3.1

Avoid!

I used these guys to transport my car from WA to NSW and they bent the control rod on my car where it had been strapped down on the truck. It was a very scary drive from Sydney to the Sunshine Coast (after a wheel 'specialist' also missed this crucial default). They also said it would take 2-3 weeks for my car to arrive but it actually took just under 5 weeks. There was no communication, I was constantly having to chase them up for information. I chose these guys because they were cheap but it was futile because I had to pay to get my car fixed. When I tried to contact them to get some compensation they wouldn't return calls or emails. I will never use them again and warn all my friends and family against using them.

Delivery Arrived in Good ConditionNo

I hope my comments be seen by senior management (CEO, Board ) of the company st strategic level

4.9
Ali Knaglex

Ali KnaglexSydney, NSW

SMB is the best transport company that I’ve used... always on time.

SMB is the best transport company that I’ve used... always on time and never stuffed me around.
I highly recommend them and will without a doubt use them in the future

great job

bought a car from Must Have Motors in Melbourne from Adelaide over the phone during the pandemic and early lock down mid-August and the car was delivered within 4 days in perfect condition! Thank you Wayne and Kyla for organizing everything (the car Is beautiful) and choosing SMB as transport during those
difficult times, even if it took an extra couple phone calls to get the ball rolling :)
from my personal experience, i would definitely recommend these guys for interstate vehicle shipping. great job and affordable price. thank you!

Andrea Clark

Andrea ClarkPilbara, WA

Great to deal with

Had our Isuzu Dmax shipped from Townsville to Port Hedland. These guys were great to deal with, we were even able to load some personal processions in the car. It did take 7 weeks but know others who have waited 6 weeks from Brisbane. All transport seems to be taking longer with COVID restrictions.

Delivery TimeLate

Affordable and fast

My car was delivered faster than expected and these guys were the cheapest quote I could find.
The car was undamaged.
I had read some concerning reviews but I did not experience anything negative at all.

Prefect communication

There was bit of delay but we moved during covid times
Communication is greats
Hats off to call centre people
Prices are good
Great company will use again in future
Will recommend to friends

Communication was disgraceful

Communication was crap, and car was late didn’t even know about it till I rang up to ask where it was lol, never again! I’ll be definitely transporting with someone else next time and I suggest the same for everyone else. Peace out

Review collected in partnership with SMB Australia Car Transport

On time with no problems.

The vehicle was transported from Kalgoorlie to Adelaide via Perth. The delivery was within the specified days and the vehicle arrived in good condition. I would recommend SMB without hesitation.

Stamatia

StamatiaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to deal with, great communication. My vehicle from NSW to Brisbane arrived within 10 days. Will definitely use in the future if we require a car transporter again. Thank you!

Review collected in partnership with SMB Australia Car Transport

Poor comms and big delays

Poor communication and significant delays in with zero explanation. No online tracking despite this being 2020. Run like a transport shop from the 80’s with endless excuses. Get with the program guys!

Review collected in partnership with SMB Australia Car Transport

A life saver during COVID 19........That delivers on time.

SMB Australia C.SMB Australia Car Transport

Thanks Tim for your review. Greatly appreciated.

Alex Anderson

Alex AndersonMid North Coast, NSW

Smb legends

Your driver Alex and allocator Blake both deserve a pay rise both were well mannered professional and were happy to help in any way possible with any questions and worries

Kathy

Kathy

Do not use smb seven hills

Dropped my vehicle at the seven hills nsw depot sending to WA.What they tell you on the phone and in person isnt what happens. Do not rely on there estimated timeline it isn't reliable at all. Communication skills are poor.

SMB Australia C.SMB Australia Car Transport

Hi Kathy, I am sorry you feel this way.
Can I please have your job number so I'm able to look into this to try and ensure that we can improve.
Thanks, Daniella

4.3
3.6
Nicolas S.

Nicolas S.Perth, WA

They were great in every way.

We needed to ship our car from Melbourne to Brisbane because we couldn't drive due to border closures. We went to Darwin to do the mandatory quarantine then to Brisbane. They delivered the car in less than a week and were really helpful during the whole process. I highly recommend these guys!

SMB Australia C.SMB Australia Car Transport

Thank you Nicolas for taking the time to write about your experience with transporting your vehicle.
Thanks, SMB

Jack F.

Jack F.Sydney, NSW

Car was damaged and they took no responsibility

My car was damaged when it was transported from Perth WA to Sydney NSW. The driver that delivered the car pointed out the damage to me. When i contacted SMB I was told i would receive a call back about the matter. I never did. After 5 months and multiple calls i finally received a response saying that they are not take responsibility for the damage. What a joke!!

Kim Hopkinson

Kim HopkinsonDarwin, NT

Bad experience with this Company

Had my car transported from Perth to Darwin in Feb 2020. Car arrived damaged on the front valance. SMB will not take any responsibility for the damage, and we are left with a damaged car that was checked thoroughly when I dropped it off at their depot. They now say there is an $800.00 dollar excess, which was not part of our agreement with the agent we used called Moving Cars. Too many middle men, who will not offer any assistance either, would not use this company again.

Kynuna

KynunaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

DO NOT use this company for any vehicle transport!!!

Delivery TimeLate
Jose Daniel S.

Jose Daniel S.South East Queensland, QLD

Never rely on the timeframe they give you....

1) Took more than a month to have the car at the city of destination
2) they dent the paintwork of the door, probably driver hit the door against the truck....

Would not recommend

- Car transported Perth to Brisbane
- Very hard to get into contact with Perth office. Left a message with name + number and they never called back
- Kept having to call back for any updates on estimated drop off and felt like I was annoying them for wanting to know where my car was
- Workers seemed very unsure and couldn’t give clear answers and then was lied to about whereabouts of my car by other worker. Was told car was to arrive on certain day and that it was running late because of truck break down, called back closer to this estimated day to find out it wasn’t even placed on a truck yet?
- I would not recommend SMB transport, have been without my car for nearly a month and it’s still estimated to arrive in another week still

See all SMB Australia Car Transport reviews