Sleeping Duck Mattress Medium

Sleeping Duck Mattress Medium Questions & Answers

King, Queen, Double, etc...
Listing monitored by Sleeping Duck

19 questions from our users

Cathie
Cathieasked
Medium Queen

Hi Has anyone compared the Firmness of the SD Medium to the firmness of the NOA Mattress Medium. I bought a Medium mattress from sleepy head over a year ago, it felt spongy and comfortable in the shop. But on purchasing it I found it to be very hard, I would have sworn it was a firm and never got used to it. I am currently trialing a NOA Medium ( They don't have a soft or hard) I find this one also to be incredibly hard. Before trialing a SD and making the same mistake I thought I would put the question about firmness out there. I know it is subjective , but I like to feel of sinking in and softness but also supportive. Any advice would be appreciative
Thanks Cathie

John J.
John J.asked
Medium Queen

Is the BreatheTech a Topper or en integral part of the bed ??

DeborahS
DeborahS

Just a topper - it's interchangeable from my understanding (haven't done it yet).
But ask Sleeping Duck to confirm - they are very helpful.

Hi John J,

What a great question!

Our Breathe Tech Cover is just as integral as any part of our modular design, as it's the sleep surface that your body is in direct contact with. This is why we've designed it to be super soft and breathable, allowing you to feel benefits of the AntiGravity foam underneath without compromising on comfort.

Made of an elastane and bamboo blend, it is created using a unique vortex twist method to minimise pilling over time, and increase longevity.

We've tested it to be washable more than 100 times, so you can refresh your Mattress regularly throughout its lifespan to keep it hygienic and clean. All you need to do is put it in the washing machine on a cold gentle cycle, and air dry it flat out of direct sunlight.

Not to mention that it's fully interchangeable so if you need a spare one handy, you can purchase an extra BreatheTech cover so you don’t have to factor in the drying time. We also have a waterproof version available if you need something with added protection.

If you're curious to know more, please sing out to our team on 1800 667 196.

Warm regards,
- SDHQ

Sonja W.
Sonja W.asked
Mattress Medium

How much is a queen size medium and do you have to pay for it whilst you are trying it for the 100 days

stuartf
stuartf

Hi the cost was $1850 when we bought it but a week later it was reduced down to $1650. I contacted sleeping duck and they happily refunded me $200. And yes you have to pay out right first. But like they say if your not happy with 100 days it’s a full no questions asked refund

Hi Sonja,

Thanks for your question!

The mattress does need to be purchased first, and your 100 nights starts on the day of delivery.

Within your first 100 nights, any firmness adjustments are free of charge. This gives you plenty of time to test it out in the comfort of your own home, and experiment with different firmnesses to find your perfect comfort level.

If you don't absolutely love it, we'll organise a pick up and provide a full refund of the purchase price. Easy as that!

You can find all the current pricing for our Ducks on the link below, and shipping is free anywhere we can deliver to.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to give the SDHQ team a call. :)

You can reach us on 1800 667 196, and we're open Monday to Friday 9am-6pm (AEST).

Michelle M.
Michelle M.asked
Medium King

Question 1: Would a bamboo waterproof mattress protector impact the comfort of the foam layer? Will the waterproof layer restrict the foam from compressing properly when I lay on it? I can see both waterproof and non-waterproof bamboo mattress protectors for sale, but not sure if it will make a difference with how the mattress works.

Question 2: The mattress already has a bamboo top layer. Do I still need a mattress protector?

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for getting in touch, we really appreciate it!

Our top cover isn't waterproof, so we would always recommend using a protector to increase the longevity of your Duck.

If you would like to use a mattress protector we would recommend mattress protectors that are from light and breathable materials such as Cotton, Tencel, Bamboo. These usually won't change the feel of the mattress.

A great one we have found is a brand called "In Your Dreams". This is a bamboo mattress protector that fits the Duck and can be found at Spotlight or online.

Stephen P.
Stephen P.asked
Medium Queen

I am a hot sleeper and my wife a cooler sleeper and both require a medium mattress. Can the difference in “heat “ be regulated or catered for?

Marlene
Marleneasked
Medium Queen

My husband and I got a medium sleeping duck mattress. (14/8/20). He loves it. I sleep on my stomach. I have found that since we got it, in the morning I have a slight back ache. But it doesn’t last long. Do you think If I change my side to firm, it make any difference.
Marlene

Hi Marlene,

Thanks for taking the time to write us a question!

Finding the perfect firmness for a stomach sleepers can take a bit of trial and error. Generally we recommend starting on Medium firmness foam to ensure that there is less resistance on your pressure points however it really does come down to personal preference.

If you prefer a firmness level where you are resting more on top of the mattress as opposed to sinking in slightly, you may be more comfortable on our Firm insert. Firmness swaps are completely free within your first 100 nights and you get to hold onto your existing foam just in case you wish to swap back.

Get in touch with our team via phone or email and we can arrange this for you!

Future customer
Future customerasked

can you please where I could test mattress in Sydney

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch and for your interest in the Duck!

At this stage we do not currently have any showrooms to view the mattress in Sydney.

As we are predominately an online business, we find the best way to really try out our mattress is within the comfort of your own home, completely risk free, with our 100 Night Guarantee! During this time we offer free delivery and free firmness swaps. However if you decide the mattress isn't right for you, we'll get it picked up and provide you with a full refund within the first 100 Nights.

I hope this helps, but please reach out if you have any further questions.

Sueasked
Medium Queen

Can an electric blanket be used safely on a sleeping duck mattress?

Hi Sue!

You can absolutely use an electric blanket on a Sleeping Duck without risking damage to any of its materials, including the foam layers.

As increased layers can change the feel and experience of the mattress, we'd recommend only using the electric blanket for no longer than 4 hours, just enough to warm up the bed before sleeping!

Sue

Thank you so much, I will submit an order shortly

Not a problem Sue!

Feel free to let us know if you ever have any more questions.

Robert
Robertasked

Hi there ,
I would like to buy the Queen Medium Mattress , and send it to overseas.
Now the problem is if the person didn’t like the Medium feeling and prefers the hard 1 this will be a big problem to send again the hard 1.
I was wondering if it’s possible to include the hard 1 too if possible and how much $$$ extra do I have to pay.
Thank you !
Best regards
Robert

David
David

Ask the customer service person as i don't believe it to be a problem but there will be another package to send and I am not sure about the price

GaryB.
GaryB.

i agree with the above comments. Ask customer service, My wife found the medium, not supportive enough. We had a firm mattress before, that is why i ordered firm on my side and the wife wanted to try the medium. She kept on moving closer to me as she said the firmness felt better. (her words) good luck with your purchase you wont a better mattress in my opinion

Hi Robert,
Thanks so much for reaching out.

While we are currently only available to ship within Australia, this is definitely something we are looking to expand on as we continue to grow as a company.

We wouldn't necessarily recommend this an option as once you ship one of our products overseas, you would no longer have access to the 10 year warranty, returns or firmness swaps, a service which we are proud to offer to our customers.

However, if you had the item shipped to an area included in our delivery range, it is completely up to you with what you would like to do next.

If you would like to have a bit more of a chat, feel free to get in touch with us.

Raymond S.
Raymond S.asked
Medium King Single

Where is the mattress [Sleeping Duck. ] King single available from.

Mervco
Mervco

Unless you live in Melbourne the Sleeping Duck mattresses are only available on line.
They do sell a king size single.

christina b.
christina b.asked
Medium King

We would like to purchase a super king mattress from you and want to know the next step?
Email address is Christinabatsoukas@live.com.au

Sleeping D.Sleeping Duck

Thanks for the question Christina. We have also sent you an e-mail, but we'll outline it here as well!

Unfortunately we don't currently produce a Super King Sleeping Duck mattress.

Due to machinery limitations we can only make our Ducks in traditional Australian sizes from Single up to King.
Additionally, because our mattresses are pre-made in these standard Australian sizes with designated levels of firmness built in, we are also unable to offer custom sizing.

For those looking to get their hands on a Duck you have the option of placing your order via our website (sleepingduck.com), and by giving us a call on 1800 667 196.

If you were to purchase over the phone you would be able to pay via card (we accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express). If you were to order online, payment could be processed via card, PayPal, or an online financing option through ZipMoney.

Sue M.asked
Medium Double

Can the foam layers be put out in the sun, to get rid of the smell?
Is there anything else I can do, as the mattress makes my very sensitive daughter itchy.

GeorgiaC
GeorgiaC

The foam layers are removable, so yes air them in the sun, the smell will go. I also washed my new mattress cover and put that on before the sheets. I aired my mattress for several days before I slept in it with the windows wide open and the smell went.
I am extremely sensitive to smells.

Hi Sue,

Thanks for your query!

To help dissipate the smell in the foams, this can definitely be aired outside. However we would recommend avoiding direct sunlight as it can cause discolouration in the foams.

As Georgia mentioned, we would also recommend keeping the window open, as well as washing the mattress cover and sheets as it is common for the smell to linger.

If you're still experiencing trouble with the smell after a few weeks, please be sure to get in touch with our team at info@sleepingduck.com or 1800 667 196.

Sue M.

Thank you, I have put the foam outside and it seems to have helped. If it has been in the sun for awhile, will it damage the foam? When putting it back does the thinner layer go on top, not sure which way it was before?

TraceyDasked

How long does the smell last for. Ive had mine for 2 weeks and it still smells

Emma Sim
Emma Sim

We purchased a new mattress, feather doona, underlay and sheets. There is a new smell still but i dont mind it. Dont know which one of these still has the new smell.

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for getting in touch, we really appreciate it.

Our Sleeping Duck foam used in the mattress is polyurethane, and is expanded using pressure. The foams are also GECA approved and have been tested by their standards to show no detectable VOCs. You can find more information about GECA at http://www.geca.eco/.

When opened our mattress will have a bit of an initial smell as it has been vacuum sealed for transport and you can liken this to a new car smell - the severity of which can depend on how sensitive you are to smell. This is non-toxic.

If you're finding that the smell in the mattress is lingering we often suggest taking out the foams during the day and standing them against a wall in a ventilated room. I would also suggest changing sheets often as they can absorb the smell and cause it to linger.

If there's anything else our team can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Team Sleeping Duck :)

TraceyD

Thank you. Ill follow your advice and air the foam

john r.
john r.asked

Can I see one and
in Western Australia

Fired Up
Fired Up

Can you use a phone?

Hi John,

Thank you for your question!

Unfortunately at this point in time we do not have any showroom locations in Western Australia, only in Melbourne and Sydney.

We do offer a 100 night guarantee on all our mattresses. This way you can try it in the comfort of your own home, night after night!
Firmness swaps within your 100 night trial are free of charge, so you can't lose with whichever firmness you choose.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if there is anything else we can assist with.

Bruce Clift .
Bruce Clift .asked
Mattress Medium

How is it made. What is the construction?

Hi Bruce,

Great question!

There are 4 unique layer in the mattress that is designed to work with you by delivering comfort and support.

From the bottom we have 5 zone pocket springs that offer support and work entirely independently to minimise partner disturbance .

On top of that, we have a customisable high density foam which is the layer that controls your firmness and has the GECA seal of approval.

Then on top we have a Hyper-Adaptive foam which is our comfort layer that combines the pressure relieving property of memory foam with the buoyancy of latex. This enhances the feeling of weightlessness and is 8x more breathable than any other foam.

We then use a bamboo top cover that has natural anti-microbial properties that keep it fresher for longer and maximises breathability.

Please get in contact with our team if you have any further questions.

HelenSasked
Mattress Medium

I am not sure if I’ve received the correct mattress. I ordered a medium mattress but it feels quite firm. I also ordered the pillows which are very flat. I don’t like them at all and will return them.
What does the medium mattress look like? Is there a label somewhere that says medium? Can’t find anything.

Hi Helen,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing troubles with your mattress and pillow.

To determine the firmness, you have the ability to unzip the top cover and see the colours of the foam inside. The Medium will be white and the Firm will be purple.

If you're not quite happy with your firmness after the first few weeks, please get in touch and we will be happy to arrange a firmness swap for you.

Our pillow is a lower profile and sits at 9.5cm. We don't expect this pillow to suit everybody which is why our 100 night guarantee extends to our pillows. In our experience, we have seen the most success with side sleepers on a Medium.

Mariana
Marianaasked
Medium King

How much the price, can have a look to lay down?

HelenS

Check out their website for prices

Hi Mariana,

Thanks for asking!

The price of our King mattress is $1,449 and all other prices can be found on the Sleeping Duck website (https://www.sleepingduck.com/au/mattress/).

We do have showrooms in Melbourne if you're in the area to have a try. You can find our opening hours and address here (https://www.sleepingduck.com/au/try-us/).

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our team on 1800 667 196 or info@sleepingduck.com

Jcdasked
Mattress Medium

Im having trouble deciding between your mattress and a conventional store one. Both are around the same price. You say your medium feel is a 5.5 for firmness. That isnt exactly firm.You also say you sink into it. By just how much? Also as the layers are not glued together do they not shift and buckle during sleep? I don't want to buy yet ANOTHER mattress that dosen't work for me.(would be my 5th this year) also your delivery service dosen't sound real easy when a person has to work.

Sleeping D.Sleeping Duck

Hi JCD, sorry to hear you're having some issues deciding on a new mattress! When purchasing one of our mattresses, we offer medium and a firm option to start with. Our firm option is definitely firm and will support any problem areas for you. If you get a chance, maybe you could come visit one of our showrooms? This way you can test it for yourself. Here is a link to our locations : https://www.sleepingduck.com/au/try-us/ Thanks! Team S.D :)

Jcd

What a rubbishing answer Sleeping Duck. I HATE firm mattresses and was TRYING to assess if the medium would be suitable for my needs. You didn't bother to answer my question about the layers moving possibly. And i guess your not paying to fly me from Perth to Sydney or Melbourne to try your mattress as you suggested. Well you have made my mind up for me. Local bed shop here i come!

Bela
Bela

We have a king size Sleeping Duck in medium and I have to say that there is a hump in the middle of the bed where the foams join. I have been sleeping on it by myself as my husband is away. I am very concerned about the amount the foam is going to move once we start sharing the bed. We still have ours within the return time frame.

Colin
Colinasked
Medium Double

what is the weight of the medium double-double? Am using a Domino mattress which has ridged in the centre, my back is sore when I first get out of bed and, although only 24 cm thick, is virtually too heavy for even my wife and I can manage to change the bed or rotate it. We are both 80 yr-old & I have a dicky heart. How does sleeping duck compare in this area?

Hi Colin,

Thank you for asking!

Our double mattress is approximately 42kg heavy and 31cm thick. Unfortunately we're not familiar with a Domino mattress, and can't provide a comparison.

We would recommend getting in touch with us directly via email at info@sleepingduck.com should you have any other questions we can help with.

See all Sleeping Duck Mattress questions