soft) as a free firmness adjustment.

In regards to heat retention, the foams within the Duck are air grown in a pressure chamber, this technique allows us to control certain variables and eliminate any imperfections. The foams in turn will then be 8x more breathable than latex and memory foams with an increased longevity and durability.

Additionally, our individually wrapped pocket springs are designed to move independently, helping eliminate partner disturbance and as well as promote air flow.

I hope this helps but please feel free to ask us any further questions!

Kind regards,
SDHQ

Em.asked

Firm Queen

We find the sheets keep slipping off. What are we doing wrong? Comfortable otherwise. Could it be the mattress protector? We bought several new pairs of organic cotton sheets with deep wall on fitted sheets I.e. 50 cm.

Hi Em!

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

We tend to get this kind of feedback from people who are more on the 'restless sleeper' side of things.

For example, we manufacture our Sleeping Duck sheets to be a little deeper (39cm) to ensure that they fit the depth of our mattress which is 31cm. However, I'm sure this extra length could potentially assist in the sheets wriggling upwards throughout the night - which I can understand would be a tad frustrating.

I would recommend ensuring that the sheets have been completely fitted over the sides of the mattress.

Let us know if you have any other questions, or if there's anything else our team can assist you with.

Kindest Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck :)

Em.

thanks but that's not really practical when one has arthritis and the mattress weighs heavy. I sleep well despite this and never have any neck or back aches.... that's the most important quality! I might try a less slippery mattress protector and see if that helps.

Randajaasked

Firm Queen

I would like to use my existing base. It has wooden slats 7 cm wide and about 11 cm apart. They are covered with some material which provides a little bit of padding over the slats. Are there any problems using an existing base?

Hi Randaja,

Thanks for your enquiry!

Our mattress can be used on an existing base, given that it does meet our requirements in terms of the structure and centre support to ensure the mattress will uphold the 10 year longevity.

If you have a slatted bed base, you need to ensure the slats aren't anymore than 8cm apart. Queen and King sizes also require adequate centre support.

To find out more about what this means you can find diagrams and descriptions on the Warranty Page (https://www.sleepingduck.com/au/warranty/) on our website.

If you are unsure, feel free to send through some photos to info@sleepingduck.com and we will be happy to have a further look into it.

Kind Regards,