Smeg DOSPA6395X

Smeg DOSPA6395X

MPN: DOSPA6395X
See the Best Wall Ovens in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Smeg

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Preheating Speed

Flaking Enamel Paint.

Rodney M.Smeg

Flaking enamel inside oven

Built a new house May 2018. November 2019 noticed the enamel coating on top inside of oven flaking off. Rang Smeg, got a replacement oven. Noticed it has happened again (May 2021), only had this oven for 15 months. Contacted Smeg, took photos. Spoke to a customer service rep who wasn’t overly helpful and didn’t seem to care for issue. Not sure too many customers want enamel in their food. Another new oven order but not installed yet. Don’t have much trust in this product and wouldn’t recommend. Have also had display go completely blank half way through cooking.

Purchased in December 2019.

Other Wall Ovens

FredWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Expensive dissapointment

The very day it was installed by professional electricians, the screen froze and no switches would work. Turned off at mains to reset on advice from SMEG. Since then 3 more freezes and wouldn't turn off. Rang SMEG and warranty people came today 30/6/20 to inspect the oven and it froze on them,now making it 5 times in only 5 weeks. We now await a whole new control panel and hope it works.

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $3,388.00.

Product is used Several times a week
Rachel LNew South Wales

SMEG DOSPA6395X - Double Pyrolitic oven

Purchased in March 2020 at Kitchen Things for $3,600.00.

Wall Ovens

Find out how Smeg DOSPA6395X compares to other Wall Ovens

Jason Vic.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Smeg DOSPA6395X exploding inner glass door

Has been a great oven until i tried the pyrolytic cleaning. 40 minutes into the operation, the inner glass door exploded, showering glass out the door, and spraying it around the kitchen. My toddler grand-daughter had been walking around the kitchen playing while i was cleaning, only 5 minutes earlier. So lucky!!

Purchased in July 2016.

Jason Vic.

thank you for your prompt reply, i have emailed you and look forward to a speedy resolution.

Jason Vic.

Having followed up with the company and there representatives, they will be sending out a new inner glass, fantastic.

GermaineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Exploding inner glass during pyrolytic clean

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Germaine

I look forward to your speedy reply.

AnnhAU

Fan died on Feb 2017 .am disgusted need working oven . Paid a lit of money for this oven .now feel n

Very happy with performance .
Not happy with its staying power , did not last too long .expected it to performe for longer .
For the price I payed I expected it to last longer
Have not got price for repairs yet but am waiting for mechanic to come to estimate cost

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Annh

Thank you for your promp reply , I I will be in touch tomorrow ?

Annh

Have contacted local Rep. Waiting for him to ring me , will keep you updated .

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

Scotty Macasked

Hello my parents bought this oven DOSPA6395X less than 18 months ago.
It’s having a few issues, the knobs are getting super hot as in it burns you. Bottom oven not heating up properly.
Need assistance please.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Scotty Mac, Thank you for reaching out. Can you please email us with your parents full name address and contact telephone number so that we can organise an inspection/ repair. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind regards, Smeg Australia.

Scotty Mac

I have, thank you for the swift response. As this was a staff purchase for them I’m struggling with a receipt. Just trying to work it out.
Would be a real shame knowing this product has failed so quickly after installing and given that it is burning the user.

Leighasked

I was just about to buy this oven. Apart from the various concerns above, I am most concerned at the exploding glass issue. Is this still a problem with this oven?

Geki
Geki

Leigh i was worried about this too. The repairer who replaced the metal on the front of my oven, said that only if the glass is left very dirty or covered in oil during pyrolitic does it explode. Having said that, i am yet to use that function as it worries me too.

Leigh

Thank you for your reply! I think I am going to go with another brand I found. A bit dearer but excellent reviews. Thanks for taking the time to reply and best wishes for non-exploding glass. I'm so excited but so nervous!! :)

Rachel L

I have never had an issue with exploding glass but big issues with the pyrolitic function. It works so well it damages internal enamel lining. It not only cleans oven but it weakens enamel cavity. This would be my third oven. Bought a newer model thinking newer one wd be better but I think it is worse.

Karen Bulstrode
Karen Bulstrodeasked

How do I remove the top hand rail on my oven? It prevents the oven being fully pushed back into wall

Rodney M.Smeg

Dear Karen,
This is not possible. You will need to modify your joinery to make it fit correctly.
Regards

Fred

the top rail holds all your controllers to the computer on top of the oven. I suggest you modify your cupboard and get a covering plate made at a joinery works. I hope this is helpful cheers Fred.

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

CategoryWall Ovens
Price (RRP) $3,950.00
Oven FuelElectricity
Type Convection
SizeDouble
Capacity120L
FeaturesChild Safety Lock and Pyrolytic (Self-Cleaning)
Dimensions 884 x 597 x 567 mm