Smeg SA987CX-2

Smeg SA987CX-2 (page 2 of 2)

light bulb blew after 2 weeks

Purchased 2 weeks ago and the light bulb blew out. Looks like this occurs frequently by other posters in the forum. Also makes a metallic popping noise while cooling down, like the internal cavity is decompressing.

Jasp

JaspMelbourne

Microwave will not heat up. Faulty product.

This product is faulty. The convection oven will not heat up, I've wasted time and food trying to bake/cook in it.
I am taking it back to place of purchase for a full refund as it is not fit for purpose. Won't be buying a smeg again.
(Now I will reinstate my old panasonic convection microwave, glad I didn't sell it. An oldie but it cooks!)

Give it a miss !!!

Purchased Microwave and it was DOA on arrival, if you turn the timer dial it flicks between 10sec and 60 minutes no other time is able to be sent ... back to Harvey's. Had a smeg previous to this and was happy, but now that I have done some research in trying to fault find, will see what else I can get.

Azza
Azza

Thank you for your quick reply Steve, will contact you via email off line. By way of update item has been returned to HN. Cheers, Adrian

See all Smeg SA987CX / SA987CX-2 reviews

bkcel24

bkcel24asked

We have always had SMEG microwaves with no issues. My husband has bought a new one with the grilling feature however every time I use the microwave to heat things up - the condensation that is left in there is not something I’ve ever seen before. It stays wet until the next time I open the door. I don’t think this is normal. Thoughts?

Jules
Jules

Yes, I have had the same problem and just wipe it out each time when it happens. I really don't like it at all. We had an cheap Aldi microwave just whilst we were building and I wish I never got rid of it as it was much better. I also think they just use plastic crappy material to make there products now. They certainly don't make things as they use to.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi bkcel24, thank you for your review. Have you contacted us to discuss this matter? We would love to have an opportunity to assist you. Can you kindly email us with your full name, address and a contact telephone number. We will then organise an inpsection of your appliance. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Jules, thanks for your feedback as well - we would also love to have an opportunity to assist you with your problem, can you email us also with your full name, address and a contact telephone number. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. We await your information. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Rossi Cork

Rossi Corkasked

Hi like the two previous customers in the product review my smeg convection microwave doesnt heat up enough on the convection setting and the lower grill. The upper grill and the microwave work well but the lower grill and the convection oven dont heat up enough for cooking although they are both heating up a bit. It has only been used as a microwave for the last couple of months. The oven is approx 3yrs old. All the functions appear to be working fine. I would like to get it repaired but have been told that it would cheaper to buy a convection microwave from KMart As this seems to be a glitch with these ovens I wondered you could help me thanks Rossi

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Rossi, I have already sent you an email in answer to yours. Regards Steve Cullen

gidday!again

gidday!againasked

Hi, like AJMelbourne had my convection microwave in storage for 4 months, then installed happily for 3.4 years. Lovely product, looks great, w matching oven etc. Very happy with it. Only had couple of minor issues which were fixed quickly. Now my convection element doesnt come on at all, wondering if I can replace that element myself as I fear the service call will b expensive. Shame it's having so many issues for a relatively young machine.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Gidday!again. Thank you for your enquiry. Can you kindly email us direct with your full name, address and contact telephone number along with a copy of this review. We will then be in direct contact with you to discuss this matter. Our email is: service@smeg.com.au - Kind Regards, SMEG AUSTRALIA

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

CategoryMicrowaves