Smeg DOSPA6395X

Smeg DOSPA6395X

MPN: DOSPA6395X
See the Best Wall Ovens in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Smeg

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Preheating Speed

Flaking Enamel Paint.

Flaking enamel inside oven

Built a new house May 2018. November 2019 noticed the enamel coating on top inside of oven flaking off. Rang Smeg, got a replacement oven. Noticed it has happened again (May 2021), only had this oven for 15 months. Contacted Smeg, took photos. Spoke to a customer service rep who wasn’t overly helpful and didn’t seem to care for issue. Not sure too many customers want enamel in their food. Another new oven order but not installed yet. Don’t have much trust in this product and wouldn’t recommend. Have also had display go completely blank half way through cooking.

Purchased in December 2019.

GekiGold Coast

Good customer service

We have this oven and whilst not our favourite choice the customer support that we have received from Smeg has been excellent. Please follow up with suggestions here and Smeg will respond. That is what we did.

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for $3,000.00.

FredWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Expensive dissapointment

The very day it was installed by professional electricians, the screen froze and no switches would work. Turned off at mains to reset on advice from SMEG. Since then 3 more freezes and wouldn't turn off. Rang SMEG and warranty people came today 30/6/20 to inspect the oven and it froze on them,now making it 5 times in only 5 weeks. We now await a whole new control panel and hope it works.

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $3,388.00.

Wall Ovens

Find out how Smeg DOSPA6395X compares to other Wall Ovens

Rachel LNew South Wales

SMEG DOSPA6395X - Double Pyrolitic oven

Purchased in March 2020 at Kitchen Things for $3,600.00.

Max
MaxWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Will never purchase a SMEG again

I regret purchasing this expensive oven that will need to be replaced in just a few years. The finish on the oven door is of such a poor quality and the clear coating of the stainless steel is not made to laste. It started rusting in the first 12 months. I contacted the manufacturer who arranged for a replacement at the 18 month mark - but its already showing the same symptoms (replaced 9 months ago).

The locking mechanism that locks the door for the pyrolytic function has only ever worked once, and now i use a length of kitchen twine to keep the lock engaged so it can be cleaned.

The oven itself functions well and gets hot fast - so that's something.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $3,350.00.

geejay
geejaySydney, NSW

Substantial issues with programs and controls

recurrent issues with inabilty to turn off main oven in double oven Smeg
and having computerised controls unresponsive;
necessitating turning off power at mains board;
thereafter computer controls seem to reset on repower.
this is absolutely unacceptable and has been reported repeatedly,
yet the product is remaining on the market WITHOUT CORRECTION.
I have had to rate it one star as the minimum rating,
whereas the computer controls are UNSAFE and a negative rating is valid!

Lesley R.Smeg

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Jason Vic.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Smeg DOSPA6395X exploding inner glass door

Has been a great oven until i tried the pyrolytic cleaning. 40 minutes into the operation, the inner glass door exploded, showering glass out the door, and spraying it around the kitchen. My toddler grand-daughter had been walking around the kitchen playing while i was cleaning, only 5 minutes earlier. So lucky!!

Purchased in July 2016.

Jason Vic.

thank you for your prompt reply, i have emailed you and look forward to a speedy resolution.

Jason Vic.

Having followed up with the company and there representatives, they will be sending out a new inner glass, fantastic.

Daniel R.
Daniel R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Oven glass exploded when in cleaning mode

After 11 weeks with our new kitchen, we decided to use the pyrolytic clean while hosting a dinner party. Shortly after sitting down the oven exploded like a gunshot! Glass exploded and shot out across our house, over our guests and food! We were (and still are) in so much shock. There is no way I can recommend this product to anyone.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances.

Wall Ovens

Find out how Smeg DOSPA6395X compares to other Wall Ovens

IsabelSydney, NSW

Not great, regretting the buy!

So disappointed. We had our new smeg oven installed in our new kitchen. We used it for the first time tonight. Terrible experience. After 1 1/2 hours it stopped working and the display screen is blank. Cannot turn it on. Only the light will work. Really!!! I haven’t contacted smeg yet as it just happened. I googled trouble shooting as there really isn’t anything in the manual. I came across this website. Wish I read these reviews before I purchased it. Fingers crossed it gets sorted quickly.

Charles
CharlesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great oven ... shame about the cash back promise!

A great oven and we're very happy with the appliance. It took a while to learn the controls but the results have been great and better than we expected. Sadly the offer of a cashback that has failed to materialise was a disappointment.

Purchased in June 2019.

Scotty Macasked

Hello my parents bought this oven DOSPA6395X less than 18 months ago.
It’s having a few issues, the knobs are getting super hot as in it burns you. Bottom oven not heating up properly.
Need assistance please.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Scotty Mac, Thank you for reaching out. Can you please email us with your parents full name address and contact telephone number so that we can organise an inspection/ repair. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind regards, Smeg Australia.

Scotty Mac

I have, thank you for the swift response. As this was a staff purchase for them I’m struggling with a receipt. Just trying to work it out.
Would be a real shame knowing this product has failed so quickly after installing and given that it is burning the user.

Leighasked

I was just about to buy this oven. Apart from the various concerns above, I am most concerned at the exploding glass issue. Is this still a problem with this oven?

Geki

Leigh i was worried about this too. The repairer who replaced the metal on the front of my oven, said that only if the glass is left very dirty or covered in oil during pyrolitic does it explode. Having said that, i am yet to use that function as it worries me too.

Leigh

Thank you for your reply! I think I am going to go with another brand I found. A bit dearer but excellent reviews. Thanks for taking the time to reply and best wishes for non-exploding glass. I'm so excited but so nervous!! :)

Rachel L

I have never had an issue with exploding glass but big issues with the pyrolitic function. It works so well it damages internal enamel lining. It not only cleans oven but it weakens enamel cavity. This would be my third oven. Bought a newer model thinking newer one wd be better but I think it is worse.

Karen Bulstrode
Karen Bulstrodeasked

How do I remove the top hand rail on my oven? It prevents the oven being fully pushed back into wall

Dear Karen,
This is not possible. You will need to modify your joinery to make it fit correctly.
Regards

Fred

the top rail holds all your controllers to the computer on top of the oven. I suggest you modify your cupboard and get a covering plate made at a joinery works. I hope this is helpful cheers Fred.

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

CategoryWall Ovens
Price (RRP) $3,950.00
Oven FuelElectricity
Type Convection
SizeDouble
Capacity120L
FeaturesChild Safety Lock and Pyrolytic (Self-Cleaning)
Dimensions 884 x 597 x 567 mm