SMB Australia Car Transport

Vehicle arrived weeks later and damaged.

I chose to go with this company to transport my vehicle from Brisbane to Perth as it had the best price and fastest delivery as per quote. 17 business days was the quote I received on the 30th of November. My car was then available 49 days later with a damaged tail light and missing aerial. I was given multiple false days of arrival which I had booked time off work to collect. My cost of the transport has added another $1000 for the parts I will now have to replace. In trying to justify these damages I’ve sent multiple emails & calls & no one seems to care or reply. I will never be using this business again & recommend anyone one of thinking to use them to read the countless reviews.

Sender or ReceiverReceiver

Poor communication- glad I didn’t use them!

I contacted the company for a quote and received an email which seemed a bit suspect as it had no official company signature or other formal sign off. I felt a little better after calling and speaking to them in person. I booked online and (luckily, in hindsight) was not charged at the time. I received no confirmation email or formal correspondence confirming the reservation. After reading other reviews I decided to go with another company, and I’m glad I did. After failing to drop off the car as per the reservation there was no follow up correspondence. I’m glad I didn’t pay as the level of service was poor and I felt nervous engaging with the company

SMB Australia C.SMB Australia Car Transport

Thank you for your honest review although I am unsure as to what is it about as we did not actually move your vehicle..
All the best for your future.

Whereismyfurniture
Whereismyfurniture

All the best in your future. Thanks, SMB

Alanna

AlannaDarwin, NT

My vehicle was damaged. Rude and unorganised!!

BAD SERVICE AND UNRELIABLE

Avoid!

I used these guys to transport my car from WA to NSW and they bent the control rod on my car where it had been strapped down on the truck. It was a very scary drive from Sydney to the Sunshine Coast (after a wheel 'specialist' also missed this crucial default). They also said it would take 2-3 weeks for my car to arrive but it actually took just under 5 weeks. There was no communication, I was constantly having to chase them up for information. I chose these guys because they were cheap but it was futile because I had to pay to get my car fixed. When I tried to contact them to get some compensation they wouldn't return calls or emails. I will never use them again and warn all my friends and family against using them.

Sender or ReceiverReceiver

I hope my comments be seen by senior management (CEO, Board ) of the company st strategic level

Cullen H.
Cullen H.

Not trustworthy or reliable

Items were stolen inside my vehicle called them and was informed that it wasn't there problem and he also told me that won't replace anything that was taken after asking to speak to someone else was told to send email still haven't herd anything never again am i using smb services not reliable and not trustworthy. Yes it's affordable but comes with a terrible service.

Yun

YunFar North Queensland, QLD

Professional Car Transport Company

Yes, I was the sender and my package was picked up on time.
Yes, I was the receiver and my package arrived at the expected time and in good condition.
All good.

Delivery TimeOn Time

Communication was disgraceful

Communication was crap, and car was late didn’t even know about it till I rang up to ask where it was lol, never again! I’ll be definitely transporting with someone else next time and I suggest the same for everyone else. Peace out

Alan  Tahooni

Alan TahooniPerth, WA

Not reliable company

We unreliable
No comeunicatio. at all
They damaged my car during transport cost me $7000 to fix
They are very dishonest
Take long time to transport my car but we we booked they sat two weeks which take 5 weeks

Jack F.

Jack F.Sydney, NSW

Car was damaged and they took no responsibility

My car was damaged when it was transported from Perth WA to Sydney NSW. The driver that delivered the car pointed out the damage to me. When i contacted SMB I was told i would receive a call back about the matter. I never did. After 5 months and multiple calls i finally received a response saying that they are not take responsibility for the damage. What a joke!!

Kim Hopkinson

Kim HopkinsonDarwin, NT

Bad experience with this Company

Had my car transported from Perth to Darwin in Feb 2020. Car arrived damaged on the front valance. SMB will not take any responsibility for the damage, and we are left with a damaged car that was checked thoroughly when I dropped it off at their depot. They now say there is an $800.00 dollar excess, which was not part of our agreement with the agent we used called Moving Cars. Too many middle men, who will not offer any assistance either, would not use this company again.

Kynuna

KynunaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

DO NOT use this company for any vehicle transport!!!

Would not recommend

- Car transported Perth to Brisbane
- Very hard to get into contact with Perth office. Left a message with name + number and they never called back
- Kept having to call back for any updates on estimated drop off and felt like I was annoying them for wanting to know where my car was
- Workers seemed very unsure and couldn’t give clear answers and then was lied to about whereabouts of my car by other worker. Was told car was to arrive on certain day and that it was running late because of truck break down, called back closer to this estimated day to find out it wasn’t even placed on a truck yet?
- I would not recommend SMB transport, have been without my car for nearly a month and it’s still estimated to arrive in another week still

3.5
Anthony V.

Anthony V.Hunter Region, NSW

Fake 5-star reviews. 25 days for car to even leave the depot

Terrible service

Spent $1742 to get car transported from Melbourne to Darwin. Car sat in Melbourne depot for a month and Adelaide for a week. While in Adelaide my car was damaged. No contact was made to me. Car arrived in Darwin and only contact was to pick the car up. Arrived and nothing was mentioned about damage. Personal details for Andrew (owner) provided but all correspondence has been ignored and I have been made to feel like it’s my fault. Damage worth $3000 and company not willing to pay or compensate. Would definitely avoid this company at all costs

Troy

TroyIllawarra, NSW

Delivered without damage and personal belongings still in place.

Transported my vehicle from Perth to Sydney with personal belongings in the back. Vehicle and personal belongings arrived safe and sound. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Transit time was on the longer side of what was quoted, but I was told all carriers were busy clearing backlogs from recent highway closures.

Samantha W.

Samantha W.Darwin, NT

Not a honest company

terrible service

it took over 19 business days to get my car, and no one contacted me. This company is not helpful but waste my time. nasty company and service. They don't even have the good customer service.

Delivery TimeUnacceptably Late