Sleeping Duck Mattress Firm Queen

Sleeping Duck Mattress Firm Queen (page 2 of 28)

Mattress Buying Guide

Read now

Duncan LargeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic!! Wish I'd bought one sooner..

The mattress is extremely comfortable & very supportive of my body, with no sagging or loss of shape at all. After a 50+ years of endurance sport I have some troublesome back and hip issues. With my old mattress I was stiff and sore in the mornings & took a while to get moving. I now sleep better, longer and have much less pain and stiffness as well as feeling more rested. Great value product that I have recommended to my friends.

Purchased in August 2020 for A$1,499.00.

Duncan Large

No problem, I'm delighted with it!

Mattress is great but the delivery is really bad

I purchased this mattress couple days ago. It feels so good to sleep in so far. However, the delivery is really bad. I live in a house which has 6 stairs. Luckily I got a friend with me who helped to bring it upstairs. She carried all the weights while courier didn’t do much. Sleeping duck told me that due to work safety, they are not allowed to bring mattress up more than 1-2 stairs. I totally understand and support this idea, but it would be greatly helpful if they can state clearly before I purchased it.

Purchased in October 2020.

Sleeping PositionBack
Esther W.

Esther W.Launceston, TAS

Best product ever & good price

Very supportive and comfortable and no sagging or indentation, have recommended to all my friends for when needing new mattress. Excellent value. My sleep has definitely improved and also have less aches and stiffness on rising.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$2,200.00.

DarrenS

DarrenSGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Satisfaction Guaranteed

My experience with sleeping duck , from the mattress to the customer service has been nothing but brilliant
The mattress is awesome, but the customer service is absolutely flawless. The best I have encountered for a very long time. Well done Sleeping Duck team. Highly recommended

Adjustment PeriodWeeks

Karen Mac

Karen MacGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Long overdue

Needed a firm mattress for a long time, an old back injury from car crash needed more support than the average mattress. Firm but comfortable is what I feel each night. First night was the best relief.

Purchased in September 2020 for A$1,500.00.

Tegan

TeganGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Brilliant!

We have been looking for a new mattress for some time. It’s a confusing market. We were swayed towards sleeping duck because of the ability to change the firmness if needed. And the price!
We started with a firm and it was great, but I do have some shoulder issues. No problem for the SD team; we contacted them via email and organised a segmented firmness layer. We now have medium at the shoulder and firm at the hips and it’s been a wonderful change. The layers are easy to change and the quality is brilliant. Couldn’t recommend Sleeping Duck more!
Greatest customer service ever! Thank you Jenny for all your help!

Purchased in May 2020.

Adjustment PeriodWeeks

Great value for money

Super comfortable. Very easy purchase and delivery process, was delivered within a day or two! Sleeping so much better on this new mattress. Really couldn’t ask for more anything more

ElizabethB

ElizabethBSouthwest, VIC

We are glad we bought this mattress.

Supportive in a flexible way, adjusts really well to body and position change. Has made a noticeable difference to our various aches and pains and definately provides better sleep quality. Very good value for money.

Purchased in July 2020.

Caused DiscomfortYes

Lisa P

Lisa PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sleep Journey

We ordered the firm mattress and loved it. After a few weeks we decided we may wanted to try the medium, both being side sleepers. Within a week we'd ordered/received/swapped out the firm for the medium inserts and were on our sleep journey again. After a week or so, it was clear to us, we needed to swap back to the firm. Medium was good, but not the firmness we enjoyed. With already having our firm inserts, it was an easy change back. Now the journey continues!

Sleeping PositionBack and Side

Fantastic

Having never ordered a major item online before we were a little hesitant but Sleeping Duck exceeded all their promises with prompt delivery and excellent after sales service. We started with a medium mattress which was very comfortable but retained body heat. We were offered to try a firmer mattress which was delivered quickly and seems to have solved the problem. The replacement foam pieces were very easy to insert. Very happy with our purchase.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$1,400.00.

Robert  Walsh

Robert Walsh South East Queensland, QLD

Finally, a great nights sleep

Love the firmness of mattress, awaiting knee replacement surgery this mattress has helped take some of the pressure off my knees while sleeping, have only had it for 2 months but seems like it will last for yrs.

Sleeping PositionFront
Richard

RichardSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Product!

After a few weeks sleeping on it, I find that the mattress is rather comfortable and supportive. I also found the whole purchasing experience quite easy. The only real problem I had with the bed was with the assembly. Luckily, I had help from family otherwise I would not have been able to do it myself!

Purchased in September 2020 at Sleeping Duck for A$1,949.00.

Michelle  Dingwall

Michelle DingwallGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So so comfortable

So comfortable and supportive. Don’t have any of my usual morning stiffness since sleeping on this mattress. Amazing customer service!! Mattress arrived within 24 hours of ordering. Have recommended to all my friends.

Purchased in September 2020.

Perceived FirmnessHard

Amazing delivery and great after service

We ordered matress, came very quickly, amazing packaging technology, quality matress....and wonderful follow up service checking we are happy! They keep texting and emailing to make sure we are happy!

Purchased in August 2020 for A$1,500.00.

JeffD

JeffDSydney, NSW

A good night sleep

I have changed the firmness of my mattress a couple of times and now have the perfect fit for my wife and I. The whole process of purchasing the new bed to changing firmness has been totally seamless and has occurred without any issues or problems. Thank you Sleeping Duck

Purchased in August 2020 for A$2,300.00.

Sleeping PositionBack, Front and Side

Robyn Davis

Robyn DavisSouth East Queensland, QLD

We love our new Sleeping Duck mattress. It's a dream in itself. :)

We chose a firm mattress and it's perfect for our ailments ie lower back pain, shoulder pain, knee pain. We've both had surgery: knee (myself) and shoulder (husband). We've noticed that we have uninterrupted sleep since getting our Sleeping Duck mattress. It's so comfortable. It seems durable and has maintained its shape firmness. No sagging to report of.

Purchased in August 2020 for A$1,499.00.

Verley MacGregor

Verley MacGregorGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good value

Hard to find the perfect mattress. The mattress is comfortable and well made, with the option of changing firmness. Good value. Feel confident with having a ten year guarantee. Customer service excellent.

Adjustment PeriodMonths

MickieM

MickieMSydney, NSW

Love my Sleeping Duck

My original order was for a mattress with 'medium' rating. I loved the wonderful, comfortable nights' sleep. However, after a few weeks of use, I re-considered this choice. Given my age, medium to severe back spinal discomfort and being overweight, I contacted the super friendly people at Sleeping Duck, asking to change over to a firm mattress. There was no problem with the change over. I received the replacement firm mattress pad within a few days. I have the most comfortable sleeps, soft, but firm, cosy. There is NO INTERUPTED SLEEP now, and I wake up refreshed each morning. A big Thank You to Sleeping Duck!!!

Purchased in August 2020 at Sleeping Duck for A$1,449.00.

Elaine Castanelli

Elaine CastanelliGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love it

It is very supportive and very comfortable.
I now enjoy going to bed.
We do like the firm better than the medium.
Should have bought it long ago.
Worth the cost.
This is 31 words

Great mattress

Never been a fan of a plush mattress. So i ordered the firm and that's exactly what i got, a firm and very supportive mattress. Have not had a bad night sleep since the first night.
Have considered asking for a medium, but am sleeping so well i think I'll stick with the firm.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$1,499.00.

See all Sleeping Duck Mattress reviews

Bella Norton

Bella Nortonasked

Firm Queen

How firm is firm? I really dislike a too soft mattress but also need it to be cool!
Does you product provide both of these criteria?
Bella Norton

Paul Ryan
Paul Ryan

Hi Bella,
I weight near 80kgs....the bed is just right....Goldilocks right...not too hard and not too soft.....

Hi Bella,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at SDHQ.

Great question! Firmness and comfort are very subjective to the individuals preferences and experiences of a mattress so it can be a little tricky to pin point.

We find the Firm does provide the perfect amount of support, paired with our Anti Gravity foam with provides the comfort and contouring to your body.

To begin with you will have the option of either Medium or Firm but after the initial 21 nights on your Duck, I’m pleased to say that we do offer an Extra Firm Precision Pad (as well as a Soft) as a free firmness adjustment.

In regards to heat retention, the foams within the Duck are air grown in a pressure chamber, this technique allows us to control certain variables and eliminate any imperfections. The foams in turn will then be 8x more breathable than latex and memory foams with an increased longevity and durability.

Additionally, our individually wrapped pocket springs are designed to move independently, helping eliminate partner disturbance and as well as promote air flow.

I hope this helps but please feel free to ask us any further questions!

Kind regards,
SDHQ

Em.asked

Firm Queen

We find the sheets keep slipping off. What are we doing wrong? Comfortable otherwise. Could it be the mattress protector? We bought several new pairs of organic cotton sheets with deep wall on fitted sheets I.e. 50 cm.

Hi Em!

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch.

We tend to get this kind of feedback from people who are more on the 'restless sleeper' side of things.

For example, we manufacture our Sleeping Duck sheets to be a little deeper (39cm) to ensure that they fit the depth of our mattress which is 31cm. However, I'm sure this extra length could potentially assist in the sheets wriggling upwards throughout the night - which I can understand would be a tad frustrating.

I would recommend ensuring that the sheets have been completely fitted over the sides of the mattress.

Let us know if you have any other questions, or if there's anything else our team can assist you with.

Kindest Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck :)

Em.

thanks but that's not really practical when one has arthritis and the mattress weighs heavy. I sleep well despite this and never have any neck or back aches.... that's the most important quality! I might try a less slippery mattress protector and see if that helps.

Randajaasked

Firm Queen

I would like to use my existing base. It has wooden slats 7 cm wide and about 11 cm apart. They are covered with some material which provides a little bit of padding over the slats. Are there any problems using an existing base?

Hi Randaja,

Thanks for your enquiry!

Our mattress can be used on an existing base, given that it does meet our requirements in terms of the structure and centre support to ensure the mattress will uphold the 10 year longevity.

If you have a slatted bed base, you need to ensure the slats aren't anymore than 8cm apart. Queen and King sizes also require adequate centre support.

To find out more about what this means you can find diagrams and descriptions on the Warranty Page (https://www.sleepingduck.com/au/warranty/) on our website.

If you are unsure, feel free to send through some photos to info@sleepingduck.com and we will be happy to have a further look into it.

Kind Regards,