Listing monitored by SMB Australia Car Transport

Shell
ShellHunter Region, NSW

Don’t want to give even one star rating

Do Not Use This company or National Car Movers (they are both working together with our cars). Our cars have been sitting at SMB Sydney depot for the last 42days. The ETA is continuously being changed as is the date the cars are going to be put on the truck. The guy who answers the phone is extremely arrogant and unhelpful. Who knows if we will ever see our cars again. I am taking this issue further. If anyone else is having similar issues with SMB or National Car Movers I am happy to look at taking this to court as a collaborative cas.

Shipping TypeDomestic

Stay away from this company

If only I could put zero stars, very disappointing, still waiting for my car, been almost two months now from Qld to WA and keep getting excuse after excuse, first no communication at all until I reached out and told it had been sitting in Brisbane for 4 weeks, then told the truck broke down and now told they have a backlog, which is it? Starting to think they have probably sold it and my car is not coming at all, going to report it stolen if it doesn't arrive soon, I can only imagine what condition it is going to be in after sitting out in a depot for weeks on end. I cannot believe this has happened in this day and age, disgraceful service.

5 and more weeks and the car is sitting in melbourne depot

car was picked up more than 5 weeks ago to go to port headland ,no one rang us we had to ring to find out that the car is still sitting in Melbourne awaiting pick up and by the time it gets there ???
what is wrong with a phone call ?please do not tell me that you had no truck going to WA in the last 5-6 weeks and our customer who is renting a car was told it will get there 04/04/2022 .
all of that just to get a booking what a service and we are one of your customers .

Terrible
TerribleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible service

Hi guys, please don’t use their service. What an absolute nightmare. I understand there is a COVID issue but they use that to their advantage.
When I paid in full I was told 5/15 days to transport from Perth to Brisbane. 6 weeeks later I was still waiting. When ever I called the company someone gave me a different eta.
Absolutely terrible service. Please spend an extra few dollars to get a professional service.
Unprofessional not organised. Terrible service. Never again

Find out how SMB Australia Car Transport compares to other Couriers

SMB's Service (drivers and customer service staff) is so terrible.

They broke the driver seat door handle and also broke steering rod that is attached to wheels. When contacted the customer service, they dint even bother to reply back after they came to know that I have photos and videos before transporting my car. overall, it turned out to be an expensive deal for me.

Chris R.
Chris R.Sydney, NSW

Do your research and do NOT use these guys!!!

I never write reviews... but these guys left me no choice. I transported a car and I honestly wish I did more research. They have no regard for your property and then have no regard for your time when you need to work with them to resolve issues. I picked up my car from their Sydney depot and reported damage. I have been struggling now for over two months to simply get a call back. As per a previous review.. they are never available. Even the day of collection and highlighting the damage the lady was immediately irritated and gave me an email address I should work through.

Delivery Arrived in Good ConditionNo

Rude, Lying staff!! Never again!!

Useless!!! I booked through Truckit online. Received confirmation from them but never confirmation from SMB. I called them to check that the Depot was open for dropoff (which they confirmed) a family member and his wife drove the car to the depot to find it closed. One guy tells us it was due to covid, the next tells us the business was a crime scene due to break in. Someone is spinning a yarn. Rude staff on the phone. No attempt to fix the issue nor understand that we had two people take the day off work to drive to the depot which I had confirmed was definitely open!! never again!!

Delivery TimeNever Collected
SMB Australia C.SMB Australia Car TransportSend a private message

Hi, can you please provide your booking number so we can look into this? Thank you

Angry
Angry

Matt
MattPerth, WA

While reporting a damage, at least be human..

Poor service

Vehicle was picked up on Friday 19th and transported to Sydney depot(about 150km).It is now sitting in Sydney depot waiting to go on to Melbourne. Have been told it won't get there until April 6th. Yes I know Easter is in this time frame, but seriously 18days to go 900km. Cliff Young ran that distance in about 6 days. If your that busy don't take on the work or tell people up front

Whereismyfurniture
Whereismyfurniture

Poor communication- glad I didn’t use them!

I contacted the company for a quote and received an email which seemed a bit suspect as it had no official company signature or other formal sign off. I felt a little better after calling and speaking to them in person. I booked online and (luckily, in hindsight) was not charged at the time. I received no confirmation email or formal correspondence confirming the reservation. After reading other reviews I decided to go with another company, and I’m glad I did. After failing to drop off the car as per the reservation there was no follow up correspondence. I’m glad I didn’t pay as the level of service was poor and I felt nervous engaging with the company

Delivery TimeNever Collected
SMB Australia C.SMB Australia Car TransportSend a private message

Thank you for your honest review although I am unsure as to what is it about as we did not actually move your vehicle..
All the best for your future.

All the best in your future. Thanks, SMB

Not trustworthy or reliable

Items were stolen inside my vehicle called them and was informed that it wasn't there problem and he also told me that won't replace anything that was taken after asking to speak to someone else was told to send email still haven't herd anything never again am i using smb services not reliable and not trustworthy. Yes it's affordable but comes with a terrible service.

Shaun
Shaun

Depends which way you transport

Had a car come from NT to SA - was here in 5-6 days, but sending a car to NT - don't be in a rush. They will tell you its leaving on the next truck and a month later you are still scratching your head wondering if you will ever see said car again.

Delivery Arrived in Good ConditionYes

Alan  Tahooni
Alan TahooniPerth, WA

Not reliable company

We unreliable
No comeunicatio. at all
They damaged my car during transport cost me $7000 to fix
They are very dishonest
Take long time to transport my car but we we booked they sat two weeks which take 5 weeks

Robyn M.
Robyn M.Katherine, NT

Disappointed

I negotiated w National Car Transport to move my car. I specifically asked that SMB be not used.
Was prepated to pay ectra w any other company.
Chose the "fastest option" and then had car sit in melbourne depot for 3 wks. Could not get straight answer from either company on where it was.
As i live on a station and we are locked in. I tried to explain i needed notice to not only get to drop off town but off property.
Sitting here waiting for 'driver' to contact me. Where when how.
Never use them again.!!!!! Urghh.
It better not be damaged.

Disappointing Service - Late Delivery and belongings missing