Yun

YunFar North Queensland, QLD

Professional Car Transport Company

Yes, I was the sender and my package was picked up on time.
Yes, I was the receiver and my package arrived at the expected time and in good condition.
All good.

Delivery TimeOn Time

Review collected in partnership with SMB Australia Car Transport

Poor comms and big delays

Poor communication and significant delays in with zero explanation. No online tracking despite this being 2020. Run like a transport shop from the 80’s with endless excuses. Get with the program guys!

Kathy

Kathy

Do not use smb seven hills

Dropped my vehicle at the seven hills nsw depot sending to WA.What they tell you on the phone and in person isnt what happens. Do not rely on there estimated timeline it isn't reliable at all. Communication skills are poor.

SMB Australia C.SMB Australia Car Transport

Hi Kathy, I am sorry you feel this way.
Can I please have your job number so I'm able to look into this to try and ensure that we can improve.
Thanks, Daniella

Robyn M.

Robyn M.Katherine, NT

Disappointed

I negotiated w National Car Transport to move my car. I specifically asked that SMB be not used.
Was prepated to pay ectra w any other company.
Chose the "fastest option" and then had car sit in melbourne depot for 3 wks. Could not get straight answer from either company on where it was.
As i live on a station and we are locked in. I tried to explain i needed notice to not only get to drop off town but off property.
Sitting here waiting for 'driver' to contact me. Where when how.
Never use them again.!!!!! Urghh.
It better not be damaged.

Disappointing Service - Late Delivery and belongings missing

Jose Daniel S.

Jose Daniel S.South East Queensland, QLD

Never rely on the timeframe they give you....

1) Took more than a month to have the car at the city of destination
2) they dent the paintwork of the door, probably driver hit the door against the truck....

Troy

TroyIllawarra, NSW

Delivered without damage and personal belongings still in place.

Transported my vehicle from Perth to Sydney with personal belongings in the back. Vehicle and personal belongings arrived safe and sound. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Transit time was on the longer side of what was quoted, but I was told all carriers were busy clearing backlogs from recent highway closures.

B Alexandra

B AlexandraPerth, WA

A good job

I was dubious about using SMB as there are mixed review on here, but it ended up being fine. I shipped my car from Melbourne to Perth with items in the car, it cost a little over $1000.

They quoted me 15 days, but it took 3 weeks. I looked on the website and saw that they only move on business days, so it took 15 BUSINESS days which is fine, but they could have been clearer about the time estimate. To pick up in Perth they're only open 12pm-4pm weekdays which is hard if you work office hours.

But all in all, the car arrived, there doesn't appear to be any damage internally or externally, so I am pleased!! In conclusion: I would use SMB again.

Rob

RobMelbourne

Got the job done

Dropped my car off in Brisbane to be transported to Melbourne. Arrived a few days later than I was originally told and didnt get a call to organize delivery, they just turned up. Other than that was very satisfied, my car and all contents arrived no problems. Office staff were very pleasant to deal with and the bloke at the Brisbane depot went out of his way to wait around for me to bring my car in on a Friday afternoon, which saved me a lot of drama as i was booked for a flight the next morning.
Would use this company again.
Thanks!

Thanks Rob for your review, The SMB Team

Find out how SMB Australia Car Transport compares to other Couriers

Haven't even gotten my car yet

Got a car i bought sent through this company Melbourne to darwin got dropped off on the 16th july was told 15 working days when dropped off. Now i had just sent my old car to Melbourne from darwin through prix car which mind you only cost $800 and SMB id charging $1900 with goods for the same route but opposite direction and it arrived in only 5 working days so the next week i decided to call and ask for a rough eta and was then told 20 working days. So this week been called again and was told 15-16 working days but was then told it would be here next Wednesday which is 23 working days.... how does it take 5 days to go one way and 23 to go the other?

SMB Australia C.SMB Australia Car Transport

Hi, Do you have a booking number so we can look into this? Thank you

Good service!

I had no issue at all with the transport of my Hyundai IX35. I packed my car full of stuff from Sydney to Perth. Took approx 4 weeks as expected! I got accurate information every time I called to check up on the ETA.

Thank you Melanie for your review, it is greatly appreciated. The Team @ SMB

Dinah

DinahPerth, WA

Terrible service - communication poor, once they have your money not interested.

Sender or ReceiverBoth
SMB Australia C.SMB Australia Car Transport

Hi Dinah, Do you have a booking number so this can be looked into?

Andy

Takes too long and no contact

7 days so far from Syd to Melb and still haven’t received my car. No one has contacted me and I’ve had to follow up multiple times to find out what’s going on. SMB still can’t give me a date as the truck driver is apparently away. Meanwhile I’m paying rental fees whilst I wait.

SMB Australia C.SMB Australia Car Transport

Hi Andy, Do you have a booking number so I can look into this for you?
Thanks Daniella

Andy

Actually all solved now - and Donna was great at fixing it all up- so am happy now. Car was delivered in good condition and driver was very professional. Thanks for resolving.

Djnww

DjnwwSouth East Queensland, QLD

Impressive Delivery times

SMB offered the fastest and cheapest delivery of all the companies I called. My car was delivered from Sydney to Brisbane. Was quoted 8 days for delivery and pick up within 48 hours. The closest competitor had a 2 week delivery time with the majority being 3 weeks. Not only that, SMB delivered my car early, in just 5 days. Thank you very much.

One piece of advise. SMB should inform customers that their cars will be covered with duct tape. Imagine having a brand new car covered in tape and sticky residue left with no instructions on how to remove it. All you need to do is tell your customers to use bug/tar remover to wipe it away. If not, they are going to be left with a lot of swirl marks on their paint.

3.5
Matty F

Matty FBlacktown

Happy Delivery

I dropped a car off at the Seven Hills NSW Depot to be delivered to Western Australia. They inspected the car whilst I waited confirming with me and recording any cosmetic marks already on the car. My daughter was called the day the car arrived and she was able to leave it there for a few days until she had time to get there to pick it up. The car arrived in the same condition as when it left. The office staff were very helpful at both Depots. Highly recommend SMB Australia Car Transport.

Thanks Matty for your review, The SMB Team

Trouble free experience.

SMB transported my brand new VW Passat from a dealer in NSW to Perth, WA. They picked it up on the 30th June and I got the call to say that it had arrived on the 17th July.....way earlier then originally quoted date of 3rd August. Car was picked up from the depot with no issues. Mark at the Kewdale depot was friendly and helpful. Only thing was the car was a bit dusty but you get that traveling across the country! All in all, happy with the service and would use again.

SMB Australia C.SMB Australia Car Transport

Thank you Patrick for your review! As open carriers the vehicles do get a bit dusty, but we will work on this in the future. Thanks, SMB

Not worth the damage caused.

I had a car shipped with SMB auto transport a couple months ago. I wanted to wait until the smoke settled before writing a review. First, was the time. It took 3 weeks to ship from Sydney to Alice Springs, Australia which was a week longer than quoted originally, so that's one negative. More importantly, my front lip was pulled off the car. The nuts holding it in place were stripped. This also caused massive damage to the paint on the lip and front bumper. Although customer service was friendly, there was really no help from them on any part of the process. They never knew where my car was and refused to help fix the damage to the car. The price wasn't bad. It wasn't the cheapest and wasn't the most expensive.

Bill

Billsydney

good reliable supplier

We regularly transport vehicle around Australia, generally always good. Customer service at Seven Hills could be a little better but OK.

Sender or Receiverboth
SMB Australia C.SMB Australia Car Transport

Thanks Bill, we will work on that in Seven Hills. Your review is greatly appreciated. The Team at SMB

Review collected in partnership with SMB Australia Car Transport

Car not delivered as promised. Still waiting for delivery it has been 12 days.

Yes. But could never find out where my car was. Never again would i use this company. I lost business due to car not being delivered as promised.

Hi Bella, Do you have an SMB booking number so I can look into this? Thank you

SMB sucks

Do not use this company too transport anything . My husband still waiting for his vehicle since 2nd September to be sent to Darwin from Melbourne . It did not leave Melbourne 2 weeks after we left it with them because they were waiting for a truck, no communication too let us know we have too ring them to find out what's happening . Vehicle is suppose to be in Darwin this Friday 30th September, today my husband rings too get updates & now they say it will not be there till next Wednesday because truck has broken down in Alice springs again no communication too let us know what happened as my husband rang them today . Never again !!

Hi Jelena,
Do you have a booking number for this movement so I can look into this? Thank you

See all SMB Australia Car Transport reviews