Smeg Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

Smeg Drip Coffee Machine DCF02 Questions & Answers

DCF02CRAU (Cream), DCF02BLAU (Black), DCF02PBAU (Pastel Blue), etc... (See All)
Listing monitored by Smeg

28 questions from our users

Shaun L.
Shaun L.asked
Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

Recently purchased this, is there a way to make the coffe more hot on a 2 cup cycle? And also the 4 cup button Dosent work is there a trick to this

Shannon

haven’t heard of the temperature being able to be changed i’m sure there’s a youtube video on the how to. i just fill the water to 4 cups and ground coffee to the same amount. best to contact Smeg

Selena M.asked

Hello,
I have recently purchased this, is there a way to turn on the keep warm plate without having to brew 10 cups of coffee? I'm not finding the coffee hot enough at all

Hi Selena M.,
You can put less water in the tank and not press the 4-cup button. This will activate the warming function at the end of the brewing cycle.

Selena M.

Ok great, I wasn't sure I was allowed to run the machine without water. Thanks so much for your reply :)

Hi Selena,
It is always important to fill the tank before running the machine. Just fill the tank to the amount of cups you want to make.

Angelika B.asked
Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

We purchased our Smeg drip coffee two days ago (20/07/22) and this evening when setting it to automatically turn on in the morning, both the lever up (+) and the OK (push) stopped working. The lever only works by down (-). It’s so disheartening as we were really happy with the coffee machine so far. Is there a way to troubleshoot this problem? Or is it a mechanical issue?
Thank you for your response in advance.
Angelika

Shannon

I know there is a setting on the machine to make it automatically brew at a certain time, youtube may help with this. Have you tried unplugging the machine? also best to contact Smeg if that doesn’t resolve it as it should be in warranty

Shannon

Yayy! love to hear it :)

Tim P.asked

Hi,

Recently bought the Smeg drip filter coffee machine, haven't used it yet as the anti drip valve has fallen out and we can't get it back in with the spring as well, further info would be great,

Shannon

Hey, i would call Smeg for this issue. i haven’t come across anything like that before. seems like you might need a new one.

Tim P.

Alright no dramas, thanks for the quick reply. Very much appreciated

Joe J.
Joe J.asked
Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

I tried to descale the machine it didn’t work no water came out of it. Then I put on normal cycle same nothing came out
Could you please help

Shannon

Hi Joe, please see link to assist the descaling process. https://youtu.be/pNRytiH1Rrk

if this doesn’t work might be best contacting Smeg for warranty

Paris
Parisasked
Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

Last night I descaled my coffee pot as normal, I ran two water cycles as it is recommended to do so. This morning I woke up hoping my automatic starter would have kicked in, it did not. I tried to make coffee manually, the on button flashed as normal however the coffee did not brew. The coffee machine will no longer do anything!

What can I do??

Linda
Lindaasked

Could you please help

Dear Linda,
Could you please email diamondservice@smeg.com.au with your name, address and contact number? Once they have this information, they will be in direct contact with you.

Melisse
Melisseasked
Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

Hi, I recently purchase a Smeg Drip Coffee Machine. When I push the 4cup feature so that only 4 cups are made, it does not work. It uses all the water in my water tank, so if I put 10cups of water in the water tank, the full 10cups of water is used, even thought I selected the 4 cup feature. Is this how it’s meant to work?

the once a year t.
the once a year t.asked
DCF02BLAU (Black)

Had my drip coffee machine for a few months now been great. Today after making a pot the descale light came on for the first time. When i tried to put it into descale mode by pushing both buttons it wont go into descale it just trys to make a pot of coffee?

Mike L.
Mike L.asked
Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

We purchased the Smeg drip coffee maker three years ago. Today 9/17/21 it has stopped brewing. Lights on all other functions seem ok. It just won’t brew on either the auto or manual settings. Can you direct me to next steps?
Mike Lonergan
Southampton ny

Jamy H.asked
DCF02SSAU (Chrome)

I have been happily using my coffee machine for almost a year - very happy. It was expensive for what it is but I loved it.
In the last couple of weeks it has become impossibly slow. Steam everywhere but just a drip of water occasionally coming through the coffee in spite of regular clean and descale. Disappointing.

Carrie D.
Carrie D.

Mine too.

Jamy H.

Okay so now it’s stopped working at all. Water isn’t heating up. What do I do now?

Kylie M.
Kylie M.asked
DCF02BLAU (Black)

Hi The auto start function wont set for me anymore, it’s been going fine for about 2 months now and then just stopped lighting up or setting. When pressing the button takes you to the timer setting, but that's it. I've seen other enquiries with the same issue. Is this an issue and Is it covered under warranty? Thankyou

Lesley R.SmegSend a private message
Cathasked
Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

Hi Smeg, with other drip filter machines we have had previously (not Smeg) we have had issues getting new glass bowls when the current one cracks, breaks. If we purchase a Smeg where do we get extra glass bowls from? & are they outrageously expensive. With other cheaper machines we have had previously the replacement glass bowls were nearly the cost of purchasing a new machine inc. the glass bowl. Many thanks for your answer:)

D.Reeves
D.Reeves
Cath

Howdy, no answer. Our previous drip filters were not Smeg so I was hoping they would have a better system instead of landfilling old machines. In the meantime we have gone back to plunger/french press coffee:) which has been actually satisfying.

Dear Cath,
Replacement jugs are available through our spare parts department. They can be contacted on 02 8667 4888 or via email at spareparts@smeg.com.au

GrandpaGrowlasked
Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

Given machine as present, worked for a couple of weeks, now shuts down ELCB of whole house. When measured active- neutral show resistance short circuit.

Kristy P
Kristy Pasked
Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

Had my smeg for a week now and have tried a few things like rinsing the both the carafe and my cup with hot water but the coffee is still not hot, I would say that once a small amount of milk is added I may as well have just used warm tap water its that bad. A near $300 machine should not need me to microwave the coffee for 30 seconds after its made to even be close to hot, i don't get the point of the keep warm function when its not hot to begin with? Is this just the machine or do I have a faulty one?

Richard S.
Richard S.

Dear Kristy P:
I have exactly the same problem, word for word. However, I see that you submitted this 3 months ago. May I ask how you resolved this? Thank you. -- Richard S.

Tariq S.
Tariq S.

Same problem here, drip maker is not hot enough and can't find any way to make it hotter and stay hot. Anyone discover a way to resolve this? Would love to know.... Thanks

Steph
Steph

Hello. Did anyone find a solution to this? My smeg drip maker is only one month old and just not hot at all. I literally have to down the coffee as soon as made otherwise its cold, just as mentioned above, my hot water tap is hotter. Thanks

CHrisu
CHrisuasked
Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

Why doesn’t my coffe pot drip water? I press start then the warming light lights up and it stops

Lauren B.
Lauren B.

Mine is doing the same thing! Did you ever figure this out?

Máirtín M.
Máirtín M.asked
Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

Why do I have to turn the machine off and on again between cup of coffee?

Dear Mairtin M.,
Are you talking about the espresso machine or drip filter machine? Could you please confirm?

Loran
Loranasked
Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

My machine will not turn on. Its less than a year old. What can I do to troubleshoot it?

Anthea L.
Anthea L.asked

Hi all,
What is the best type of ground coffee for this machine? As in fine/medium/course etc
Thanks!

DonnaKasked
Drip Coffee Machine DCF02

Im finding the coffee isn’t hot enough when i add a tiny amount of milk can I increase the temperature

Hi Donna K,
Thanks for your enquiry. The coffee temperature cannot be adjusted. We would recommend preheating the cup to keep the coffee hotter.

DonnaK

Inconvenient as it is would it be possible to add boiling water to tank

Hi Donna,
Only cold water can be used as it's heated to the correct temperature to brew the coffee.
Smeg

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

Smeg Drip Coffee Machine DCF02