2Smeg CK2000 Series

Smeg CK2000 Series Questions & Answers

Wayne and Linda Z.
Wayne and Linda Z. · CK2000 Series

Our rangehood suddenly stopped working - both lights and fan. Power is on to the device. Is it time to call a service agent or is there some obscure reset.

DavieT
DavieT

There is no reset button, but there is a replaceable fuse on the circuit board.

Smeg frustration
Smeg frustration · CK2000 Series

Hi there. I have a Smeg CK2000HC (according to the label inside the rangehood - the previous owners installed it). The 3 x air (grease) filters need replacing but I can't work out where to get them from. There's an Aussie spare parts company that has some for the Smeg CK2000-76 but I can' tell if these are the same model and if the grease filters for the 76 will fit my one. Advise please.

Smeg   DM

Hi Smeg Frustration. Thank you for your enquiry. You would need to contact Smeg Australia direct if you wish to purchase these - our Spare Parts Department can be contacted via email - spareparts@smeg.com.au and please include your full name, address and a contact telephone number along with the model number of the rangehood, we will then contact you direct to discuss. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Frits C.
Frits C. · CK2000 Series

We have a SMEG CK2000 about 2 years ago and we are quite disappointed. Despite cleaning frequently in the dishwasher, it does not take a long time for it to drip grease and fat onto the smeg cooktop and any food that is being prepared.
We also had to replace one of the filters as metal bits fell off and into the food.

We contacted SMEG but they were unwilling to solve the issue, other than us replacing the 3 filters for $100 each + postage.

Rong L.
Rong L. · CK2000 Series

My CK 2000 range hood is 5 years old. Recently it started to have problems: when it is switched on the motor will delay to start working, the time of delay is irregular. What should we do please?

Smeg   DM

Hi Rong ! You should contact us so we can assist you! Please email us direct with your full name address and contact telephone number we would love to be able to assist you- our email address is service@smeg.com.au please mark to the attention of Lesley kind regards Smeg Australia

Des Hudson
Des Hudson · CK2000SS (76 cm)

We moved into our house only a month ago and my Smeg Rangehood constantly drips oil over my Smeg Cooktop. It started to happen after about the 3rd cook and has been a constant issue which is hugely disappointing. I have no idea where the oil is coming from.

Smeg   DM

Dear Des Hudson, Your grease filters require cleaning. The grease filters can be washed in the dishwasher, preferably by themselves. Also clean any residue around the motor housing unit with warm soapy water. We recommend cleaning the grease filters monthly to prevent this from happening. Hope this helps

Regards

Des Hudson

Thanks for the feedback guys but I have washed the filters numerous times already, both in the dishwasher and also by hand and while the filters appear to be clean, there is extra excess oil / grease coming from within the unit. As mentioned, the appliance is one month old and I wouldn’t have thought there should be a build up of grease / oil to this extent. Happy to hear your advice.

Dan J
Dan J · CK2000 Series

Smeg classic 791 is 2.5 years old and the LED lights stopped working. Both of them (they are connected in series). Is this a fault with the lights - I would expect them to last longer.

Smeg   DM

Dear Dan J, Sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing with your rangehood. Could you please email our National Service Manager, steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your telephone contact details, address and the problems you are experiencing with your appliance. Once he has this information, he can ascertain how to best rectify the problem.

Regards

Impression
Impression · CK2000SS (76 cm)

Hi just installed my Smeg CK2000 but gosh it’s so loud! Is there a way to reduce that noise?! It’s ridiculous!

Smeg   DM

Hi, We suggest you contact your installer to double check the ducting by removing the duct from the motor and then turning the machine on. If the noise goes away, then the issue is with the ducting and if not, then please contact our Service Department on 02 8667 4833 to arrange a service.

Regards,

Smeg Tech Support.

Russell Dawe
Russell Dawe · CK2000 Series

Hi I recently purchased a 52cm smeg classic 591 powerpack and when I when I switch the main on to the rangehood the lights flash and there is a noise in the machingand then they go out. It works but what is this. I have doubled checked the mains power and connections. Why would this be happening?

Smeg   DM

Hi Russell please call service on 02 8667 4833 and have a technician check your range hood. Thanks Chris

Lara
Lara · CK2000 Series

Hi, Would this product cover the fumes from a 90cm Stovetop? Thanks

Shawn
Shawn

My oven/ cooktop is 90cm, so yes it does. It is the most powerful out of the range I believe, so if you needed to, you could put it on high to take up the cooking fumes etc. We usually run ours on the lowest, and it is sufficient. I love mine! Hope this helps.

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

Select a listing for your question
Smeg CK2000 Series