Smeg DOSPA6395X

Smeg DOSPA6395X Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

MPN: DOSPA6395X
Listing monitored by Smeg

24 questions from our users

Mary Ellen
Mary Ellenasked

How do you set the oven controls up
Have no idea how to use this oven, haven’t used it as yet since I had it installed
And the fan in oven won’t turn off?

Smeg

Hi Mary Ellen if the fan does not stop there is a fault in the oven you will need a technician to look at your oven, please call Smeg service on 02 8667 4833 to arrange a service call.
Regards Smeg tech support

Germaine
Germaine

hello I downloaded the manual off the SMEG site as it does not come with the purchase of the oven. It is a large document of around 70+ pages. I would turn the oven off at the mains and reset it to stop the fan. Until it is looked at by a technician I would not use that function. Hope this helps.

Wendy
Wendyasked

Started using our new Smeg oven first time end of July. As soon as I use Fan Assist it trips the circuit breaker. What would be wrong with it? Do I go back to Retravision?

Steve C.Smeg

Hi Wendy. Thank you for your question. My name is Steve Cullen and I am the National Service and Spare Parts Manager for Smeg Australia. I would like to assist you with your enquiry. Can you please email me direct: steve.cullen@smeg.com.au and provide me with your full name, address and a contact telephone number. I will then be in direct contact with you to discuss this matter. Regards Steve.

Anna
Anna

Hey Wendy, I would suggest maybe talking to the person that installed it. I’ve had no problem with ours. it sounds like it may not be connected properly.

Sparkymark
Sparkymark

Hi Wendy, perhaps discuss with SEMG in the first instance before contacting the installer.

Melasked

We are considering buying this double oven. How loud is the fan when cooking and also when cooling down? Our last SMEG oven (SDO12) was extremely loud. It was very noticeable even 5+ metres away (to the side, not in front). We can't find any display that allows operation beyond the demo mode.

Rodney M.Smeg

Hi Mel,
Thank you for your enquiry regarding the Smeg double oven. All our oven models use the same type of cooling fan. If you return to your preferred retailer, ask them if they have a working Smeg oven of any built in oven model on the floor, you will be able to hear how loud the cooling fan is. You are also welcome to come to our showroom and we can demonstrate the cooling fan operation on our working models.
Regards

Mel

Thank you for the quick response. How many showrooms do you have in Sydney? When are they open? Other than that, do you know what retailers have working ovens on the floor?

byron
byronasked

Saved for many months to buy this oven. paid the recommended retail price + installation from good guys recommended installation electrician.
had to wait weeks for them to come out and install only to find the first i go to use my new bundle of joy tonight that i can't turn the bloody thing on, front screen of top oven will not let me set time or language (keeps showing Error 1 message). I'd agree with the language not working as i have cursed at this thing for about 4 hours now and it still won't work. Even googled swear words in french to see if that might help.

tried turning off power to house to reset it. went back to 00:00 but still wouldn't let me set time or use any cooking functions etc.
googled full instructions looking for a trouble shoot but can't seem to find anything about this error 1 message.
bottom oven works but is small and really a grilling oven.

Am i the lemon or have i just inherited one. anyone got any ideas?
Byron

Smeg

Hi Byron Error 1 is a faulty temperature probe, it may be a loose wire please call Smeg service on 02 8667 4833 to arrange for a technician to look at your oven.
Regards Chris

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

Other Wall Ovens