Smeg C7GVXA / C7GMXA8

• Preheating Speed
barsha55

barsha55Central West, NSW

So,so disappointing!

We bought this freestanding stove especially for myself as I bake cakes, biscuits etc & use my oven at least every day or more. We purchased the stove a bit over 18 months ago & I've been disappointed since day one. My oven temperature burns the cakes etc on the bottom if not watched REALLY closely. The cooking is uneven some parts of brown, say with a roast lamb, while other parts not at all. In the beginning I had someone out twice to look at it, but the problem remained. Today was the last straw, my biscuits were in for exactly the same amount of time & one burned & the other were so pale, but would have burned on the bottom if left longer.

Purchased in September 2018 for A$2,712.00.

Safety
Preheating Speed
Product is usedDaily
Rodney M.Smeg

Dodgy oven clock - onto our 3rd clock in 6 years!

Date PurchasedAug 2011

Jay

Dodgy oven clock will cost you at least $99 to reset (instructions in manual don't work)

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Hi Steve,
Thanks, I will email you shortly. The clock was replaced a few days ago but I was charged the call-out fee despite being under warranty. Will hopefully chat with you soon.
Jay (actual name Dan).

Freestanding Ovens

Find out how Smeg C7GVXA / C7GMXA8 compares to other Freestanding Ovens

Amanda M

Amanda Mmelbourne

Smeg still #1 for cooking fabulous food

Still can't beat Smeg's fan forced cooking and its ability to keep anything moist no matter how much you cook it!
I love the telescopic trays that roll out with just a slight touch making it safe to pull out/check on your food
Dials are not only elegant but also nice and easy to read; not overly complicated and you don't have to keep referring to the manual for cryptic icon's and their meanings.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Brenda MGippsland

It cooks, but has been disappointing.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
rearrange

rearrangeAU

OK, not a perfect experience

Could have been better.

Loved the gas cooktop and electric oven combination. However, on one of the burners, the flame does not stay on. Apparently this is a comon issue and a technician call out will be required. Another common problem is the clock display. Parts of the clock display does not light up.
Easy to clean
Hassle to ring for technician to fix problems

Katie

KatieDarwin

All gas but electric grill

Oven only 4cm bigger than my old 600. 5 rings and space to rest pots/ dishes from oven is excellent. Love the combination of gas oven with the electric grill to brown up Roasts or get good crackling but you can only do this for an hour. Agree with other review about the lighting of the rings and stove. Simple with only 4 options for the oven and high or low for gas rings. Plastic legs disappointing and I don't feel they are as stable as metal.
Well made and designed
Plastic legs and smaller oven than expected.

Richie

RichieBendigo

Good for our space

I looked for a gas oven that would fit our kitchen rebuild. 900mm was too big so this Smeg at 700mm is a good fit. Oven size is not the full width so is not much bigger than what you would find in some 600mm ovens. Gas hobs are great and the top is easy to clean even if milk has boiled over - I am guilty of this and glad the stainless top is easy to wipe. You need to check that the gas oven is alight and stays alight - I leave the door ajar for 30 secs and this seems to be the key.
Easy to clean top, good controls, gas oven to save on electricity, good range of hob burners.

Freestanding Ovens

Find out how Smeg C7GVXA / C7GMXA8 compares to other Freestanding Ovens

Steve S.

Steve S.asked

C7GVXA / C7GMXA8

remove the oven to clean it now we've taken it back in the same position everything works bar the oven can you tell me what's wrong please

Steve S.

Steve S.asked

C7GVXA / C7GMXA8

Everything works bar the oven we moved it cuz we had to clean behind it put it back now the oven does not work can you tell me if there is a fuse

Rodney M.Smeg

Dear Steve S.,
Could you please contact our technical support team on 02 8667 4888 and they will be able to assist you.
Regards

Geoff

Geoffasked

C7GVXA8

We have the 700mm G7GVXA8 which was installed 2018 and the oven has stopped reaching temperature (max measured with an internal gauge is about 150C when on the ovens max setting), any ideas on this before we ask Smeg?
Geoff

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Geoff! Thank you for reaching out to us- we would love to have an opportunity to assist you with the problem that you have mentioned and make things right- can you kindly email us direct with your full name address and contact telephone number and we will then contact you direct to discuss this further our email address is service@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley- Kind Regards Smeg Australia

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

Compare all 2 Smeg C7GVXA / C7GMXA8
Max Temperature260 °C260 °C
Cooktop TypeGasGas
Number of Burners/Zones 55
Wok Burner YesYes
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateNov 2012Jul 2012