Ten h

Ten hCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Perfect received as a gift for Christmas

Received this product as a gift for Xmas and I love the look of it. Works well boils quickly and has a push button to open lid. Sits on base easy and nice handle. Easy to pour water without spilling

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for $189.00.

Dee

DeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect kettle until it has started to leak

I have loved my kettle and matching toaster no problems at all. But the last couple of weeks I’ve noticed there is sometime water pooled under or around the kettle. Today when I emptied the kettle I could see water dripping from the underside and I was horrified when I picked up the bottom metal element that water poured out of it and you could hear it sloshing around in there. So unfortunately I’m going to have to retire it after only 2 years of use. Very disappointed.

Purchased in December 2017 at Harvey Norman for $200.00.

Stella

Stella

Love it

Got my smeg kettle for my kitchen tea and absolutely love the look of it. Ive had it for 3 years now and the stainless steel is very hard to clean. I would recommend a coloured one.

Purchased in October 2016 at Myer.

Elle F.

Elle F.South East Queensland, QLD

On to my 4th kettle 3rd toaster in less then 1.5 years

Purchased in January 2019 at Joyce Mayne.

Beautiful kettle is leaking

Up until now, my stylish SMEG kettle has performed well, attracted admiration in my kitchen and has been my number one favorite appliance. Unfortunately the kettle has started leaking quite substantially from the viewing window. I adore my kettle and don’t want to get rid of it as it’s only 2 years old and just out of warranty.

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer for $150.00.

Deanne L.

Thank you so much for your very prompt reply. I will be in touch.

Deanne L.

So happy! I arrived home today to my new replacement kettle waiting on the doorstep. Thank you SMEG. Not only are your products superior in design and function, but your customer service is impeccable.

labratt

labrattSouth East Queensland, QLD

SMEG kettle

2 years old, out of warranty. Enamel now quickly parting company with the kettle. Smeg are sending me a new kettle as goodwill. Perhaps it was a faulty paint job. I generally find Smeg products to excellent. My ratings are for Smeg products rather than my faulty kettle.

Purchased in December 2017 at The Good Guys.

Clive BPerth, WA

Nice Ornament - Worthless Kettle !

Purchased as a package with toaster but within a year the plastic hinge assembly disintegrated. Still boils water but to pour the water you need to hold the lid while you pour; definitely not safe. Pretty disappointing.

Purchased at David Jones.

Clive B

Dear Smeg, received a replacement kettle recently. Thank you so much for looking after this issue; my faith is restored! Best Regards

anthony

anthony

Smeg- poor quality control but great customer service

Two faulty kettles, first kettle had faulty lid, replacement Leaks after 18 months however very satisfied with customer service response. We'll see how long this kettle lasts before making a decision on buying smeg again. Hope the quality control has improved.

Purchased in May 2018 at David Jones for $180.00.

TimSydney, NSW

Leaking and no response from SMEG

Purchased 18 months ago. Just started leaking from the water gauge. For $169 you would hope for better than this. Worse, SMEG have not responded to any emails requesting help (now sent a week ago).

Shame, because it looks so great in our kitchen, just build quality is so poor for such an expensive item.

Purchased in March 2018 at Peter's of Kensington for $169.00.

Tim

I have, but not received a response

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Tim please resend to my attention and I will investigate- regards Lesley at Smeg Australia

Annie

AnnieHunter Region, NSW

Failing appliance

Bought a smeg toaster and kettle 4 years ago. The ’S’ fell off the kettle within the first year and the ‘G’ followed soon after. Now the kettle has started leaking from the handle over the switch - very dangerous.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $199.00.

Bailey

BaileySouth East Queensland, QLD

Looks nice at the start. Doesn’t last

The kettle was so beautiful when purchased. Very shortly after the colour faded very badly. I clean it properly and keep it away from the sun. Even the smeg four slice toaster I bought at the same time is awesome condition yet the kettle is badly faded. I’m so disappointed in how quickly the colour faded and would not but again.

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer for $250.00.

Lesley R.Smeg

Power button turns off before boils

I am in Canada, and the same issue as ODY. less than 2 years of usage the kettle power button is broken. Pops up before the water boiled and you need to keep your finger on it to make it boil. Honestly, for what the products cost, you should be able to get at least 5 years worth just like lower end small appliances. I will definitely not be buying any more of their products and will not be endorsing it to family and friends neither. Total rip off!

Purchased in December 2017 for $199.00.

Power button is broken

Very disappointed in the smeg products. Bought a 4 slice toasted and kettle on November 25, 2017. Toasted had to be changed at the store after 3weeks of usage due to 2 of the burners not functioning. And TODAY, less than 2 years of usage the kettle power button is broken. Pops up before the water boiled and you need to keep your finger on it to make it boil. Honestly, for what the products cost, you should be able to get at least 5 years worth just like lower end small appliances. I will definitely not be buying any more of their products and will not be endorsing it to family and friends neither. Total rip off!

Purchased in November 2017.

Ody
Ody

Hi Ody. We have recieved your information, but we are located in Australia - we have forwarded your contact details to our Canadian Collegues and they will be in direct contact. regards, Lesley @ Smeg Australia.

Broke after 2 years

This kettle broke after 2 years of owning it so the warranty is no longer valid. We bought the kettle in AU but now live in NZ. I've spoken to smeg and multiple repair companies and no one is able to fix it. Very wasteful.

Steve C.Smeg

Very disappointing with my purchase

I love my smeg kettle have it just under 2years and a bubble has appeared at the back beside the handle.. I am very disappointed.. As they are not cheap always wanted one so we treated ourselves when we got are new kitchen..

Purchased in September 2018 for $130.00.

Kristie1

Kristie1Queensland

I love it but it’s faded and doesn’t match my toaster anymore

I love it and it works well but it’s faded and doesn’t match my toaster anymore. For the money I paid I didn’t expect it to fade it’s quite disappointing.

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman for $199.00.

Disappointing.

Very disappointed in this kettle. I bought it from Appliances Online, so didn’t see it before purchase. If I had I would not have bought it. For a kettle around $200 you expect more. The base and handle are plastic, making it look cheap. The lid leaks, after boiling and refilling, boiling water runs down the handle.

Purchased in August 2019 at Appliances Online for $195.00.

cinBrisbane

Quiet kettle

Kettle is great working wise it’s fast and quiet. But the colour has faded and the lid sticks. I bought matching toaster and now they are not the same shade of pink.

Purchased at Myer for $150.00.

Dear cin,
Please email service@smeg.com.au with your name, address and contact number and mark it to the attention of Lesley. Once she has this information, she will be in direct contact with you.
Regards

cin

Unfortunately I moved house and have no idea where my receipts are.....pictures I can do and serial number on bottom of kettle would two out of three be ok?

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Cin. This will be fine. Please email us the information that you have. Thank you Smeg Australia.

Logo stickers fall off

I brought a SMEG toaster and Kettle a few years ago. I must say both have worked very well except that the stickers on the Kettle started to fall off within months of purchase. I now own a SME or MEG depending on which way I turn it. Very disappointing considering it was mean't to be a matching Kettle and Toaster as a feature on our kitchen bench. I thought it was just mine but now realize it is a design problem as I am not the only one it appears.

Sarakara

SarakaraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Color fading

I have the pink SMEG kettle just for over a year and sadly it wasn't the same color as when it was new. To think that I have spent 200 because I want that "pink SMEG kettle" and guess what? It wasnt that same color mainly in the middle part. The lid and the base remained the same color though. I know it is probably because of the heat but it's what its supposed to do. Was thinking to buy the matching toaster but I changed my mind.

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $180.00.

Eddasked

KLF01CRAU (Cream)

Had my Kettle for 3yrs and today it has stopped boiling. The light comes on but nothing else. Any help?

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Edd. Thank you for reaching out and giving us an opportunity to make things right. In order for us to assist you can you kindly email us with your full name, address and a contact telephone number. Could you also include a picture of the kettle along with a picture of the sticker on the base of the kettle that shows the serial number on it. Once we receive this information we will be in direct contact with you to discuss this matter. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. Regards, Smeg Australia.

Just sent you the info

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Edd. Thank you we have received your email, however, this is an Australian product review site, we have forwarded your information to Smeg UK and they will contact you to discuss. If need be, their email address is; customerservice@smeguk.com thank you Smeg Australia.

Sally M.

Sally M.asked

My cream SMEG kettle keeps flicking back into the off position before the kettle is boiled and the only way to achieve boiling is to hold the switch down an extra one or two times! Has anyone else had this problem and what can we do??

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Sally, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address, telephone contact details and also if you can scan me a photograph of the rating plate from the base of the appliance. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix this problem. Regards, Steve Cullen

Christine

Christineasked

KLF01CRAU (Cream)

My kettle switch on the bottom side of the appliance won’t switch off when the kettle is boiled- I have to lift the kettle off the pad - the on off switch does not appear to be working very well / even putting it on I have to hold the switch on for a few seconds before it goes - also the kettle has started boiling on its own when on the pad and at these times the on switch and light have come on. Any help?

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives