Smeg SA384X

Smeg SA384X

Poor build quality

We bought this microwave in 2012. Within a few months of purchase we had an issue with the door not being recognised as closed therefore the microwave wouldn't start until the door was opened and closed a few times. We have a burnt door from when the metal turntable jumped its footing and hit the door, sparking whilst the microwave was in operation. Recently the light sometimes doesn't work whilst the door is open or the unit is in operation. On the other hand we were fairly happy with the heating and cooking.

Date PurchasedJun 2012
Dear Gasmi, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and contact details and also what are all of the issues. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve CullenThanks Steve for getting in touch with us. The technician arrived and inspected the unit today. Looking forward to a result Update 2: technician arrived again today with parts, fixed everything and it's better than new. Much appreciated Steve and Smeg. Thank you for the great communication and quick response.

Very noisy, lacks power

We purchased this microwave oven to complement the remainder of the appliaces in our kitchen. Unfortunately it has never been up to our expectations, but we have persevered with it for the past 2 1/2 years. What a pity, as it has now developed a problem with the micro switch in the door, that intermittently will not allow the motor to start.
This machine (by the way) was the second one. The first one had a totally twisted cabinet, which we returned to “The Good Guys”, who told us that we would have to wait at least two weeks for a replacement.
So all-in-all, not a very good result.
I think we will not be buying another of these, even though it is going to mean that all of our appliances will not be the same make.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Dear Stedroyf,I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and contact details and also what are all of the issues. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve CullenThanks for your communications. Your local guy arranged to visit, but did not, nor did he leave a message to say why. Does not matter now, as we have purchased another make as replacement. An unfortunate outcome, I would say

Wife is not happy with newly purchased smeg microwave

Bought this microwave as part of our complete kitchen renovation. Smeg 6 burner gas cooktop, smeg underbench electric oven and the smeg sa384x microwave. Nothing but trouble with the microwave turntable constantly coming off the centre drive device preventing it turning. Once even coming off during its cycle and arcing on the door luckily we quickly turned it off. We constantly have to stand and watch while in use to make sure of its correct operation.My wife has rang to complain and has been told she would need to take it into a service centre for assessment. This is unacceptable from a smeg. Very happy with all other items purchased so far but microwave is terrible as the design of its turntable is atrocious.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Dear Keith, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and telephone numbers. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

Need earplugs to use it

Just took delivery of this microwave. Very disappointed. The side panel rattles like a proverbial freight train at full speed. When in use you need to stand there and hold the panel to prevent the noise. I had been very happy with a SMEG cooktop so thought the microwave would be just as good. Obviously not.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Dear Ando, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your details. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve CullenThank you to Steve from Smeg and the guys from Capital Appliance Centre for the prompt repair of my microwave. Very much appreciated. Ando

worst mircowave ever

I have the same problem with this mircowave,when it was brand new it was bad enough that it didn't heat food through properly but now I can't believe this but it's rusted. The rust is on the door and it's not small. It produces large amounts of condensation/moisture when used. i can not even make popcorns for the kids as this will not heat up and i have wasted so many.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Dear Ranju, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your details. Once I have this information I will be able to arrange an inspection of the appliance to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

Worst microwave ever, its rusted on the inside.

This microwave is the worst microwave I have ever used/owned. When it was brand new it was bad enough that it didn't heat food through properly but now I can't believe this but it's rusted on the inside. The rust is on the door and it's not small. It produces large amounts of condensation/moisture when used. I really thought Smeg was a good brand but after this I will avoid the brand in all products.

Sear Steve L, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your details and I will arrange a service call to inspect the appliance to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve CullenSmeg followed up will the issues and have Since replaced the microwave. The after sales support was really good and has restored some faith in the brand.

Lasted 13 years, not too many problems.

The controls aren't so easy and it wasn't the biggest microwave, but it served me well for 13 years.
The only glitch was that the internal light seemed to stop working.

Today, it no longer heats anything. The turntable still works but the items come out cold. Not sure if its worth repairing now.

BROKEN, AGAIN!

Bought this microwave in Oct 2014, turntable wouldn't work after just two months, exchanged it for another, now after less than a year it doesn't heat at all, on any cycle. Microwave, combi, grill, all dead. Doesn't exactly instill confidence. It is a shame because I bought it along with a Smeg upright cooker which works beautifully. Will just cut my losses and buy another brand.

Dear JC70, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your details. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

Terrible

I brought this microwave from Appliances online in December 2014. It had its first service call after 3 weeks as the turntable would only work intermittently. At 4 weeks old it had its second service call with the same thing happening and again and a new motor was put in. I also advised the repairer that it heats unevenly. I was told see how you go!!! As of today (at 4 months old) I have just requested another service call as it turns itself on and off and is now overheating. It still cooks unevenly. It takes rice 14 minutes to cook and burns popcorn. I would not recommend this microwave and now are disputing getting a refund to purchase another brand. Please read all reviews before you buy this product. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!

Dear Rachel P, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your details and also what are all of the issues. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

Very Disappointing

This microwave is not as good as my 5yr old LG.It has a lack of power. This is my second one- thankfully Bing Lee replaced the first as it kept over heating and cutting out. The cooking is also uneven as some of the vegies are under cooked while others are cooked.
Dial to set time is quick and easy
Lacks Power

I just bought one myself at Bing Lee but I'm not happy with it either. As you said it is not evenly heating up the food. How did you get it replaced? Do you have to wait for it to break?Heap of rubbish...mine is absolutely drenched with water after cooking and it drips out of the closed door!Dear Kwad and Working Mum, I am the National Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist both of you with these issues. If you email your details and I will arrange for a service call top assertain how best we can assist . My email address is steve.cullen@smeg .com.au and I await you contact. Regards Steve Cullen