Smeg DWA6314X / DWA6314W / DWA6314B

Smeg DWA6314X / DWA6314W / DWA6314B Questions & Answers

DWA6314X (Stainless Steel), DWA6314B (Black), DWA6314W (White)

28 questions from our users

Brett H.

Brett H.asked

DWA6314X (Stainless Steel)

We have just installed our new smeg dishwasher and it keeps stopping after about 5 mins on any cycle type. The error code is the 1st and 4th led. Any ideas?

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Brett H - thank you for your question. Error one means that the flood switch has been activated. You will require a service call - can you kindly email us direct with your full name, address and a contact telephone number so we can organise a mutually convienent time for this to take place. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au - kind regards, Smeg Australia.

Ted

Tedasked

we have just puchased
wen starting we are having trouble trying to select wash cycle
it wont allow me to select 70 pots
we can only select 60
also when we press start it runs for a few moments then 60 and 70 flash together and waher turns off

are we using it correctly

thanks Ted

Rodney M.Smeg

Dear Ted,
Please contact our technical support team on 02 8667 4888 and they will be able to assist you.
Regards

Vanessa M.asked

Hi,

Is there a first time use steps needed for this dishwasher? Or we can use this as usual even for first time use? There is no mention in the manual but just want to make sure. Thanks.

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Vanessa, Immediately after installing the appliance you should run a cycle and if the dishwasher fails to operate correctly please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au. Other wise you can use the appliance as normal, regards Steve Cullen

Perfect, thank you!

Robyn

Robynasked

DWA6314X (Stainless Steel)

Hi, Our dishwasher purchased in March will not turn on. No light on panel at all?

Hi Robyn.
Thanks for your enquiry. Can you kindly email us direct so that we can contact you to troubleshoot this problem. Our email is service@smeg.com.au - please also screenshot your question and we will be in touch. Thank you Smeg Australia.

Meenu R.

Meenu R.asked

Which number to call if i have issues with dishwasher, all lights flashing it wont let me select anything

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Meenu R - Our numbers are on our website ( It is dependant on what state you are in ) or you can email us direct; service@smeg.com.au Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

J Manks

J Manksasked

We are having trouble setting the delay timer. We have read the instruction manual but it seems vague. can someone tell me how to set it, but in plain english- step by step.
with much thanks for your help

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi J Manks .. thanks for reaching out- can you please email us direct with your full name address and contact telephone number and we will contact you direct to discuss this further, our email address is Service@smeg.com.au please mark to the attention of Lesley- kind regards Smeg Australia

Narelle

Narelleasked

DWA6314B (Black)

Hi just had dishwasher delivered. Its freestanding. Door opened so I could get out all booklets extra. Ran first wash without anything in it to clean out any residue left from test. Now cant open door. Very annoying

Lisa
Lisa

I've never had that, is their a lock, might be a combination of pushing two buttons at same time

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Narelle. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please contact us direct so that we can discuss this matter with you? Our telephone number is 02 8667 4888 or you can email us direct ; service@smeg.com.au - If you email us can you kindly provide us with your full name, address and a contact telephone number. Kind regards , Smeg Australia.

brian hall

brian hallasked

unable to get rid of end.
have tried the following:
open door
press on button. on/off
press on button and start button hold both.
close door

model DWA314x

Steve C.Smeg

Hi Brian. Thanks for your enquiry. Can you kindly email us with your full name, address and a contact telephone number so that we can call you and discuss this with you over the phone? Our email is service@smeg.com.au - we await your details. Regards, SMEG AUSTRALIA

Peavvvvvved.

Peavvvvvved.asked

DWA6314X (Stainless Steel)

My brand new SMEG DWA6314X just installed and purchased on 07072019 door doesn’t shut properly and only the power button is on along with the red - next to the star. I have held down the other 6 buttons and none of them do anything. And YES, the machine is level. Thoughts.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Peavvvvvved, thanks for your review- we would love to have the opportunity to discuss this further with you could you kindly email me direct with your full name address and contact telephone number ? Once we have this information we will contact you direct to discuss this further - our email is Service@smeg.com.au please mark to the attention of Lesley kind regards Smeg Australia

Steve
Steve

Peavvvvvved have faith in the after sale service. I had a problem with a motherboard, out of warranty. Smeg repaired it FOC within days. Love the unit and bought another for our beach house. Sure you'll be looked after if you contact them. I dealt with a Mr Cullen (Nat Service Man)...very helpful.

Lenny B.asked

I need to remove the bottom panel from my smeg DWA6314B dishwasher to check the aquastop. How do I do this?

Grace H.
Grace H.

Hey Lenny did you ever figure it out? I need to open mine.

Hi Grace. No I did not!
Actually I wrote a long blurb stating how useless this page is, but decided not to post it. I was so annoyed at every answer telling you to get a professional to fix whatever problem you may be having! Don't waste your time on this stupid site.

Anyway, the machine was new and I complained like to the people who sold it to me. They swapped it for a new one.

Sorry! I'm being as useful as this dumb site.
If I didn't care about what my smeg looked like I'd tear away the bottom panel and not worry about the look of it afterwards. (my partner cares so I wasn't allowed ha ha). It's just crappy plastic and will break easily I reckon,
I think the important thing is to get to the float in order to empty the tray. Who (other than my partner) cares about the look of the machine? As long as it works. Right?
Good luck with it.

Mark G.

Mark G.asked

Can the top be removed to fit under a bench. Thank you

Claudio C.
Claudio C.

Yes, I did it to mine. There are two screws on the back just below the top. Unscrew these and the top should come loose.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Mark G - thanks for your enquiry. We would not recommend that you remove the top of the dishwasher as this would mean that the wiring is exposed. If you have any queries, please contact our Technical Team on 02 8667 4888 - Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

David A.

David A.asked

I have ever got the necessity to use the dishwasher, but now that I need to finish my lease, I tried to turn it on but anything happens, the socket is giving power and the water tap is also open, but any of the buttons work and it does not turn on. Many thanks, David

Steve C.Smeg

Hi David all that you can do is check that there is power at the power point, if the lights do not come on you will need a service call, please call Smeg service on 02 8667 4833 to arrange a call.
Thanks Smeg tech support

Carmen Grima

Carmen Grimaasked

DWA6314X (Stainless Steel)

Have just installed a Smeg DWA6314X stainless steel and have tested a cycle however when it gets to the end it seems to be giving me what seems to be the E7 error - 3 flashing lights on the cycle pad and a flashing light on the pause/start indicator - and does not finish. However it seems to go through it's cycle of filling and emptying without an issue. I have tried interrupting and annulling but nothing seems to work. Any help?

chinaplate1954

I’m sorry if it is a error message I am unable to help and it’s best you contact smeg. One thing I have noticed with my dishwasher is that towards the end of the cycle it does have all 3 lights on the pad flash and the pause flash and I had to leave it while longer for it to work through its cycle then eventually it switched off, this was different to other dishwashers I had owned. Perhaps this may be the solution, leaving it longer to work through its cycle as they take some time.

Hi Carmen Grima,
It sounds like there is an issue with the turbine water meter or possibly the pressure switch,
Please contact our Service Department on 02 8667 4833 to arrange a service call.

Tony

Tonyasked

DWA6314B (Black)

We've had the dishwasher for 3 days. Worked fine till today. Power button works but nothing else working. Nothing else lights up. Any help?

Steve C.Smeg

Hi Tony it could be the dishwasher is slightly out of level causing the door switch not to turn on, please call Smeg service on 02 8667 4833 to arrange for a technician to look at your dishwasher.
Regards Smeg tech support.

Kelli O

Kelli Oasked

DWA6314X (Stainless Steel)

How do you open the dishwasher? It is brand new, just been installed. Done our trial cycle, the door will now not open!

Hi Kelli,
The door should just pull open. If it is not, then the door latch may have moved up a little, making hard to open.
We suggest contacting our Service Department on 02 8667 4833 to arrange a service.

erin

erinasked

DWA6314X (Stainless Steel)

Our dishwasher screen does not turn on we only purchased this 3 years ago and it just stopped working. Any suggestions?

Hi Erin,
Sounds like it could be a fault with the timer or door latch and will require a service call.
Please contact our Service Department on 02 8667 4833 to arrange this.

Enayat

Enayatasked

DWA6314B (Black)

Dish washer turns on but doesn’t take water. Any ideas?

Hi Enayat this could be many things, please call Smeg service on 02 8667 4833
to arrange for a technician to look at it.
regards Smeg tech support

chinaplate1954

Sorry you will have to contact smeg

Leah

Leahasked

DWA6314X (Stainless Steel)

Hi, my instruction manual does not tell me how to use the option selection of washing top or bottom load only. The light comes on when I press the option but how does it know which basket I have stacked?

Rodney M.Smeg

Hi Leah,
The 1/2 load option allows you to use all the baskets, even if they are not completely full. It will reduce the energy and water consumption as well as the running time of the program.
Hope this helps
Regards

chinaplate1954

Thanks for asking the question Leah, I had no idea either. Thanks Smeg.

Alexandra S.

Alexandra S.asked

DWA6314X (Stainless Steel)

Dishwasher is almost 2 yrs old now and we are starting to see issues. We clean everything monthly and recently the LED panel in the middle no longer lights up when we start it. We can start any cycle however as soon as it comes to the part where the tab needs to be released the dishwasher beeps twice and the cycle stops. Water has started pooling at the bottom and the tap dispenser is still closer. Called the customer service and they tried to reset over the phone, which didn't help and now we need to wait 4! weeks to get someone to service it which is frankly quite ridiculous. Anyone here who had the same issue and can help so we do not have to call anyone in?

chinaplate1954

Sorry your having issues. You do need to have service come out and see to your machine and at some stage I’m sure every appliance will need a service, with a bit of luck some won’t. I can’t offer any advice on this but frustration you must feel.

Steve C.Smeg

Hi Alexandra. I am sorry to read this review. My name is Steve Cullen and I am the National Service and Spare Parts Manager for Smeg Australia. Can you please email me direct - steve.cullen@smeg.com.au and provide me with your full name, address and a contact telephone number. I will also require the name of the Authorised Agent that is attending this call. I will then get back to you direct. I await your email. Regards Steve Cullen.

Sue K
Sue K

I'm having the same problem. I've tried all of the usual troubleshooting things and it's still not going past the tablet release. Water is pooling in the bottom also! I'm hoping it's still under warranty as I'm still paying it off! Frustrating! Did you fix your problem. I'd be interested to know how? Thanks

Joe

Joeasked

DWA6314X (Stainless Steel)

Does the top unscrew and come off? It won’t fit in the hole otherwise

chinaplate1954

Hi joe, bad news I’m afraid, no the tops don’t come off, they are called free standing dishwashers, the hole you have in your bench is for a built in dishwasher and they don’t have the casings around them so that’s the type of dishwasher you have to buy. Most brands these dishwashers but I am not sure if SMEG do. Hope this helps.

chinaplate1954

Joe here is the smeg web site they say they have the dishwashers without the worktop on the top. http://www.smeg.com.au/dishwashers/underbench/ Chase up the models to see where you can get your best price.

Col
Col

Hi Joe , tops do come off, i fitted mine under counter top. The front height adjusters at the bottom of machine have to be repositioned to holes slighty further back as to seat kitchen kick plate properly. When removing top it seems to release a small plastic clip which stops machine from working, as some people are experiencing ( machine turns on but won't respond when any buttons are pressed ) Nothing to do with levelling machine! I resolved this with a tie wrap which holds trip switch in its normal position. The instruction manual states you need to use an authorised person to remove the top, so maybe i've been unlucky when removing top and disturbed plastic clip or manufacturer do it intentionally. I had no such problems when fitting other dish washers.

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives