Door Hinges

I recently contacted Smeg to advise that the door of our 18 month old oven was no longer closing properly. I also sent photos to show the problem. I received a response from Steve Cullen (National Service and Spare Parts Manager) within the hour and a follow up call from Smeg the next day to book in a technician visit. The technician Lloyd, arrived on time and replaced the hinges promptly as well as ordering a new seal which was split. I was initially reluctant to advise of the problem as I wasn't confident of a positive outcome but I am glad I did! Excellent customer service from Steve and professional and friendly service from Lloyd the technician. Highly recommended and very happy!

Product is used: Daily

Poor door design

Purchased FS9608xs in June 2017 only to have the door hinges replaced twice so far. Door is made up of 3 pieces of glass. The middle glass is free floating with rubber bumpers and if you knock the door during cooking, this glass shifts popping the inner retaining glass out and then the door does not close. You have to wait for the oven to cool before fixing and all baking goes to the bin.

Really shocking design and I am not happy.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Dear Steve, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and contact details and also what are all of the issues. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen