Mattress Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

3.8

• Adjustment Period
  • Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues Yes (4) · No (1)
  • Caused Discomfort Yes (5) · No
  • Heat Retention Yes (2) · No (3)
  • Sagging Yes (0) · No (4)
  • Perceived Firmness
Jane S.

Jane S.

Very disappointed with mattress and the long delay in refund

Purchased in October 2020 for $1,400.00.

Pre-existing Neck / Back IssuesNo
Heat RetentionYes
UNC

UNCSydney, NSW

This mattress has created a major problem.

The problem that has been created is That I can find no good reason getting out of bed of a morning that is until her that must be obeyed insist that I move.
All jokes aside I have only slept on one other mattress that is almost as good as the Sleeping Duck and the owners would not let bring it home and that was one of the mattresses on a Princess Cruise Ship. Well done guys and keep up the good work.

Arthur

Purchased in August 2020 at Sleeping duck for $1,149.00.

Sleeping PositionSide
Heat RetentionYes
Leane Ferris

Leane FerrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

The Best Nights Sleep I ever had in many years.

I have serious spinal and nerve damage in C4 & C5 neck and L5 & S1 Lower Back and sciatic Pain. I use to struggle to Sleep. Now I sleep Soundly. I don’t toss and turn or ache. I have even noticed an improvement in my body when I get out of bed. The bed has kept its shape and has no sagging .Nothing it’s perfect like the day it was delivered.

Purchased in July 2020.

Sleeping PositionBack and Side
Mattresses

Find out how Sleeping Duck Mattress Medium Double compares to other Mattresses

JillianH

JillianHGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The best investment you can make for your health

From the first night on my SD I really appreciated the difference in my sleep quality. Persistent back and neck niggles disappeared. I have even given up alcohol after many false starts. I think my will power improved with a good nights sleep !

Purchased in April 2020 for $1,500.00.

Sleeping PositionBack

Review collected in partnership with Sleeping Duck

EmmaHobart, TAS

Good, but with caveats.

Purchased in January 2019 for $999.00.

Sleeping PositionSide
Adjustment PeriodMonths
Perceived FirmnessSoft
See all Sleeping Duck Mattress reviews

Sue M.asked

Medium Double

Can the foam layers be put out in the sun, to get rid of the smell?
Is there anything else I can do, as the mattress makes my very sensitive daughter itchy.

GeorgiaC
GeorgiaC

The foam layers are removable, so yes air them in the sun, the smell will go. I also washed my new mattress cover and put that on before the sheets. I aired my mattress for several days before I slept in it with the windows wide open and the smell went.
I am extremely sensitive to smells.

Hi Sue,

Thanks for your query!

To help dissipate the smell in the foams, this can definitely be aired outside. However we would recommend avoiding direct sunlight as it can cause discolouration in the foams.

As Georgia mentioned, we would also recommend keeping the window open, as well as washing the mattress cover and sheets as it is common for the smell to linger.

If you're still experiencing trouble with the smell after a few weeks, please be sure to get in touch with our team at info@sleepingduck.com or 1800 667 196.

Kind Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck

Sue M.

Thank you, I have put the foam outside and it seems to have helped. If it has been in the sun for awhile, will it damage the foam? When putting it back does the thinner layer go on top, not sure which way it was before?

Colin

Colinasked

Medium Double

what is the weight of the medium double-double? Am using a Domino mattress which has ridged in the centre, my back is sore when I first get out of bed and, although only 24 cm thick, is virtually too heavy for even my wife and I can manage to change the bed or rotate it. We are both 80 yr-old & I have a dicky heart. How does sleeping duck compare in this area?

Hi Colin,

Thank you for asking!

Our double mattress is approximately 42kg heavy and 31cm thick. Unfortunately we're not familiar with a Domino mattress, and can't provide a comparison.

We would recommend getting in touch with us directly via email at info@sleepingduck.com should you have any other questions we can help with.

Kind Regards,