labratt

labrattSouth East Queensland, QLD

SMEG kettle

2 years old, out of warranty. Enamel now quickly parting company with the kettle. Smeg are sending me a new kettle as goodwill. Perhaps it was a faulty paint job. I generally find Smeg products to excellent. My ratings are for Smeg products rather than my faulty kettle.

Purchased in December 2017 at The Good Guys.

Clive B

Clive BPerth, WA

Nice Ornament - Worthless Kettle !

Purchased as a package with toaster but within a year the plastic hinge assembly disintegrated. Still boils water but to pour the water you need to hold the lid while you pour; definitely not safe. Pretty disappointing.

Purchased at David Jones.

anthony

anthony

Smeg- poor quality control but great customer service

Two faulty kettles, first kettle had faulty lid, replacement Leaks after 18 months however very satisfied with customer service response. We'll see how long this kettle lasts before making a decision on buying smeg again. Hope the quality control has improved.

Purchased in May 2018 at David Jones for $180.00.

TimSydney, NSW

Leaking and no response from SMEG

Purchased 18 months ago. Just started leaking from the water gauge. For $169 you would hope for better than this. Worse, SMEG have not responded to any emails requesting help (now sent a week ago).

Shame, because it looks so great in our kitchen, just build quality is so poor for such an expensive item.

Purchased in March 2018 at Peter's of Kensington for $169.00.

Tim

I have, but not received a response

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Tim please resend to my attention and I will investigate- regards Lesley at Smeg Australia

Annie

AnnieHunter Region, NSW

Failing appliance

Bought a smeg toaster and kettle 4 years ago. The ’S’ fell off the kettle within the first year and the ‘G’ followed soon after. Now the kettle has started leaking from the handle over the switch - very dangerous.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $199.00.

Bailey

BaileySouth East Queensland, QLD

Looks nice at the start. Doesn’t last

The kettle was so beautiful when purchased. Very shortly after the colour faded very badly. I clean it properly and keep it away from the sun. Even the smeg four slice toaster I bought at the same time is awesome condition yet the kettle is badly faded. I’m so disappointed in how quickly the colour faded and would not but again.

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer for $250.00.

Lesley R.Smeg

Power button turns off before boils

I am in Canada, and the same issue as ODY. less than 2 years of usage the kettle power button is broken. Pops up before the water boiled and you need to keep your finger on it to make it boil. Honestly, for what the products cost, you should be able to get at least 5 years worth just like lower end small appliances. I will definitely not be buying any more of their products and will not be endorsing it to family and friends neither. Total rip off!

Purchased in December 2017 for $199.00.

Power button is broken

Very disappointed in the smeg products. Bought a 4 slice toasted and kettle on November 25, 2017. Toasted had to be changed at the store after 3weeks of usage due to 2 of the burners not functioning. And TODAY, less than 2 years of usage the kettle power button is broken. Pops up before the water boiled and you need to keep your finger on it to make it boil. Honestly, for what the products cost, you should be able to get at least 5 years worth just like lower end small appliances. I will definitely not be buying any more of their products and will not be endorsing it to family and friends neither. Total rip off!

Purchased in November 2017.

Ody
Ody

Hi Ody. We have recieved your information, but we are located in Australia - we have forwarded your contact details to our Canadian Collegues and they will be in direct contact. regards, Lesley @ Smeg Australia.

Broke after 2 years

This kettle broke after 2 years of owning it so the warranty is no longer valid. We bought the kettle in AU but now live in NZ. I've spoken to smeg and multiple repair companies and no one is able to fix it. Very wasteful.

Steve C.Smeg

Very disappointing with my purchase

I love my smeg kettle have it just under 2years and a bubble has appeared at the back beside the handle.. I am very disappointed.. As they are not cheap always wanted one so we treated ourselves when we got are new kitchen..

Purchased in September 2018 for $130.00.

Kristie1

Kristie1Queensland

I love it but it’s faded and doesn’t match my toaster anymore

I love it and it works well but it’s faded and doesn’t match my toaster anymore. For the money I paid I didn’t expect it to fade it’s quite disappointing.

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for $199.00.

Disappointing.

Very disappointed in this kettle. I bought it from Appliances Online, so didn’t see it before purchase. If I had I would not have bought it. For a kettle around $200 you expect more. The base and handle are plastic, making it look cheap. The lid leaks, after boiling and refilling, boiling water runs down the handle.

Purchased in August 2019 at Appliances Online for $195.00.

cinBrisbane

Quiet kettle

Kettle is great working wise it’s fast and quiet. But the colour has faded and the lid sticks. I bought matching toaster and now they are not the same shade of pink.

Purchased at Myer for $150.00.

Dear cin,
Please email service@smeg.com.au with your name, address and contact number and mark it to the attention of Lesley. Once she has this information, she will be in direct contact with you.
Regards

cin

Unfortunately I moved house and have no idea where my receipts are.....pictures I can do and serial number on bottom of kettle would two out of three be ok?

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Cin. This will be fine. Please email us the information that you have. Thank you Smeg Australia.

Logo stickers fall off

I brought a SMEG toaster and Kettle a few years ago. I must say both have worked very well except that the stickers on the Kettle started to fall off within months of purchase. I now own a SME or MEG depending on which way I turn it. Very disappointing considering it was mean't to be a matching Kettle and Toaster as a feature on our kitchen bench. I thought it was just mine but now realize it is a design problem as I am not the only one it appears.

Sarakara

SarakaraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Color fading

I have the pink SMEG kettle just for over a year and sadly it wasn't the same color as when it was new. To think that I have spent 200 because I want that "pink SMEG kettle" and guess what? It wasnt that same color mainly in the middle part. The lid and the base remained the same color though. I know it is probably because of the heat but it's what its supposed to do. Was thinking to buy the matching toaster but I changed my mind.

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $180.00.

Very disappointed

Excitedly purchased the kettle due to the way it looks.... only for it to almost immediately look cheap due to the plastic letters falling off. Kept the letters hoping to somehow stick them back on. Have since noticed the cheap plastic stickers letters have been replaced with a metal looking branding..... too late for me though as my warranty has expired.

Purchased in November 2016 at David Jones for $199.00.

SSA4815
SSA4815

Bella J

Bella JHobart

worst $200 ever spent

I am now on my second smeg kettle, the first one was replaced within the warranty period as the mechanism in the lid had rusted and seized and would not open. Smeg kindly replaced with a new one. Now 20 months on and out of the warranty the seal around the top of the kettle has failed and when you go to pour the steam escapes the lid and burns your hands. Also I have never had a kettle as noisy as this particular one. Very Disappointed

Purchased in December 2017 at David Jones Online Store.

GoobiePink aka Cherylee

GoobiePink aka Cherylee South East Queensland, QLD

Colour fade issues with Kettle

I purchased my Pink Smeg kettle and pink Smeg toaster 4 months ago, and my kettle no longer matches my toaster. The kettle has faded in colour for some reason. I’m very disappointed as these were not cheap. Being on a very low income ( I’m full time carer to my daughter who has special needs) it took me a long time to save up in order to buy these items. Very disappointed indeed.

Purchased in March 2019 at Kitchen Warehouse Online Store for $169.00.

Letter S Coming off.

Happy with my smeg kettle but unfortunately it is now called a “meg” as the “s” is coming off the kettle- very disappointing. How can this be resolved for me?

Purchased in January 2017 at David Jones.

Peter T
Peter T

Email sent regards

Great style but it won’t last!

We loved our smeg kettle. It worked well and boiled water quickly and quietly. But after about 18 months the lid button stopped working. You just can’t press it down. So now the lid doesn’t open. We went back to the shop we bought it from and were handed a piece of paper with the NZ customer service phone number to ring, which we did. They told it was out of warranty so nothing they could do. We asked about repairs. They said they couldn't help. Seriously a $300 kettle that you can’t use in under 2 years. Not good enough.

Purchased in January 2017 for $299.00.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Steve C - this is an Australian Product review website,you can contact Smeg New Zealand direct via their website, https://smeg.co.nz/book-service-request. Hope this helps Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Steve C
Steve C

Thank you for the link. We just want to get the button repaired so we can keep using our kettle.