Mattress Buying Guide

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Adjustment Period
  • Pre-existing Neck / Back Issues Yes (7) · No (6)
  • Caused Discomfort Yes (0) · No (13)
  • Heat Retention Yes (8) · No (5)
  • Sagging Yes (1) · No (11)
  • Perceived Firmness

Hip Pain

Still have some hip pain but is a lot better than it was on our old mattress. You appear to float on air with the Sleeping Duck and you don't roll into the middle as you do on some of the older type mattresses.

Purchased for $1,100.00.

David Bracken
David BrackenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So far so good!

I have had issues with recent mattress purchases. Succumbed to S D ubiquitus and compelling advertising. A few weeks in and I must say I'm impressed. I chose medium setting thinking I might change to firm but so far I'm sticking to medium. I'm sleeping about as I was before but I think my ST is more comfortable - at 60% of the price. I am satisfied.
Service- communication and customer focus is excellent.

Purchased in August 2020 for $1,500.00.

Slowly but surely

I was a bit skeptical to begin with but have gradually got to love my sleeping duck mattress.
Very comfortable to sleep on and combined with the bamboo pillow have not looked back.
Height difference of the mattress took some tome getting used to as did the additional weight of the mattress when lifting to change the sheets but these are minimal issues.

Purchased in August 2020.

Chloe.p
Chloe.pVictoria

Best decision ever!

I have scoliosis and this mattress has changed my sleep! I wake up with no pain since changing to a sleeping duck. I now sleep all through the night! This is an amazing mattress, I would recommend it to everyone!
Only recommendation is the mattress is very thick! I have a double bed, but am using queen sheets as a fitted double bed sheet does not fit under the mattress and will come out during the night. Mattress is also very heavy, take caution when lifting.

Purchased in June 2020 at Sneaking Duck.

Graham Baglin
Graham BaglinSydney, NSW

Enjoying but jury still out

Sleeping well and the firm choice appears to be right but have noticed some minor sagging. Have had the mattress approx 3 months. Is this normal, we have turned the mattress.

Purchased in May 2020 for $1,599.00.

AlexH
AlexHGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Comfortable

Comfortable but have only slept on it twice due to stage 3 Covid restrictions, can't return to where the bed is. There were multiple delivery issues with the carrier used.

Purchased in June 2020 for $1,500.00.

David
DavidGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Still not sleeping right through the night but waking up a little more comfortable

I found the mattress very comfortable and offered full body support, but I take medication and I wake up between 3- 4am everyday when the medication wears off, but I find the mattress very good

Purchased in May 2020 at Sleeping duck for $1,169.00.

Bethia
BethiaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Was recent hospitalized and was very happy to return home to the comfort of my Sleeping Duck

At the age of 88 I had begun to accept the fact that I was going to put up with pain and discomfort on the mattress I had been sleeping on. Being a Post Polio Patient with lots of skeletal problems I would sleep for a couple of hours after going to bed but would soon wake up and toss and turn for anything up to three hours, so I was unable to get enough sleep and this was a common and ongoing thing, but I now get at least 6-7 hours of good sleep each night.

Purchased in June 2020.

Joanne  Farguson
Joanne Farguson Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect for winter

Comfortable and supportive except when the temperature is over 10 degrees,
Then I feel like I'm sleeping on an electric blanket, don't know how I will go in summer. My back is much better after a cool night of sleeping. The mattress has maintained it's firmness and shape, it's a bit difficult to tuck in sheets as it's quite heavy. Would recommend to anyone who isn't a 'hot' sleeper!

Purchased in March 2020 for $1,200.00.

PurfumeGirl
PurfumeGirlSouth East Queensland, QLD

Supportive

This Sleeping Duck mattress felt weird at first, only because our last mattress was a concrete slab in comparison. It feels supportive, soft but not too soft. Only negative : It is very heavy, so I have adjusted the way I make the bed . I don’t regret buying it.

Purchased in February 2020.

Super comfortable

I'm about half way through the 100 day trial and I'm very happy with the mattress.
It's supportive but not too firm, and I've slept more soundly than I was on my old mattress.

Purchased in January 2020.

Great Sleep

Love it, perhaps a little softer would have been perfect
After 5 weeks I added a cool foam topper and now it’s magic
Very easy to assemble on my own (73 yr old woman )

Purchased in December 2019.

Tricia  Clarke
Tricia Clarke

Yes I will give the soft a try
Must say the cool topper might be a consideration for you

Star
StarVictoria

Sleeping like a dream !!

Hi Iove sleeping on the mattress. I have such a restful sleep. The only issue I have noticed is that there is sag on the external fabric on the mattress which makes the top look uneven. It doesn't affect the comfort but looks a little untidy . The edging on the other side runs around the top of the mattress and not low like this side. I guess a concern would be that the material may wear faster.

Purchased in January 2019 at Abbotsford Cycles VIC, Richmond.

Great bed, super comfy, but a little smelly

Bought this for our daughter and she’s been sleeping great in her first big girl bed! Copes well with being jumped on lots too. I do find that it’s quite warm for me but I do run hot. Only negative for us would be that the “new mattress” smell lasted about a month, but our daughter didn’t seem to mind

Purchased in January 2020.

Hoei
HoeiSouthwest, VIC

Nice 8/10

We bought the mattress for our teenage son who outgrew his single spring bed in term of size. He is very happy with the mattress and sleeps well so far. It's been nearly 2 months now and he's loving his bed. The only tricky part is the delivery as they cannot be certain when delivery will take place and the delivery company only texted in the morning when goods was onboard for delivery which caught us off guard as both of us work and no one will be at home. Sleeping Duck Team did apologise for the inconvenience. But lesson learnt, next time we want to order something from them, we must make sure we pick school holiday period when at least there is one of us as home.

Purchased in June 2019.

Sleeping D.Sleeping Duck

Thanks for your review and feedback Hoei! Sorry if the delivery caused you any added stress. Team SD :)

See all Sleeping Duck Mattress reviews

Sue M.asked
Medium Double

Can the foam layers be put out in the sun, to get rid of the smell?
Is there anything else I can do, as the mattress makes my very sensitive daughter itchy.

GeorgiaC
GeorgiaC

The foam layers are removable, so yes air them in the sun, the smell will go. I also washed my new mattress cover and put that on before the sheets. I aired my mattress for several days before I slept in it with the windows wide open and the smell went.
I am extremely sensitive to smells.

Hi Sue,

Thanks for your query!

To help dissipate the smell in the foams, this can definitely be aired outside. However we would recommend avoiding direct sunlight as it can cause discolouration in the foams.

As Georgia mentioned, we would also recommend keeping the window open, as well as washing the mattress cover and sheets as it is common for the smell to linger.

If you're still experiencing trouble with the smell after a few weeks, please be sure to get in touch with our team at info@sleepingduck.com or 1800 667 196.

Kind Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck

Sue M.

Thank you, I have put the foam outside and it seems to have helped. If it has been in the sun for awhile, will it damage the foam? When putting it back does the thinner layer go on top, not sure which way it was before?

Colin
Colinasked
Medium Double

what is the weight of the medium double-double? Am using a Domino mattress which has ridged in the centre, my back is sore when I first get out of bed and, although only 24 cm thick, is virtually too heavy for even my wife and I can manage to change the bed or rotate it. We are both 80 yr-old & I have a dicky heart. How does sleeping duck compare in this area?

Hi Colin,

Thank you for asking!

Our double mattress is approximately 42kg heavy and 31cm thick. Unfortunately we're not familiar with a Domino mattress, and can't provide a comparison.

We would recommend getting in touch with us directly via email at info@sleepingduck.com should you have any other questions we can help with.

Kind Regards,