Smartsalary
See the Best Novated Leasing / Salary Packaging Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Smartsalary

• Application Process
fifi5
fifi5New South Wales

Slapdash, evasive and on the whole a waste of time

Mr. A.
Mr. A.Sydney, NSW

Overcharged

I was leaving the job because of covid and my company paid 26$ (my used 1hr annual leave) to smart salary. However, despite of phone call and request to waive my fees as i was their customer for a period, they didn't. I am surprised how they make money charging $$ on a small amount that was asked to refund..

L T.
L T.Sydney, NSW

Of i could give 0 I would

This is the worst experience ive had. They repeatedly lost my paperwork. Impossible to get in touch with. Took 4+ months to set the thing up. Then they stuffed up and took half my pay, doubling what i was charged to 6K$ for alaptop. Total joke & they get paid on commission so they openly lie

B C.
B C.

Dodgy business practices

Novated Leasing / Salary Packaging Services

Find out how Smartsalary compares to other Novated Leasing / Salary Packaging Services

Jason S.
Jason S.

Lacking Transparency

Obtained quote on vehicle from smart salary. Consultant advised they charge 6% of purchase price for their "brokerage fee". I asked to see a document that breaks down their fees and charges and they have been avoiding me like the plague.

Surely such practices should be brought to the attention of the appropriate regulator.

Sam
SamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't do it to yourself!!!

Don't do it to yourself!!

This has been a horrible experience with lack of customer service, misleading information with negative financial impacts for myself, no accountability and the only consistent thing throughout this process... was screwing me around and refusing to take any accountability or fix the issue.

Don't waste your time and money.

Go through Remserv or someone else who is actually competent.

June
Junemelbourne

Very poor service

My first experience and not a good one. I was paid on the 26th May, still waiting for funds. Some payments and their admin fees have changed status from pending to paid but I still haven't received anything. The funds were garnished from my wage quick enough, I do regret signing up with smart salary, paying more tax is less effort than this. The first customer service officer was lovely the 2nd CSO was aggressive. All I wanted was assistance on where my wages and super contribution ended up and why it's taking so long.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Frank
Frank

No correspondence

I am very dismayed at lack of correspondence from This services I have emailed 5 times and phoned requested breakdown of costs charged with no response I was told they would get back to me on a phone call and that was in January 21 . I am no longer a customer yet I still get this for review . Unhappy

Unhappy customer
Unhappy customerKimberley, WA

Worst service ever.

Worked well when I initiated the service and then I changed jobs 4 months later still trying to sort it out and got dumped literally by smart leasing service. All cards and services immediately ceased and left with no advice on how to proceed.

Honestly I would never recommend this to anyone

Sophie
SophieSydney, NSW

Complete waste of money

Katherine
KatherinePerth, WA

Hopeless and endless hassles

Hassles over small and big things
Getting pin or cards sorted - no response for ages
Really poor communication
Sent an email saying they were (nearly) doubling my payment/docking my pay without consultation
Delayed responses to emails/ phone calls - being sent generic online 'forms' to fill out
No resolution to problems
Left owing money and didn't know until the bank called
Referred the matter to the Ombudsmen in the end
Went over to PAYABILITY - great staff and great service

Aviod at all cost!!!

I was with this company back in 2018 I left because I was unhappy with the lack of service. My understanding was the account was settled and thankfully I no longer needed to deal with them again. In November 2020 I received an invoice for some money owing on my account. No explanation, No apology not even any supporting documents. Naturally I complained and did not receive a response just a letter of demand I complained again and 1 moth later I received an email stating they believe the amount to be correct. No explanation of why it took so long.

Horrible company back then and it seems nothing has changed just look at all the poor reviews!!!

Myall

Madison investigated as she said she would but basicly just resent the infomation I already had. Not helpful and what I have come to expect frome Smart Salary. You would be smart to not give them any of your salary.

dkimpton9375
dkimpton9375Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Money sent to wrong Super company

I cannot believe how many phone calls it took to correct a mistake of such importance. My SALARY SCARIFICE was sent to the wrong Super Company. If it was not that i HAVE to use smart salary as a government employee I would be looking for another company. The support people were very friendly each time I rang however the issue could not be resovled quickly nor should it have been made

buddha_eye
buddha_eye

Appalling customer service

Arrogant and dismissive response to complaint
not offered opportunity to escalate for review as per Customer Charter
no contact details given apart from email address
have referred to ACFA
am also looking to obtain exec contact details to escalate
Will be transferring to Remserv, and also letting QH know of appalling customer service experience with the company

Jen W.
Jen W.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Zero stars

I miss Maaxia. I am currently writing this review whilst being on hold for 16 min... and still on hold. The reason I am trying to call their horrific and rude customer service centre is for my smartsalary card. I have applied for it 2 x over 3 months...still no M&E card. This is not the first time I have asked them for a card. Maaxia had my package set up over the phone and had the card within a week. So after 4 phone calls with a total wait time of 1 hour I have my doubts I will receive the card. Let's see.

Angela V
Angela Vasked

I am about to source quotes from Smart Salary, Fleetcare and NLC to lease a vehicle (the only lease companies my employer allows currently). Please tell me why I should choose Smart Salary over the others. Also, what is Smart Salary's interest rate pls. Regards and thanks, Angela

Marie
Marie asked

I am thinking of taking leave without pay to undertake full time studies for a year. What options do I have to pay for my car? Can I pay for the whole year or buy it outright?

Lysandra S.Smartsalary

Hi Marie, you can discuss the arrangements directly with your financier for more information however generally you can pay monthly installments direct to the financier or payout the vehicle early. The payout figure would include all remaining lease payments and the residual value. The financier can provide a quote of the current remaining balance. The salary packaging would cease in this instance, you would be required to organise your own comprehensive insurance, fuel and other vehicle expenses. Thank you kindly

CyberKevasked

Hi

I am in the process of finalising my second lease with Smart Salary. During the first lease, I had three fuel cards, including one for Caltex. This was the card we have been using at least 95% of the time, as there is a Caltex about 1km from our house. I notice that Smart Salary is now only offering cards for BP and Shell. Is there a reason why Caltex is no longer offered. I know it is in the process of changing to Ampol and wondered if Smart Salary will offer an Ampol card once the change goes through across Australia?

Kevin

Lysandra S.Smartsalary

Hi there, thank you for your message. We recommend BP and Shell due to the slightly cheaper transaction fees payable. These cards incur a 30 cent per transaction fee when compared to Caltex's fee of 38 cents. If you require a Caltex fuel card, please kindly contact us through private message with your account details alternatively via Facebook, email (customersupport@smartsalary.com.au) or by phone (1300 476 278) and we can order this card for you. You may use the Caltex card at any Caltex (or Ampol) service station. Thank you kindly

CyberKev

Answering my own question, as an agent just emailed me to say that they had ordered a Caltex Card for me. Good service, many thanks.

Get an answer from our members and Smartsalary representatives

Other Novated Leasing / Salary Packaging Services