Smeg SA9010X

LetsTalkMelbourne

Poor After Sales Despite Inherent Defect in Product

Date PurchasedSep 2014

Hi Steve C
Thank you for reaching out. I had been away from this site for a while just saw your response. Like to know if this offer is still open

Great Cooker all round, Quick and Excellent After warranty Service

My wife loves the Cooker.....plenty of space on the cooktop and oven, easy to keep clean and cooks meal very well. definitely a great cooker to use. We had a mishap where Smeg came to the party to have it repaired. It all happened so quick where they fitted us in on a Saturday. The technician was very courteous and gave me a call earlier as was behind to say will be a little late. He completed his work with pride, not too many like him. He fixed the oven and then further more gave us advice on how to keep it clean and then to give us information on our Smeg dishwasher......very happy with the service......5 star plus.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Jacqueline

JacquelineBrisbane

Great Oven

I have had no issues at all with this oven. Both the stove top and the oven are easy to use and cook food nicely. The size of the oven allows me to fit 4 trays in which is so useful. The door is easy to open and close and I am easily able to look in while food is cooking to check on it.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Nattles

NattlesMurrumbateman

Faulty oven

Oven was delivered 12/14. Been the worst oven ever owned. Also not the easiest door to clean. Electrical faults and has never cooked a roast properly. Could do scones. Called in an oven technician after the oven blew the switch after burning out. Officially died in October 2017. Very disappointed in the brand.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Nathan

NathanGold Coast

Oven less then 3 years old seems to have burnt itself out

Date PurchasedOct 2014

MacSydney

New home smeg oven just used and opened door shuttered

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Mac

Thank you steve for quick support and fixing the issue

kamco

kamcoasked

Hi there, We will be getting one of these ovens in our new house. We can only see a picture of it at the moment in a brochure. Would you describe the door as stainless steel or black? thanks

LetsTalk

Hi Kamco : SA9010X, that is the model. Stainless steel but as with all ovens, the door is tempered glass. Just make sure they have the flame failure device installed. Your builder should have a showroom to show you the appliance, if not check with them where you could look at the appliance.

TBone

Stainless Steel colour, not Black....Unless they do come in different colours...My wife is very happy with the unit so far.

Ash

Ashasked

I bought a smeg free standing 5 burner cooker and oven 6 months ago. The middle black parts of the burners started to melt like three months ago. And the oven temperature is very inconsistent. Is anyone else has the same problem with smeg?

TBone

Hi, with ours a mouse ended up getting into the back area and short circuiting the board causing it to burn out....though not sure you have the same problem. Smeg were very good in the service and resolving the problem quickly. Regards Michael

Steve C.Smeg

Hi Ash.Thank you for your question. My name is Steve Cullen and I am the National Service and Spare Parts Manager for Smeg Australia. Can you please contact me direct via email: Steve.cullen@smeg.com.au and please include your full name, address and a contact telephone number. I will then be in direct contact with you to discuss this issue and rectify. Regards Steve Cullen.

TBoneasked

Re Smeg SA 9010 X Cooker...... My wife attempted to use the ignite for the on top stove burner and not working. Checked the circuit breaker and all ok.....unsure if it has its own circuit breaker / fuse somewhere. any ideas what the problem may be? Hope its simple. Thanks Michael

TBone

I am unable to edit my question, but I find out that the unit has no power at all, so the oven is not working either. we did norice a burning smell earlier but it went away....it seems that some electrical fault in the unit....and only 3 years old, and house was empty for 1.5 years....no use at all....like brand new..... very disappointing to have issues with a well branded appliance and not a cheap one at that that have these sort of issues so early.

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Michael, I have received your email directed to me and I have advised the service people to arrange a service call as goodwill. They will be in contact shortly Regards Steve Cullen.

TBone

Hi Steve, Appreciate you getting back to me with your reply. I will be awaiting for their call.....hopefully we can get resolved soon to have it up and running. Thanks Michael

Hi Steve, received the call soon after and booked in for technician to come and look at the cooker and get repaired as needed and covered by Smeg. I do thankyou for covering the costs. Regards Michael

Hi Steve, the technician was very courteous and gave me a call earlier as was behind to say will be a little late. He completed his work with pride, not too many like him. He fixed the oven and then further more gave us advice on how to keep it clean and then to give us information on our Smeg dishwasher......very happy with the service......5 star plus.
Regards
Michael

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

CategoryFreestanding Ovens