MPN: SA940CXA

Very effective

Off to a bad start with minor dents in the first unit delivered. Tradesman suggested this was not uncommon but this might not have been specific to smeg. once installed it proved very powerful and efficient. Lighting is very good. Three speed settings. A little noisey but it’s powerful so expected to a degree. Not cheap but very good unit.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Noisy !

Just installed this in our new kitchen, the sales rep ensured us the noise level would be better than the one in the show room, as it wasn't set up with a duct. Well ours is, and it is no better than the one we heard in the show room. Very disappointed in the product, for the price we paid expected much better.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Dear Ree, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address and contact details and also what are all of the issues. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

Very effective and bright LED lights to enjoy your passion

This was a very tricky decision with so many products in the market.
SMEG was a bit dear, but am very happy with its suction power.
Noise levels are same as every other average rangehood, but the suction capacity is really better for the price.
The LED lights are bright to provide a 2 meter coverage and helps a lot with cooking.
Cleaning the filters is also very easy, would recommend!!!

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Damaged Goods

Well this got off to a bad start.
The unit was scheduled to be installed today - had the installer lined up. But as he opened the box - severe damage was observed on the unit. the cardboard box didnt had a dint on it - so obviously the unit was packaged in a damaged state - poor quality control.
The reseller (Bing Lee) is organizing another unit but now I'm concerned. The unit was sold to me citing higher quality (the salesman compared Smeg to Westinghouse as Ferrari to Holden !) touting that the unit is made in Italy - Wrong because it says on the box it is made in PRC.
So far thinking of going with the unit but not sure whether it is worth spending the extra money on this unit - quality control looks very ordinary. Maybe will update the review when it is actually installed and we had a chance to use it.

Ok it is installed now and looks great and works great too - not too loud - light is nice and bright. For most of my cooking the lowest fan setting is sufficient.

Binglee also delivered the replacement at home at no charge which was good too.

Date PurchasedDec 2016