Listing monitored by SMB Australia Car Transport

3.5, car arrived safely but average communication and updates

Good news and most important is the car arrived safely and at an attractive price. The bad news it took a couple weeks longer than their worst case expectation. I can excuse that with all the covid 19 lockdowns however I would expect some updates along the way without me having to request updates every time. If your say car is delayed until a specific date and know it wont make it, communicate that. Very difficult to plan alternatives when the information is sparse and out of date. Otherwise no issue from me and I'm a fastidious car owner. (I am sender and receiver)

Shaun
Shaun

Depends which way you transport

Had a car come from NT to SA - was here in 5-6 days, but sending a car to NT - don't be in a rush. They will tell you its leaving on the next truck and a month later you are still scratching your head wondering if you will ever see said car again.

Other Couriers

Poor comms and big delays

Poor communication and significant delays in with zero explanation. No online tracking despite this being 2020. Run like a transport shop from the 80’s with endless excuses. Get with the program guys!

Kathy
Kathy

Do not use smb seven hills

Dropped my vehicle at the seven hills nsw depot sending to WA.What they tell you on the phone and in person isnt what happens. Do not rely on there estimated timeline it isn't reliable at all. Communication skills are poor.

SMB Australia C.SMB Australia Car Transport

Hi Kathy, I am sorry you feel this way.
Can I please have your job number so I'm able to look into this to try and ensure that we can improve.
Thanks, Daniella

Robyn M.
Robyn M.Katherine, NT

Disappointed

I negotiated w National Car Transport to move my car. I specifically asked that SMB be not used.
Was prepated to pay ectra w any other company.
Chose the "fastest option" and then had car sit in melbourne depot for 3 wks. Could not get straight answer from either company on where it was.
As i live on a station and we are locked in. I tried to explain i needed notice to not only get to drop off town but off property.
Sitting here waiting for 'driver' to contact me. Where when how.
Never use them again.!!!!! Urghh.
It better not be damaged.

Disappointing Service - Late Delivery and belongings missing

Jose Daniel S.
Jose Daniel S.South East Queensland, QLD

Never rely on the timeframe they give you....

1) Took more than a month to have the car at the city of destination
2) they dent the paintwork of the door, probably driver hit the door against the truck....

Well done SMB transport

Very helpful and was available for me to contact them anytime for updates as my car was delayed. Was very much satisfied with the service and particularly communication about delay and updates about car transport was very satisfying. Was able to get my car to destination in a very good condition.

Other Couriers

Haven't even gotten my car yet

Got a car i bought sent through this company Melbourne to darwin got dropped off on the 16th july was told 15 working days when dropped off. Now i had just sent my old car to Melbourne from darwin through prix car which mind you only cost $800 and SMB id charging $1900 with goods for the same route but opposite direction and it arrived in only 5 working days so the next week i decided to call and ask for a rough eta and was then told 20 working days. So this week been called again and was told 15-16 working days but was then told it would be here next Wednesday which is 23 working days.... how does it take 5 days to go one way and 23 to go the other?

SMB Australia C.SMB Australia Car Transport

Hi, Do you have a booking number so we can look into this? Thank you

Dinah
DinahPerth, WA

Terrible service - communication poor, once they have your money not interested.

Sender or ReceiverBoth
SMB Australia C.SMB Australia Car Transport

Hi Dinah, Do you have a booking number so this can be looked into?

Andy

Takes too long and no contact

7 days so far from Syd to Melb and still haven’t received my car. No one has contacted me and I’ve had to follow up multiple times to find out what’s going on. SMB still can’t give me a date as the truck driver is apparently away. Meanwhile I’m paying rental fees whilst I wait.

SMB Australia C.SMB Australia Car Transport

Hi Andy, Do you have a booking number so I can look into this for you?
Thanks Daniella

Andy

Actually all solved now - and Donna was great at fixing it all up- so am happy now. Car was delivered in good condition and driver was very professional. Thanks for resolving.

Other Couriers

Not worth the damage caused.

I had a car shipped with SMB auto transport a couple months ago. I wanted to wait until the smoke settled before writing a review. First, was the time. It took 3 weeks to ship from Sydney to Alice Springs, Australia which was a week longer than quoted originally, so that's one negative. More importantly, my front lip was pulled off the car. The nuts holding it in place were stripped. This also caused massive damage to the paint on the lip and front bumper. Although customer service was friendly, there was really no help from them on any part of the process. They never knew where my car was and refused to help fix the damage to the car. The price wasn't bad. It wasn't the cheapest and wasn't the most expensive.

Inter-state transport

I transported my car from Perth to Sydney and it was fantastic to be able to transport luggage in the back of my car. The car arrived two weeks earlier than the date SMB gave me and, other than a little dirt (which they warned me about), it's arrived exactly the same as when it was loaded onto the truck. I would use SMB again.

SMB Australia C.SMB Australia Car Transport

Thanks Kate for your business and review, feel free to give us a call anytime if you need your vehicle transported again. Thanks, The SMB Team

Review collected in partnership with SMB Australia Car Transport

Car not delivered as promised. Still waiting for delivery it has been 12 days.

Yes. But could never find out where my car was. Never again would i use this company. I lost business due to car not being delivered as promised.

Hi Bella, Do you have an SMB booking number so I can look into this? Thank you

SMB sucks

Do not use this company too transport anything . My husband still waiting for his vehicle since 2nd September to be sent to Darwin from Melbourne . It did not leave Melbourne 2 weeks after we left it with them because they were waiting for a truck, no communication too let us know we have too ring them to find out what's happening . Vehicle is suppose to be in Darwin this Friday 30th September, today my husband rings too get updates & now they say it will not be there till next Wednesday because truck has broken down in Alice springs again no communication too let us know what happened as my husband rang them today . Never again !!

Hi Jelena,
Do you have a booking number for this movement so I can look into this? Thank you