Smeg DWA6314X (Stainless Steel)

Smeg DWA6314X (Stainless Steel)

MPN: DWA6314X

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Internal Layout

Glenn

GlennMid North Coast, NSW

Best Dishwasher I have owned

Extremely happy with this dishwasher it cleans better than any other dishwasher I have owned, it uses very little power and water and is very quiet. The Quick Time mode works excellently. I always use Pots and plates with Quick Time. It runs for about 50 minutes if you open the door when finished it dries well. Highly recommended would purchase SMEG again. Other dishwashers previously owned: Asko, Bosch German made, Westinghouse.

Purchased in September 2017.

Noise Level
Internal Layout

SteveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quick response.

We had a problem with a 3yr old unit and through these reviews the Nat Service Manager had the anomaly rectified within days.
Been perfect since and one of the more quiet machines we've had.
Thanks Steve Cullen

Purchased in April 2016 for $800.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Anna

AnnaDarwin

Just right

Great dishwasher, returned a previous cheaper one that was underperfoming for this one and its turned out to be great. Paid $300 over my budget though.
It cleans very well as long as everything is facing the right way and not touching, has an extra tray right up the top for cutlery, again everything has to be slotted or they don't clean.
I made the mistake of throwing them in once and spoons sat with water in them, others didn't clean.
You can remove the tray and use the basket instead since the 3 trays compromise the height a bit.
I found I put less in than a previous one I had, it means I load/unload dishes a bit more often.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Mel L

Mel Lvic, 3978

saves water

Using the dishwasher was little confusing , so maybe it should have been more easy use friendly. It does the job most tims, there were a few times when it did not clean the plates, and the tablet was still in the dishwasher.Overall it is a sleek and efficient enough.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

J.M

J.MCoburg, VIC

Most efficient and best value for money dishwasher on the market!

Been in this house for 3 years, replaced most appliances, in March had to replace the dishwasher. Choice gave the SMEG their recommendation - we have a SMEG cooker too, hence we made a point to look at the SMEG. This dishwasher is the most water and energy efficient appliance we could find, one of the quietest and was less than a $1000. The Bosch, ASKO, Miele all claimed to be better were significantly more expensive, and not as efficient. May arguably be 15% better, due to additional options we'll never use, but still at more than twice the price! The SMEG cleans really well, easy to use, quiet and saves money on energy & water. Best value for money we could find. Highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Detergent dispenser completely fouls on middle rack = detergent gets stuck = dishes not cleaned.

Have used this dishwasher for about a month now every second day. Not once has all of the power detergent dissolved and usually around half of the power is left stuck and clumped together in the dispenser... why? well SMEG has located the detergent dispenser so it fouls on the middle rack - it cant open! Go figure. Dishes do not clean properly. Dishes are also dripping wet after the cycle, but that's another thing.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Ben
Ben

Hi Steve, i have sent you my details on the 7 March and not heard from you. Please contact me.

muzshan

muzshanBusselton

Just great, we are very happy

Installed this in our new home June 17

It's quite, easy to use, cleans well, has great cutlery draw , adjustable draws , exterior easy to keep clean and not obvious marks/prints

Once finished we tend to open the door slightly to help it dry

Would happily buy smeg again

Date PurchasedApr 2017

luke

lukebrunswick west

Recommend this dishwasher!

Didn't buy this product, it is installed in my rental. Impressed with dish washer, and with customer service/ response on this site. Read the manual! I was having issues with fitting medium-large items into trays, and was informed that trays are adjustable in height to allow for this; and that the cutlery tray is removable - something i glossed over when reading the manual.
Washes all items well, and when opened after cleaning cycle all items are dry.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
The one

The one

Easy to use machine

The machine is easy to setup and use it has three trays which we are getting use to middle tray is height adjustable. Dishes are clean well but does dry most of the dishes or just leave door open to allow for better drying. Very quite don't even know that its on and have to place hand on door to know it on which is great if you have a very restless baby.
We like the quietness and easy function buttons

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Dishwasher won't start

Dishwasher won't start even though turned on. Rinse aid light is on, but this should not affect the wash cycle. Any suggestions or is there an issue with the machine? Tried turning it off and on to no avail. Manual is very basic and has limited trouble shooting examples. Anyone experienced this before?

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Matto
Matto

Seems to be a common problem with this model when looking at other comments. Rinse aid light now off however still not working

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Matto, I received your email and have arranged for our Perth agent to make contact and see what the cause of the problem is and what needs to be done to fix the issue. Regards Steve Cullen

Lucy83

Lucy83Gold Coast

Amazing service

I bought a smeg dishwasher and was having trouble installing it as the Anti-flood device was activating. I contacted Steve Cullen the National service manger for Smeg. i was so impressed with his professionalism and how helpful and accommodating he was. He organized a appliance man to come out the next day. We are renovating our kitchen and I will buy Smeg products purely because I Of the prompt and professional service I received. Thank you so much Steve

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Danny

DannyHobart, TAS

Excellent Dishwasher

We just bought this dishwasher for our new house after never owning a dishwasher we couldn't believe how easy to use and how clean our dishes could be. Machine is very quiet and as we are on tank water is one of the best water efficient on the market. Would highly recommend this dishwasher.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Steve C.Smeg

Thanks for your review Danny!! We love hearing from our happy customers !!! On a side note, I love my Smeg dishwahser as well. Enjoy !!! :-)

worst dish washer and service

bought this machine from Frankston Harvynorman last week, had two washers, now it wont start , power button comes onn, but thats it, non of the other buttons work. spoke to harvynorman and they want me to bring it back to them to check and replace, when we took it to them at our expense a sales person had a look and said the buttons are working and refused to accept as a return. just Plugged it back at hgome and the same problem. SMEG agent cant get to this for another week or more. already spend over $300 transporting this back and forward. the manual is only good to wipe the ass after a shit, probably fail in that as well.THIS THE WORST DISHWASHER AND WILL NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE OTHER THAN TO USE AS A DOOR STOPPER.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

AndrewAdelaide

Won't start

1 week old. Done about 5 washes now does nothing. Power light comes on but cannot select a cycle or press start - absolute rubbish for close to $2000. Instruction manuals are also rubbish. There is no one to contact and service will take a week. Will not recommend to anyone.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Andrew

I have done that Steve. I find the products very unintuitive - the ovens have 2 knobs - neither of which is obvious what it does. The rangehood is very noisy. I guess I should have done some more research prior to spend over $7000 on appliances

Andrew

Both problems fixed thank you

Matt

MattMelbourne

Very good quality

We purchased this smeg dishwasher with our house to match all the other stainless steel appliances in the kitchen. We've found it to perform well in cleaning although the wash cycles are reasonably long and there is no cycle timer that counts down how long to go. The cutlerly basket does take some getting used to as there are grooves for each individual piece however this can be removed if required. Overall happy with the cleanliness of the dishes on all the cycles.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

GazmanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do not buy unless you like wet dishes!

Just to clarify, we have the 'Good Guys' (underbench) version DWAU6314X. Okay, it cleans dishes, but it DOES NOT dry them? I called for a warranty service thinking something was wrong with the dishwasher? The repairer came out, checked the machine and advised that it DOES NOT have a drying fan to dry the dishes? He then explained, instead it has a 'drying cycle' as part of the wash cycle, which in simple terms means that the heating element 'heats up' after the rinse cycle and if you want the dishes dried, you need to open the door, unbelievable! Big mistake, I should have stayed with 'Fisher & Paykel' which I had previously and it DRYS your dishes.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Rodney M.Smeg
Rodney M.Smeg

Adrift

AdriftSYDNEY

After 24 hrs still did not dry

It cleans .eveything but pots still dull Its quiet.nothing was dry i then left it 24hrs still not dry. Could not believe it.Really annoyed it was bought new now discontinued just been installed.Good ol Harvey Norman! Smeg Series no DWAU314X underbench stainless.
Paid top doller and want it replaced whos going to pay plumber?

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Paul R

Paul RPerth

Happy Chappy

Purchased and installed this unit a few weeks ago and I am very happy.
It is extremely quiet and often forget it is working away as we sit and chat or watch tv close by.
It cleans and dry's all cutlery, plates and glasses extremely well.
Functionality is what we wanted - simple. Has 5 settings (we use 1)
Internally it is large enough our families requirements. (has optional heights but we don't bother)
No complaints at all.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

See all Smeg DWA6314X / DWA6314W / DWA6314B reviews

Brett H.

Brett H.asked

We have just installed our new smeg dishwasher and it keeps stopping after about 5 mins on any cycle type. The error code is the 1st and 4th led. Any ideas?

Robyn

Robynasked

Hi, Our dishwasher purchased in March will not turn on. No light on panel at all?

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Robyn.
Thanks for your enquiry. Can you kindly email us direct so that we can contact you to troubleshoot this problem. Our email is service@smeg.com.au - please also screenshot your question and we will be in touch. Thank you Smeg Australia.

Peavvvvvved.

Peavvvvvved.asked

My brand new SMEG DWA6314X just installed and purchased on 07072019 door doesn’t shut properly and only the power button is on along with the red - next to the star. I have held down the other 6 buttons and none of them do anything. And YES, the machine is level. Thoughts.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Peavvvvvved, thanks for your review- we would love to have the opportunity to discuss this further with you could you kindly email me direct with your full name address and contact telephone number ? Once we have this information we will contact you direct to discuss this further - our email is Service@smeg.com.au please mark to the attention of Lesley kind regards Smeg Australia

Steve

Peavvvvvved have faith in the after sale service. I had a problem with a motherboard, out of warranty. Smeg repaired it FOC within days. Love the unit and bought another for our beach house. Sure you'll be looked after if you contact them. I dealt with a Mr Cullen (Nat Service Man)...very helpful.

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives