Smeg Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

Smeg Drip Coffee Machine DCF02 Questions & Answers

DCF02BLAU (Black), DCF02WHAU (White), DCF02PGAU (Pastel Green), etc...

14 questions from our users

Kristy P
Kristy Pasked
Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

Had my smeg for a week now and have tried a few things like rinsing the both the carafe and my cup with hot water but the coffee is still not hot, I would say that once a small amount of milk is added I may as well have just used warm tap water its that bad. A near $300 machine should not need me to microwave the coffee for 30 seconds after its made to even be close to hot, i don't get the point of the keep warm function when its not hot to begin with? Is this just the machine or do I have a faulty one?

CHrisu
CHrisuasked
Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

Why doesn’t my coffe pot drip water? I press start then the warming light lights up and it stops

Lauren B.
Lauren B.

Mine is doing the same thing! Did you ever figure this out?

Máirtín M.
Máirtín M.asked
Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

Why do I have to turn the machine off and on again between cup of coffee?

Dear Mairtin M.,
Are you talking about the espresso machine or drip filter machine? Could you please confirm?

Loran
Loranasked
Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

My machine will not turn on. Its less than a year old. What can I do to troubleshoot it?

Anthea L.
Anthea L.asked

Hi all,
What is the best type of ground coffee for this machine? As in fine/medium/course etc
Thanks!

DonnaKasked
Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

Im finding the coffee isn’t hot enough when i add a tiny amount of milk can I increase the temperature

Hi Donna K,
Thanks for your enquiry. The coffee temperature cannot be adjusted. We would recommend preheating the cup to keep the coffee hotter.

DonnaK

Inconvenient as it is would it be possible to add boiling water to tank

Hi Donna,
Only cold water can be used as it's heated to the correct temperature to brew the coffee.

Isabel
Isabelasked
Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

The 4 cups function doesnt light up — happened after 2 weeks of owning the machine. We already had it replaced with a new machine, but the same problem occurred and we had no choice but to return it. I love the coffee it made but having a faulty product just doesn’t make sense for the price I’m paying.

Emma K.
Emma K.asked
Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

The auto start function wont set anymore. It worked fine for a week and then just stopped lighting up or setting. Pressing the button takes you to the timer setting, but that's it. I've seen other enquiries with the same issue. Is this a known issue or is there a workaround? Is it covered under warranty?

Dear Emma K.,
Could you please email diamondservice@smeg.com.au with your name, address and contact number? Once they have this information, they will be in direct contact with you.

Christina L.
Christina L.

I have the same issue

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Christina L Thank you for your review. It is indeed unfortunate that you have experienced this problem. Have you contacted us to discuss this? We would love to have an opportunity to assist you further. If you have not contacted us, can you please email us direct with your full name, address and contact telephone number along with a photo of the Coffee machine and the base that shows the serial number on it. Once we have this information we will contact you direct to discuss. Our email address is diamondservice@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Dan
Danasked
DCF02CRAU (Cream)

My machine is so far great but for some reason the 4 cup brewer button does not light up after the first time I used it. Is there a trick or is the light broke ? I used the button to open the settings menu so it must be working...?

mitchel

If you have internet log on to this; https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1610071/Smeg-50-S-Style-Series.html?page=11#manual
go to page 14 and follow the instructions.
If it does not work invoke your warranty.

Amanda
Amandaasked
Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

Hello, my coffee is just not hot enough. If i drink it black straight from the jug its ok to drink immediately. If i add milk, its too cold? How do I make sure my coffee is hot enough (and I don’t usually have very hot coffee so I know this is an issue!)

mitchel

Mine brews perfectly and is always good even with milk. Take it back to where you purchased it from for your warranty replacement.

Lockiasked
Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

I bought my Smeg Drip yesterday and used the auto start setting which worked at the time selected (this morning 7am). Trying to set it for tomorrow the auto start button won’t seem to light up like it did yesterday? If I click it once it shows the time to start and if I hold it down I can change that time but I’m unsure if the mode is actually selected now that it doesn’t light up?? Is this normal?

mitchel

I had the same trouble, I read the instructions over and over and but gave up as I don't really need that setting so I just switch it on at the power point when I want to use it, then push the power button (push hard and in and let go) it should light up and start brewing which is a fairly rapid completion. The unit is not the ultimate in design as the water jug is obstructed by the top lid from fully filling up the coffee maker and have to use a smaller utensil to complete filling it. Only a minor convenience but apart from that it does the job and is a nice looking unit.

Vicki
Vicki

Hi, is the coffee nice and hot when it comes out? And does it stay hit for a period? Thanks.Am finding it hard to find a machine that produces hot coffee.

Locki

Hi, the temperature when it’s ready is drinkable hot. We noticed it doesn’t stay hot for too much longer after it is ready

Onjel C.asked
Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

My machine was working really well for 3 months and suddenly the coffee is pouring really slow, the water is over heating and the coffee is really burnt. I have performed 3 descaling cycles and nothing hacks changed. What do I do?

Dear Onjel C.,
Does this happen when using the one or two cup filter? Have you changed the type/grind of coffee you are using?

Onjel C.

I tried both one and two cups.
I also tried just running water through with no coffee and it's still really slow.

Also there is much more steam being produced, enough to burn your hand

All signs point to a blockage

Dear Onjel C.,
The coffee machine has a 2 year warranty with the first year being a replacement warranty. Please take it back to where you purchased it from for a replacement.

Lou F.
Lou F.asked
Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

I’ve just bought Smeg drip coffee machine. My question is.I’ve made coffee and I haven’t used it all I can keep it warm for 60 minutes how can I keep it on after that time if I haven’t finished the coffee after that time

Coffee
Coffeeasked
Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

Which cleaner does SMEG recommend to descale my DCF02PGUS Coffee Maker?

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi there - thanks for your enquiry. This is an Australian product review site. Looking at the model number you have quoted, it would appear that you are located in the USA? If so, there is a youtube video on the Smeg USA website that you might find helpful. I will try and put the link here for you :

Kind Regards, Lesley at Smeg Australia.

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

Smeg Drip Coffee Machine DCF02