Mattress Buying Guide

4.9

BruceT
BruceTGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Comfortable mattress

I prefer medium-firmness on my side and firm on others, half & half. But double mattress doesn't have it, unfortunately. But still comfortable anyway. love it. The mattress is so comfortable and the customer service is great.

Purchased in March 2021 for $1,349.00.

Sleeping PositionBack
Sheila
SheilaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fabulous service!

So impressed by the service from Sleeping Duck team. They always responded quickly and helped me adjust firmness. All this in the middle of the challenges of a pandemic! I’ve noticed a positive effect on hip/back pain and general mobility. Plus much improved sleep quality. I love my new bed!

Purchased in October 2020.

Perceived FirmnessVery Soft

Other Mattresses

simply great

deleived as promised husband took to matress very quiclkly me it has been a little longer but i am loving it i have a hip problem but after 3 weeks sleeping on the duck it is improving

Purchased in September 2020.

Mattresses

Find out how Sleeping Duck Mattress Medium Double compares to other Mattresses

JulieD
JulieDGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Amazing

It took me at least 4 weeks to get used to my mattress and now I just love it and your customer service is incredible. I would recommend this mattress to anyone

Purchased in August 2020 for $1,198.00.

Pre-existing Neck / Back IssuesNo

Slowly but surely

I was a bit skeptical to begin with but have gradually got to love my sleeping duck mattress.
Very comfortable to sleep on and combined with the bamboo pillow have not looked back.
Height difference of the mattress took some tome getting used to as did the additional weight of the mattress when lifting to change the sheets but these are minimal issues.

Purchased in August 2020.

Sleeping PositionFront and Side
Scott
ScottSydney Surrounds, NSW

Sensational - very happy purchaser

Our previous matress was a combination latex and memory foam, a reputable brand and not cheap but after 4 years it failed us with definite dipping in our usual sleep positions. Our new Sleeping Duck (medium firm option) is nothing short of being sensational. No dipping or rolling, no partner disturbance and with the addition of an extra matress topper - it's like a cloud to slide onto. Very happy so far though mindful it is only 3 months since we purchased so it still has to prove itself, but I think it will.

Purchased in April 2020 at Sleeping Duck for $1,449.00.

Heat RetentionYes

caroc
carocMelbourne

Comfy and nice design

Did the research and kept coming back to Sleeping Duck. Comfy mattress. Efficient delivery service. Arrived in a box and vacuum packed. I ordered the base as well. Only gripe would be that the instructions for putting the base together weren't quite correct but am really enjoying sleeping on this bed. As the Choice review said it did take a week or so for the smell of the matress to go away.

Purchased in May 2020.

See all Sleeping Duck Mattress reviews

Sue M.asked
Medium Double

Can the foam layers be put out in the sun, to get rid of the smell?
Is there anything else I can do, as the mattress makes my very sensitive daughter itchy.

GeorgiaC
GeorgiaC

The foam layers are removable, so yes air them in the sun, the smell will go. I also washed my new mattress cover and put that on before the sheets. I aired my mattress for several days before I slept in it with the windows wide open and the smell went.
I am extremely sensitive to smells.

Hi Sue,

Thanks for your query!

To help dissipate the smell in the foams, this can definitely be aired outside. However we would recommend avoiding direct sunlight as it can cause discolouration in the foams.

As Georgia mentioned, we would also recommend keeping the window open, as well as washing the mattress cover and sheets as it is common for the smell to linger.

If you're still experiencing trouble with the smell after a few weeks, please be sure to get in touch with our team at info@sleepingduck.com or 1800 667 196.

Kind Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck

Sue M.

Thank you, I have put the foam outside and it seems to have helped. If it has been in the sun for awhile, will it damage the foam? When putting it back does the thinner layer go on top, not sure which way it was before?

Colin
Colinasked
Medium Double

what is the weight of the medium double-double? Am using a Domino mattress which has ridged in the centre, my back is sore when I first get out of bed and, although only 24 cm thick, is virtually too heavy for even my wife and I can manage to change the bed or rotate it. We are both 80 yr-old & I have a dicky heart. How does sleeping duck compare in this area?

Hi Colin,

Thank you for asking!

Our double mattress is approximately 42kg heavy and 31cm thick. Unfortunately we're not familiar with a Domino mattress, and can't provide a comparison.

We would recommend getting in touch with us directly via email at info@sleepingduck.com should you have any other questions we can help with.

Kind Regards,