Letter S Coming off.

Happy with my smeg kettle but unfortunately it is now called a “meg” as the “s” is coming off the kettle- very disappointing. How can this be resolved for me?

Purchased in January 2017 at David Jones.

Hi Peter T thanks for reaching out to us- can you kindly email us direct with your full name address and contact telephone number along with a picture of the appliance and the base of the appliance that shows the serial number on it once we have this information we will contact you direct to discuss this further- our email address is service@smeg.com.au - kind regards Smeg AustraliaEmail sent regards

Great style but it won’t last!

We loved our smeg kettle. It worked well and boiled water quickly and quietly. But after about 18 months the lid button stopped working. You just can’t press it down. So now the lid doesn’t open. We went back to the shop we bought it from and were handed a piece of paper with the NZ customer service phone number to ring, which we did. They told it was out of warranty so nothing they could do. We asked about repairs. They said they couldn't help. Seriously a $300 kettle that you can’t use in under 2 years. Not good enough.

Purchased in January 2017 for $299.00.

Noise Level
Hi Steve C - this is an Australian Product review website,you can contact Smeg New Zealand direct via their website, https://smeg.co.nz/book-service-request. Hope this helps Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.Thank you for the link. We just want to get the button repaired so we can keep using our kettle.

Great, while it lasted! Died 2 months out of warranty.

Great kettle while it lasted - quick to boil & very quiet. That was until it died completely overnight. Hunted out the receipt to find it is just 2 months out of warranty. So now we have a dead, expensive, 14 month old kettle. Spoke with the store where we purchased it, their response was too bad it's out of warranty. Spoke with Smeg, their response was maybe if it was only a month out of warranty. Very disappointed that it only lasted 14 months, especially considering our old Breville lasted 10 years and only cost $30.

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman for $180.00.

Noise Level
Hi Dissapointed thanks for your review- have you come us to discuss this matter- we would love to have the opportunity to discuss this with you- can you please email us direct with your full name address and contact telephone number along with a picture of the appliance and the base of the appliance that shows the serial number on it? We will then contact you to discuss this further- our email address is service@smeg.com.au and mark to the attention of Lesley. Best regards Smeg AustraliaHi Lesley, I had originally contacted Smeg after having no luck with the store I bought it from, I received the same response of "it's out of warranty, too bad". Thanks to your assistance, I discovered that the kettle was in fact covered by a 2 year warranty (Harvey Norman had incorrectly applied a 12 month warranty). I was able to source a replacement today under the correct warranty. I am happy with the outcome and hope that this new kettle lives for a long time. Thanks again, Less-disappointed.

Best kettle and toaster I’ve ever brought

I’ve had my kettle and toaster for three years now they both work perfectly and still look brand new it was worth spending the extra money I will always buy this brand

Purchased in January 2017 at Myer Retail Stores.

Noise Level

edging of button peeling off

My Smeg kettle is about a year and a half old. Over the weekend i noticed that the edging on the lid of my kettle thats around the open button has started peeling. Surely this shouldnt happen, and even if it were possible after a year and half. I love my kettle but it costs too much money to be doing this already.

Regards
Nawaal

Purchased in December 2017.

Noise Level
Hi Nawaal thanks for your review have you contacted us to discuss this matter? We would love to have the opportunity to to assist you with this problem- please email me direct with your full name address and contact telephone number along with a picture of the appliance and the base of the appliance that shows the serial number on it our email address is service@smeg.com.au please mark to the attention of Lesley kind regards Smeg Australia

Loved my kettle

Loved my kettle bought it to match my fridge 18months ago but now it won’t stay switched on it switches off before it boils which is a real pain sorry

Purchased in February 2017.

Noise Level
hi Jill. Have you contacted us to discuss this? We would love to be able to assist you - Can you please contact us with your full name, address and a contact telephone number along with a picture of the kettle and the base that shows the serial number of the appliance. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au and we will contact you to discuss direct. Kind regards, SMEG AUSTRALIA.

Looks great but...

I love the look of my smeg kettle but it's developed a huge paint bubble near the spout and it doesn't open so I have to fill it through the spout. It's about two years old but I thought given the price it would have lastest longer.

Purchased in February 2017 for $200.00.

Noise Level
Dear Jojo55, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address, telephone contact details and also if you can scan me a photograph of the rating plate from the base of the appliance. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve CullenThank you Steve / Smeg for the fantastic customer service in attending to this for me - I'm very impressed and it is much appreciated!

SMEG is the brand you can trust

I purchased a SMEG kettle that was faulty. The G fell off, and the lid got stuck so I had to use the spout to pour in the water. There was also a lot of condensation on the lid when it boiled.

Based on recommendations and comments from people on here, I emailed SMEG who sorted out the replacement for me in less than a week and sent me a brand new kettle. You pay top dollar for the quality of service from the company, which is EXCELLENT

Purchased in April 2018 for $189.00.

Cheap Tat. Don’t buy it.

Cheap Tat! Don’t buy it!

Over the last 2.5 years I was foolish enough to buy the Smeg kettle, toaster (4 slice) and blender. Don’t make the same mistakes I did.

Blender: lasted 18 months. Jug began leaking after despite being hand washed. Then motor died. Bought a Vitamix instead and it’s a far superior product that blends seeds to smooth in a way the Smeg could never.

Toaster (four slice): worked ok with main problem is that toast regularly slid down between the frame and elements, getting lodged so you couldn’t get it out! Poor design. Bought a Dualit and noticed that the Smeg also is quite a harsh toast in comparison. Don’t buy.

Jug: best performing but still plastic and tinny for the price. A “G” fell off mine after two years. Bought a Dualit.

The after sales service has been appalling after enquiring in both New Zealand and Australia through the distributor and head office. Hang your head in shame, Smeg.

In short, don’t be seduced by the good looks in photos. It’s cheap tat and not worth the extra bucks at all.

Purchased in May 2016 for $349.00.

Sad and disappointed

Love love my smeg kettle but after a year and half the G has fallen off and the other letters are also. The kettle is not used a lot so I am very shocked. I bought the toaster the same time and this is like new very dissatisfied.

Purchased in March 2017.

Noise Level
Hi Kerry - thank you for your review and giving us an opportunity to make things right. Have you contacted us to discuss this matter? If not can you please email me direct with your full name address and contact telephone number along with a picture of the appliance and the bottom of the appliance that shows the serial number on it- once I have this information I will contact you direct- my email address islesley.ryder@smeg.com.au I await your email kind regards LesleyKerry McGough 9 Brittons Ash Bathpool Taunton Somerset TA2 8BS S/n 19537536061609005111 07443598471 RegardsThank you for your reply- this is an Australian website but I have forwarded your information to our Uk office and they will be in direct contact with you to discuss this further thank you Lesley

Really disappointed

I purchased my pink smeg kettle and toaster last January but unfortunately I've had the same problem with the kettle fading I'm so disappointed as i though I would buy a smeg as its one of the best brand's but unfortunately it not lived up to it's name I thought I would Google to see if it was something that happen alot or if it was just me not sure what to do if I should send it back to smeg.

Purchased in January 2018 for $125.00.

Noise Level
Hi Fiona, I believe you have emailed us and I have replied to you - Kind Regards, Lesley.

Beautiful, but colour fade issue

I love my pink smeg appliances, and the kettle is beautiful. But disappointingly, this one is prone to colourfade - so be mindful after use the kettle fades and becomes a light pale pink (except the lid and base) rather than the bright pale pink of the toaster or fridge. Probably wouldn’t matter if you just buy the kettle in isolation, but disappointing if you wanted a matching set like I did!

Purchased in May 2018.

Noise Level
Hi Kylie R I am the National Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address, telephone contact details and also if you can scan me a photograph of the rating plate from the base of the appliance. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

Leaking base, letters falling off

I love SMEG but very disappointed with this Kettle. The letters have fallen of even after trying to superglue them back on and the base is now leaking. I came across this site looking for solutions for a leaking base.
The kettle did look great when I first purchased it and proudly put it on the kitchen bench!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Dear Amanda, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address, telephone contact details and also if you can scan me a photograph of the rating plate from the base of the appliance. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve CullenHi Steve, Thankyou for making contact. I have emailed a few times with no reply. I shall try again today and await a response. Thanks, Amanda

Love it!

Love this kettle!! Everyone always comments on this kettle and the matching toaster as it is very appealing. The kettle works perfectly and I’ve had no issues with it. The only thing I would say is it isn’t as big as previously kettles therefore I don’t get as many cups out of each boil.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Love the kettle although discoloured

We purchased our stainless steel kettle and toaster from David Jones and absolutely love the product. The temperature feature is fantastic and handy although I’m saddened that our kettle has discoloured, has a golden tinge to it. Disappointed that the kettle is no longer stainless steel. Hoping something will fix this issue.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Great kettle except discoloration on handle

Gorgeous kettle, works well and looks great, except within a two months the grey rubber that sits between the body of the kettle and the handle has gone yellowish and the cream paint has a slight lifting chip? A little disappointed but would still recommend. I'm in NZ and there's no NZ bases Smeg website, only agents.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Serious colour fade!

After using my kettle for 6 months the pink has faded dramatically, so disappointed as I bought it alongside the toaster as a set and the toaster maintains its same bright pink colour. Can see many others have had the same issue, could it be a fault in this product line?

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Dear Phoebe, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address, telephone contact details and also if you can scan me a photograph of the rating plate from the base of the appliance. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

Loving my White Smeg

I have the matching kettle and long toaster. Sure there are a few minor niggles, the jug is a bit heavy and the toaster takes ages. But this is far outweighed by the good looks of the appliances and the glamour they add to the kitchen. Very happy so far and I've been using them for six months already.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Good to look at but only had a few months and faulty

I loved it when it arrived, very expensive but looked great in my kitchen. Lid now won't open and chromed is coming off the lid. Disappointed as I'd bought blender and toaster to match. You would expect a lot more for the price i paid. Would not recommend or buy again.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi Ljih. Thank you for your review. It is unfortunate that you have experienced a problem with your kettle. My name is Steve Cullen and I am the National Service and Spare Parts Manager for Smeg Australia. In order for me to assist you can you kindly email me direct, the following information: 1. Full name and address 2. Date of purchase 3. Place of purchase 4. Picture of the kettle 5. Picture of the kettle underside which has the rating plate and serial number on it. 6. Best daytime contact telephone number Once I have this information I will be in direct contact with you to discuss this matter. My email address is steve.cullen@smeg.com.au Regards Steve

Lid opening faulty.

Having used this kettle over about 18 months the lid has become increasingly difficult to open and has to be pressed quite hard several times in order for it to work. The paint on the inside of the lid also is starting to degrade and peel off. I had hoped for better quality from Smeg. I notice from previous reviews others have encountered the same problem with the lid.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Dear Kay, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address, telephone contact details and also if you can scan me a photograph of the rating plate from the base of the appliance. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

My new SMEG kettle and toaster have arrived and I’m delighted. But, I can’t remove the filter from the kettle to clean it. Is there a trick to getting this out?

Hi , my kettle It won't boil water the first go. I have to press it again (press the on/off button again) to start boil again after a few seconds of boiling . It is very annoying . How can I make it stay on so the jug boils properly the first go?
Hi Jocelyn - thanks for your enquiry, can you kindly email us direct with your contact telephone number and your full address along with your full name? We will also need a photo of the appliance and a picture of the base of the appliance that shows the serial number on it. Once we have this information we will contact you direct to discuss this further. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au kind regards Smeg Australia

My kettle in about 6 months old & I have 2 questions: 1 - Has happened the entire time I've had it. To turn the kettle on I have to press the on button twice. Once to turn the kettle on so the lights come on, twice to tell the kettle to start boiling the water. Is that normal? Is there a way to only press the button once to turn it on & start boiling water with 1 button press? 2 - Has started to happen in the last couple months. It won't boil water the first go. I have to activate it again (press the on/off button again) to start boil again. Let's say it takes 3 mins to boil a full jug of water. It will turn itself off after 30 secs, 1 mins maybe even 2 mins. It's unpredictable. How can I make it stay on so the jug boils the water in the first attempt & not turn itself off prematurely? Please help.
Hi Rene k - thanks for your review, have you contacted us to discuss this matter? We would love to have the opportunity to assist you with your points that you have raised. Can you kindly email us direct with your full name address and contact telephone number along with a picture of the appliance and the bottom of the appliance that shows the serial number of the appliance. Once Wr have this information we will contact you direct to discuss this further. Our email address is Service@smeg.com.au kind regards Smeg Australia

KLF01CRAU (Cream)KLF01RDAU (Red)KLF01BLAU (Black)KLF01PBA (Pastel Blue)KLF01PGAU (Pastel Green)KLF01WHAU (White)KLF01SSAU (Stainless Steel)KLF01PKAU (Pink)
Price (RRP) $209.00$209.00$209.00$209.00$209.00$209.00$209.00$209.00
Capacity1.7 L1.7 L1.7 L1.7 L1.7 L1.7 L1.7 L1.7 L
Capacity1.7L1.7L1.7L1.7L1.7L1.7L1.7L1.7L
Features360° Swivel Base and Water Gauge360° Swivel Base and Water Gauge360° Swivel Base and Water Gauge360° Swivel Base and Water Gauge360° Swivel Base and Water Gauge360° Swivel Base and Water Gauge360° Swivel Base and Water Gauge360° Swivel Base and Water Gauge
Preset Temperatures NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo
Construction Material Stainless SteelStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless Steel
Colour / Finish CreamRedBlackPastel BluePastel GreenWhiteStainless SteelPink
Cord Length 1 m1 m1 m1 m1 m1 m1 m1 m
Weight1.6 kg1.6 kg1.6 kg1.6 kg1.6 kg1.6 kg1.6 kg1.6 kg
Power2,400 W2,400 W2,400 W2,400 W2,400 W2,400 W2,400 W2,400 W
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)

• GTIN13: 8017709197674