Smeg SA987CX / SA987CX-2

Smeg SA987CX / SA987CX-2 (page 2 of 5)

SA987CX, SA987CX-2

Terrible microwave

Worst microwave no clock when I cook in and open the door and it full of water covered food and not covered water gets all around the door drips on the floor put a potato bake in the other day turntable stop so it burnt have to open the door then shut it to set it

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Dreadful Microwave - but Good Customer Service

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Cardy

CardyTheodore 2905, ACT

Does the job

It does what it is meant to. Previous to this oven I had an expensive top line m/w steam oven from another manufacture that failed after 13 months (Seperate review) I purchased this and it was the cheapest with the convection feature. Has all the bells and whistles that we require.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Keeps going wrong

Bought Smeg thinking I was clever getting a 2 year warranty and a top quality product. Something blew within a week and Smeg came out and replaced the whole unit (smoke otu teh back!!). The 2 months later the magnetron blew - again smeg came out and replaced the part. Now the turntable is so noisy the food is cooked by noise power alone. Ive never even heard of a microwave having problems before - next time I'll buy a cheap one.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Sylken

SylkenTweed Heads

Happy with service

We had a similar problem with our 3 year old Smeg failing, read these reviews contacted the National Service Manager, Steve who promptly responded and arranged a goodwill service call to repair our microwave. The serviceman was in touch with us promptly too and out to repair within 2 working days. Turned out to be an easy fix - a blown fuse and we are back cooking again. Can't complain.

Date PurchasedDec 2013

Goldygai

GoldygaiGold Coast

No clock

This convection microwave does not have a built-in clock. I purposely purchased an oven without a clock (slightly less expensive than with clock), because one on the microwave would be sufficient. Who could believe, or think to ask, if the clock is a feature of the product? I thought they were standard. What a nuisance to now have to mount a clock on the wall to have handy during cooking. With limited few models on display for demonstration, too late after delivery to find out the deficiency of the one I chose.

My rating is only because it is required for this review. I have used the appliance just once, so cannot at this time properly judge it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

EdZ

EdZMelbourne

Microwave function failed after just 4 years

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Disappointed with poor product

We bought our microwave oven as a back-up to cook smaller cakes, quiches, etc also to heat food.
The convention has not functioned for some time so the purchase was pointless.
This was not a cheap oven and we are disappointed, to say the least.
Previous comments in reviews indicate its not feasible to repair as its cost comparable to the purchase of a new oven. So lugging the oven to the repair shop 30kms away is not an option.
We would like a technician to fix it or a refund on a faulty product, please.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

DavidSydney

Regretting my purchase!

I purchased this product as it seemed to be good value for the features and looks. Unfortunately I have had multiple issues with it in my time of owning it. It is now borderline unusable as it no longer rotates while it is cooking so you have to manually open the door (with gloves on) and rotate the tray every few minutes (unless you like burnt on one side and undercooked on the other) I've tried multiple methods of repairing it but it's starting to look like it's more trouble than it's worth. It's a pity as smeg could have been on a winner here.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
David

Thanks for your quick reply Steve, I have just sent you an email fingers crossed we can sort something out.

Hip hop

Hip hopSydney Surrounds, NSW

Appallingly Awful Product But Worse C/S

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Conned againSouth East Queensland, QLD

And the appalling nature of this product goes on and on ...

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Conned again

Thanks for your help Steve ... good recovery from smeg ... techs were a pleasure to deal with.

Damm light

After all the pain to get a replacement globe and getting no support from the national service manager, and advice to some about the vibration noise, the new globe has blown, God hates us.
I have to say this smeg is a lemon, as is smeg.
Or does God understand what I cook in this oven needs to be done in the dark?
Maybe we'll go back to the sharp.
I'm done.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Craig

CraigBrisbane

Noisy microwave ever owned

I thought buying SMEG microwave would be quality unit , and Also purchased two SMEG ovens at same time but the microwave is so noisy after hearing same issues in the reviews we taking it back for refund to Harvey Norman, obviously this should be recalled , hopefully ovens will be ok fingers crossed otherwise we changing brands . Craig

CherylEast Fremantle

So noisy I'm scared to use it.

So noisy I'm scared to use it. I bought it in Sept 2014 in Brisbane Qld. It makes so much noise it sounds like it's going to blow up. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm quiet concerned about it!! I'm hoping for some help as it is a worry.

Cheryl

Smeg came and fixed my microwave and it is going like a dream now.

FlynnMelbourne

Very disappointed in SMEG microwave

Just out of warranty and the top griller heating element ceased working. Have had other issues with excessive 'cooling' times as well. The microwave is not very powerful and takes a lot longer to heat food than the ones at work, even though it is meant to be just as powerful.

Flynn

Hi Steve. I am now disappointed in SMEG's National Service Manager as well as my SMEG microwave. After commenting on my post, you have ceased your assistance.

Nothing but problems

Bought this product and nothing but problems. Light and turntable worked sporadically. Had it "fixed" but continued. Last straw, put 2 bread rolls in for 10 seconds, came back to find smoke pouring out of the oven. Had to smother with a fire blanket. Product was just out of warranty, but called smeg as there was obviously a fault, but not interested. Could have burnt the whole house down!

Heather
Heather

I would like to say that Smeg were very helpful after this review! They have since replaced the convection oven at no cost, and to date we have had no further issues with the product.

Cherie

CherieMurray Mallee, SA

A little concerned

Bought the SMEG in Melbourne from Harvey Norman. Have only used the convention oven once. Mostly used for heating. A few weeks ago the turntable started making some strange noises. Tonight, we cooked something on MW for 10 minutes and it said it need to cool down. It was cooling down for over an hour and the microwave was getting hotter and hotter. NO error message appeared or an overheating message. I turned it off at the wall and took the plug out. Will call Harvey Norman tomorrow but am concerned now that I have read these reviews and discovered this model has been discontinued.

EricPerth, WA

Turntable problems.

Smeg Microwave is rubbish

I purchased my first Smeg microwave in December 2014. I have had nothing but problems with it. The noise is the worst thing. It overheats, produces so much moisture it is ridiculous. I took it back to the place of purchase and it was repaired, when I got it back it was worse. Sounded like a helicopter. Then I got it replaced. The replacement had a fault which has been fixed and now this one so noisy I can't use it.

Pauline

I have taken this 2nd microwave back to the good guys and they have given me a store credit. I would like to say that they have always been very helpful in trying to fix my problem with the Smeg Microwaves. Just don't buy one if you want quality.

Crap unit

Straight out of the box, rollers don't work properly, turntable only turns sometimes as the rollers don't fit the turntable properly. There is no solution by the looks of it, this is a real lemon, don't know why Smeg doesn't just recall this piece of rubbish. Their reputation just keeps going down the sink hole and they don't care. Thanks for the rubbish Smeg.

Jimbo 0811

Thank you Steve, your people have been in touch and they are due to come and replace this unit this Thursday 21st April..Ill let you know how it goes, thank you.

Jimbo 0811

Well Smeg delivered a new cx-2 model to my house and took the old one away. The new unit functions 100% as advertised and there are no issues with it ...thanks Smeg ..

See all Smeg SA987CX / SA987CX-2 reviews

bkcel24

bkcel24asked

We have always had SMEG microwaves with no issues. My husband has bought a new one with the grilling feature however every time I use the microwave to heat things up - the condensation that is left in there is not something I’ve ever seen before. It stays wet until the next time I open the door. I don’t think this is normal. Thoughts?

Jules
Jules

Yes, I have had the same problem and just wipe it out each time when it happens. I really don't like it at all. We had an cheap Aldi microwave just whilst we were building and I wish I never got rid of it as it was much better. I also think they just use plastic crappy material to make there products now. They certainly don't make things as they use to.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi bkcel24, thank you for your review. Have you contacted us to discuss this matter? We would love to have an opportunity to assist you. Can you kindly email us with your full name, address and a contact telephone number. We will then organise an inpsection of your appliance. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Jules, thanks for your feedback as well - we would also love to have an opportunity to assist you with your problem, can you email us also with your full name, address and a contact telephone number. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. We await your information. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

A.B.asked

We have had our SA987CX for 5 years without any issues, all of a sudden the start button when pushed will not work at all. All other buttons seem to work but without the start button the microwave is useless.

Steve C.Smeg

Dear A.B., I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your address, telephone contact details and also if you can scan me a photograph of the rating plate from the back of the appliance. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve Cullen

A.B.

Thank you, appreciate your help. Will do now.

A.B.

Hi, have to say that I couldn't be more impressed with the service we have received from Smeg since posting on this site. Our microwave has been replaced as the computer causing the issue is not available as a spare part. Strongly recommend purchasing Smeg appliances, this example of their customer services will be remembered long after the inconvenience of the fault has been forgotton. Thank you Smeg.

Rossi Cork

Rossi Corkasked

Hi like the two previous customers in the product review my smeg convection microwave doesnt heat up enough on the convection setting and the lower grill. The upper grill and the microwave work well but the lower grill and the convection oven dont heat up enough for cooking although they are both heating up a bit. It has only been used as a microwave for the last couple of months. The oven is approx 3yrs old. All the functions appear to be working fine. I would like to get it repaired but have been told that it would cheaper to buy a convection microwave from KMart As this seems to be a glitch with these ovens I wondered you could help me thanks Rossi

Steve C.Smeg

Dear Rossi, I have already sent you an email in answer to yours. Regards Steve Cullen

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

Download manual