1.4

BAD SERVICE AND UNRELIABLE

Avoid!

I used these guys to transport my car from WA to NSW and they bent the control rod on my car where it had been strapped down on the truck. It was a very scary drive from Sydney to the Sunshine Coast (after a wheel 'specialist' also missed this crucial default). They also said it would take 2-3 weeks for my car to arrive but it actually took just under 5 weeks. There was no communication, I was constantly having to chase them up for information. I chose these guys because they were cheap but it was futile because I had to pay to get my car fixed. When I tried to contact them to get some compensation they wouldn't return calls or emails. I will never use them again and warn all my friends and family against using them.

4.9
4.5

Depends which way you transport

Had a car come from NT to SA - was here in 5-6 days, but sending a car to NT - don't be in a rush. They will tell you its leaving on the next truck and a month later you are still scratching your head wondering if you will ever see said car again.

Communication was disgraceful

Communication was crap, and car was late didn’t even know about it till I rang up to ask where it was lol, never again! I’ll be definitely transporting with someone else next time and I suggest the same for everyone else. Peace out

Review collected in partnership with SMB Australia Car Transport

Poor comms and big delays

Poor communication and significant delays in with zero explanation. No online tracking despite this being 2020. Run like a transport shop from the 80’s with endless excuses. Get with the program guys!

Alan  Tahooni

Alan TahooniPerth, WA

Not reliable company

We unreliable
No comeunicatio. at all
They damaged my car during transport cost me $7000 to fix
They are very dishonest
Take long time to transport my car but we we booked they sat two weeks which take 5 weeks

Kathy

Kathy

Do not use smb seven hills

Dropped my vehicle at the seven hills nsw depot sending to WA.What they tell you on the phone and in person isnt what happens. Do not rely on there estimated timeline it isn't reliable at all. Communication skills are poor.

SMB Australia C.SMB Australia Car Transport

Hi Kathy, I am sorry you feel this way.
Can I please have your job number so I'm able to look into this to try and ensure that we can improve.
Thanks, Daniella

Robyn M.

Robyn M.Katherine, NT

Disappointed

I negotiated w National Car Transport to move my car. I specifically asked that SMB be not used.
Was prepated to pay ectra w any other company.
Chose the "fastest option" and then had car sit in melbourne depot for 3 wks. Could not get straight answer from either company on where it was.
As i live on a station and we are locked in. I tried to explain i needed notice to not only get to drop off town but off property.
Sitting here waiting for 'driver' to contact me. Where when how.
Never use them again.!!!!! Urghh.
It better not be damaged.

Disappointing Service - Late Delivery and belongings missing

Jose Daniel S.

Jose Daniel S.South East Queensland, QLD

Never rely on the timeframe they give you....

1) Took more than a month to have the car at the city of destination
2) they dent the paintwork of the door, probably driver hit the door against the truck....

Would not recommend

- Car transported Perth to Brisbane
- Very hard to get into contact with Perth office. Left a message with name + number and they never called back
- Kept having to call back for any updates on estimated drop off and felt like I was annoying them for wanting to know where my car was
- Workers seemed very unsure and couldn’t give clear answers and then was lied to about whereabouts of my car by other worker. Was told car was to arrive on certain day and that it was running late because of truck break down, called back closer to this estimated day to find out it wasn’t even placed on a truck yet?
- I would not recommend SMB transport, have been without my car for nearly a month and it’s still estimated to arrive in another week still

Anthony V.

Anthony V.Hunter Region, NSW

Fake 5-star reviews. 25 days for car to even leave the depot

Terrible service

Spent $1742 to get car transported from Melbourne to Darwin. Car sat in Melbourne depot for a month and Adelaide for a week. While in Adelaide my car was damaged. No contact was made to me. Car arrived in Darwin and only contact was to pick the car up. Arrived and nothing was mentioned about damage. Personal details for Andrew (owner) provided but all correspondence has been ignored and I have been made to feel like it’s my fault. Damage worth $3000 and company not willing to pay or compensate. Would definitely avoid this company at all costs

terrible service

it took over 19 business days to get my car, and no one contacted me. This company is not helpful but waste my time. nasty company and service. They don't even have the good customer service.

Shipping TypeInternational

4.3
3.6
clo

clofrankston

most unprofessional place!

Took double the time i was advised. No one replied to emails etc. When they did answer the phone they advised the truck had broken down causing the delay in Adelaide when it hadn’t even left Melbourne!!! Finally got onto Richard (manager) who was great. Always returned calls etc if it wasn’t for him I would of been taking this further. $1675 and a long bloody time. Car finally arrived much to my suprise..
thank god this is over but please if you read this, choose another company. I have never received such poor service.

STran

STranLaunceston, TAS

It is terrible

Harley95

Harley95Perth, WA

Delay after Delay

Horrible service, as I write this my car has still not left the drop of Depot in Melbourne.
I’ve now been without a car for 2 weeks.
I was promised it would leave Melbourne on Wednesday 13th February, and again on Monday the 18th of February. It’s now Tuesday 20th of February and it is still sitting at the depot in Melbourne.
There is no communication from SMB to apologise for the delay, instead I am left having to chase it up. With such exorbitant fees for transport I would come to expect a much better service from this joke of a business.

See all SMB Australia Car Transport reviews