Smeg K181X90

Smeg K181X90

1.6

Justjas

JustjasGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Constant oil dripping from filter after each use.

Installed as part of our new build since January. Incredibly disappointed. Must clean after each use as the filter drips ‘oils’ on clean cooktop and or possibly onto my food as well.

Purchased in January 2020.

Ren

RenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Only lasted 5 years

As others have stated, I upgraded and put this rangehood model into our new house build in 2014. The exhaust fan has stopped working, we probably only use it twice a week at dinner. I’ve contacted Smeg who said they would send out a technician for $130, and then charge me $30 per 15 minutes to repair. I couldn’t believe it. I may as well buy a new rangehood, I thought Smeg were quality appliances that warranted the price tag?! Never again.

Purchased in February 2014.

Lesley R.Smeg
Ryan

RyanNew South Wales, 2529

Excellent customer service and brand pride

Date PurchasedSep 2014
Range Hoods

Find out how Smeg K181X90 compares to other Range Hoods

Greg MGoulburn

Stay away from this model.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

KarlCSydney Surrounds, NSW

Worst Rangehood Ever

We thought we were getting a high end product, it has a large design flaw where the oil etc that it sucks up gathers onto the black box that sits above the middle grate. Then all it does is drip oil back onto my cooktop. We have continually cleaned the grills & even when they are fresh out of the dishwasher this still happens. Worst product ever. Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

TWINSasked

We’ve had our rangehood for about 6 years now, and yesterday it suddenly stopped working. I am very disappointed as we dont use it very often. Reading the other reviews I realised I wasn’t the only one to experience oil dripping from the filters. Also the filters are very flimsy, if i accidentally touch them very softly they drop on to my stove. We didn’t want to get a cheaper brand and paid extra to upgrade to a BETTER?! one.

Also the dial on both of our two ovens (also Smeg) are a nightmare to use - changing the clock or oven temperature requires considerable effort.

Rodney M.Smeg

Dear TWINS,
Could you please email service@smeg.com.au with your name, address and contact number and mark it to the attention of Lesley. Once she has this information, she will be in direct contact with you. For help regarding the controls of the ovens, please contact our customer service team on 02 8667 4888 and they will be able to assist you.
Regards

TWINS

A quick update - SMEG were fantastic with their response to this, sending out a technician asap (no call out fee) who replaced the faulty part (blown fuse) without charging for parts OR labour. A great result. Thanks SMEG :)

Gtpete

Gtpeteasked

i have this same range hood which was installed in our new home in late 2015. reasonable performance but didn't expect to have an issue with the lights in under 5 years.
In the last few weeks the 2 halogen lights intermittently stop working. If Igently tap on one of the lights it sometimes comes on but next time I go to use it they wont work. I suspect its the electrical AC to DC transformer that powers them lights, but I'm having trouble finding the replacement part anywhere online. it's Italian made model # WU105 2C-07D

Greg M

Sorry, I can’t provide any information regarding this problem. The only problem I’ve had with the rangehood lights was when one of them stopped working and I went to the electrical wholesalers and bought a new halogen globe and replaced it. Had no problem since. Sorry I can’t help with your problem.

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Gtpete, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address, telephone contact details and also if you can scan me a photograph of the rating plate from inside the appliance. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix this problem. Regards, Steve Cullen

Query1

Query1asked

I purchased this rangehood and have had similar problems re the oil dripping also the lights keep blowing, don’t know how many times I have had to replace them, I purchased this 24/08/2013 , can’t seem to find how long warranty is for ? Do u get it fixed or replace it ?

KarlC

They provided a charcoal filter that sits inside the hood & haven't had an issue since. My lights also blow fairly regularly.

Steve C.Smeg

Hi Query 1 you would be best to get a technician to look at the hood as there may be something wrong with the air flow, please call Smeg service on 02 8667 4833 to arrange a service call.
Regards Smeg tech support.

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

CategoryRange Hoods