Smeg DOSPA6395X

MPNs: 35982604, 6344 and DOSPA6395X
Listing monitored by Smeg

24 questions from our users

Scotty Macasked

Hello my parents bought this oven DOSPA6395X less than 18 months ago.
It’s having a few issues, the knobs are getting super hot as in it burns you. Bottom oven not heating up properly.
Need assistance please.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Scotty Mac, Thank you for reaching out. Can you please email us with your parents full name address and contact telephone number so that we can organise an inspection/ repair. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind regards, Smeg Australia.

Scotty Mac

I have, thank you for the swift response. As this was a staff purchase for them I’m struggling with a receipt. Just trying to work it out.
Would be a real shame knowing this product has failed so quickly after installing and given that it is burning the user.

Leighasked

I was just about to buy this oven. Apart from the various concerns above, I am most concerned at the exploding glass issue. Is this still a problem with this oven?

Geki
Geki

Leigh i was worried about this too. The repairer who replaced the metal on the front of my oven, said that only if the glass is left very dirty or covered in oil during pyrolitic does it explode. Having said that, i am yet to use that function as it worries me too.

Leigh

Thank you for your reply! I think I am going to go with another brand I found. A bit dearer but excellent reviews. Thanks for taking the time to reply and best wishes for non-exploding glass. I'm so excited but so nervous!! :)

Rachel L

I have never had an issue with exploding glass but big issues with the pyrolitic function. It works so well it damages internal enamel lining. It not only cleans oven but it weakens enamel cavity. This would be my third oven. Bought a newer model thinking newer one wd be better but I think it is worse.

Karen Bulstrode
Karen Bulstrodeasked

How do I remove the top hand rail on my oven? It prevents the oven being fully pushed back into wall

Dear Karen,
This is not possible. You will need to modify your joinery to make it fit correctly.

Fred

the top rail holds all your controllers to the computer on top of the oven. I suggest you modify your cupboard and get a covering plate made at a joinery works. I hope this is helpful cheers Fred.

Lise L.
Lise L.asked

Wow I was just about to buy one of these but after all these problems I think I will steer clear! Is Smeg recalling these or rectifying the problems on this model? Now I know why they are all on sale with a cash back deal.

Fred

SMEG installed a brand new one upgraded and it now works a DREAM. We had a small wait but with covid the timing was great. The cooking baking is all great and easy to use. I had my doubts first up but are now extremely happy with oven and level of service from SMEG.

Donna
Donnaasked

I love this oven and use it very regularly, I clean it with the pyrolitic eco every 6 months we bought it in early 2017 but wasn't installed until late 2017 when we renovated our kitchen today I used the pyrolitic eco feature and the inner glass exploded this should not happen as this wasn't a cheap oven to buy not a happy customer this is the first time we have bought a Smeg item very disappointed that this has happened.

Rachel L

You have to keep glass spotless all the time otherwise build up of oil on glass can cause it too heat up too much while cooking and can be a reason for glass exploding so I have been told. Also when shutting oven door make sure all accessories ie runners are pushed in dnt use door to do this as over time weakens glass and can be another reason for glass to explode. Hope this helps. Interested to know has your inner enamel started to deteriorate ie how many pyro cleans have you done as this is still a problem I am experiencing.

Dear Donna,
Could you please email service@smeg.com.au with your name, address and contact number and mark it to the attention of Lesley. Once she has this information, she will be in direct contact with you.

Dear Rachel L,
Have you contacted us regarding your ongoing issue? If not, please email us at the above address. There should not be a problem with the enamel during pyrolysis as the enamel is baked at 850 degrees. During the pyro clean the oven reaches close to 500 degrees. There is no limit to how many pyro cleans you can carry out, but it usually is once every 3 or 4 months depending on your cooking style.

Julie P
Julie Pasked

After a couple of weeks use, my top oven has no display or response. There is power to the oven, as the lower small oven turns on both heat and light. Suggestions?

Dear Julie P,

Mandy
Mandyasked

Had our oven for just over 12 month and was cooking a roast and the oven kept tripping the main circuit breaker . Any idea what could be wrong
Thanks Mandy

Fred

our oven would not shut off and had to manually trip it at power box. we have had a constant flow of problems with this machine and are awaiting a reply from SMEG. they tried switching out circuit boards but not compatiable with this heap. our machine was brand new and we kept a log of everytime it stuffed up. 14 times in 3 months. thank christ we have a backup cooking system. what a waste of money.

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Mandy and Fred, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address, contact details and also if you can advise who serviced your appliance Fred. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

Tim H.
Tim H.

I have the same problem with this oven only 4 months old
After finish cooking I press the right knob for 3 seconds hear a beep and display comes up asking "Interrupt program function" with choices left and right between "yes" and "no". However neither of the knobs works when I press to be able to answer "yes". The oven display is hung on the yes no screen. I have had to go down to the fuse box to turn the oven off at the circuit board.

Cherie W.
Cherie W.asked

How do you permanently turn off the child lock which we accidentally activated. It seems we can turn it off but not for more than a minute and then it's back on again.

Hi Cherie W.,
Thanks for your enquiry. Go to the settings menu and select the control lock and turn it off. Please refer to your instruction manual for further information.
Hope this helps

Norma Prior
Norma Priorasked

Howdoes control knob work on dospa6395x oven mine does not respond Norma

Hi Norma
The control knob works by pushing in then releasing it then turn to the right or left. If this does not work please call Smeg service on 02 8667 4833 to arrange a service.

steve
steveasked

Hi,
Had the oven installed a month ago all seemed to work ok
Using last night and opened oven door to allow cake to cool and noticed no power
It had tripped the main circuit breaker ?

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Steve, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and contact details. Once I have this information I will be in a position to arrange a service call to have this matter fixed. Regards, Steve Cullen

JTun
JTunasked

Why does my Botton grill oven come on every time I want to use the oven. Not easy instructions to follow , all I want to do is cook in oven.

Hi JTun,
Please call our customer support team on 02 8667 4888 and they will be able to assist you.

JTun
JTunasked

Natasha
Natashaasked

I'm wanting to use the oven, just with the fan ALONE. As you do in a standard, fan forced oven. However when I turn to the fan alone function, the fan turns etc, but it doesn't heat up. I let it run for 15 mins thinking it may take a while to heat up, but no, nothing, no heat whatsoever. Any idea's?

Tim8Debasked

How do we override the door locking when this oven is cooking or cooling. Cant seem to do anything when it is locked. Is there a way around this . We have been studying the product manual and cant find it anywhere.

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Tim8Deb, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and contact details as the appliance should not lock whist cooking. Once I have this information I will be in a position to arrange a service call to have the problem fixed. Regards, Steve Cullen

Thanks Steve. I've emailed you. Deb

Kevin E
Kevin Easked

The light in the auxiliary oven does not turn on. It never has. What turns it on? Do we just need a new globe in a new oven?

Dear Kevin E,
You will need to change the light globe.

Phryne
Phryneasked

Hi, How do you use timer to let you know when food is cooked? How do you turn the top oven off? Thanks for your help.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Phryne. Thanks for your enquiry. We would love to assist you with this over the telephone - can you please call us direct and we can help you - our phone number is 02 8667 4888. Also, we can discuss with you ( dependant on your location ) where you can attend our cooking classes. Kind Regards SMEG AUSTRALIA

georgengasked

Hi I also have a SMEG DOSPA6395X oven. Its also almost brand new. After the oven is on after good period of time, I cannot switch it off unless I reset it off the mains switch. The left hand switch has been replaced and the main circuit board but the fault is still there. This seems intermittent after the oven is on over a period of time. My understanding of the switches is that the one on the very left side is the one that you press to bring up the screen then you flick the know to select y/n to stop. My symptoms are when you press that switch nothing happens, no y/n option and the oven continues to operate. Technican is coming in again but I don't know what he will swap next. Any ideas?

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Georgeng thank you for your feedback, can you please let us know how the Technician went when he attended your call ? Can you also provide us with your full name, address and a contact telephone number? Our email is: service@smeg.com.au please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind Regards, SMEG AUSTRALIA

georgeng

I have reply your email.

Kupa N.asked

Three weeks ago had new SMEG DOSPA6395X installed. Went through the process of first use with no problems. Everything seems to work, clock is set, tried different presets for cooking. BUT when when I try to interrupt the program to stop cooking or when I just want to turn off the oven it will not stop. Nothing will interrupt it. The only way to shut the oven off is by the mains switch. It will not shut off by holding in the program switch as suggested. I have tried many things. Three weeks old and it's scary.... It will not turn off... except for mains power board. Any help?

Hi Kupa N,
To turn off the oven, press and hold the right hand switch.
The cooling fan will keep going until a cool temperature is reached. If the oven is still hot after a period of time, please contact our Service Department on 02 8667 4833 to arrange a service call.

Regards,
Smeg Tech Support.

Kupa N.

Thanks for the response. I will call service dept.

Andreas K.
Andreas K.asked

Hi There,

This seems such a simple request it's almost silly but.... I & my mother were trying to use our new DOSPA3695X oven - particulalry the lower oven/grill to simply grill a cheese sandwich, but we cant seem to (& don't know how to) switch on the lower grill oven and the PDF instructions although voluminous don't seem to describe this simple procedure?

Please help,

Andreas

Steve C.Smeg

Hi Andreas turn the function switch to grill set the thermostat to 180 and close the door, the door must be closed.
Regards Smeg tech support

Raeleneasked

Our oven was installed today. I have run both ovens on high for an hour as per instructions. But I cannot seem to turn the main oven off successfully. I have interrupted the process and said yes and pressed the button multiple times. Eventually the fan stopped spinning, however I can still hear it and feel heat coming out from the top of the door. When the clock comes back up it has the bars underneath and the temperature is still 2-3 bars along.
What am I doing wrong?

Germaine
Germaine

Your oven is in cool down mode. Once you have operated it and then stopped the process the bars will return to show you that it is cooling. You should notice that as it cools the bars will loose their colour. You will still feel the warmth and hear the slowing of the fam. This is perfectly normal. Hope this helps.

Raelene

Thank you so much for your answer. Once I saw that the bars were reducing I realised that it must be cooling down. But I couldn’t find any reference to this in the manual. It would be useful putting this information in the section about interrupting and stopping the cooking process. At this early stage of owning the oven I must say I’m finding the operation quite confusing. I hope it gets easier with time.

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

Other Wall Ovens